Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Glastonbury closed for 2018 but would open if one band decided to play
Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: June 27, 2017 00:13

Deltics
Tonstone
eduardoacdc
Tonstone
OASIS is the only viable option to the younger Glastonbury Crowd and prospective promoters In the U.K. There is no other band they have in mind.

As I'm part of that young crowd, I'd definitely take that reunion. Bring it on!
It will Happen

It might well happen one day but I doubt that Eavis will change his plans for next year for it.

Deltics you are probably correct, but money talks and OASIS would be their biggest financial coup?. Remember Knebworth 1976. Queen were booked to play until the Stones announced their interest

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 27, 2017 00:19

RollingFreak
Spodlumt
Anyone's chance of seeing Led Zeppelin play live again ended in September of 1980.
Accept it. Enjoy the records and videos. But remember - there is no going back. No substitutes, no "almosts." There is no way to get back.
I fully support their O2 show and thought it was phenomenal. I consider it Zeppelin. Touring so many years after that, the time has passed and as you say that wasn't "really" Zeppelin either. It was good enough and I accept it, but to do it 10 years later? Should have done it then and since they didn't Zep is done. I don't know why people are still clamoring for it. Same with Floyd after Wright died. They all had their chance, the time has passed, its time to move on.

Never say never, and while it wouldn't be truly Led Zeppelin (as was the case with the O2 show), it would be close enough.
And nobody said anything about touring-this is one show. I've always said there's a 50/50 chance (or better) they would "reunite" for one more BIG show. Not saying it will be for this, but it could easily happen again some day.
Don't know why you seem to sound so sure of yourself, when the future is uncertain and is totally out of anyone's knowledge...unless you can predict the future that is.

As for Pink Floyd - can't happen without Rick Wright. But there's always a chance Waters and Gilmour will reunite for at least one more song some day as they did a couple of years ago - they actually did it twice (and one of them was with drummer Nick Mason at the O2 during the Wall tour)...never say never.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-27 00:21 by Hairball.

Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: June 27, 2017 00:20

According to this logic the stones ended in 1969

Spodlumt
Anyone's chance of seeing Led Zeppelin play live again ended in September of 1980.
Accept it. Enjoy the records and videos. But remember - there is no going back. No substitutes, no "almosts." There is no way to get back.

Date: June 27, 2017 00:21

Eavis has just had the stones so it obviously isn't them he's talking about.

Date: June 27, 2017 00:24

95% of the Glastonbury crowd wouldn't know who Rick Wright was! It's a society event for the trustafarians.

Hairball
RollingFreak
Spodlumt
I fully support their O2 show and thought it was phenomenal. I consider it Zeppelin. Touring so many years after that, the time has passed and as you say that wasn't "really" Zeppelin either. It was good enough and I accept it, but to do it 10 years later? Should have done it then and since they didn't Zep is done. I don't know why people are still clamoring for it. Same with Floyd after Wright died. They all had their chance, the time has passed, its time to move on.

Never say never, and while it wouldn't be truly Led Zeppelin (as was the case with the O2 show), it would be close enough.
And nobody said anything about touring-this is one show. I've always said there's a 50/50 chance (or better) they would "reunite" for one more BIG show. Not saying it will be for this, but it could easily happen again some day.
Don't know why you seem to sound so sure of yourself, when the future is uncertain and is totally out of anyone's knowledge...unless you can predict the future that is.

As for Pink Floyd - can't happen without Rick Wright. But there's always a chance Waters and Gilmour will reunite for at least one more song some day as they did a couple of years ago - they actually did it twice (and one of them was with drummer Nick Mason at the O2 during the Wall tour)...never say never.

Date: June 27, 2017 00:24

Lliam Gallagher is about to conquer the entire world with a new solo album and tour (at least that's what he thinks), so doubt there will be an Oasis reunion any time soon.

Date: June 27, 2017 00:26

vertigojoe
95% of the Glastonbury crowd wouldn't know who Rick Wright was! It's a society event for the trustafarians.

Hairball
RollingFreak
Spodlumt

True enough, but it's Gilmour and Waters who would probably 100% refuse to call it Pink Floyd.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: June 27, 2017 01:01

Hairball
it's Gilmour and Waters who would probably 100% refuse to call it Pink Floyd.
Why not? They called it that for The Wall and The Final Cut.

Date: June 27, 2017 01:14

stonehearted
Hairball
it's Gilmour and Waters who would probably 100% refuse to call it Pink Floyd.
Why not? They called it that for The Wall and The Final Cut.

The death of Rick Wright notwithstanding - nearly 40 years later, and with all the history, and the fact that Roger is 73 currently with a new album and a world tour...and the fact he refused to contribute to the Endless River...and in a recent interview he politely said "I don't think so" in regards to a reunion, and on and on...it's highly improbable we will ever see a band by the name of Pink Floyd again - at least one that has both Waters and Gilmour in it. But never say never. winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-27 01:14 by Hairball.

Posted by: geordiestone ()
Date: June 27, 2017 05:05

Guns N Roses would have been great THIS year, much better than what we got.

