Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627...LastNext
Current Page: 22 of 61
Re: Mick interview, talkshow about his single and Stones recording!
Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: July 28, 2017 09:20

Hopes for studio afflatus at those Stones sessions. Funny Mick at this point can still get “cringed out” in a room with friends when someone impersonates him on TV, enough that he escaped to the kitchen for another drink.

Posted by: kitoise ()
Date: July 28, 2017 11:13

Is it possible to have this interview via wetransfer please?
Thanks in advance!

Posted by: snarf2014 ()
Date: July 28, 2017 11:36

Mick said that the band had 3/4 sessions, not just with Keith and Don Was, that they are still working on it

Gotta Get a Grip is out right now!
Date: July 28, 2017 01:22

Sitting here minding my own business, and I get an email from Mick Jagger... His new music is out now. I sampled it on itunes... and you know what, this might be the first time in decades I don't rush to buy a new Stones/Jagger tune... Methinks I am going to go back and enjoy Superheavy right now!

Re: Gotta Get a Grip is out right now!
Date: July 28, 2017 01:44

More info here: [iorr.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-28 01:44 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: July 28, 2017 01:53

Okay well thanks mate your post helped me figure out purchase itunes !

Posted by: geordiestone ()
Date: July 28, 2017 02:23

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: July 28, 2017 10:25

Gotta Get A Grip is out right Now! It would really be truly historic if we could get them to "UNRELEASE" it somehow...like take it back??
...I'm not sure how that would work. I mean it's already streaming right? hmmmm, wait a sec, let me think this through....

... .. ..... .. .

well they can 'disavow' it...say...well, it wasn't ready and get the label to sput a clamp on the stream? Can they do that technically? Where's Schillid?

I mean if people already have it then...well they could...I guess they could just stream it off or mail it off so...

ohman...
this isn't looking good.

Re: "Mick Jagger" video shoot in London - "Gotta Get a Grip"?
Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: July 28, 2017 11:50

Both songs muuuch better than I expected, Micks voice finally recovered again (after all this awful Watching The River Flow/Following The River/Superheavy/Exile Bonus nasality). Great grooves, Micks harmonica on both tracks, even some stonesy guitar riffs on GGAG. Well done, Mick!

Of course there's some predictable flak from the usual suspects, what's their name, the "Keithettes", but, hey, it had to happen, "Mick solo can't be any good" shall be the whole of the law, so what?

Re: Mick Jagger "Gotta Get a Grip" and "England Lost"
Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: July 28, 2017 12:35

I don't mind them. Glad he put them out and if they were originally written with the Stones in mind it's a good sign that Mick can see they wouldn't work for them.

sc uk

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-28 23:38 by straycatuk.

Posted by: NeddieFlanders ()
Date: July 28, 2017 13:06

maumau
no words on who's playing on them?

My guess: all instruments by MJ and Matt Clifford.

N

Posted by: sandandglue ()
Date: July 28, 2017 13:15

I'm going to stick my neck out and purchase this but there's some disparity between the prices - From Universal to Amazon UK the vinyl is a little more expensive on Jagger's own site but the CD is FAR cheaper .. Only two tracks though .. I might have hoped that the remixes were included.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: July 28, 2017 13:56

sandandglue
I'm going to stick my neck out and purchase this but there's some disparity between the prices - From Universal to Amazon UK the vinyl is a little more expensive on Jagger's own site but the CD is FAR cheaper .. Only two tracks though .. I might have hoped that the remixes were included.

right, I do prefer the remixes of GGAG, at least a couple of them, over the main version and the EL ft Skepta, and for those I would consider buying the record

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 28, 2017 14:13

Listened for a bit to the 2 songs. Like EL better. listening now to two remixes. Like ALOKs version, Matts version not so much.

Good that Mick released the 2 songs, sound better than the God in the cd.

Too bad, he used a rhyme book, . The lyrics are a bit simple. i like the messages.
I am afraid the 2 songs wont stand the test of time. Like in 55 years no one will remember them.

