Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: "Ronnie Wood: Artist" book due out in 21 Aug 2017
Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: August 21, 2017 10:40

Rip This
RW is really a gift to the Stones and us fans...he literally saved this band in the 70's and somehow survived the next 30 years of drugs and has come out the other side still sounding great....his work on Blue and Lonesome was exquisite.....and his guitar work on Micks 2 singles are also very good...good for RW!!!

I agree. When he says the Stones keep getting better I feel it really applies to himself alone but of course he won't say so. He is in a really good place these days, both personally and creatively.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: August 22, 2017 01:50

Not sure if this has been put up before.

It's just the Ronnie interview and not the whole programme. smileys with beer

Ronnie talking to Steve Wright Radio 2.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: August 22, 2017 17:18

Thank you, crawdaddy! smileys with beer

Ronnie on BBC5 today:

Sarah Brett and Nihal Arthanayake meet Rolling Stones guitarist, Ronnie Wood to discuss his life, career and love of art.

Today
13:00
BBC RADIO 5 LIVE

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Date: August 22, 2017 23:41

"Who is the one musician Ronnie Wood didn't include in his new art book?

He told @theRealNihal a couple of paintings didn't make the cut."

Video:

[twitter.com]

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: August 23, 2017 00:02

Nice one Cristiano........................and Ronnie. smileys with beer

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: August 23, 2017 00:44

I had heard from a very good source that Ronnie was to be at the Picasso museum in Barcelona this week for an event to launch his new artist book but I haven't read anything about that happening maybe it got postponed or cancelled I don't know.
The book is great I bought it for my father who is also an artist a photographer and now retired art director.My father is extremely talented himself having done work with people such as Helmut Newton and my father really appreciated Ronnies book.

Nate

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: August 24, 2017 01:42

Got he book today and it really is quite a good book, all his paintings etc. Great quality paper too.
Jeroen

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: August 26, 2017 00:58

Here is a top interview with Ronnie on BBC Radio 4's Front Row programme. I think it ranks as my favourite among all the recent ones. It starts at about two minutes into the programme.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: August 26, 2017 06:20

Beast
Here is a top interview with Ronnie on BBC Radio 4's Front Row programme. I think it ranks as my favourite among all the recent ones. It starts at about two minutes into the programme.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Wow. Just about 6 minutes from start and we find out his secret to maintaining his trim figure, and that he drew his 4th step/ list of life time line, and it's in his new book---

Date: August 26, 2017 15:03

Beast

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Great interview, thank you Beast! smileys with beer

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: August 31, 2017 14:32

I ordered the book from USA Amazon, about $27., release date Oct. 17

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 2, 2017 19:35

Ulli Schröder from the [StonesFanMuseum.com] got a special signature: „Cheers Ulrich - Ronnie 2017“ plus a small extra drawing -- [Wendland-net.de] .

Date: September 2, 2017 19:39

Irix

Ulli Schröder from the [StonesFanMuseum.com] got a special signature: „Cheers Ulrich - Ronnie 2017“ plus a small extra drawing -- [Wendland-net.de] .

Nice! thumbs up

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: September 2, 2017 19:49

Cristiano Radtke
Irix

Nice! thumbs up

Ulli used to be Ronnies gallerist and I hope there will be a book signing by Ronnie in the Picasso Museum in Barcelona in a few weeks.

Date: September 2, 2017 20:00

In July I had heard that there would be an event at the Picasso museum in Barcelona in August for Ronnies new book and from what I had heard I thought it would be a private event but obviously that didn't happen in August so maybe something will happen in September I don't know probably others know much more than I do about this.

Nate

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-02 20:01 by Nate.

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: September 2, 2017 20:07

Nate
In July I had heard that there would be an event at the Picasso museum in Barcelona in August for Ronnies new book and from what I had heard I thought it would be a private event but obviously that didn't happen in August so maybe something will happen in September I don't know probably others know much more than I do about this.

Nate

If it happens that will be great and I'm looking forward the Stones concert in Barcelona

Date: September 3, 2017 17:13

Does anyone please know if the book is available as the English version in German book stores ?

