Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Glastonbury closed for 2018 but would open if one band decided to play
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: June 26, 2017 15:13

Glastonbury is due to take a fallow year in 2018 but founder Michael Eavis says he will revoke that plan if a certain band agrees to perform.

He gave one clue – ‘it’s not One Direction’. Who could it be?

With rumours circulating that the Stones will come back to the UK next year to call it a day could it be that they will consider bowing out with shows in London and Glastonbury?

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Re: Glastonbury closed for 2018 but would open if one band decided to play
Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: June 26, 2017 15:20

I reckon the most likely band he has in mind are Led Zeppelin.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: June 26, 2017 15:28

Unless it's Led Zeppelin.
Those morning after pics- not appealing.
Since they fairly recently did this gig, and it will be closed,
my guess is nobody will play while they take a skip year,
unless Page and Plant really are practicing together all year to
come out next year. Can't think of any other band noteworthy for
'only if'

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 26, 2017 15:31

considering the huge success of this year's surprise guest it must be
Jeremy Corbyn and the Revolu…, eh Labor Party

Date: June 26, 2017 15:41

From 2014.
Glastonbury organiser Michael Eavis: ‘I’m sure Led Zeppelin will play one day’

"Eavis said he was convinced they would share a stage once more and that he had always wanted them to play at Worthy Farm."

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: June 26, 2017 15:56

Silver Dagger

Glastonbury is due to take a fallow year in 2018 but founder Michael Eavis says he will revoke that plan if a certain band agrees to perform.

He gave one clue – ‘it’s not One Direction’. Who could it be?

With rumours circulating that the Stones will come back to the UK next year to call it a day could it be that they will consider bowing out with shows in London and Glastonbury?

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Nice thought Mike, but I don't think it would be the RS. I think he's dreaming about Led Zeppelin ... as are we all. Never saw them in their heyday, would lurrrrrrrrv to see them now ! Sigh ... dream on Paul

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: June 26, 2017 16:08

On radio 2 last week the organisers daughter said the one band they always want but never get is Fleetwood Mac and they would be their dream headliners.

Date: June 26, 2017 16:13

Deltics
From 2014.

"Eavis said he was convinced they would share a stage once more and that he had always wanted them to play at Worthy Farm."

He's also been quoted as saying his favourite band from the 60s was Creedence Clearwater Revival. But two members are dead and John Fogerty isn't a big enough draw on his own. Plus he's played Glasto about 10 years ago.

Date: June 26, 2017 16:27

Silver Dagger
Deltics
From 2014.

He's also been quoted as saying his favourite band from the 60s was Creedence Clearwater Revival. But two members are dead and John Fogerty isn't a big enough draw on his own. Plus he's played Glasto about 10 years ago.

Even if they were still all alive I can't see him revoking his plan just to accommodate them!

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: June 26, 2017 16:29

I reckon it's either Led Zep or Pink Floyd

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 26, 2017 16:33

john lomax
I reckon it's either Led Zep or Pink Floyd

My thoughts as well, although a Led Zeppelin reunion would be more likely, imho.

Posted by: eduardoacdc ()
Date: June 26, 2017 16:35

I was thinking about OASIS...

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 26, 2017 16:48

The Beatles
(featuring Paul, Ringo, Dahni Harrison and Julian Lennon)

I'm sure not the band he's referring to (Led Zeppelin), but also one that would open the gates...

Posted by: ElGeordie ()
Date: June 26, 2017 17:07

The Smiths

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: June 26, 2017 17:19

flairville
On radio 2 last week the organisers daughter said the one band they always want but never get is Fleetwood Mac and they would be their dream headliners.

Yes, the original Fleetwood Mac, that would be great.
A miracle in fact, so it won't happen.

Date: June 26, 2017 18:32

jlowe
flairville

Yes, the original Fleetwood Mac, that would be great.
A miracle in fact, so it won't happen.

That could be truly great. And they're all still alive too.

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: June 26, 2017 20:02

Deltics
Silver Dagger
Deltics
From 2014.

Even if they were still all alive I can't see him revoking his plan just to accommodate them!

Who are the 2 members who died? Tom and ?

Date: June 26, 2017 20:44

2000 LYFH
Deltics
Silver Dagger
Deltics
From 2014.

Only Tom has died, the other three are still with us.

