Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314Next
Current Page: 13 of 14
Re: RIP Anita Pallenberg
Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: June 23, 2017 21:10

A great movie, set mostly in the afterlife...

Official U.S. trailer: [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: June 24, 2017 01:44

The Joker
Bliss
>>>But, hey, since this is still an RIP thread, I guess, I just wanna address something... Do we really "rest" when we die, and. if so, is it a peaceful rest?

If you have ever had dreams about the dead, you see that they do seem to go on in a different sort of life. They are returned to a younger, healthy state compared to their last years.

For what I guess, it's well organized there.

My approach of the afterlife is quantitative, "Big Data", journalistic...

Flip through hundreds and hundreds of testimonies in books, most ancient BC, ancien Rome.... Different civilizations, idioms, religions... up now, until my own contacts I had with psychics

What's strikes me is that the "dead" talking to the living always, I mean always, say the same pattern about how organized and hierarchised it is on the other side... In a good sense... You evolve in different steps to get better.. And yes, it seems people there visit between each other (following a certain etiquette) and art exists in its own form.. Various dead musicians talked about "concert" there, for whatever that means

Back to the most important point. It seems very silly, but what strikes me is that, contrary of religions which are competitors between each other, and differ in their legends and stories, words spoken by psychics are always the same. It's a constant pattern on the organization of afterlife.

I would not believe it per se, but these massive testimonies for more than 20 centuries, delivering still the same pattern of afterlife organization make me see different.

I mean: all these identical testimonies from regular folks who do not know each other, who do not speak the same idiom, who lived in different places and ages... It cannot be a gigantic prank

In maths, they call it Reductio ad absurdum: if it were not true, the result would be absurd or impossible

Yes there's definitely something in it.
Science is catching up with what's always been known to the non Western world.
Physicist are on the verge of proving that we have a soul that lives on after death.
Yes folks Quantum Physics proves there is an after life.
Robert Lanzer is pioneering the research, worth a read if anyone is looking for proof of the after life.

Posted by: Librarian ()
Date: June 24, 2017 02:17

z
Is there a Rolling Stones message board on the other side?

smileys with beer

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 24, 2017 10:00

stonehearted
A great movie, set mostly in the afterlife...

Official U.S. trailer: [www.youtube.com]

I was confused when this post came up as the first on the new page of the topic, I was seriously just about to ask if Anita is in it when I looked back and saw the detour the discussion has taken. (Into territory Anita would have been interested in, I'm sure.)

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: June 24, 2017 10:15

stone4ever
Physicist are on the verge of proving that we have a soul that lives on after death.
Robert Lanzer is pioneering the research, worth a read if anyone is looking for proof of the after life.
Hey Keef (John), read this interview about what this once skeptical neurosurgeon saw during a week-long coma brought on from bacterial meningitis (Dr. Eben Alexander): [skeptiko.com]

He basically saw the beginning of the universe, it's progression, and his place in it.

Keep in mind the "melody" he talks about -- it brings you back to Pete Townshend -- "it's all music!" (from Psychoderelict)

Posted by: z ()
Date: June 24, 2017 11:37

A proof...what for? What if your proof turns out to be not so valid upstairs, Riffy? Who do I go to in case anything goes wrong?..........."excuse me? there was supposed to be an afterlife here...look! I'm focking DEAD!!!"

Date: June 24, 2017 15:27

stonehearted
stone4ever
Hey Keef (John), read this interview about what this once skeptical neurosurgeon saw during a week-long coma brought on from bacterial meningitis (Dr. Eben Alexander): [skeptiko.com]

He basically saw the beginning of the universe, it's progression, and his place in it.

Keep in mind the "melody" he talks about -- it brings you back to Pete Townshend -- "it's all music!" (from Psychoderelict)

Thanks mate, that was really interesting.

Date: June 24, 2017 15:32

z
A proof...what for? What if your proof turns out to be not so valid upstairs, Riffy? Who do I go to in case anything goes wrong?..........."excuse me? there was supposed to be an afterlife here...look! I'm focking DEAD!!!"

Lol. I have enough proof to satisfy myself, but of course it can never be proof for another person, that would be ridiculous for you to believe in something because some ass hole like me on the Internet Says it's true. You make your own journey, do your own research, it's best to keep an open mind winking smiley

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: June 24, 2017 16:41

stone4ever
that would be ridiculous for you to believe in something because some ass hole like me on the Internet Says it's true.

This is one of my favorite things on the internet ever. Rock on, young riffhards, rock on!

Date: June 24, 2017 18:21

LongBeachArena72
stone4ever
that would be ridiculous for you to believe in something because some ass hole like me on the Internet Says it's true.

This is one of my favorite things on the internet ever. Rock on, young riffhards, rock on!

Err thank you, i think confused smiley Hehe

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: June 24, 2017 20:15

This might give a clue to what you are discussing.

BTW, I asked the Lord where Anita went after death, and I felt that He said, "She is where she wants to be." He didn't say Heaven. He didn't say Hell. We all have free will to make our own choices in life. Do we choose the Creator? Do we reject the Creator? The parable of the rich man and Lazarus--the poor, disregarded beggar, talks about a great gulf between the two places that can't be crossed, but it talks of Heaven being a place of comfort, while Hell is a place of torment, while having awareness.

This lady (in the video) operated in both Darkness and Light, and shares where the Powers come from, and which has the greatest Power. I thought it was interesting and insightful. I'm curious about life after death, myself, and I know it doesn't stop here. But, it's written: "It's appointed to man once to die, and then the Judgement." Listen to what this lady has to say. She experienced both realms of the supernatural world around us and has a lot of insight.

