Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: "Ronnie Wood: Artist" book due out in 21 Aug 2017
Posted by: Nate ()
Date: August 16, 2017 16:20

Anyone seen anything about this in the English printed press today?

Thanks

Nate

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: August 16, 2017 16:32

Looking good: Ronnie Wood looked in good spirits as he made his first public appearance since announcing his cancer diagnosis in London on Tuesday

Bouncing back: The Rolling Stones rocker, 70, revealed earlier this month that he had surgery on his lung to remove the tumour but refused to have chemotherapy

Still smiling: Yet the star looked happy and healthy as he attended the launch of his new book, Ronnie Wood: Artist at London's Selfridges on Tuesday

Low-key look: Dressed down for the outing, the father-of-six donned a white shirt teamed with skinny black jeans and colourful trainers

Still smiling: The star looked in high spirits as he beamed down the lens on the outing

Bottoms up! Posing with his tome in hand, the star seemed chirpy as he happily beamed for the camera before enjoying a soft drink

Still smiling: The star was in excellent spirits as he posed at the event to promote his book

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Date: August 16, 2017 17:15

Thanks Cristiano for posting
Great photos.

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: August 16, 2017 17:53

Cristiano Radtke
Ronnie Wood on Music and Art

Nice one, Cristiano - thanks for posting!

Date: August 16, 2017 18:01

My pleasure, Beast and Nate.

Lien
Ronnie Wood discusses his art

Tomorrow
14:00
BBC RADIO 2
[www.bbc.co.uk]

And in 'the one show' tomorrow night, BBC

Yes. thumbs up

Rolling Stone and artist Ronnie Wood chats to Matt Baker and Gabby Logan about his new art book.

Today
19:00
BBC ONE EXCEPT SCOTLAND, SCOTLAND HD

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Date: August 16, 2017 20:00

"Ronnie is on BBC The One Show tonight! Here he is in the Green Room. Catch him at 7pm BBC1."

[www.instagram.com]

Date: August 17, 2017 00:55

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-17 01:07 by Nate.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: August 17, 2017 01:13

Ronnie at The one show , about is art and a little Elvis tribute .. [youtu.be]

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: August 17, 2017 01:19

Cristiano Radtke
My pleasure, Beast and Nate.

Lien
Ronnie Wood discusses his art

Tomorrow
14:00
BBC RADIO 2
[www.bbc.co.uk]

And in 'the one show' tomorrow night, BBC

Yes. thumbs up

Rolling Stone and artist Ronnie Wood chats to Matt Baker and Gabby Logan about his new art book.

Today
19:00
BBC ONE EXCEPT SCOTLAND, SCOTLAND HD

[www.bbc.co.uk]

The full episode as he's present throughout the programme:
[we.tl]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Date: August 17, 2017 02:11

Thank you, Deltics! thumbs up

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: August 17, 2017 02:30

I thought he was excellent tonight - very genial snd happy as ever. He's always been by far the most sociable band member.

He sat in the studio throughout the programme, even when they took breaks to show other items. He played out the programme with a bit of Elvis on his guitar. Top man.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: August 17, 2017 12:19

grzegorz67
I thought he was excellent tonight - very genial snd happy as ever. He's always been by far the most sociable band member.

He sat in the studio throughout the programme, even when they took breaks to show other items. He played out the programme with a bit of Elvis on his guitar. Top man.

Fully agree, thought he was GREAT. By far the most 'sociable' and 'accessible' Rolling Stone (of the big four I mean) ...

Top man Sir Ron (as I call him), and wishing you good health and longevity and a successful outing with the boys during September/October, and SEE YOU AT THE AMSTERDAM & PARIS 1 & 2 shows !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: August 17, 2017 13:55

paulywaul
grzegorz67

Fully agree, thought he was GREAT. By far the most 'sociable' and 'accessible' Rolling Stone (of the big four I mean) ...

Top man Sir Ron (as I call him), and wishing you good health and longevity and a successful outing with the boys during September/October, and SEE YOU AT THE AMSTERDAM & PARIS 1 & 2 shows !!

I second all those sentiments. And let's not forget to add just how excellent Ronnie's new book is!

Date: August 17, 2017 14:59

xxx
That was a great event at Selfridges, worth all the travelling.

