Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: TWENTY YEARS HANGING ON IORR.ORG...
Posted by: Beaver ()
Date: August 10, 2017 19:13

I signed the guestbook in August 1997 and won the guest book draw price, 4 nice glossy photos from the 1995 gig in Stockholm sent to me by BV.
Got one of the pics on the wall in my home office.
My first IORR mag was from July 1995 about the same time I connected online, I guess.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: August 10, 2017 21:07

Thanks, BV!
I am on this site more than 20yrs, I guess. I checked my guestbook entry and that was before 1997 and that was after I registered.
Keep it up - great stuff!

[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: August 10, 2017 21:18

think ive been here 12 years or so.

hopefully the site will remain for a long time after the band are no longer with us.

always found the stones to be a fascinating topic of discussion, from their complicated discography to their concert venue history.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: August 10, 2017 22:05

bv
IORR was actually online in 1995, and the editorial pages have been there since 1995-1996 and are still there like these ones:

[iorr.org]

[iorr.org]

That's incredible, Bjornulf.
I guess I'm a relative newcomer... 2006.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: August 10, 2017 23:36

13 years for me.thumbs up

Here's to the next 13 years.smileys with beer

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: August 11, 2017 01:13

schwonek
Thanks, BV!
I am on this site more than 20yrs, I guess. I checked my guestbook entry and that was before 1997 and that was after I registered.
Keep it up - great stuff!

[www.iorr.org]

I try to check my date signing the guestbook but can not find it....for sure I signed it!!!!!!

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: August 11, 2017 06:22

Absolutely, Joker. I'm buried in Salt of the Earth somewhere. Imagine that.smiling smiley

Posted by: HankM ()
Date: August 11, 2017 08:07

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-11 10:01 by HankM.

Posted by: NoMistake ()
Date: August 11, 2017 09:54

I was a member of IORR in 1983 at the age of 11. The first magazine i received in the mailbox had a picture of Keith and Patti..Bought some photographs and bootlegs from the 81 toursmiling smiley

Date: August 11, 2017 10:22

DandelionPowderman
There are many here who have been around since pre-internet days: 1980, right?

Those are the real veterans thumbs up

I have been around since before the Big Bang too. From the Paper Era. There are few names that I always recognize who been here all though it. I think I have only had two names through it all.
But there are some classics who have come and left; some great, great posters from the past. Anyone recall The Menace of Mayfair?
I always forget the name of the most clever of all ;posters here; he has left us, but he had this real biting wit; knew the Stones inside out. Very funny dude.
Gazza is a very cool dude; the very first guy who ever answered me in a post on line.

Date: August 11, 2017 10:27

Palace Revolution 2000
DandelionPowderman

I have been around since before the Big Bang too. From the Paper Era. There are few names that I always recognize who been here all though it. I think I have only had two names through it all.
But there are some classics who have come and left; some great, great posters from the past. Anyone recall The Menace of Mayfair?
I always forget the name of the most clever of all ;posters here; he has left us, but he had this real biting wit; knew the Stones inside out. Very funny dude.
Gazza is a very cool dude; the very first guy who ever answered me in a post on line.

Turd? The guy with the stories about his mother-in-law? winking smiley

Date: August 11, 2017 10:50

DandelionPowderman
Palace Revolution 2000
DandelionPowderman

No, it was something with 'Todd'

Date: August 11, 2017 10:54

Palace Revolution 2000
DandelionPowderman
Palace Revolution 2000
DandelionPowderman

No, it was something with 'Todd'

StonesTod? Well, he went in Exile...

Date: August 11, 2017 16:27

What about our Brain trust? You know, like Mathijs, Liddas, OpenG? Are they still kicking?

Date: August 11, 2017 16:40

Palace Revolution 2000
What about our Brain trust? You know, like Mathijs, Liddas, OpenG? Are they still kicking?

They're all still here smiling smiley

Posted by: curt ()
Date: August 12, 2017 16:34

Wasn't this site active in '94 ?

Hey Pauly, remember when there was not even Ticketmaster ?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-13 00:38 by curt.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: August 13, 2017 10:46

schwonek
I checked my guestbook entry and that was before 1997

[www.iorr.org]

Thanks for the tip. Really cool that guestbook. I completely forgot.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: August 13, 2017 11:38

LOL! I forgot about the guest book grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-13 15:35 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: August 13, 2017 12:34

14 years next month for me it is... Keep up the great work Björnulf!!! May we stay in business for a long, long time folks!

smileys with beer

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: August 13, 2017 19:33

DandelionPowderman
Palace Revolution 2000
DandelionPowderman

I think it was him that mentioned on the thread "What are you listening to this very second?" and he mentioned his mother in-law.

Posted by: Per-Arne ()
Date: August 14, 2017 04:42

DandelionPowderman

Yes, that's right.
My oldest IORR magazine is from November 1980, and that's no. 1 (The first five numbers was in norwegian)

Per Arne
Member no. 92

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: October 18, 2017 10:10

Palace Revolution 2000
DandelionPowderman

I remember Menace well, and I sometimes wonder what became of him. A real cool guy. Back in 2004 I was living alone and I remember him and I making an appointment for him to call me up. Just to talk Stones and stuff. So I stayed awake and he called me around 4 in the morning. I was in Denmark and he was in the States (Seattle if I’m not mistaking. I think we talked to 30 minutes. It was so cool. I really felt like I’d arrived with other fans you know? He was a big fan of the early 70s tours. I mentioned one Danish boot, and he knew it was Prodigal Sons Tour Mother Europe right off the bat. I was very impressed by that.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: October 18, 2017 11:12

Those who want a peek at the early days of the site can check out Archive.org:

[web.archive.org]

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1737
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home