Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT : Who do you Love : the movie 2008
Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: July 26, 2017 13:40

I am doing some research on Chess Records for my trip to Chicago tomorrow. I run into some info on that 2008 movie Who do you Love.Is it worth watching and where can I find it?
Rock and roll,
Mops

Re: OT : Who do you Love : the movie 2008
Posted by: kovach ()
Date: July 26, 2017 16:07

I can't find it either...might want to watch Cadillac Records if you haven't seen it. Not exactly a documentary, I think the truth is pretty stretched at many points, but entertaining movie.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: July 26, 2017 18:36

I found clips of 2 scenes. One with Mr. Chess Willie Dixon and Muddy Waters in the studio. It looks good. I went on Ebay hoping to find the dvd but no luck. Amazon prime doesn't carry it either.
Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: July 27, 2017 02:11

Is Chess Studios still at 2120 S.M Avenue?

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: July 28, 2017 18:08

I don't think this movie ever got finished or something, it got beat to the gate by Cadillac Records.

Chess Studios is still at same location, but it's no longer a working studio - it's a museum worth a quick visit. I was there about 5-6 years ago and they were trying to raise funds to make it better.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 28, 2017 18:10

This movie can be watched on Netflix (although it may not be available everywhere): [www.netflix.com]

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: July 28, 2017 19:29

Lynd8
I don't think this movie ever got finished or something, it got beat to the gate by Cadillac Records.

Chess Studios is still at same location, but it's no longer a working studio - it's a museum worth a quick visit. I was there about 5-6 years ago and they were trying to raise funds to make it better.

Yes I think Willie Dixon's family owns it now.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1814
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home