Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Live At The Tokyo Dome 1990 CD's
Posted by: SFTD ()
Date: July 16, 2017 18:41

As I'm sure most of you members are aware, the left and right channels were reversed on the official CD's for the LIVE AT TOKYO DOME 1990 release.

I know there was some attempts at getting replacement CDs from the supplier but not everybody was successful.

My question is whether a new batch was ever issued to the stores, correcting the problem of reversed channels.

Please advise accordingly.

SFTD

Re: Live At The Tokyo Dome 1990 CD's
Posted by: 35love ()
Date: July 17, 2017 02:00

SFTD
As I'm sure most of you members are aware, the left and right channels were reversed on the official CD's for the LIVE AT TOKYO DOME 1990 release.

I know there was some attempts at getting replacement CDs from the supplier but not everybody was successful.

My question is whether a new batch was ever issued to the stores, correcting the problem of reversed channels.

Please advise accordingly.

SFTD

Sorry, I can't help, but RS official should officially offer this thru iTunes AUTO-ONLY. Download no visual, no space taking, comprende? For us non-flac willing to pay a little officially.
Thank you.

SFTD: maybe just your 1 there is defective (that's what you're wondering, or others confirmed whole batch?)
Could try to return and ask for brand new cellophaned replacement.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: July 17, 2017 02:19

35love
The 1st pressing run was defective. It was discussed here long ago. It came with channels swapped. I sent a message to Eagle Rock, they were aware about the issue, they asked for the proof of purchase (in my case - amazon quotation) and sent me discs for replacement.

To identify the original CD and the replacement one should check matrix numbers (string of numbers and letters printed around the hub on the play side).

With reversed channels:
Matrix CD1: EAGDV051 AF06429-01 manufactured by optimal media GmbH
Matrix CD2: EAGDV051 AF06430-01 manufactured by optimal media GmbH

Replacement CD's with corrected channels
Matrix CD1: manufactured by optimal media GmbH AF12086-01
Matrix CD2: manufactured by optimal media GmbH AF12088-01

I have no idea if there was a second pressing run for this album. Never saw it in the local record stores.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: July 17, 2017 18:50

Serious question: why does this matter?

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: July 17, 2017 19:05

Send It To me

Well Keith and Ronnie's parts would be coming out of the wrong speakers. I guess there's separation of other instruments too but that may be the most noticeable.

Date: July 17, 2017 19:55

kovach
Send It To me

Well Keith and Ronnie's parts would be coming out of the wrong speakers. I guess there's separation of other instruments too but that may be the most noticeable.

ok, why does THAT matter, lol

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: July 17, 2017 20:08

Send It To me
kovach
Send It To me

If you were watching a movie with sound (in a theater or a home) and the sound panned from side to side to match the action on-screen it would obviously make a difference if the channels were reversed...

Similarly, if it's a memory or mental picture, then I guess it could be annoying to some fans who like to place Ronnie and Keith on their respective sides ...

Date: July 17, 2017 20:15

Exactly. The whole thing doesn't sound right.

Date: July 20, 2017 01:36

ok, ordered it. have no idea of the left/right is actually right/left but it's a great disc. People run down the SW/UJ Stones for being too "vegas" but these arrangements are nice and the band is tight and swinging. Great tour.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 20, 2017 05:55

if the channels are reversed, would turning around while that disc was playing correct the issue?

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 20, 2017 05:58

treaclefingers
if the channels are reversed, would turning around while that disc was playing correct the issue?

If you play a record that way you'll hear satanic messages.

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: July 20, 2017 12:05

treaclefingers

Place the right speaker to the left and the left speaker to the right.
Hey presto!grinning smiley

Posted by: HenrikBB ()
Date: July 20, 2017 12:25

My copy seems to have the reversed channels . . .
Keith is playing to the left, -
and I agree, - it doesn´t sound "right" !

Matrix CD 1 : EVSDB30979EV 30736-9 2784496 (IFPILN08)
Matrix CD 2 : EVSBD30979EV 30736-9 2784507 (IFPILN08)

- I´m sure Ironbelly can tell where those came from ! -
I don´t remember from where I bought it.

Of course a lot of jokes can be made about the "importance" of
this Right / Left - thing, - but from a collectors point of view,
it is actually fun, - and strange that such a fault can be made
in a profesional production.

Date: July 20, 2017 12:41

I play the dvd in my cd-player. Then I get the right mix smiling smiley

If you don't have a compatible player, just play the dvd and turn off the TV when you want sound only.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-20 12:43 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: July 20, 2017 13:07

HenrikBB
You have the US pressing. IFPI LN08 and matrix string point to that.
The numbers I presented above correspond to the EU version. The Japanese version (see below) has reversed channels too.

DandelionPowderman
Funny thing is - DVD and BlueRay contain correct mix. The screw up is on the first CD run only.

Anyway, one can imagine he is sitting on Charlie's stool and listening to monitors winking smiley. Quite unusual experience winking smiley

Date: July 20, 2017 13:33

ironbelly
HenrikBB
The numbers I presented above correspond to the EU version. The Japanese version (see below) has reversed channels too.

DandelionPowderman
Funny thing is - DVD and BlueRay contain correct mix. The screw up is on the first CD run only.

Anyway, one can imagine he is sitting on Charlie's stool and listening to monitors winking smiley. Quite unusual experience winking smiley

The channels are reversed on the vinyl as well, unfortunately..

Posted by: HenrikBB ()
Date: July 20, 2017 13:43

ironbelly
HenrikBB

DandelionPowderman

Thanks a lot Ironbelly !
As always, - Great Infos !
- and suddenly a hole in my collection appears . . .
"Live At The Tokyo Dome" - correctly mixed . . . . tsk tsk smoking smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 21, 2017 04:24

Cristiano Radtke
treaclefingers

If you play a record that way you'll hear satanic messages.

their request?

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: July 24, 2017 23:33

Send It To me
kovach
Send It To me

Might not matter to everyone but ever since I first heard Ya Yas I expected the guitars to come out of the channels that represented where the guys stand on stage. Might be nitpicking but as a die hard fan, if Keith's guitar isn't coming from the right, it just feels wrong! smiling smiley

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1505
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home