I have managed to pick-up a few extra signed copies of Ronnie´s wonderful art book. Email your offers at xxx if interested.

£25 thumbs up

Don't think it will go down to well on here trying to flog copies at inflated prices.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-21 21:20 by bv.

Date: August 17, 2017 15:01

Offers? Unless you mean cost price plus postage, that question belongs on somewhere like ebay, not here.

Date: August 17, 2017 17:48

xxx

I have managed to pick-up a few extra signed copies of Ronnie´s wonderful art book. Email your offers at xxx if interested....

I was there I got one copy which I gave to someone as a gift and I would not want one myself unless I had another opportunity to get it signed in person as it's a nice memory to have.
You are of course free to do what you want with yours but trying to sell them on here I don't think will go down very well.

Nate

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-21 21:23 by bv.

Date: August 17, 2017 18:55

There's also an "Art Edition" of this book available on Genesis Publications.

RONNIE WOOD: ARTIST
The Art Edition

- Choice of 3 editions (Mick, Keith or Ronnie and Charlie framed prints)
- Each limited to 250 copies
- Signed leather-bound book
- Framed artwork
- Signed by Ronnie Wood
- Framed size: 20" x 22½"
- Float mount, UV glaze
- Delivery worldwide

£695 (includes framing)

[www.genesis-publications.com]

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: August 18, 2017 21:48

grzegorz67

Yes, he came over really well and looked a picture of health. For a man with his history who has only recently given up smoking it's incredible.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: August 19, 2017 10:13

xxx

I have managed to pick-up a few extra signed copies of Ronnie´s wonderful art book. Email your offers xxx if interested.
[/quote]

Isn't that what the BUY/SELL/TRADE Forum on this site is for?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-21 21:24 by bv.

Date: August 19, 2017 14:52

<<Isn't that what the BUY/SELL/TRADE Forum on this site is for?>>

I think the point being made is not about the attempt to sell something as such but the attempt to sell something at an inflated price. The unwritten rule around here is that fans shouldn't be looking to make a profit out of fellow fans.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: August 19, 2017 20:36

I guess this is the place to post this interview from the Guardian

Ronnie Wood and I meet a little prior to our interview at a central London hotel, bumping into each other in the lift. “Have I met you before?” he instantly asks. (No; though maybe, after all the years of rock’n’roll hedonism as a guitarist with the Rolling Stones, Wood has to play it safe and ask everybody.) Now 70, he became a new father again last year when his wife, Sally Humphreys (they married in 2012), gave birth to twin girls; he has four other children from previous marriages, and six grandchildren. His signature rock’n’roll look (spiky hair; spiky face), bears no signs of his health crisis earlier this year when he was diagnosed with lung cancer and underwent surgery to remove affected tissue.

Settling down to chat, he is friendly, good-humoured, and sometimes a little distracted, fetching himself cola (his “remaining vice”). An artist as well as a musician (he trained at Ealing College of Art), Wood occasionally reaches over to leaf through his new book, a retrospective of his life’s artworks, Ronnie Wood: Artist, showing me different drawings and paintings.

Advertisement

Are you proud of the book?
Oh yeah! I’ve wanted to do this for at least 50 of my 70 years, but it got more intense for the last 30. There’s that lovely French phrase for a collection of an artist’s work, catalogue raisonné. For me, the book is like that.

Is your art a kind of “sanity project” – something that’s just about you, apart from the Stones?
Art is just something that I’ve always done – a great consoling thing, and something I do on my own. I’ve got the musical group effort and then I’ve got this, my own private comment on daily events. Rarely a day goes by without me doing a painting or a drawing.

Your parents were bargees [people who lived and worked on the rivers and canals] – and became the first in their families to live on dry land...
You can trace a lot of the Woods, and the Dyers, my mum’s maiden name, back to the 18th century – on the waters, carrying timber or salt. Maybe there’s a link to the Spaniards – why else have I got black hair at 70?

You’ve dedicated the book to your late parents and late brothers…
I thanked Mum and Dad for their patience and encouragement. It was only a little council house but they let us have the back room as a creative room. And my brothers were very encouraging – they were 10 years older, artists and musicians too. They made it such a natural thing to be sitting around, drawing and playing. They’d bring back their art school friends – all the girls! I’d be there, in short pants and grey flannels, thinking: “That looks like a good job. Lots of perks on the side, and you can paint too!”

