Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 7 of 11
Re: Their Satanic Majesties Request - 50th Anniversary edition coming in September
Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: September 23, 2017 21:42

This looks nice but I am glad I had enough Amazon rewards points to pay for this in full since there's no new material

Re: Their Satanic Majesties Request - 50th Anniversary edition coming in September
Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: September 24, 2017 05:21

Irix

Available too as combined Mono/Stereo-Version in HiRes 96kHz/24bit at [www.Highresaudio.com] ,
as well as in HiRes 192kHz/24bit at [www.Qobuz.com] .

Do youknow if this new hires version is any different from the previously available hi-res version?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 24, 2017 11:20

kowalski

Do youknow if this new hires version is any different from the previously available hi-res version?

The Stereo-version should be an 2017 Remaster by Bob Ludwig while the Mono-version is the 2016 (Mono-Box) Remaster by Bob Ludwig - [www.jpc.de] .

From [ABKCO.com] : "The set contains both the stereo and mono versions of every song, all newly remastered by Bob Ludwig."

The 2.8MHz/1bit DSD-version is btw available (North-America only) at [Store.AcousticSounds.com] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-24 11:30 by Irix.

Date: September 24, 2017 15:36

Irix
kowalski

The Stereo-version should be an 2017 Remaster by Bob Ludwig while the Mono-version is the 2016 (Mono-Box) Remaster by Bob Ludwig - [www.jpc.de] .

From [ABKCO.com] : "The set contains both the stereo and mono versions of every song, all newly remastered by Bob Ludwig."

The 2.8MHz/1bit DSD-version is btw available (North-America only) at [Store.AcousticSounds.com] .

Thank you for the informations. Bob Ludwig already did the 2002 remasters. I'm not sure to see why the new remaster done by the same Bob Ludwig should be different. Will check myself if I can.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 26, 2017 02:15

exilestones
treaclefingers

inexplicable though, is why they didn't include some unreleased material. that was even done on Sgt. Pepper.

Who is releasing this 50th Anniversary edition? Abkco? They are not allow to release anything more than what was released before without approval from the Rolling Stones.

...and so why couldn't they get approval? Did anyone even try?

Seems like it shouldn't be all that hard nowadays.

Date: September 26, 2017 02:15

just got an advice from Amazon...shipped, will arrive tomorrow!

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: September 26, 2017 07:57

Bottom line is that it's a terrible album, their worst of the 60s. Kind of like Undercover, a great single and some real crap. (Except SMR has two great songs.) I listened to it again on Saturday. I had to fast forward past cuts like The Lantern and Gomper. What a mess. Why anybody would shell out money for a supped up version is beyond me. I guess some people have too much money.

Date: September 26, 2017 11:55

24FPS

Bottom line is that it's a terrible album, their worst of the 60s. Kind of like Undercover, a great single and some real crap.

The Beatles haven't released 'Carnival of Light' because 7 mins were released by The Rolling Stones as 'Sing This All Together (See What Happens)' .... just kiddin' winking smiley

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: September 26, 2017 16:45

The highest reported number today is #17538. Does it mean the total run is about 20000?

Date: September 26, 2017 17:15

ironbelly

The highest reported number today is #17538. Does it mean the total run is about 20000?

Looks like, because I've seen #16181 in my local Electronics Market.

Here's #12844 (Pos. 2:59): [www.YouTube.com] .

Date: September 26, 2017 22:36

MINE ARRIVED! Gorgeous packaging...I can't bring myself to open it.

My number is 12954

Date: September 26, 2017 22:37

think I may need to buy a "play" copy and keep this as the museum piece.

Date: September 26, 2017 23:05

treaclefingers
Oh, yeah, the same feelings. Well described long time ago winking smiley
1. This is going to be the greatest thing ever!
2. I can't wait, look at that tracklisting!
3. I have pre-ordered 3 sets! (2 to be kept sealed)
4. It shipped!
5. Even better than I thought it was going to be!
6. It sucks.
7. A missed opportunity.
8. Looking forward to the 60th anniversary set.

