Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: TWENTY YEARS HANGING ON IORR.ORG...
Posted by: Zagalo ()
Date: June 13, 2017 19:22

Brilliant! Congrats to all who have been on here for 20 years...
...and made it welcome to all - including a mere youngster of 11 years thumbs up

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: June 13, 2017 19:39

Been here as well for the long ride. Other early Stones net places were Undercover and Sticky Fingers Journal.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: June 13, 2017 20:58

How can I imagine a pre-internet iorr? Was it actually meeting for real and hanging around or writing letters or how can I imagine?spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: June 13, 2017 21:22

Five years posting and twenty years hanging around

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: June 13, 2017 21:31

paulywaul
Hah ! I can beat that ! I go back to the time of the pharaohs. Pre-internet ? Pathetic ! Child's play ! Some of us real veterans go back a lot further than that ......

Yeah, I remember you from the 1792 Tour thread. We were both so young...!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 13, 2017 21:32

StonedRambler
How can I imagine a pre-internet iorr? Was it actually meeting for real and hanging around or writing letters or how can I imagine?spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Smoke signals and telepathy.

winking smiley

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: June 13, 2017 21:35

SomeTorontoGirl
paulywaul
Hah ! I can beat that ! I go back to the time of the pharaohs. Pre-internet ? Pathetic ! Child's play ! Some of us real veterans go back a lot further than that ......

Yeah, I remember you from the 1792 Tour thread. We were both so young...!
Were there already so many setlist complaints back then? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: June 13, 2017 22:11

StonedRambler
Were there already so many setlist complaints back then? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Oh yeah! It's a well established, ancient tradition. [iorr.org]

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: June 13, 2017 22:33

I don't know the exact year it must somewhere 1999, one of the first fan site I found on the net...it took some years when I start posting

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 13, 2017 23:08

IORR was actually online in 1995, and the editorial pages have been there since 1995-1996 and are still there like these ones:

[iorr.org]

[iorr.org]

See pages via the "Out Of Time" link on the home page.

Bjornulf

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: June 13, 2017 23:18

No idea as to how long I've strolled through IORR. I know I visited for a few years when I lived back East and, considering I have been in Arizona for the past 12 years, it's been a long time. To steal a line from a Grateful Dead song in regard to the topics, folks and other that have been on and are on IORR: What a long strange trip it's been.

Gracias for all, Bjornulf.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: June 13, 2017 23:18

Wish I could remember my first name on here, but pretty sure I've been a regular visitor since Bridges.

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: June 14, 2017 00:14

My god, I cannot believe that I just realized it's been 20 years for me as well (even though my account says it was created in 2002 for some reason). I remember I got on here right around when the Bridges tour started and still remember reading that review of the first night in Chicago, where it started with something like, "The guitars are up and Chuck is down!". Brings back a flood of memories.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: June 14, 2017 00:52

Adrian-L
best withes to BV & all at IORR

here's to many more years

So glad to see you on here, Adrian.

Love this web site, best ever.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: June 14, 2017 00:52

IORR.org is the best thing on the internet.
I am proud to say that I've wasted more time here than anywhere else.

(Holy shit. Time waits for no one.)

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: June 14, 2017 03:37

Just checked and I have been here 13 years! Who knew?

Thanks to all for the friendship and awesome Stones knowledge!

Just a few run-ins, but overwhelmingly GREAT!

Thanks, bv.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: June 14, 2017 06:41

How could it be 20 years when we are all 25 years old?

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: June 14, 2017 06:52

Well i just got here pretty much. I'm really grateful for this most excellent site; and so many of the cool fans here from waaay back and recent;
and I love hearing fans from latter generations really really into it so much;
and connecting with fans from back in the day is really fun for me too; i really, really appreciate it.
....Congrats BV and the old timers; really learn so much and get so much good music and fun and excellent information;
excellent tips and links to the most incredible stuff I would have certainly missed..smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-14 06:54 by hopkins.