I’ve had exhibitions, in museums and galleries, but nothing permanent – this book is my 'permanent exhibition'
Some people think that you only draw and paint the Stones, and other famous people you know – but the art in the book is very varied…
That may be from when I first tried to make my comeback in the art scene. When I was running out of money, in the late 80s, I realised, I do have another resource that I can tap – I can paint. Let me try to get my foot in that door. So I did portraits, a lot of portraits – some of them are in this book. But you’re also having a great time doing it. Otherwise it wouldn’t be rewarding, and it has to be rewarding.

Advertisement

Keith Richards writes the “outro” to your book, calling you a “Picassartist” – are the Stones supportive of your art?
Yes, but it wasn’t always that way. Keith and Charlie [Watts] are artists in their own right. Charlie used to be critical of me, saying “You’ve overworked that, you had that, and now you’ve done too much”, and never a truer word was said in jest. Keith would always say that there’s a lot in what you don’t say, in the spaces you leave – both when you’re playing, and with pen and canvas. So, yes, I find that you’re always learning, musically and artistically.

Do you still feel like the “new kid” in the Stones?
It’s only 40-odd years! I did my apprenticeship, 17 years, before I got a raise, before I even thought about money. I was like, “Do you think I should get a bit more?” and they were like “Yeah, well, we thought you’d never ask – those who don’t ask, don’t want, mate.”

Read more
Maybe you were “sidetracked” – for years, you and Keith Richards were bywords for rock’n’roll excess…
Oh yeah – 10 years went by like that! It was like, “Wh-aaat?”… It’s always good with Keith, great fun. We have that standing argument – which one is the better guitar player? We have to call Eric Clapton and he says, “Neither of you are. I’m better than both of you.” We all still get together [Clapton and the Stones]and every time we meet up it’s like no time has gone by and yet there are so many stories to fill in, so many adventures.

I just fought the cancer, that’s my latest adventure. I smoked heavily for 50 years, and I thought, there’s got to be some price to pay. I hadn’t had a chest x-ray for 16 years, and when I did, sure enough, there was a big shadow there on my lung, a supernova. I thought “@#$%& hell!”

I definitely went in there with a positive attitude. I thought, right, I’ve got cancer, let’s get it out. They went down my drainpipe, hosepipe … what do they call it? Windpipe! There were all these tubes coming out of me. I felt like a puppet, I was all wired up like a marionette.

Ronnie Wood in 1976
Facebook Twitter Pinterest
Ronnie Wood in 1976, the year after he joined the Rolling Stones. Photograph: Gijsbert Hanekroot/Redferns
It must have made you feel very human and vulnerable?
Yes, though the doctors were really surprised – because I came out the next week and I was back in the studio. You’re not supposed to get better that quickly. A lot of it was celebration in the fact that I was still alive, that it hadn’t spread. There was so much gratitude in the air.

Advertisement

So many artists died in 2016, including David Bowie…
It especially affected me with Bowie because we were the same age – both 1947 models. David and I, we never saw a lot of each other, but when we did, we had a lot in common. With the cancer, he pulled the short straw. I knew he had a stroke as well. Since he hadn’t been doing concerts or public appearances, I knew something fishy was going on with his health. I knew something was up. I was lucky, I got the long straw with the cancer.

As you get older, are you starting to think about legacy – what you’ll leave behind?
With these little twin girls in my life, it just really makes you want to be around longer to watch them grow. Having that second chance, it’s made me even more grateful to enjoy the twins, enjoy the kids I already have, enjoy Sally, enjoy going back on the road, all of it.

Does it sometimes freak you out - that you’re a grandfather, and also the father of very young children?
It’s just how my life has gone. I can’t wait to take them on tour. They’ve already done the Toronto film festival, and the Desert Trip [music festival] in California. They’ve been to Boston, New York, the Albert Hall with Paul Weller… They love people!

You’ve included drawings of Sally in the book, referring to her as your “muse”. Do you respect women?
Oh yeah! My mum always said that I was never happier than when I was in girls’ company – and I really am, I really get inspired.

