Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: RIP Chester Bennington (of Linkin Park)
Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: July 20, 2017 21:59

Chester Benninton commits Suicide

I saw him with Linkin Park in concert in 2011.

My favorite Linkin Park song is 'Bleed It Out'

RIP Chester Bennington.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-20 22:01 by Ladykiller.

Re: OT: RIP Chester Bennington (of Linkin Park)
Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: July 20, 2017 22:05

Just saw that...very sad. RIP.

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: July 20, 2017 22:25

R.I.P. Chester
Saw him 3 weeks ago at Rock Werchter festival ...
Here you can watch the concert from Rock Werchter: [youtu.be]

Posted by: snorton ()
Date: July 20, 2017 22:37

Didn't he sing at Chris Cornell's funeral?
TMZ is reporting Chester also hung himself.

Date: July 20, 2017 23:47

snorton
Apparently. He was dealing with a lot of demons himself...it seemed as if he had found some peace recently but no one truly ever knows when it comes to celebrities.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 21, 2017 01:28

Very sad...only 41 years old...

RIP

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: July 21, 2017 08:13

RIP. I've heard of Linken Park but don't know any of their music. The TMZ report said today was Chris Cornell's birthday, too.

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: July 21, 2017 09:23

snorton

He did. He was also a close friend of Chris and godfather of his children. He commited suicide on what would have been Cornell's 53rd birthday.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 21, 2017 11:36

"it seemed as if he had found some peace recently"

In our over-medicated Western world that too often means : "his doc had found the right balance of meds". And it takes one or two extra pills to throw a person over the edge... (I'm sure this is what happened to Chris Cornell).

"He commited suicide on what would have been Cornell's 53rd birthday"
Sad... CB was a father of six.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 21, 2017 21:09

A very nice gesture from FC Bayern München: [fcbayern.com]

Posted by: BamaStone ()
Date: July 21, 2017 23:30

Is this just the norm now all these alternative 90's rockers killing themselves.... I'm sure a lot of our past Rock hero's who have passed recently wouldn't traded their failing health for these guys health who are killing themselves in their prime....

Posted by: Boognish ()
Date: July 22, 2017 00:50

BamaStone
Is this just the norm now all these alternative 90's rockers killing themselves....
Count how many alternative 90's rockers there are and how many have killed themselves and you'll see that no, it's not the norm.

Posted by: BamaStone ()
Date: July 22, 2017 20:40

Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, Scott Weiland, Chris Cornell, Chester Bennington, a pretty prominent group I would say from that era...

Date: July 22, 2017 21:01

BamaStone
Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, Scott Weiland, Chris Cornell, Chester Bennington, a pretty prominent group I would say from that era...

And the singer from Blind Melon...Shannon Hoon...(had to look up his name).

Date: July 22, 2017 21:04

BamaStone
Staley and Weiland didn't commit suicide, and Bennington is not even close to being in the same genre...Linkin Park is in the nu-metal genre from the late '90s/early '00s.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 22, 2017 21:40

keefriff99

Staley and Weiland didn't commit suicide

Staley did. He slowly killed himself thru drug intake and starvation. When he died this 6-foot tall man was weighting like 85 pounds... sad smiley

Date: July 22, 2017 22:02

dcba
keefriff99

Staley did. He slowly killed himself thru drug intake and starvation. When he died this 6-foot tall man was weighting like 85 pounds... sad smiley
Oh, I know...I just re-read the description of his body before I posted. The coroner ruled it accidental though.

There's a big distinction between explicitly committing suicide and dying from an overdose. Even in Staley's case, it wasn't technically a suicide.

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: July 22, 2017 23:17

dcba
keefriff99

As Kurt Vonnegut once said: "Cigarettes are a classy way to commit suicide", but it doesn't mean that every smoker is suicidal. Same with Staley. He was a drug addict but he didn't commit suicide.

Date: July 23, 2017 01:28

keefriff99
dcba
keefriff99

Oh, I know...I just re-read the description of his body before I posted. The coroner ruled it accidental though.

There's a big distinction between explicitly committing suicide and dying from an overdose. Even in Staley's case, it wasn't technically a suicide.

True, but BamaStone didn't use the term "suicide"...he said "killing themselves".

You can argue that it wasn't intentional, but some of those heroin overdose victims were certainly flirting with the grim reaper.

Date: July 23, 2017 09:21

Hairball
keefriff99
dcba
keefriff99

True, but BamaStone didn't use the term "suicide"...he said "killing themselves".

You can argue that it wasn't intentional, but some of those heroin overdose victims were certainly flirting with the grim reaper.
Good point...playing with opiates is certainly flirting with killing yourself.

Posted by: Toxic34 ()
Date: July 26, 2017 19:48

I was not a fan of Linkin Park, but I had the utmost respect for their art, their passion and their work. I was fully supportive of when Chester did his stint with Stone Temple Pilots, and was looking forward to a full album. In many ways, given that he left STP because Mike Shinoda wanted to do studio time, but that really didn't happen, and he wanted to focus on his family, I wish that Chester had known that Shinoda would drag his feet, and just committed to finishing the STP record.

To think, STP has lost both vocalists that it had so far, Linkin Park has lost its main driving force, and six kids are left without a father. And it happened on what would've been Chris Cornell's birthday. It truly is a sad day.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1714
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home