Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011Next
Current Page: 1 of 11
(OT) Welcome to the Waterhole: The IORR Band / Fan Gathering in Amsterdam September 29
Date: July 5, 2017 14:45

The day prior to the Stones-show we'll meet up and have fun again - this time in Amsterdam. The club is called The Waterhole.

More info later.

Re: (OT) Welcome to the Waterhole: The IORR Band / Fan Gathering in Amsterdam September 29
Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 5, 2017 15:26

Great, i will be there !! That day i will have returned from Lucca.
Jeroen

Re: (OT) Welcome to the Waterhole: The IORR Band / Fan Gathering in Amsterdam September 29
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: July 5, 2017 15:40

DandelionPowderman
The day prior to the Stones-show we'll meet up and have fun again - this time in Amsterdam. The club is called The Waterhole.

More info later.

Drat, only flying in on THE day of the Stones show ... I'll miss you guys this year !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: July 5, 2017 17:08

Fantastic news and thanks very much to everyone involved in setting this up.
I will arrive in Amsterdam Friday 29th afternoon.

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: July 5, 2017 17:24

Bjornulf, can you make it?

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: July 5, 2017 17:40

Great! See you there! spinning smiley sticking its tongue outsmileys with beer

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: July 5, 2017 19:55

paulywaul
DandelionPowderman

More info later.

Drat, only flying in on THE day of the Stones show ... I'll miss you guys this year !!

Same here!!!

Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: July 5, 2017 22:08

corriecas
Great, i will be there !! That day i will have returned from Lucca.
Jeroen

The Waterhole is only 20 minutes from Ziggo Dome ! smiling smiley

Date: July 5, 2017 22:11

The lineup this time:

Steinschlag: Vocals and keyboards
ErwinH: Drums
Mr_dja: Bass and backing vocals
Wild Slivovitz: Harmonica
Djgab: Mandolin
71Tele: Guitar
DandelionPowderman: Vocals and guitar

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: July 5, 2017 22:29

Regret to inform you that I will be unavailable to prepare the Setlist this time, as my computer will be in Toronto and my ass will be at the Waterhole! grinning smiley

Excellent bonus for the trip - thanks gents!

Date: July 5, 2017 22:32

SomeTorontoGirl
Regret to inform you that I will be unavailable to prepare the Setlist this time, as my computer will be in Toronto and my ass will be at the Waterhole! grinning smiley

Excellent bonus for the trip - thanks gents!

Yay! smileys with beer

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: July 5, 2017 23:25

Also not arriving until morning of the show - can't wait!

Posted by: angee ()
Date: July 6, 2017 02:43

What time do you fancy having this little shindig?
...there's another function, paid in advance, down at the canal...

Would love to be there, with my Dutch friend. She's not ever seen the RS.
Thanks for planning it, DPman.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: René ()
Date: July 6, 2017 08:16

Great! See you there!

René

Date: July 6, 2017 10:21

Is there any video/audio from the IORR Band?

Date: July 6, 2017 10:24

spunky
Is there any video/audio from the IORR Band?

Plenty, look on the Welcome to the Breakfast Show thread ...........

Date: July 6, 2017 10:26

As in ........ here

[iorr.org]

Date: July 6, 2017 11:27

Thanx, the video's sound great.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: July 6, 2017 14:09

I'm at the Barcelona gig on 27th and booked to fly home from Madrid on 1st. Hmmmmmm! As someone who was at the revelation that was the debut gig of the IORR Band, this might be hard to resist smiling bouncing smiley

I may have to book a flight from Barca to Amsterdam and another from A'dam to Bristol... Oh,and a ticket for some other band that are in town that weekend at the Amsterdam ArenA, dodgy acoustics and all. Soo tempted....

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: July 6, 2017 20:38

Gonna take the early choo-choo from Germany for this gem. I can work the ceiling lights - you know the person that turns off the lights before the show and then back on afterwards.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: July 7, 2017 02:36

Oh noooooo - I also won't be in Amsterdam till 30th. Am gutted to be missing this after having been lucky enough to catch the IORR band's debut in London. All those attending are guaranteed a great night - enjoy!

Date: July 7, 2017 10:46

Beast
Oh noooooo - I also won't be in Amsterdam till 30th. Am gutted to be missing this after having been lucky enough to catch the IORR band's debut in London. All those attending are guaranteed a great night - enjoy!

It's no good, they'll have to reschedule ! How about the following day ... the 30th ?

O wait ... there's another band playing somewhere else in town ? F**k !!

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: July 7, 2017 12:48

DandelionPowderman
The lineup this time:

If you need another guitarist I can help out.

Mathijs

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: July 7, 2017 13:22

Mathijs
DandelionPowderman
The lineup this time:

Mathijs

If you gain enough weight, you would be perfect for a recreation of the "Mick Taylor Guest Spot"

C

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: July 7, 2017 21:51

Looking forward to this! Figuring out which guitar to bring.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: July 7, 2017 22:02

71Tele

I'm glad I don't have to worry about that issue... Although I could logically consider bringing my home-modified fretless, the Jazz outranks all the others and will be making the trip with me.

My excitement level ratcheted up a notch today when I spent part of my lunch hour at the post office completing the paperwork and paying the fees for my passport to be renewed!

This is gonna be so much fun! Although I have no desire for summer to speed up or end, I must say that, for the first time, possibly ever, I'm really looking forward to September!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: July 7, 2017 22:10

Hey guys...

I just booked a room, 5 minutes walking from the Waterhole.
Nothing can go wrong anymore :-)

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: July 7, 2017 22:48

liddas
Mathijs
DandelionPowderman
The lineup this time:

Mathijs

If you gain enough weight, you would be perfect for a recreation of the "Mick Taylor Guest Spot"

C

If I'm not mistaken Mathijs is the former guitar player of Flip The Switch, a Dutch cover band and he played the Mick Taylor part (and Ronnie and Brian) But i think he is most in Mick Taylor. I thought he did it very well.

Date: July 8, 2017 01:16

mr_dja
71Tele

I'm glad I don't have to worry about that issue... Although I could logically consider bringing my home-modified fretless, the Jazz outranks all the others and will be making the trip with me.

My excitement level ratcheted up a notch today when I spent part of my lunch hour at the post office completing the paperwork and paying the fees for my passport to be renewed!

This is gonna be so much fun! Although I have no desire for summer to speed up or end, I must say that, for the first time, possibly ever, I'm really looking forward to September!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Looking forward to playing with you, Sir. Think I'll bring the, wait for it, 1971 Telecaster.

Date: July 8, 2017 01:17

mr_dja
71Tele

Peace,
Mr DJA

I have a Vox Wyman Bass if you need it!

Goto Page: 1234567891011Next
Current Page: 1 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1726
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home