Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: OT - Photobucket
Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: June 30, 2017 02:34

"I'm with the band. Deal with it."

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 30, 2017 03:18

The other three weren't impressed with Yoko's new tune "The Ballad of Me and John" - which John demanded they record with Yoko on vocals.
A compromise was made, the title was altered, John sang lead, yet the rift was irreparable.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 30, 2017 13:08

Just when I start to use Photobucket for a couple of months they do this , like I am going to give them $400.00 .They are out of there minds .Talk about a money grab

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: June 30, 2017 13:16

I got my email overnight and it turned up in my spam box!
Where it belongs as far as I'm concerned.
Get lost Photobucket.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 30, 2017 18:05

Deltics
Get lost Photobucket.
Mine did as well .What is the consensus on what we will replace Photobucket with ?

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: June 30, 2017 18:11

TheGreek
Deltics
Get lost Photobucket.
Mine did as well .What is the consensus on what we will replace Photobucket with ?

I've just opened an account with Imgur.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: June 30, 2017 20:09

This is my Photo-bucket Picture:

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: June 30, 2017 22:38

Everytime I visit the Photobucket site, it reminds me of MySpace.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: June 30, 2017 23:18

Logged into PB and was able to download around 1500 files to my hard drive in around 45 minutes or so. I saved them in a folder. Now I'm uploading 'em to my Google Drive as I write this. We'll see how it goes...
See the progress in The ATTIC.
As John Lennon sang, "It'll be just like starting over ... "
No signature for me for now

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: June 30, 2017 23:24

schillid
Logged into PB and was able to download around 1500 files to my hard drive in around 45 minutes or so. I saved them in a folder. Now I'm uploading 'em to my Google Drive as I write this. We'll see how it goes...
See the progress in The ATTIC.
As John Lennon sang, "It'll be just like starting over ... "
No signature for me for now

Thanks for the tip Schillid............I will do the same although I'm not where to store them...

Date: June 30, 2017 23:47

Just changed my signature here on iorr to a pic on Google Drive using the method that I mentioned a few posts earlier.

With Google Drive, create a new folder. Set sharing preferences for folder / files to "Public" using Advanced, etc...

After you upload, you'll see a nice set of your uploaded pictures.

The problem is that when you click on a file's icon, the window then opens to a webpage containing your image, not the image itself... (if that makes any sense).
So when you look to the browser's address bar and see an address like https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0Bywukak-o6lBSWJFaEF3UldJNk0 it's the address for the webpage and not the image file itself.
You have to change it to this format .... Note the part that I underlined:

[ img ]https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0Bywukak-o6lBNVhiQ2YzWVRRMEk [ / img ]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-30 21:43 by schillid.

Date: June 30, 2017 23:48

Big pain the PhatButt

Date: July 1, 2017 03:37

[www.pcmag.com]

Photobucket Breaks Image Links Across the Internet
Want embedded Photobucket images to continue loading in forums or on your website?
Be prepared to pay $399 per year.

By
Matthew Humphries
June 30, 2017

Embedding images on a website or in a forum post is a very common practice, with those images usually living on one of the many well-known image hosting websites. One such host is Photobucket, but a recent change to its subscription tiers means many millions of images across the Internet are no longer going to load outside of Photobucket's own site.

The key feature of a Photobucket account we're talking about here is called "3rd Party Hosting." It allows you to embed images from Photobucket in another location on the Internet, e.g. in a forum post or on a website.

As Norvic Philatelics discovered, Photobucket changed its terms and conditions and removed the 3rd Party Hosting feature from the lower subscription tiers. If you want to continue using that feature then a Photobucket Plus 500 subscription is required. It costs $39.99 per month or $399 per year.

Not only is that very expensive, it means existing Photobucket accounts on lower subscriptions tiers will have any embedded images they've created in the past cease to work. Considering Photobucket has been around since 2003 and hosts over 10 billion images, that's potentially millions of embedded images across the Internet being broken thanks to a policy change. Here's just one example of how this change impacts a forum thread.

The worst part of this debacle, according to Ghacks.net, is the fact Photobucket users were apparently given no warning of the change. The subscription features simply changed, and images stopped loading without explanation.

There's hope this is a mistake, or that Photobucket's management will realize the scale of the problem they have created with this change. But if that doesn't happen, expect to see that Photobucket broken link image above many times in the coming months.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 1, 2017 03:44

schillid
[www.pcmag.com]

There's hope this is a mistake, or that Photobucket's management will realize the scale of the problem they have created with this change. But if that doesn't happen, expect to see that Photobucket broken link image above many times in the coming months.

Well, since yesterday I've seen too much broken link images than what I've seen in my entire life. grinning smiley

Date: July 1, 2017 04:24

Cristiano Radtke
schillid
[www.pcmag.com]

Well, since yesterday I've seen too much broken link images than what I've seen in my entire life. grinning smiley

Indeed - at least they could have used a pretty image of a flower or something? drinking smiley
If they don't re-think this drastic change, I predict massive backlash and the death of Photobucket itself.
There's many alternatives out there!

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 1, 2017 05:33

Hairball
Cristiano Radtke
schillid
[www.pcmag.com]

Indeed - at least they could have used a pretty image of a flower or something? drinking smiley
If they don't re-think this drastic change, I predict massive backlash and the death of Photobucket itself.
There's many alternatives out there!

