Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 8 of 11
Re: (OT) Welcome to the Waterhole: The IORR Band / Fan Gathering in Amsterdam September 29
Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: September 29, 2017 22:52

Thanks Cristiano. smileys with beer

Re: Live stream of IORR band at Waterhole in Amsterdam
Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: September 29, 2017 22:52

stone4ever
DP just sat down for some reason while the band is playing, he must be ill

spinning smiley sticking its tongue outsmileys with beer

Re: (OT) Welcome to the Waterhole: The IORR Band / Fan Gathering in Amsterdam September 29
Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: September 29, 2017 23:22

CHEERS TO DPM AND THE IORR BAND!!! smileys with beer

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: September 30, 2017 00:08

Can't thank everyone enough. Just dropped off my bass and am on the way back. See you in 20!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: z ()
Date: September 30, 2017 00:21

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: September 30, 2017 00:34

Thank's for the pics Z

Love DP's keef shirt smileys with beer

Date: September 30, 2017 00:43

Too bad you couldn't make it, Riffs. The shidoobees outnumbered us ten to one.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: September 30, 2017 00:58

Fantastic effort. Well done again guys. I hope we'll see you all again in the UK next year. Anyone have a setlist?

My next fix of the Stones is in 3 weeks for the Paris 3. I previously thought 3 shows in a week might be a bit much. After a magnificent evening in Barcelona on Wednesday I'm having no such thoughts now.

All of you have a great time at the ArenA tomorrow night. For those with Premium standing tickets, I recommend the end of the catwalk. The front sides might be a good shout too.

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: September 30, 2017 01:11

z
Too bad you couldn't make it, Riffs. The shidoobees outnumbered us ten to one.

No way man confused smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-30 02:46 by stone4ever.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: September 30, 2017 03:02

stone4ever
Thank's for the pics Z

Love DP's keef shirt smileys with beer

He wore a different shirt for the first set, you might like it better. My tech is down, someone else will have to post it. Perhaps the subject himself? grinning smiley

Oooops, there it Is!

[iorr.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-30 03:12 by SomeTorontoGirl.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: September 30, 2017 03:31

Well I can tell Dandy is playing with an open tuning. The sax player looks awesome! Otherwise everyone is playing in a different key. Ha Just like the Stones, swerving on the track but gettin' to the station. Looking forward to some vids of this later on. Break 'em legs guys!

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: September 30, 2017 06:05

Thanks to everyone in the band for a great night the music was fantastic and everyone in the room looked like they were having a lot of fun.

Nate smileys with beerthumbs up

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: September 30, 2017 06:30

what I heard and watched sure was good

A very cool band - I played with them in London and am forever grateful and proud

I don't think too many bands do what the IORR band has done, bringing international experience together to play choice cuts of Stones tunes

It's a heartfelt musical experience. If you've seen the band you know what i mean

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: September 30, 2017 06:38

stone4ever
DP just sat down for some reason while the band is playing, he must be ill

That made me do a spit-take. Very, very funny, Stone4ever. Gratefully Bard is feeling as well as he plays. Let's hope the Stones have as great a show as The IORR Band tonight.

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: September 30, 2017 10:39

It was a great night.
I filmed Can't You Hear Me Knocking: [youtu.be]

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: September 30, 2017 10:49

spunky
It was a great night.

Yes , it was , we had a good time at the Waterhole , what a great band !

Mooi clippie winking smiley

Date: September 30, 2017 11:12

A great show, guys. You were all fantastic! Hats off.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: September 30, 2017 11:21

Wow...looks like a fun night!!

Posted by: Niek ()
Date: September 30, 2017 11:29

It was a great evening. Place was packed and very enthusiastic. Thank you so much!
I spoke to a lot of people from Shidoobee but almost no one from iorr.
Can someone please post the setlist.There was one song I didn't recognise and it was a beautiful one. Down in the hole? Or something like that.

(Always took candy from strangers)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-30 11:33 by Niek.

Date: September 30, 2017 11:41

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: September 30, 2017 11:58

DandelionPowderman

Wow! Some great choices there DP. Very well thought out. A handful of warhorses and all the rest deep cuts. Look forward to the videos.

Posted by: Harry ()
Date: September 30, 2017 12:35

Wow!!! That can't yout hear me knocking sure sounds GREAT!!!!

Posted by: Niek ()
Date: September 30, 2017 13:18

Never listen to emotional rescue so I didn't recognise down in the hole. I am giving the album another listening now. Beautiful song, as you played it.
Thanks for posting the setlist. See you this afternoon at the Arena!

(Always took candy from strangers)

Date: September 30, 2017 14:36

First of all, a million thanks to SomeTorontoGirl! She made and printed the setlists (the one posted here is a fake, btw) and took us by surprise with handing out guitar picks, tailor-made for the occasion!

You're not some Toronto girl, you're THE girl! The band are all forever grateful thumbs up

It was fantastic playing for the audience at the Waterhole. The Shidoobees may have outnumbered us, but so what? Everybody had a grrreat time.

Having a historic Stones amp on stage helped continuing the tradition of being "close to where it originally happened". Mathijs's Boogie sounded excellent, too smiling smiley

I'm writing this with the mother of all headaches. More later..

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: September 30, 2017 15:35

My pleasure Dandy, and a huge ovation for the whole IORR Band! Most fun I’ve had since London ‘07. Steinschlag, Erwin, you were so solid, Mathis you killed on CYHMK and everything else, mr_dja you hid in the back but we heard ya (and I hope you’re very very sorry this morning - you are bad!), Tele71 so nice to finally meet you and K, sorry to have lost track of you, and bandleader Dandy (who, I understand, got an extra £5 for the gig over your cut) brilliantly conceived and executed! Take another bow, all of y’all!

Oh - and fanks for wearing the Rockman t-shirt! He’s a hard guy to get one over on, but I think we did it.

I’m reliably informed that IORR Band #3 will be at Stones Place in Toronto?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-30 15:46 by SomeTorontoGirl.

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: September 30, 2017 16:24

spunky
It was a great night.

Wow! Great version!

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: September 30, 2017 19:25

What, you didn't give Keith a solo spot? Of course, this was a club show so that's not without precedent.

A very good performance from what I've seen. Congratulations. Well done, my friend.

There's one you didn't play.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 30, 2017 19:29

grzegorz67
DandelionPowderman

Wow! Some great choices there DP. Very well thought out. A handful of warhorses and all the rest deep cuts. Look forward to the videos.

Great choices indeed. Stellar setlist! smileys with beer

Date: September 30, 2017 19:46

Nice one Dandy, Looks like a great night, sorry I missed it!

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: September 30, 2017 20:05

The band sounded great - nice version of CYHMK - nice vocal delivery with high energy attitude and great guitar licks.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 8 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2076
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home