Posted by: stonesstein ()
Date: June 27, 2017 05:32

He'd open it up for the Stone Roses!

stonesstein

Kick me like you did before
I can't even feel the pain no more
Rocks Off, 1972

Date: June 27, 2017 09:34

Oasis is the one I would think of.
But re. the first post: are the Stones getting ready ONCE AGAIN to wrap it up in the UK? Is this like the 3rd or 4th call up already?

Posted by: Tubeman ()
Date: June 27, 2017 13:33

Below is a link on an article from a web site live2use

[live2use.com]

It quotes 3 likely bands

The Smiths
Pink Floyd
Fleetwood Mac

My money would be on "The Smiths", they have been offered ridiculous money to reform, and always refuse , even if its just Morrissey and Marr, the sums offered are $50 million US for something like 8-10 shows. Rumours have even discussed up to $80 million US for the same number of shows.

The Smiths are the youngest of the 3 bands and would attract a huge audience in the UK.

The sums offered to the Smiths for even one concert, are rumoured to be $15 to $20 million, far above the Stones asking price.

Its a matter of time before they accept, Morrissey will probably agree if the venue is totally vegetarian and proceeds go to an animal shelter. Its not about the money for him its the principle. (he has stated this publically)

Most of the previous discussion on this topic is spot on as far as the 3 acts.

However unlikely Peter Green will play with Fleetwood Mac again.
Pink Floyd there is only 2 of them to play as band (not likely)

The Smiths are the popular choice. (Morrissey / Marr) they are the entrepreneur's dream for a commercial return.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: June 27, 2017 13:45

Hairball
Liam Gallagher is about to conquer the entire world with a new solo album and tour (at least that's what he thinks), so doubt there will be an Oasis reunion any time soon.

grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley

Liam Gallagher couldn't conquer a dilapidated sand castle at low tide, useless talentless gobs***e that he is. Beady Eye Mk2 coming up ...

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: June 27, 2017 13:51

It's all about ABBA

Who else ...
;-)

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: June 27, 2017 15:00

He is definitely talking about Led Zeppelin, 2018 will be their 50th anniversary and Robert Plant has been dropping little hints like he always does that they "may" do something for that occasion. Being 65 years old I was able to see them several times from '70-'79 and it was always great, I loved the reunion and would welcome a Glastobury show, though I wouldn't travel from the U.S. to see it.

Posted by: Long John Stoner ()
Date: June 27, 2017 15:43

Peter Cetera reuniting with Chicago. Golly kids, what else could it be?

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: June 27, 2017 16:20

Spice Girls

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: June 27, 2017 16:34

I think ABBA is another band that could fill the top spot at Glasto. I think only possibly the hardest of hard-hearted rockers wouldn't be singing along to their songs. grinning smiley

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: June 27, 2017 17:09

Silver Dagger
I think ABBA is another band that could fill the top spot at Glasto. I think only possibly the hardest of hard-hearted rockers wouldn't be singing along to their songs. grinning smiley

I agree ...... we want Abba, we want Abba, we want Abba .........!!! grinning smiley

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: June 27, 2017 18:31

vertigojoe
According to this logic the stones ended in 1969

Spodlumt
Anyone's chance of seeing Led Zeppelin play live again ended in September of 1980.Accept it. Enjoy the records and videos. But remember - there is no going back. No substitutes, no "almosts." There is no way to get back.

Comparing The Rolling Stones to (the demise of) Led Zeppelin is an apples to oranges comparison. For one thing, Brian Jones was no longer in the group when he died. For another, Led Zeppelin was only ever comprised of the four original members and none were ever replaced.

Posted by: stones40 ()
Date: June 27, 2017 19:00

The biggest attraction that would lead to Glastonbury opening for 2018 has to be Led Zeppelin.
Thinking that their reputation is immense and Plant and Page are idolised plus how many people have actually seen them live since 1980.

Posted by: mr_c_ox ()
Date: June 27, 2017 21:09

I think he would only put the festival on next year to host Slade. Who else could it be?

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: June 27, 2017 21:23

mr_c_ox
I think he would only put the festival on next year to host Slade. Who else could it be?

You may joke, but Slade is a pretty good band, and I think Noddy Holder has said it really upsets him they can't reunite. I think he's said something that like "we've been out to dinner before and you just know immediately that we all want very different things that we could never make it work. Which is sad, cause it seems like we're so close to it."

I don't know, just made me think of that. Probably the same with a lot of bands but he's the only one I've heard say they can still speak to each other but he just knows while sitting down with them this'll end in flames.

Posted by: eduardoacdc ()
Date: June 27, 2017 21:29

Oh, and what about AC/DC?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 28, 2017 01:24

I thought it'd be George Thorogood for sure but then my good friend
Dirty Dick Willie reckons NO Thorogood would more than likely chalked
ta play all the HOG rallies in 2018 .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: June 28, 2017 09:02

I think it's Ted Nugent

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 28, 2017 09:05

Geeeeez hope they warn the squirrels ......

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 28, 2017 09:58

Spodlumt

People don't care what you call the band, whether it's "Zeppelin" or "Plant, Page, Jones and drummer"--the number of people clamoring to see them in 2007 illustrates that people are desperate to see them NOW, however far removed they may be from the band's prime (and the O2 show was a fantastic show, whatever the band name). And they're undoubtedly the band being hinted at.

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: June 28, 2017 21:02

Spinal Tap

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2095
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home