Yeah, a image like this one would be better. drinking smiley

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 1, 2017 07:14

For anyone who posts a lot of pictures in one thread, this is a problem. For someone who has spent years posting pictures all over IORR, the labour of tracking down every picture posted and changing the hosting site details will be just too much hassle, and many of the classic picture threads here will be effectively destroyed.

Snarl mutter curse mumble grumble moan groan...

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 1, 2017 15:00

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-01 15:04 by latebloomer.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 1, 2017 15:01

Seems to still work for me. ^^
But maybe that's because I don't use it very often? Haven't read the fine print.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-01 15:05 by latebloomer.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: July 1, 2017 15:34

Deltics
Just trying out Google drive

Seems to work!

thanks. I'm really very very slow w all this, if you could help me please. Just really simply cause i do have google and google plus...
...I don't know how to access or maintain photos on google plus, but would sure like to be able to share pics like you just did here. I've been having huge probs w Photobucket for quite some time; and luckily had instinctively just gathered the few I really wanted to keep and stored them elsewhere; so I don't care about getting back into Photobucket. Especially after hamstringing Schillid and ALL of us, AND the world really; because Schillid's such a great artist and conceptualist. I mean that is so much incredible work over so many years! I'd sometime just spend a lot of time on that thread and never post on it but boy do I appreciate it how clever and beautiful it is. damn idiots keep doing this kind of thing and think they are doing something other than losing everybody. That's an insecure site forever now as far as I'm concerned. I would not accept a free subscription. They have proved themselves intentionally insecure imo, as no one seems to have gotten clear advance warning and an opportunity to retain their stuff from there however....even tho it would have been a huge pita anyway. they blew it.

If you or someone would be kind enough to just just down a sentence or two about how to get into their (Google Plus) pics thing, and start it up, that would really help. Thank you. Could i just have really simple stupid directions like you were talking to someone really kind of challenged. I can do most everything on putes once i do it once or twice. But it's frustrating going in. Must be really simple but I can't find the option or way to click in and start that. Also is it at all private? I mean Google Plus. Does it auto-share your stuff across it's platform with users if you don't specifically intend to do so?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-01 15:35 by hopkins.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: July 1, 2017 15:44

I'm having trouble too hopkins! I've played with several other photo storage systems but can't figure out how to share any of them here. Photof*ckit had an easy link to share them. Others? If anyone can give me a glimmer...

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: July 1, 2017 16:23

Maybe Instagram is an alternative?

Date: July 1, 2017 21:08

SomeTorontoGirl
I'm having trouble too hopkins! I've played with several other photo storage systems but can't figure out how to share any of them here. Photof*ckit had an easy link to share them. Others? If anyone can give me a glimmer...

Again I mention shutterfly - but again I don't know if they also have limitations, etc.
Similar to photf*ckit lol in that you store photos in albums, folders, timeline, etc., and to share you simply right click and copy "copy image location" where you then paste into "insert image" box above.

As an example:

smiling smiley

I have dozens of album, folders, etc. stored on there, but again don't know if there's any limitations or if it's the most feasible site for everyone's needs.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: July 1, 2017 21:36

Love the pic, Hairball! Right clicking like mad on my iPad... will look for an App. Soooo much I'd rather be doing at the mo.

Date: July 1, 2017 22:13

With Google Drive, create a new folder.
Upload pics to that folder, then you'll see a list or thumbnails of your uploaded pictures.
Set the sharing preferences for folder / files to "Public" using Advanced, etc.

When you click on a file's icon, the window opens to a webpage containing your image, not the image itself.
Look to the browser's address bar and see an address like
ht tps ://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bywukak-o6lBQ1JZeGdYTXZGb3c/view?usp=sharing
This is actually the address for the webpage and not the image file itself.

To use on this forum, you have to change the format.
Disregarding blank spaces, to display Metamorphosis above, type:

[ img ]https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0Bywukak-o6lBQ1JZeGdYTXZGb3c [ / img ]

Note the part that is underlined... that's where you substitute your picture's 28-character Google file id.
On your Google Drive, that's the part in the middle, between google.com/file/d............................/view?usp=sharing

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-03 06:28 by schillid.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: July 2, 2017 08:54

SomeTorontoGirl
Love the pic, Hairball! Right clicking like mad on my iPad... will look for an App. Soooo much I'd rather be doing at the mo.

So how is the traffic into Toronto this summer, I'm thinking of driving up for a visit. Anything exciting going on in the city this July?

Date: July 2, 2017 16:29

Photobucket, The Worst
Switching to Google Drive for now

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-02 18:02 by schillid.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: July 2, 2017 17:10

Slightly OT but not totally:

I just want to thank those of you who take the time to upload and share your photos with the rest of us.

Your time and effort have provided much enjoyment for many of us. Now, many of you will be doing even MORE work which will again provide the rest of us enjoyment. As you go through what I'm sure will be a fair amount of frustration, THANK YOU!

smileys with beer

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: July 2, 2017 17:23

Google can do the same thing someday... Even worse. We'll be at their mercy...

Give you services for free today, someday decide to charge you.

Like a pusher.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: July 2, 2017 17:23

mr_dja
Slightly OT but not totally:

I just want to thank those of you who take the time to upload and share your photos with the rest of us.

Your time and effort have provided much enjoyment for many of us. Now, many of you will be doing even MORE work which will again provide the rest of us enjoyment. As you go through what I'm sure will be a fair amount of frustration, THANK YOU!

smileys with beer

Peace,
Mr DJA

Ya, I second thatwinking smiley

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1708
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home