How do you feel about feminism – not least as a father of daughters?
Oh, I don’t know. I feel that they tell me how they feel. Leah certainly does, in no uncertain terms, bless her. Now, it’s usually to tell me about things to help me – medicine, herbal cures. So do [my sons] Jesse and Tyrone. The recent scare brought out a very caring side – their natural protectiveness came out.

You’ve survived cancer. Looking back, with the Stones, all the drugs and craziness, was there ever a point when you thought that you wouldn’t survive all that?
Both with the drugs and the drink, luckily I had a cut-out point that would rescue me. In the midst of the oblivion, I’d suddenly think something like, “One more of those pills, and it’s all going to be over.” You’re watching people around you, taking them like sweets, all “Wahey!”, and I’d be thinking: “Don’t do that.” You had to be continually on your guard.

Sally, 2016, Wood’s portrait of his pregnant wife
Sally, 2016, Wood’s portrait of his pregnant wife. Photograph: Courtesy Ronnie Wood / Thames & Hudson
If you could do it all again, would you live your life exactly the same?
I was going to say, “Without the smoking”… but when I was growing up, everyone smoked!

Advertisement

Smoking was the hardest thing to give up – harder than the class As?
Smoking would definitely have been the hardest thing to give up. Good old Champix [stop smoking pills] helped. Without the Champix, I don’t think I could have given up for more than a few weeks at a time. The old feeling would have come back, the old excuses – “Oh sod it, I enjoy it!” And I really did enjoy it.

Has luck played a part in your music career?
I’ve definitely been in the right place at the right time, with a little bit of manipulation on my part, just kind of pushing everybody out of the way and getting in. There was also a lot of work. Even as a teenager, I’d be up into the small hours, practising, getting a little lick on my guitar, figuring out how it went together. You make it look like you stumbled on a sound, but a lot of work has gone into it.

What would you find easier to give up – the playing or the art?
That’s a difficult question. But I could give up the playing. I could always pick up the guitar at home [between tours], though I often don’t even do that. Me and Keith, we both realised, at rehearsals, “I don’t think I’ve picked up a guitar since I last saw you.”

Do you wish that more attention had been paid to your art over the years?
No, I’m known as a musician, and people can only take in so much. But, as I say, I’ve done the two things my whole life so it would be nice to be recognised for both of them. I’ve had exhibitions, but nothing permanent – this book is my “permanent exhibition” now. It’s going to be great to see it up there on the shelf, and for me to say, “I’m an artist.”

Date: August 19, 2017 21:22

Nice interview, peoplewitheyes. Thanks for sharing! thumbs up

Date: August 19, 2017 22:29

Yes, Ronnie is an interesting chap, and articulate. Reading this one, and a fairly-recent Pete Townshend one, I remembered why I have stayed away from Keith interviews in the last decade or so. I never really heard anything beyond the hoary old sound bites.

Ronnie speaks with an open clarity that makes it a joy to read.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: August 19, 2017 22:38

Thanks.great read.what a lovely man Ronnie is.
Jeroen

Date: August 19, 2017 22:46

Great read

Thanks

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: August 19, 2017 23:14

peoplewitheyes
I guess this is the place to post this interview from the Guardian

Ronnie Wood and I meet a little prior to our interview at a central London hotel, bumping into each other in the lift. “Have I met you before?” he instantly asks. (No; though maybe, after all the years of rock’n’roll hedonism as a guitarist with the Rolling Stones, Wood has to play it safe and ask everybody.) Now 70, he became a new father again last year when his wife, Sally Humphreys (they married in 2012), gave birth to twin girls; he has four other children from previous marriages, and six grandchildren. His signature rock’n’roll look (spiky hair; spiky face), bears no signs of his health crisis earlier this year when he was diagnosed with lung cancer and underwent surgery to remove affected tissue.

Settling down to chat, he is friendly, good-humoured, and sometimes a little distracted, fetching himself cola (his “remaining vice”). An artist as well as a musician (he trained at Ealing College of Art), Wood occasionally reaches over to leaf through his new book, a retrospective of his life’s artworks, Ronnie Wood: Artist, showing me different drawings and paintings.

Advertisement

Are you proud of the book?
Oh yeah! I’ve wanted to do this for at least 50 of my 70 years, but it got more intense for the last 30. There’s that lovely French phrase for a collection of an artist’s work, catalogue raisonné. For me, the book is like that.

