Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: (OT) The 100 Best Guitar Solos Ever
Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: June 17, 2017 18:40

There is a lot useful information on this thread

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: June 17, 2017 18:44

Best Guitar Solo? Sympathy Desert Trip I winking smiley

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: June 17, 2017 18:48

There is a huge difference between a guitar "solo" and a guitar "riff."

A guitar solo implies a lead guitar notes not rhythm parts. Song intros for the most part are usually made up of riffs, a Stones trademark.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: June 17, 2017 18:59

With respect to Stones top Guitar solos follow:

Can't you hear me Knocking
Worried about You
Time waits for No one

well Ron Wood is not included but the solo on Maggie Mae is pure magic.

Date: June 17, 2017 20:41

The solo between 3:15 and 6:00 is absolutely groundbreaking and beautiful.
A JazzRock-shredder making sense.

RiP Allan Holdsworth †

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: microvibe ()
Date: June 18, 2017 18:47

hand of fate!

Date: June 19, 2017 10:08

In The Last Waltz, the Band does a few songs with Dylan. 'Hazel', 'Forever Young' and 'I Dont Believe You'. On IDBY Robbie does a superb short blast of a solo. I have sat and figured out the solo. ( It is however an edit of a longer solo)

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: June 24, 2017 21:58

Had forgotten this one!

Eddie Hazel--"Maggot Brain"

He can be at the top of Tier 2, after all of the available Hendrix solos.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: June 24, 2017 23:42

Mick T. Love in Vein pretty spectacular all over the '72 tour. we get close-ups in L&G too!
It's almost like every time the guy plays a solo it could end up being one of the best guitar solos ever.
Back then for certain imo. Soaring, melodic, lovely, crunching, powerful, threatening...weeping, crying...I mean even Eric can't play like that.
I think he's still got it too...he didn't even have time to stretch out really at the anniverary tour shows; but still played fascinating little forays in the box they gave him on pretty much that one song.

These lists drive me crazy; I've got to calm down before I look at it again. For me Derek is like THE out of this world, 'out of it's mind it's so stunning,' but still original and rooted all at the same time, sort of Kingly master guitar players. He's stun Ry. It's almost like not even guitar sounds, that the guy gets out of that thing. It's like a stunning gift; I am really humbled by that kind of gift. I mean that's what heroes are made of; had I grown up and THAT was the guy, and not Pete or Keith or Jeff etc...hey even B.B. (who was certainly aware of Derek); well, if I was a younger generation I'd have his posters and album covers all over the walls.
THAT is one of the few guys approaching that kind of level of playing, imo. I mean even Jeff Beck does not take second chair to this kid. So, I'll be back here when I can point to something particular I'd love to share with fans, and be listening to IORRers suggestions too; but I saw this thread and took only a preliminary look at the link; thinking all the time, it's Mick Taylor and Derek Trucks that come flooding to mind; if we're talking the general post 40's rock era.'

The Rolling Stones & Mick Taylor - Winter Deluxe Version
"...Winter from 1973 combined with the first of the two Mick Taylor's Winter solos from 2000"
I skipped Taylor's singer & started the link as solo takes off. An awesome 7 minutes or so of gunplay. 30 years between takes ! smileys with beer
Whoever put this together (kleermaker) deserves a lot of praise.
[youtu.be]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-25 00:07 by hopkins.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: June 25, 2017 00:06

Palace Revolution 2000
In The Last Waltz, the Band does a few songs with Dylan. 'Hazel', 'Forever Young' and 'I Dont Believe You'. On IDBY Robbie does a superb short blast of a solo. I have sat and figured out the solo. ( It is however an edit of a longer solo)
Thats set Dylan does with the Band at the Last Waltz is one of my favorite things ever. Dylan is on fire, Robbie is KILLING it. Seriously, I adore his guitar playing during that 20 minutes or so. Most of it are quick licks or short blast solos as you say and they are out of this world. Whole band plays great as always but Robbie stands out, that whole night really but definitely during Dylan's set. I would love to see more lists that lists obscure stuff like that as opposed to the same old same old. Would be cool if I didn't know the Last Waltz to seek that inspired bit of soloing out but it never gets brought up.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 25, 2017 00:45

Steve Howe of Yes deserves mention somewhere in this thread!

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: June 25, 2017 02:49

[youtu.be]

OT.

The Best Guitar Solo Ever with my band.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-25 16:48 by RipThisBone.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: June 25, 2017 22:11

Hairball
Steve Howe has never stopped kicking ass.

Date: June 26, 2017 00:42

RollingFreak
Palace Revolution 2000
Thats set Dylan does with the Band at the Last Waltz is one of my favorite things ever. Dylan is on fire, Robbie is KILLING it. Seriously, I adore his guitar playing during that 20 minutes or so. Most of it are quick licks or short blast solos as you say and they are out of this world. Whole band plays great as always but Robbie stands out, that whole night really but definitely during Dylan's set. I would love to see more lists that lists obscure stuff like that as opposed to the same old same old. Would be cool if I didn't know the Last Waltz to seek that inspired bit of soloing out but it never gets brought up.

Im so glad you like that too. Robbie is just on fire. And Dylan...one thing Dylan never gets enough credit for is what a great musician he is on top of it all. The songs; and the singing. When he opens up on "her mouth was watery and wet".

Date: June 26, 2017 00:46

Hairball
Howe IMO was best live. He was/is so good that he doesn't need any studio chicanery; matter of fact - add the volume and fire from the amps, and he gets even better. IMO all the classics see their ultimate performance on "Yessongs".
The guitar solo on "Perpetual Change" is so great on live stage. he might be a noodle in real life, but he can burn on guitar.

Posted by: mandu ()
Date: June 26, 2017 07:13

what about come again by the Damn Yankees

very good guitar solo on the that song

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 26, 2017 08:35

And the solo on B.O.C's Don't Fear the Reaper - it's both iconic and bombastic, and I still really like the whole song - cowbell and all! thumbs up

And Boston - people make fun of them (as they should), but some damn fine and tasty guitar solos on most of their big hit songs.

And Styx....

And Kansas...

And Journey....

And....never mind.

drinking smiley

Posted by: mandu ()
Date: June 26, 2017 08:42

Angus young guitar solo on let there be rock live at river plate

man that solo just goes off

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Posted by: resotele ()
Date: June 26, 2017 09:03

why didn't anybody comment about Nr 86 ?

86: Mick Jagger: ‘Memo From Turner’ (from Performance, 1970)

resotele

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: June 27, 2017 02:58

Neil Young - Like A Hurricane

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1873
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home