Carol Kornacki on Sid Roth's It's Supernatural-- Exposing The Real Dangers of Witchcraft, Psychics, Hypnotism, and Tarot Cards

[youtu.be]

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: June 25, 2017 23:21

To go back to the original thread- I thought it was rather nice to see Keith put out such a dignified tribute to the mother of his children and the grandmother of his grandchildren. Whatever the chaos of their youth, they came together with his new partner and family to show what matters in the end - love , family , continuity. Both Mick and Keith in their very different ways seem to have got that one.....

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: June 25, 2017 23:38

Piece on Anita at about 6 mins 30 secs into the programme:

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: June 26, 2017 16:29

Any news on cause of death?

Posted by: Shott ()
Date: June 26, 2017 16:43

C'mon Stones fans. I opened this thread thinking I would see dozens of pictures of the beautiful Anita. Instead I read a bunch of carping. Someone must have a bunch of cool pics.

Date: June 26, 2017 16:45

Shott
C'mon Stones fans. I opened this thread thinking I would see dozens of pictures of the beautiful Anita. Instead I read a bunch of carping. Someone must have a bunch of cool pics.

Did you read from the beginning?

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: June 26, 2017 17:10

john lomax

As far as I am aware no information has been released as yet.
She was of course being treated for a very long standing condition, namely hepatitis c. This can lead onto other conditions eg liver problems which can prove fatal. We know she died in hospital, but thats about it. No doubt more detail will follow, particularly if there is an inquest.

I don't know what other Forum Members feel, but I have been heartened by the very balanced Obituaries and general Articles which appeared in the Press in the week or so after her death. They haven't completely focussed on the 'Brian/Keith years' and have given space to the last 20 years or so of her life...just living quietly (in the main) but certainly not in a reclusive way.

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: June 26, 2017 18:41

jlowe

I don't know what other Forum Members feel, but I have been heartened by the very balanced Obituaries and general Articles which appeared in the Press in the week or so after her death. They haven't completely focussed on the 'Brian/Keith years' and have given space to the last 20 years or so of her life...just living quietly (in the main) but certainly not in a reclusive way.

Yes. Probably many people, women especially, like my wife, for example, know Anita and the other Stones women, from the fashion magazines, and are interested in her for her own self, not just as 'Brian's girlfriend,' etc.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: July 1, 2017 23:00

There are more pics from the 1979 arrest on Gettys.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: July 1, 2017 23:39

john lomax

Marlon is reported to have said she died from complications of hepatitis C, which could be liver cancer, cirrhosis, or liver failure.

Date: July 2, 2017 00:05

Bliss
john lomax

Marlon is reported to have said she died from complications of hepatitis C, which could be liver cancer, cirrhosis, or liver failure.

Similar to Bobby keys, i wonder why Anita and Bobby didn't get offered a transplant or interferon treatment.
People like Lou Reed and David Crosby have had liver transplants.
I suspect Anita and Bobby;s condition was diagnosed previously. Likelihood is that they were not suitable candidates for some reason.
Steve Tyler had Hep C and was in a bad way when he had life saving interferon treatment a few years ago. He had 11 months of chemotherapy and it about killed him. He is Hep C clear now.
The surprising thing is that liver disease is reversible, so the liver can take a serious pounding for years and as long as you stop before the disease reaches cirrhosis you can get away with it, but you have to abstain. So i do.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-02 00:52 by stone4ever.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: July 2, 2017 10:21

This is what I have been told - Interferon treatment does not work for all people. And a transplanted liver would immediately become infected with hepatitis C.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: July 2, 2017 11:36

For all anyone knows, it may have been too late for treatment or treatment may have been offered and declined.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: July 2, 2017 21:40

Lovely article by Marcelo Sonaglioni about the time he met and spoke to Anita in Buenos Aires last year.

[sonaglioni.blogspot.co.uk]

Alternative: [sonaglioni.wordpress.com]

In Spanish: [sonaglioni.wordpress.com]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-03 03:54 by Deltics.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: July 2, 2017 22:29

Interferon was the old treatment and it made a lot of patients too sick to complete it..also it only had about a 40% success rate. In the last few years tho the new treatments like Harvoni and Eclusa have hardly no side effects and are over 99% effective. The treatment plan is 12 weeks and it usually has killed the virus way before that. The effectiveness is also determined by the genotype that a person has. Drawbacks (in the states).. cost is about $900 a pill (one daily for 3 mo) comes to around $75000...in other countries like India for example the same meds cost around $700. Of course if the virus has already advanced to needing a new liver I guess that's another problem..

Date: July 3, 2017 01:01

We are experiencing third world treatment in Britain, Interferon is still being used in combination with other drugs to treat Hep C.
75000 Dollars, £57000 pounds is not much to save a persons life, plus the real cost of nursing someone slowly dying of Hep C would exceed that amount imho.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: July 3, 2017 01:24

Deltics
Article by Marcelo Sonaglioni about the time he met and spoke to Anita in Buenos Aires last year.

This was really nice.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 3, 2017 01:42

Aquamarine
Deltics
Article by Marcelo Sonaglioni about the time he met and spoke to Anita in Buenos Aires last year.

This was really nice.

thumbs up

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: September 13, 2017 04:07

"You moved through your world as if it was a dance...
Farewell Anita, you were a diamond among stones.
I pray that angels met you on the shore."

Mick Taylor - June 18, 2017

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: September 13, 2017 07:22

Very nice sentiments from a tasteful player and a classy gentleman then and now. Thanks for sharing that, hopkins.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314Next
Current Page: 13 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1917
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home