Is your art a kind of “sanity project” – something that’s just about you, apart from the Stones?
Art is just something that I’ve always done – a great consoling thing, and something I do on my own. I’ve got the musical group effort and then I’ve got this, my own private comment on daily events. Rarely a day goes by without me doing a painting or a drawing.

Your parents were bargees [people who lived and worked on the rivers and canals] – and became the first in their families to live on dry land...
You can trace a lot of the Woods, and the Dyers, my mum’s maiden name, back to the 18th century – on the waters, carrying timber or salt. Maybe there’s a link to the Spaniards – why else have I got black hair at 70?

You’ve dedicated the book to your late parents and late brothers…
I thanked Mum and Dad for their patience and encouragement. It was only a little council house but they let us have the back room as a creative room. And my brothers were very encouraging – they were 10 years older, artists and musicians too. They made it such a natural thing to be sitting around, drawing and playing. They’d bring back their art school friends – all the girls! I’d be there, in short pants and grey flannels, thinking: “That looks like a good job. Lots of perks on the side, and you can paint too!”

I’ve had exhibitions, in museums and galleries, but nothing permanent – this book is my 'permanent exhibition'
Some people think that you only draw and paint the Stones, and other famous people you know – but the art in the book is very varied…
That may be from when I first tried to make my comeback in the art scene. When I was running out of money, in the late 80s, I realised, I do have another resource that I can tap – I can paint. Let me try to get my foot in that door. So I did portraits, a lot of portraits – some of them are in this book. But you’re also having a great time doing it. Otherwise it wouldn’t be rewarding, and it has to be rewarding.

Advertisement

Keith Richards writes the “outro” to your book, calling you a “Picassartist” – are the Stones supportive of your art?
Yes, but it wasn’t always that way. Keith and Charlie [Watts] are artists in their own right. Charlie used to be critical of me, saying “You’ve overworked that, you had that, and now you’ve done too much”, and never a truer word was said in jest. Keith would always say that there’s a lot in what you don’t say, in the spaces you leave – both when you’re playing, and with pen and canvas. So, yes, I find that you’re always learning, musically and artistically.

Do you still feel like the “new kid” in the Stones?
It’s only 40-odd years! I did my apprenticeship, 17 years, before I got a raise, before I even thought about money. I was like, “Do you think I should get a bit more?” and they were like “Yeah, well, we thought you’d never ask – those who don’t ask, don’t want, mate.”

Read more
Maybe you were “sidetracked” – for years, you and Keith Richards were bywords for rock’n’roll excess…
Oh yeah – 10 years went by like that! It was like, “Wh-aaat?”… It’s always good with Keith, great fun. We have that standing argument – which one is the better guitar player? We have to call Eric Clapton and he says, “Neither of you are. I’m better than both of you.” We all still get together [Clapton and the Stones]and every time we meet up it’s like no time has gone by and yet there are so many stories to fill in, so many adventures.

I just fought the cancer, that’s my latest adventure. I smoked heavily for 50 years, and I thought, there’s got to be some price to pay. I hadn’t had a chest x-ray for 16 years, and when I did, sure enough, there was a big shadow there on my lung, a supernova. I thought “@#$%& hell!”

I definitely went in there with a positive attitude. I thought, right, I’ve got cancer, let’s get it out. They went down my drainpipe, hosepipe … what do they call it? Windpipe! There were all these tubes coming out of me. I felt like a puppet, I was all wired up like a marionette.

Ronnie Wood in 1976
Ronnie Wood in 1976, the year after he joined the Rolling Stones. Photograph: Gijsbert Hanekroot/Redferns
It must have made you feel very human and vulnerable?
Yes, though the doctors were really surprised – because I came out the next week and I was back in the studio. You’re not supposed to get better that quickly. A lot of it was celebration in the fact that I was still alive, that it hadn’t spread. There was so much gratitude in the air.

Advertisement

So many artists died in 2016, including David Bowie…
It especially affected me with Bowie because we were the same age – both 1947 models. David and I, we never saw a lot of each other, but when we did, we had a lot in common. With the cancer, he pulled the short straw. I knew he had a stroke as well. Since he hadn’t been doing concerts or public appearances, I knew something fishy was going on with his health. I knew something was up. I was lucky, I got the long straw with the cancer.