Date: September 27, 2017 00:13

ironbelly
treaclefingers
Oh, yeah, the same feelings. Well described long time ago winking smiley
1. This is going to be the greatest thing ever!
2. I can't wait, look at that tracklisting!
3. I have pre-ordered 3 sets! (2 to be kept sealed)
4. It shipped!
5. Even better than I thought it was going to be!
6. It sucks.
7. A missed opportunity.
8. Looking forward to the 60th anniversary set.

thumbs up

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: September 27, 2017 01:19

My big complaint with this package is the lp placements. The cardboard seems really flimsy like paper you could easily tear putting the lp back in

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 27, 2017 02:09

Rob Bowman liner notes ...............

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: September 27, 2017 02:35

Although it has been years since I partook in anything, Satanic might be the ultimate trip album.

Date: September 27, 2017 13:14

Rob Bowman liner notes ...............

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: September 27, 2017 14:39

smileys with beerthumbs up Thank you Rockman

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: September 27, 2017 14:46

It's not a Stones album that I'm willing to pay $75 for no matter how it's re-packaged.

Date: September 27, 2017 14:48

..... The MONO -- SACD ... delivers man ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: FoolToCry ()
Date: September 27, 2017 14:57

wasn´t it Keith Richards playing bass on "2000 light years from home"?

Posted by: ash ()
Date: September 27, 2017 16:02

Are there any recording details (session dates etc..) or pictures of tape boxes in the book/package ?

Date: September 27, 2017 20:31

ash
Are there any recording details (session dates etc..) or pictures of tape boxes in the book/package ?
If you are talking about something like
Recorded 9th March 1967 - 12 takes (Backing track only)
Instrumentation overdubs 10th March 1967 onto take 12
Vocal overdubs 21st March 1967 - 2 takes (13-14)
Overdubs 23rd March 1967 creating take 15
Final mix - take 15.
No, there is no information like that. No images of boxes with tapes either.

PS. To avoid confusion I dig that example from Sgt. Pepper's related site.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: September 28, 2017 00:48

24FPS
Bottom line is that it's a terrible album, their worst of the 60s. Kind of like Undercover, a great single and some real crap. (Except SMR has two great songs.) I listened to it again on Saturday. I had to fast forward past cuts like The Lantern and Gomper. What a mess. Why anybody would shell out money for a supped up version is beyond me. I guess some people have too much money.

smiling smiley
Sort of my sentiments too, although I think it's a fun album on occasion. I think this record has gone from being totally slammed back in the day, to being almost overrated now - at least here on IORR!

Date: September 30, 2017 02:48

Irix
kowalski

I listended to the samples available on Qobuz from both versions. All I was able to find out is the new remaster is much louder. Other than that it sounded quite similar (possibly a bit crispier on the new remaster).

Date: September 30, 2017 16:31

LieB
24FPS

smiling smiley
Sort of my sentiments too, although I think it's a fun album on occasion. I think this record has gone from being totally slammed back in the day, to being almost overrated now - at least here on IORR!

I think what it is, is an uneven album, and obviously stylistically different to anything they previously done. But half the album is actually great music, a few weak and one dud. If they put out an album of that quality now we'd have tears of joy in our eyes.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 18, 2017 15:49

A new reissue of the Rolling Stones’ oft-demeaned “Their Satanic Majesties Request” flips the script
Maybe “Their Satanic Majesties” wasn’t the Stones’ limp and callow rip-off of “Sgt. Pepper’s” after all

[www.salon.com]

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 25, 2017 03:38

"Our Los Angeles gallery will exhibit Michael Cooper’s photographs from ‘Their Satanic Majesties Request’ starting tomorrow!"

[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: October 25, 2017 04:34

Cristiano Radtke
A new reissue of the Rolling Stones’ oft-demeaned “Their Satanic Majesties Request” flips the script
Maybe “Their Satanic Majesties” wasn’t the Stones’ limp and callow rip-off of “Sgt. Pepper’s” after all

[www.salon.com]

Whatever it is was made by people too high on drugs and too distracted by their personal lives. It's definitely 'of its time', whereas Sgt. Pepper is timeless.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 7 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1580
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home