Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 14
Re: RIP Anita Pallenberg
Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 15, 2017 21:10

Regarding Anita's age, the New York Times posted this at the end of their obit:

Correction: June 14, 2017
An earlier version of this obituary, relying on numerous sources, misstated Ms. Pallenberg’s birth date and age. According to a spokeswoman for Keith Richards, she was born on April 6, 1942, not Jan. 25, 1944, and therefore she was 75, not 73. The error was repeated in the headline.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: June 15, 2017 21:12

Bliss
Yes, 73 isn't bad innings, as we say, considering that she had hepatitis C, which very often leads to cirrhosis and liver cancer.

In a recent post, someone said she was at Redlands to celebrate her granddaughter's birthday, so it seems she died with her whole family around her.

Edited to add - "..Her death was confirmed by a spokeswoman for Keith Richards, the Rolling Stones guitarist, who said Ms. Pallenberg had been ill for some time. Her son, Marlon Richards, said the cause was complications of hepatitis C."

NY Times

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-15 23:51 by Bliss.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: June 15, 2017 21:54

<3

Tweet of Keith
Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: June 14, 2017 19:55

Re: Tweet of Keith
Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: June 14, 2017 22:13

This is what I got:
Sorry, that page doesn’t exist!

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: June 14, 2017 22:17

I got the same error message. If you run a search from that page, it will take you to all of Keith's Tweets.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: June 14, 2017 22:18

Try this.
[twitter.com]

or
[twitter.com]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 14, 2017 22:23

That first tweet didn't include the photographer's credits, so it was deleted and replaced with this new tweet:

[twitter.com]

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: June 14, 2017 22:23

Deltics
Try this.
[twitter.com]

or
[twitter.com]
Those both worked. Thanks!

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: June 14, 2017 22:42

Oh no, i didn't expect that, Keith will be devastated.
RIP Anita

Posted by: HankM ()
Date: June 14, 2017 23:18

Deltics
Try this.
[twitter.com]

or
[twitter.com]

Thank you Deltics and Christiaan

I am surprised how sad I feel about Anita's moving on. It makes no sense for me to feel this way, but... sad smiley

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: June 15, 2017 00:01

I love Keith's description of her as a "Valkyrie" in Life. What a vibrant, fantastic character.

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: June 15, 2017 00:10

What a wonder. What a woman. What a live.

My deepest respect and my heartfelt cheers to you, Anita!

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: June 15, 2017 00:17

tomcasagranda
I love Keith's description of her as a "Valkyrie" in Life. What a vibrant, fantastic character.

I feel like if you with Keith you have to be a pretty fantastic character or you're not making it. I'm not surprised at all.

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: June 15, 2017 00:23

Peace and love to Anita's family and Keith

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 15, 2017 20:52

Keith Richards?Verified account @officialKeef 14m

[twitter.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-15 20:53 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: HankM ()
Date: June 15, 2017 22:53

I agree that 70-80 years old is an OK age to move on... esp for a rock and roller
I am younger than that and I am already starting to feel parts breaking down... dang human body

It makes me feel good for Anita and her family and friends that her people were with her her when she moved on...
and I am happy to read she is receiving the proper love here on IORR

Again, I toast and cheers Anita Pallenberg smileys with beer

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: June 15, 2017 23:01

She was Nellcote's lady. That says too much, her influence on EOMS could have been tremendous

Posted by: Iggyrichards ()
Date: June 15, 2017 23:07

Anita love to me happy
Anita love,
baby wont you keep me
happy

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: June 15, 2017 23:19

[scontent.cdninstagram.com]

Posted by: jp.M ()
Date: June 15, 2017 23:23

..Anita and the Kinks ...fine...

Posted by: chatoyancy ()
Date: June 15, 2017 23:35

Marlon's daughter Ella turned 21 on May 29, 2017. Keith was at Redlands to celebrate, and then he was at British Grove studios for two weeks with the Stones, Don Was, Chuck, etc. Ten years ago Anita told reporters she had hepatitis C. She also had trouble with her hip, she might have had a hip replacement a few years back. Recently she was at several family gatherings at Redlands, including Christmas 2016. Marlon and Angela have homes nearby and Anita spent time with her five grandchildren, even visiting them on family holidays in Turks and Caicos. There was always confusion about her real birthdate, which was April 6, 1942. She explained to me that it was common years ago for a model agency to take a few years off a model's age to attract clients.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: June 16, 2017 00:07

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: June 16, 2017 00:09

Nice one NICOS. Thanks for posting Kinks live watched by Anita. Good stuff!

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: June 16, 2017 00:20

Her age wasn't the only inaccuracy.
It seems she was a actually born in Hamburg, not Rome. I guess for an inspiring model, Rome would look better on your cv.

By the way, the excellent Bob Dylan site EXPECTING RAIN has (15 June) around six Anita links covering her life...sorry can't do the teccie bit.
The UK's Guardian, New York Times,Rolling Stone, Telegraph. Good, balance articles.

Hope in due course a balanced and thorough biography might emerge..but only if her family give approval.

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: June 16, 2017 01:36

Bliss
Bliss
Yes, 73 isn't bad innings, as we say, considering that she had hepatitis C, which very often leads to cirrhosis and liver cancer.

In a recent post, someone said she was at Redlands to celebrate her granddaughter's birthday, so it seems she died with her whole family around her.

Edited to add - "..Her death was confirmed by a spokeswoman for Keith Richards, the Rolling Stones guitarist, who said Ms. Pallenberg had been ill for some time. Her son, Marlon Richards, said the cause was complications of hepatitis C."

NY Times

Its so strange how long hep C lies dormant in the liver then comes out much later in life. Lou Reed, Bowie, etc. I remember Keith saying he had hep C but cured it himself. Would love to know how he did that.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: June 16, 2017 10:20

stone4ever
Bliss
Bliss

NY Times

Its so strange how long hep C lies dormant in the liver then comes out much later in life. Lou Reed, Bowie, etc. I remember Keith saying he had hep C but cured it himself. Would love to know how he did that.

I wouldn't take Keith's quote too literally. His fantasy (or joke) perhaps.
I believe Marianne also has the Hep C condition.

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: June 16, 2017 11:32

and it's another goodbye to another good friend

RIP Anita

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: June 16, 2017 11:41

video: [youtu.be]
Anita Pallenberg at a Kinks concert (1965)

Wow. Just wow.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-16 17:33 by Redhotcarpet.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 16, 2017 11:59

Always loved Anita. The ultimate rock chick. Deeply saddened by her passing. Her era with the Stones produced all the magic music and I can't help think she was a part of it all. At one point they were all trying to impress Anita. Although it is good and classy that she never wrote a book, I get the feeling that she had the best of the Stones stories....now we only have the legend.

peace

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1640
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home