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: June 14, 2017 07:24

In my mind's eye 1000 years from now humanity will have been long gone from the face of the Earth. A spaceship will land and alien archeologists will be digging up ancient hard drives from long-forgotten server rooms. So, just like people study the ancient Greeks and Romans and can identify individuals, the IORR gang will be studied along with this phenomenon called the "Rolling Stones."

It might even become an interesting documentary on the music channel on Sirius Three. grinning smiley

Posted by: RG ()
Date: June 14, 2017 10:51

I am around here since I was 15 years old, now I am 28. Every day I read this page. Don't always answer on topics, but I am very happy with this site. The Stones give me so much and so do you iorr.org! smiling smiley

Thank you very much BV, hope to see you somewhere on the road smileys with beer

Posted by: HankM ()
Date: June 14, 2017 13:13

Date: June 15, 2017 00:57

I remember coming here beginning with the Voodoo tour. I distinctly recall going to Art College library where I was able to access Internet, and being blown away by all the info on new boots.
Started subscribing to IORR newsletter, but I think it was a couple years before I posted.
I saw BV's guest lists from back then. Man, there's some names I hadnt seen in ages. Anyone remember Ulf, the wild man from Sweden?

Actually I now recall that the first interactive Stones page I followed was Undercover. The original on line Stoners.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-15 16:09 by Palace Revolution 2000.

Posted by: Promoman2 ()
Date: June 15, 2017 01:32

At the Vredenburg concert someone told me about this site. I joined the next day.

Thanks BV for keeping teh forum relevant, clean and interesting.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: June 15, 2017 01:36

Cheers smileys with beer

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 15, 2017 02:01

Ulf and his Under Assistant who posted 80kbps wmv's of rare tracks, hell yeah ! I was pleased to see him comment on an FB post the other day actually !

I remember IORR well from the 1996/1997 perdio (still have my old magazines) and especially the coverage of the B2B press conference which I'm pretty sure was posted online with BV sharing the good news that ASMB sounded a bit like Memory Motel ! The 40kbps livestream had stopped before they played the song. Still it was riveting to watch that stream in 1997 from across the world over a 56kbps modem connection ;-)

I don't remember the board as being very active though, was it some kind of linear BBS type of board? At the time RocksOff was more active I think and I spent most my time there until 2010.

Anyway, thanks for hosting this great place bv and for letting everyone share their love of the Stones ! The forum is a real pleasure to use, loads in a jiff and is easy on the eyes.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: June 15, 2017 03:24

liddas
I can remember exactly when I joined/started reading IORR.

Probably sometime in 1999, during the European leg of the No Security tour.

When was the first attempt to restyle the site done? (with that horrible green skin - sorry BV, it WAS awful)

C

me too! SDStonesGuy told me about IORR.org

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 15, 2017 04:36

I discovered IORR via Google when I was searching for a specific bootleg: Brussels Affair, which was posted on the buy/sell/trade forum. I started lurking around for some years until I finally registered here. Since then I've had the pleasure to meet some IORRians on Stones concerts, which was great.

Thanks everybody for the good times and for BV for hosting this place. smileys with beer

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: June 15, 2017 15:27

Eleven years here....seems like yesterday!

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: June 15, 2017 15:37

Since March 2002 (that's the oldest IORR magazine I have, number 43 !). Can't believe it's been 15 years !!!

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: June 15, 2017 16:09

I'm not sure exactly how I got here (ha)
After I agreed to make another attempt to see the RS again
I was online figuring out how.
As a true fan who'd never seen the Stones,
it didn't feel right to post until I finally, finally, had a show.
IRL, if I shared 'I'm a Stones freak' next question is, how many times have you seen them?
Then I stumble mumble oh I had tickets for '81 and '89
but -----
Thru IORR, I read, aquired, and retired my jinx.
I wrote my review for 2015 SD Zip and it was printed by Bjounulf
I had credential now.
smoking smiley
xxoo

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1439
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home