As you get older, are you starting to think about legacy – what you’ll leave behind?
With these little twin girls in my life, it just really makes you want to be around longer to watch them grow. Having that second chance, it’s made me even more grateful to enjoy the twins, enjoy the kids I already have, enjoy Sally, enjoy going back on the road, all of it.

Does it sometimes freak you out - that you’re a grandfather, and also the father of very young children?
It’s just how my life has gone. I can’t wait to take them on tour. They’ve already done the Toronto film festival, and the Desert Trip [music festival] in California. They’ve been to Boston, New York, the Albert Hall with Paul Weller… They love people!

You’ve included drawings of Sally in the book, referring to her as your “muse”. Do you respect women?
Oh yeah! My mum always said that I was never happier than when I was in girls’ company – and I really am, I really get inspired.

How do you feel about feminism – not least as a father of daughters?
Oh, I don’t know. I feel that they tell me how they feel. Leah certainly does, in no uncertain terms, bless her. Now, it’s usually to tell me about things to help me – medicine, herbal cures. So do [my sons] Jesse and Tyrone. The recent scare brought out a very caring side – their natural protectiveness came out.

You’ve survived cancer. Looking back, with the Stones, all the drugs and craziness, was there ever a point when you thought that you wouldn’t survive all that?
Both with the drugs and the drink, luckily I had a cut-out point that would rescue me. In the midst of the oblivion, I’d suddenly think something like, “One more of those pills, and it’s all going to be over.” You’re watching people around you, taking them like sweets, all “Wahey!”, and I’d be thinking: “Don’t do that.” You had to be continually on your guard.

Sally, 2016, Wood’s portrait of his pregnant wife
Sally, 2016, Wood’s portrait of his pregnant wife. Photograph: Courtesy Ronnie Wood / Thames & Hudson
If you could do it all again, would you live your life exactly the same?
I was going to say, “Without the smoking”… but when I was growing up, everyone smoked!

Advertisement

Smoking was the hardest thing to give up – harder than the class As?
Smoking would definitely have been the hardest thing to give up. Good old Champix [stop smoking pills] helped. Without the Champix, I don’t think I could have given up for more than a few weeks at a time. The old feeling would have come back, the old excuses – “Oh sod it, I enjoy it!” And I really did enjoy it.

Has luck played a part in your music career?
I’ve definitely been in the right place at the right time, with a little bit of manipulation on my part, just kind of pushing everybody out of the way and getting in. There was also a lot of work. Even as a teenager, I’d be up into the small hours, practising, getting a little lick on my guitar, figuring out how it went together. You make it look like you stumbled on a sound, but a lot of work has gone into it.

What would you find easier to give up – the playing or the art?
That’s a difficult question. But I could give up the playing. I could always pick up the guitar at home [between tours], though I often don’t even do that. Me and Keith, we both realised, at rehearsals, “I don’t think I’ve picked up a guitar since I last saw you.”

Do you wish that more attention had been paid to your art over the years?
No, I’m known as a musician, and people can only take in so much. But, as I say, I’ve done the two things my whole life so it would be nice to be recognised for both of them. I’ve had exhibitions, but nothing permanent – this book is my “permanent exhibition” now. It’s going to be great to see it up there on the shelf, and for me to say, “I’m an artist.”

Nice about the old ones getting together - Stones, Clapton etc.... When they are not here anymore, it will be a big missing musically - they are the basic. Maybe not selling the biggest amount of records, but they still define music and who is going to do so in the future!!!!!

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: August 19, 2017 23:22

Am suprised Keith is contributing to the book, given he is supposed to be pretty dismissive about Ronnie's abilities as an artist.

Date: August 20, 2017 00:51

hey mtaylor, was there any need to quote the whole interview? confused smiley

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: August 21, 2017 05:28

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-21 06:10 by schillid.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: August 21, 2017 06:17

RW is really a gift to the Stones and us fans...he literally saved this band in the 70's and somehow survived the next 30 years of drugs and has come out the other side still sounding great....his work on Blue and Lonesome was exquisite.....and his guitar work on Micks 2 singles are also very good...good for RW!!!

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1960
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home