Thanks

Nate

Date: September 3, 2017 17:22

Nate
Does anyone please know if the book is available as the English version in German book stores ?

Thanks

Nate

It looks so:

[www.amazon.de]

Date: September 3, 2017 17:27

Thanks mate thumbs up

Got to pick one copy up for someone and my local bookstore sold out so will get it in Munich next week.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: September 3, 2017 17:29

You can order it here:

JPC price: 30,83 Euro.

Years and years ago there were some JPC shops. But I think they don't have any shops any more.

Date: September 3, 2017 17:41

MAF
You can order it here:

JPC price: 30,83 Euro.

Years and years ago there were some JPC shops. But I think they don't have any shops any more.

Thanks but I will try and pick a copy up in a bookstore in Munich next week.
I could order here online in the U.K but I need to give it to someone in Munich next week so it may not arrive in time if I order online.

Thanks thumbs up

Date: September 3, 2017 21:12

“Ronnie Wood talks calmly with David Bailey all the while capturing with ease the essence of someone who we all know — an icon, a name, a face and an archetype of beauty for the modern age.” Sascha Bailey sets the scene for the latest #HumanityMAG cover story featuring Kate Moss.

[www.instagram.com]

[mag.citizensofhumanity.com]

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: September 4, 2017 10:18

Nate

Nate

May well have been the terrorist attack last month which caused the cancellation ?

Date: September 22, 2017 19:20

Cristiano Radtke
Ronnie Wood on Music and Art

According to this FB post (from June 16, 2015) the above video has some footage that was filmed for a documentary titled "Ronnie Wood: Hell of a Racket". Here's a teaser for this documentary:

Ronnie Wood: Hell of a Racket

Date: October 1, 2017 16:45

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: October 12, 2017 20:53

Ronnie is doing a (very expensive) event in London on November 13th:

On behalf of Ronnie Wood and Genesis Publications, we invite you to join us at a subscriber event in London to celebrate the publication of RONNIE WOOD: ARTIST – The Art Edition.
Appearing onstage with the BBC's Arts Editor, Will Gompertz, Ronnie Wood will discuss his life, inspirations and creative process as they review a selection of work from a life in art: from landscapes and sculptures to portraits of blues and jazz pioneers, Hollywood icons, fashion models and The Stones themselves.

VIP subscriber offer
Exclusively for Genesis subscribers, pre-order the new signed book and print set to secure a complimentary VIP ticket. Attend a pre-event VIP reception, enjoy the talk from a front row seat, and afterwards take part in a professional group photo with Will Gompertz and Ronnie Wood, only for VIP ticket holders.

The VIP Package
Order your copy of RONNIE WOOD: ARTIST today to receive a complimentary VIP invitation to the launch event. The VIP package includes:
Your choice of RONNIE WOOD: ARTIST limited edition book and framed print - ships in December

Complimentary attendance at the RONNIE WOOD: ARTIST launch; includes priority seating with drinks and canapés served on arrival.

A commemorative group portrait by a professional photographer with VIP ticket holders, Will Gompertz and Ronnie Wood

£695 (+ shipping)
Subscribers who have already pre-ordered RONNIE WOOD: ARTIST: please save the date and confirm your attendance by replying to the VIP invitation that will soon follow by email.

Event Details
Monday 13th November 2017
6.30pm VIP Reception

7.00pm Doors open
7.30pm Interview with Will Gompertz

8.40 - 9.00 pm Subscribers group photo with Ronnie Wood & Will Gompertz
The Royal Society of Arts
RSA House, 8 John Adam Street, London WC2N 6EZ

Date: November 13, 2017 22:19

"Waiting for @ronniewood at the RSA..."

[twitter.com]

Date: November 14, 2017 02:55

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: November 14, 2017 04:26

Can't wait to get this book! I love Ronnie's art and my print of his "Mick with Harmonica" is my prize possession smiling smiley

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: November 14, 2017 12:11

Ronnie Wood is best known for being part of the Rolling Stones but before his career in music even began, he was at art school – which is being charted in a new book. The BBC’s arts editor Will Gompertz reports

From 02.20 Ronnie on BBC4 radio this morning

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1819
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home