Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Amy Winehouse guesting on Ain't Too Proud To Beg live in 2007
Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: July 23, 2017 03:07

video: [youtu.be]

drinking smiley

Watched a docu on Belgian TV tonight about the tragic life of Amy Winehouse who died july 23, 2011, six years ago.

Made me think of her guestspot with THE STONES at the ISLE OF WITHE FESTIVAL in 2007

Not as bad as I thought after all these years. The first verse she sings is good and her act during it is a surprise to Mick. I like it. The rest of the song Mick has to direct her to the end...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-23 13:16 by RipThisBone.

Re: Amy Winehouse guesting on Ain't Too Proud To Beg live in 2007
Posted by: 35love ()
Date: July 23, 2017 04:29

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: July 23, 2017 18:07

she wasnt really my cup of tea, but a sad tragic waste of a life, why did so many rock stars think it cool to dabble with early death.

its not worth the risk

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: July 23, 2017 23:59

buttons67
she wasnt really my cup of tea, but a sad tragic waste of a life, why did so many rock stars think it cool to dabble with early death.

its not worth the risk

Agreed. Sometimes it's by overindulgence and self abuse and in too many cases, it's actual suicide with the bodies continuing to pile up - Chris Cornell and Chester Bennington recently joining them. A tragic waste of life and talent. It's a dangerous occupation for sure and seems to attract a lot of unstable personalities who attract the wrong type of people around them.

Maximum respect to those who've managed to resist the worst excesses and steer a path round them all. It must be so hard to resist all the temptations. It's something of a miracle that the Stones are amongst the survivors and thank goodness they are.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 24, 2017 00:10

Loved her.
Tragic loss like so many others..

Thanks for posting.
Fun to watch Mick have to really work to keep the performance on track.
Damn, he's good.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: July 24, 2017 00:17

Can never separate it fully from the tragedies and ongoing sadness with her; the debacles royale, in which this would be a at most a mellow trainwreck tragedy comparatively.
Except for the fact that she is so naturally brilliant; even here; it does, to me, NOT matter if she slurs the words; fine w that. or extends them into outer space just like the soul singer she really is....

...u know at first back then I thought, how sad; and fans seemed to pile on her as being the worse guest ever w them and so on....and i sort of way bought into that also for awhile...i don't feel that way now; and haven't for quite awhile...

...because she's beautifully perfectly Amy in a way to me; it's juiced up and sloopy she been kicin the stall all night...and put away wet more than once, or thrice...i love her what can I say? Her gift is enormous and amazing; she's a natural soul singer on a much deeper level of both sophistication, and bawdiness, that for me eleveates her way way over Janis; as great as that husky-voiced, bluesy, funky, joyuous, plaintive, beautiful soul was...

i like it; what can i say; she's 'there' enough; she's full of soul; she's riffing the whole time; her moves are precious and connected to the beat; little wasted waify flower falling to her knees, heaving and throbbing at Mick's knees. please baby baby i ain't too proud to beg on my knees baby baby; growling snarling begging pleading; she does fine. She's great. Imo easily wipes away almost countless guests of no consequence, no actual real soul or deep funk; there are a few precious favorites; i almost enjoy the novelty of it; so not slagging everybody else or anything. but this is prettyh sensational talent; a unique one; absolutely so...

....i LOVE HER, rest in peace anegel. Thank you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-24 07:49 by hopkins.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: July 24, 2017 00:19

thumbs up

Maximum respect to those who've managed to resist the worst excesses and steer a path round them all. It must be so hard to resist all the temptations. It's something of a miracle that the Stones are amongst the survivors and thank goodness they are.

Great words grzegorz67.

They wrote a song about it...........................................

video: [youtu.be] SOUL SURVIVOR

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 24, 2017 07:42

Here she is the day before her guest spot with the Stones - in much better form.

video: [youtu.be]

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: July 24, 2017 07:51

Brilliant! Thanks Green Lady

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: July 24, 2017 10:17

She was obviously very nervous to share the stage with the Stones.

This duet with Tony Benett went much better and shows how good could be Amy Whinehouse:
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: July 24, 2017 13:07

I wonder if this is the same performance that I have seen before with the exception being previously she seemed to be writhing around at Micks feet much longer ? This is like a very cleaned up version .

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1883
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home