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: June 26, 2017 22:35

could be take that

as the organizers then wouldnt need to set up a stage that needs room for instruments.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 26, 2017 22:44

Deltics
I reckon the most likely band he has in mind are Led Zeppelin.

My first and only thought.
Nothing else makes sense.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: June 26, 2017 22:46

eduardoacdc
I was thinking about OASIS...

This was my first thought. It's also far more likely then Fred Zeppelin pulling Robert back in...

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: June 26, 2017 23:14

Yeah, I assume Led Zeppelin or Floyd. But probably just Zeppelin cause people seem to consider those 3 living members still Zeppelin but Floyd very different, and frankly wrong, without Richard Wright. Only other band I can think is Oasis and thats just cause its UK and I know they are really big there. Anything other than those 3... sorry, its one of them and most likely Zep.

Posted by: Spodlumt ()
Date: June 26, 2017 23:16

Anyone's chance of seeing Led Zeppelin play live again ended in September of 1980.
Accept it. Enjoy the records and videos. But remember - there is no going back. No substitutes, no "almosts." There is no way to get back.

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: June 26, 2017 23:23

OASIS is the only viable option to the younger Glastonbury Crowd and prospective promoters In the U.K. There is no other band they have in mind.

Date: June 26, 2017 23:24

Spodlumt
Anyone's chance of seeing Led Zeppelin play live again ended in September of 1980.
Accept it. Enjoy the records and videos. But remember - there is no going back. No substitutes, no "almosts." There is no way to get back.
I fully support their O2 show and thought it was phenomenal. I consider it Zeppelin. Touring so many years after that, the time has passed and as you say that wasn't "really" Zeppelin either. It was good enough and I accept it, but to do it 10 years later? Should have done it then and since they didn't Zep is done. I don't know why people are still clamoring for it. Same with Floyd after Wright died. They all had their chance, the time has passed, its time to move on.

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: June 26, 2017 23:40

Deltics
2000 LYFH
Deltics
Silver Dagger
Deltics
From 2014.

Fogerty will never play again with the other two CCR members. They went right along with former manager royally screwing him. John attended their Rock Hall of Fame induction, but completely ignored Stu & Cliff at the podium, and really stuck the knife in, when he jammed CCR tunes at the ceremony without them.

If you read John's book, you get a pretty good idea how badly fu#%ed he got from those guys.

No CCR reunion. Ever.

Posted by: eduardoacdc ()
Date: June 26, 2017 23:45

Tonstone
OASIS is the only viable option to the younger Glastonbury Crowd and prospective promoters In the U.K. There is no other band they have in mind.

As I'm part of that young crowd, I'd definitely take that reunion. Bring it on!

Date: June 26, 2017 23:54

mosthigh
Deltics
2000 LYFH
Deltics
Silver Dagger
Deltics
From 2014.

Fogerty will never play again with the other two CCR members. They went right along with former manager royally screwing him. John attended their Rock Hall of Fame induction, but completely ignored Stu & Cliff at the podium, and really stuck the knife in, when he jammed CCR tunes at the ceremony without them.

If you read John's book, you get a pretty good idea how badly fu#%ed he got from those guys.

No CCR reunion. Ever.

I've never understood why people want CCR to get back together anyway. I love them and I love when bands play with original members, but Stu and Cliff are rather pointless. Not pointless, but John wrote, sang and played guitar on the original music. If ANYONE can go out and legitimately call it his former band its him. He WAS CCR. If Tom was still alive, yeah maybe I'd say that would be cool. But if he's gone you're only seeing 3/4 of the lineup (yes I know they toured without Tom towards the end) and John carried that band. I'd honestly rather see him solo with his band than see him with Stu and Cliff who would be cool to maybe 5% of crowds, Its like the only band where I care more about seeing one member than the original band, cause the band was always the Fogerty show in the end.

And Oasis is too young to never reunite. They will, I don't know when, but that payday is too big to ignore. GNR did and I truly never thought they would. Oasis will and still have plenty of time.

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: June 27, 2017 00:04

eduardoacdc
Tonstone

It will Happen

Date: June 27, 2017 00:08

Tonstone
eduardoacdc
Tonstone

It will Happen

It might well happen one day but I doubt that Eavis will change his plans for next year for it.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1542
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home