Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314Next
Current Page: 12 of 14
Re: RIP Anita Pallenberg
Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: June 22, 2017 19:49

Stonesrule
She also became a fine gardener often showing
up at her little garden patch in Chelsea. I will always remember her happy smile as she
watered her garden. Relaxed and happy.

Anita's allotment was in Chiswick, 7 km away from Chelsea.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: June 22, 2017 21:23

stone4ever
duke richardson
DandelionPowderman
duke richardson
LongBeachArena72 -

"Wait till you read what choirboys Mick and Keith were"

grinning smiley

true for Keith, he really was a choirboy..

Lemmy already told us that winking smiley

cool smiley

Lemmy rocked to the end..

Lemmy was the only guy in history to live life completely on his own terms and make it to 70 years of age. No rehab clinics for Lemmy, he drank shagged and Rocked right to the very end. Respect.

"Lemmy was the only guy in history to live life completely on his own terms and make it to 70 years of age"

ok.. that covers a lot of ground, but could be true..

smiling smiley

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: June 22, 2017 21:28

duke richardson
stone4ever
duke richardson
DandelionPowderman
duke richardson
LongBeachArena72 -

grinning smiley

cool smiley

Lemmy was the only guy in history to live life completely on his own terms and make it to 70 years of age. No rehab clinics for Lemmy, he drank shagged and Rocked right to the very end. Respect.

"Lemmy was the only guy in history to live life completely on his own terms and make it to 70 years of age"

smiling smiley

I'll wager that at 81 the Dalai Lama has lived life on his own terms to at least the same extent that Lemmy did. And also so far as we know he's stayed out of rehab.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: June 22, 2017 23:21

Bliss
Stonesrule
She also became a fine gardener often showing
up at her little garden patch in Chelsea. I will always remember her happy smile as she
watered her garden. Relaxed and happy.

Anita's allotment was in Chiswick, 7 km away from Chelsea.

Blimey, she must have been keen. I guess allotments space in the Chelsea area don't come up very often.
No mention of Anita's German family attending, but then we've only got very limited information. I wonder what music was played.

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: June 22, 2017 23:46

duke richardson
stone4ever
duke richardson
DandelionPowderman
duke richardson
LongBeachArena72 -

grinning smiley

cool smiley

smiling smiley

Haha that was an over ambitious statement, i guess i'm struggling to think of another famous hell-raising Rocker or actor who hasn't gone the way of rehab.
I find the Ronnie Wood AA meeting rehabers very hypocritical.
Like Ronnie Woods life was one big party and now because he got to old to handle the drink its a bad thing all of a sudden, its not the drink that's the problem its the drinker.

Date: June 23, 2017 00:02

LongBeachArena72
duke richardson
stone4ever
duke richardson
DandelionPowderman
duke richardson
LongBeachArena72 -

grinning smiley

cool smiley

smiling smiley

I'll wager that at 81 the Dalai Lama has lived life on his own terms to at least the same extent that Lemmy did. And also so far as we know he's stayed out of rehab.

Well LB we're talking Rock stars here, Buddhists are another paradigm.

I just meant i can't think of another guy like Lemmy, he lived on a never ending tour bus with his band, he kept bedding women and drinking JD and playing live to the very end, he loved what he did and he did it his way with no apologies or compromises.
I respect that in a man or woman.
Not just that , if you listen to Lemmys interviews and music there was so much more to him than just this hell-raising heavy metal rock star. He was different in the best possible way.
Ok in the last year of his life his hard living lifestyle finally caught up with him but he still carried on playing right up to the very end.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: June 23, 2017 00:22

LongBeachArena72
How is that so? It seems his life has been lived in rigid accordance to a religious doctrine. There's no evidence that the Dalai Lama has ever even had an opinion of his own. I am hard-pressed to imagine what anyone could possibly learn from an eighty-year-old virgin.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: June 23, 2017 00:23

Lemmy had health problems for the last 15 years of his life.
This resulted in cancelled concerts of course.
Unlike many of his contempories he stayed clear of heroin and morphine.