Anyway mick, thanks for new music.

jeroen

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: July 28, 2017 15:00

There's a HD/Hi-Res download version out too :

[www.prostudiomasters.com]
[ca.7digital.com]

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: July 28, 2017 15:03

Here's an article from today's press, though it's just a rehash of the info already out there:

[www.theguardian.com]

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: July 28, 2017 15:08

I wanted to know if it's just me so played the two new songs to my wife and adult sons last night and to my friends today, all are casual Stones fans. To be polite they really don't like either of them, even after a few plays.
Is this another example of the herd mentality being expressed on IORR. Be honest Mick has done better on all of his solo albums.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: July 28, 2017 15:14

Sweet Thing sounds like a solid gold master-f_cking-piece compared to these two new ones.

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: July 28, 2017 15:15

NeddieFlanders
maumau
no words on who's playing on them?

My guess: all instruments by MJ and Matt Clifford.

N

Mick Jaggers "Gotta Get A Grip" remix Kevin Parker, Kevin Parker is a record producer, best known for being the frontman and live guitarist of the Australian psychedelic rock band Tama Impala.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: July 28, 2017 15:21

peoplewitheyes
Sweet Thing sounds like a solid gold master-f_cking-piece compared to these two new ones.

thumbs up

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: July 28, 2017 15:27

stone4ever
I wanted to know if it's just me so played the two new songs to my wife and adult sons last night and to my friends today, all are casual Stones fans. To be polite they really don't like either of them, even after a few plays.
Is this another example of the herd mentality being expressed on IORR. Be honest Mick has done better on all of his solo albums.

Ever thought about your family 'n friends just tryin' to keep you happy?

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: July 28, 2017 15:31

just listened to both of them. nothing special.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 28, 2017 15:35

peoplewitheyes
smileys with beersmileys with beersmoking smiley
True !!
Jeroen

Posted by: spsimmons ()
Date: July 28, 2017 15:39

No chance in hell I am buying these singles. They are horrible.

Date: July 28, 2017 15:52

retired_dog
Both songs muuuch better than I expected, Micks voice finally recovered again (after all this awful Watching The River Flow/Following The River/Superheavy/Exile Bonus nasality). Great grooves, Micks harmonica on both tracks, even some stonesy guitar riffs on GGAG. Well done, Mick!

Of course there's some predictable flak from the usual suspects, what's their name, the "Keithettes", but, hey, it had to happen, "Mick solo can't be any good" shall be the whole of the law, so what?

Where is the flak, btw?

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: July 28, 2017 16:08

I like them. Especially "Gotta Get A Grip". Jagger left behind his fake singing, and found his real voice. The sound is great, the guitar-riffing is cool, and the combination of "blues-licks" and "modern rhythms" work very well.
I am pleasantly surprised.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: July 28, 2017 16:17

stone4ever

Well, I've got no herd mentality, and have disliked some RS (Goat's Head Soup, except 'Winter') and stood up to Goat lovers over it.
Do you dance? Maybe you'd like it better if you shook a tail feather.
Either way, it's only music. IORR.

Posted by: mandu ()
Date: July 28, 2017 16:26

I like gotta get a grip

but not keen on England Lost

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Posted by: ChrisMahavishnu ()
Date: July 28, 2017 16:52

I really like Gotta Get A Grip, the heavy guitar and dance groove mix sounds great to my ears. Certainly a completely different beast to a traditional Stones song, so releasing it as a solo track was likely a good move, but it's nice to see Jagger has the creative muse working for him. Looking forward to any further tracks to come.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 28, 2017 16:52

Nice grooves, thanks Mick! EL has a pretty infectious melody too, sounds a bit like RFD part II with lyrics of interest.

GGaG grooves hard and doesn't really go anywhere and thankfully no "corny" bridge like on, say Don't Stop. Reminds me a lot of "All of my Love" one of the surprises on BL.

Good work by Mick and Matt, more of these pkease!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627...LastNext
Current Page: 22 of 61

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1781
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home