Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Emotional stories/experiences with Stones music
Posted by: MichaelLassen ()
Date: July 22, 2017 17:30

I just had a real emotional moment with some good old Stones music that I felt like sharing and maybe hear other stories from you guys.

I used to listen to the b-side of tatoo you every night falling asleep while going to high school/collage from 17-19 year old-ish. And so it's so ingrained in listeing to those songs in a time of turmoil, confusion, frustration and yet somehow they also reminded me of hope and an exiting future since I associatied them to New York where I spend the most amazing week of my life just turning 17.

So now 26 years later, being 43 I sit in my new house in Cyprus next to the pool, overlooking the mediteranean sea and having a glass of chamgaone and decided to listen to those 5 songs again.

And wauw, what a trip. From back then with confusion, turmoil, frustration to being a time in my life with clarity, grattidue and appriciation. Talk about Stones being the soundtrack to your life!

I would love to hear any stories you have on emotional moments with their music!

I'm off to order tickets for Copenhagen and maybe 1-2 more! :-)

Re: Emotional stories/experiences with Stones music
Posted by: Librarian ()
Date: July 22, 2017 18:54

This thread reminds me of the difference between this forum and Bowie's. There's Bowie dream threads, Unexpected Bowie moments and Bowie inspired art thread etc.
There's also the Labyrinth Crotch thread, so there's some similarities,.

I will share that Stones music, and the fact they are my father's favorite band, is one of the few things I know about my father even though he never left the family.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-22 19:25 by Librarian.

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: July 22, 2017 21:38

not really an emotional moment but one that got me thinking.

my first stones album i bought in 1987 was love you live, as many of you know a lot of it was live in paris, i bought the tape in paisley in december 1987.

2 weeks ago me and my kids left disneyland paris, got the RER train from marne la vallee chessy to val d europe, where we went into the huge shopping centre there, for a mcdonalds, then after that went to a huge record shop where i found the stones cd and dvd of la forum, so i bought it,almost 30 years after my first tape, and in paris too. its like 30 years has gone so quickly i cant believe it.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 23, 2017 17:43

side two tattoo you on cd on repeat during hangovers at university.

very empathetic.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 23, 2017 18:28

I heard Wild Horses in a Starbucks about 10 years ago on a slow Sunday afternoon.
Not really emotional, but for some reason it has stuck in my mind.

Posted by: Starr ()
Date: July 23, 2017 19:51

Emotional Rescue...

Star

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: July 24, 2017 01:34

Librarian
There's also the Labyrinth Crotch thread

eye popping smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1741
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home