Date: June 23, 2017 00:29

stone4ever
if you listen to Lemmys interviews and music there was so much more to him than just this hell-raising heavy metal rock star. He was different in the best possible way.
Ok in the last year of his life his hard living lifestyle finally caught up with him but he still carried on playing right up to the very end.
It caught up even sooner -- he was a diabetic for the last ten years of his life, and he was worried that his career might be finished because of it. But he soldiered on regardless, taking medication for his blood pressure while still drinking and drugging.

Some people, like John Entwistle, just love partying more than life itself.

Date: June 23, 2017 01:00

stonehearted
stone4ever
if you listen to Lemmys interviews and music there was so much more to him than just this hell-raising heavy metal rock star. He was different in the best possible way.
It caught up even sooner -- he was a diabetic for the last ten years of his life, and he was worried that his career might be finished because of it. But he soldiered on regardless, taking medication for his blood pressure while still drinking and drugging.

Some people, like John Entwistle, just love partying more than life itself.

A bit like yourself Stonehearted, you still enjoying those Stellar's winking smiley

Yeah he had type 2 diabetes, its not diabetes in the true sense, easily cured by a healthy lifestyle, not that Lemmy was interested in changing his lifestyle, but it's cancer that finally got him.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-23 01:10 by stone4ever.

Date: June 23, 2017 01:21

stone4ever
A bit like yourself Stonehearted, you still enjoying those Stellar's winking smiley
I've actually cut back from 10 a night to 8 a night. The longer I live, the longer I get to drink. smiling smiley

Date: June 23, 2017 01:40

stonehearted
LongBeachArena72
How is that so? It seems his life has been lived in rigid accordance to a religious doctrine. There's no evidence that the Dalai Lama has ever even had an opinion of his own. I am hard-pressed to imagine what anyone could possibly learn from an eighty-year-old virgin.

Transcendence, my young American friend. Transcendence.

Or at least the approach thereto.

Date: June 23, 2017 02:33

LongBeachArena72

Oh, you mean that flighty feeling you get beginning with that fourth beer?

Date: June 23, 2017 02:42

stonehearted
stone4ever
I've actually cut back from 10 a night to 8 a night. The longer I live, the longer I get to drink. smiling smiley

Good for you mate, i escalated to a point that i thought this is going to catch up with me some day, so stopped completely. I do miss it but once the habit goes its like anything else, it gets easier.
I think to be a heavy drinker you need to be good at it like you, vanity was my thing, i didn't want to loose my considerable good looks lol. winking smiley

Date: June 23, 2017 03:02

stonehearted
LongBeachArena72

Oh, you mean that flighty feeling you get beginning with that fourth beer?

I don't know. Maybe. Don't ask me. I'm just a pilgrim setting out on a very long journey myself.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: June 23, 2017 03:21

Date: June 23, 2017 03:47

stone4ever
I think to be a heavy drinker
Well, I'm getting to be a heavy drinker -- that is, another 5 pounds and I'll have to by a whole new set of clothes. It isn't so much the beer, but all the late-night post-beer sandwiches and ice cream so I can get a good night's sleep. So I'll be drinking less often and exercising more for a while. Balance -- that's the key.

Date: June 23, 2017 03:48

His Majesty
[www.youtube.com]

smileys with beer
This isn't available in my region due to copyright grounds. Is there a still image you could post, so that one could get the gist?

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 23, 2017 03:56

stonehearted
His Majesty
[www.youtube.com]

smileys with beer
This isn't available in my region due to copyright grounds. Is there a still image you could post, so that one could get the gist?

Same here.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 23, 2017 06:23

stonehearted
stone4ever
Well, I'm getting to be a heavy drinker -- that is, another 5 pounds and I'll have to by a whole new set of clothes. It isn't so much the beer, but all the late-night post-beer sandwiches and ice cream so I can get a good night's sleep. So I'll be drinking less often and exercising more for a while. Balance -- that's the key.

sounded like you've been balancing the beer with the sandwiches...don't mess with sound policy.

Date: June 23, 2017 10:00

treaclefingers
stonehearted
stone4ever

sounded like you've been balancing the beer with the sandwiches...don't mess with sound policy.
Well, I had my 8 beers tonight -- but it's Stella Artois, and that means it's only 11.2 oz a can and not 12 oz so therefore I'm a light drinker.

Anyway, right now I'm having the second of two bacon cheddar chicken burgers, each with 2 slices of vegan cheese -- smoked provolone! Plus some healthy country ketchup for a condiment, and I'm chasing this down with non-GMO orange juice. So I'm sure to rest in peace until about noontime or so.

But, hey, since this is still an RIP thread, I guess, I just wanna address something... Do we really "rest" when we die, and. if so, is it a peaceful rest?

Now "peace" and "rest" -- that implies a state of being, you know, as opposed to being actively disturbed.

I think if I died, and there were still possible states of being such as peace and rest, that I would be resting quite peacefully on a chaise lounge... in a nice open room with lots of sunlight and a view of grass, trees and water. It's certainly more peaceful than being below ground among all those creepy crawly things we spend our lives avoiding.

Well, anyway, food for thought. Perhaps a better initial for an RIP thread would be RFB -- release from being.

Brat Hans markets a lovely chicken burger, by the way. I'd hate to be released from being of these late night post-beer pleasures, I can tell you.

Well, RIP -- oh, I mean, GN (goodnight!).

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: June 23, 2017 10:18

>>>But, hey, since this is still an RIP thread, I guess, I just wanna address something... Do we really "rest" when we die, and. if so, is it a peaceful rest?

If you have ever had dreams about the dead, you see that they do seem to go on in a different sort of life. They are returned to a younger, healthy state compared to their last years.

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: June 23, 2017 11:56

Bliss
>>>But, hey, since this is still an RIP thread, I guess, I just wanna address something... Do we really "rest" when we die, and. if so, is it a peaceful rest?

If you have ever had dreams about the dead, you see that they do seem to go on in a different sort of life. They are returned to a younger, healthy state compared to their last years.

For what I guess, it's well organized there.

My approach of the afterlife is quantitative, "Big Data", journalistic...

Flip through hundreds and hundreds of testimonies in books, most ancient BC, ancien Rome.... Different civilizations, idioms, religions... up now, until my own contacts I had with psychics

What's strikes me is that the "dead" talking to the living always, I mean always, say the same pattern about how organized and hierarchised it is on the other side... In a good sense... You evolve in different steps to get better.. And yes, it seems people there visit between each other (following a certain etiquette) and art exists in its own form.. Various dead musicians talked about "concert" there, for whatever that means

Back to the most important point. It seems very silly, but what strikes me is that, contrary of religions which are competitors between each other, and differ in their legends and stories, words spoken by psychics are always the same. It's a constant pattern on the organization of afterlife.

I would not believe it per se, but these massive testimonies for more than 20 centuries, delivering still the same pattern of afterlife organization make me see different.

I mean: all these identical testimonies from regular folks who do not know each other, who do not speak the same idiom, who lived in different places and ages... It cannot be a gigantic prank

In maths, they call it Reductio ad absurdum: if it were not true, the result would be absurd or impossible

Posted by: z ()
Date: June 23, 2017 12:13

Is there a Rolling Stones message board on the other side?

Date: June 23, 2017 12:23

Bliss

I got good news for you bliss, we don't die, consciousness creates the universe, the universe doesn't create consciousness.
This is an illusionary reality, so just enjoy the ride, it gets better on the other side smiling smiley

Whoops sorry just realized Stonehearted asked the question, this goes out to Stonehearted.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-23 12:37 by stone4ever.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 23, 2017 12:57

I thought this thread was about the passing of Anita Pallenberg .

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: June 23, 2017 13:00

z

There are two. In hell, it's all about who's better Mick Taylor or Ronnie Wood.
In heaven, it's all about Mick's solo work versus Keith's solo work.
There's a rumour some people stay lingering on earth as ghosts, because they can't stand either of those.

Date: June 23, 2017 13:03

TheGreek
I thought this thread was about the passing of Anita Pallenberg .

Yes , and we are explaining that passage winking smiley

Date: June 23, 2017 16:32

matxil
z

There's a rumour some people stay lingering on earth as ghosts, because they can't stand either of those.

This is the most depressing thing I've ever read. Hope I'm a ghost!

Date: June 23, 2017 17:56

LongBeachArena72
matxil
z

This is the most depressing thing I've ever read. Hope I'm a ghost!

I second that emotion. It's bad enough here

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314Next
Current Page: 12 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1734
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home