Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
TWENTY YEARS HANGING ON IORR.ORG...
Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: June 13, 2017 11:28

And still satisfied with the institution...

Thanks for all the pleasure, Bjornulf.

Wish us 20 more years ahead.

Re: TWENTY YEARS HANGING ON IORR.ORG...
Date: June 13, 2017 11:30

The Joker

I just passed the 20 years-mark myself smileys with beer

Keep up the good work, Bjørnulf!

Posted by: novica ()
Date: June 13, 2017 11:37

17...and counting thumbs up

well done The Joker,DP ! smileys with beer

Date: June 13, 2017 11:38

There are many here who have been around since pre-internet days: 1980, right?

Those are the real veterans thumbs up

Posted by: novica ()
Date: June 13, 2017 11:45

DandelionPowderman

Hats off !

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: June 13, 2017 13:00

Oh it's an institution alright......well all right!! drinking smileydrinking smiley

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: June 13, 2017 13:07

I discovered the site 4 years ago and I've never closed the page on my iPad since.
Thank you Bjornulf and everyone else here that makes this place a great read.

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: June 13, 2017 13:09

The Joker

How amazing- I hadn't actually thought about it until I read your post and I realized that its been 20 years for me as well. In 1997 I was working in Australia in an office that had one computer for internet use (we couldn't access the net from our work deskttops then, there was only one computer that had access...). when I heard that the Stones were going to tour I went online to try to find out ore about the tour, album and how to get tickets....and I discovered IORR....and I've been here ever since!!

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: June 13, 2017 13:37

I'be been on the IORR-train (website) for twenty years as well.
I'm not a frequent poster but a daily visitor. I'm stunned and impressed over how much knowledge about the Stones some of you have.
And I'm happy I have learnt just a bit of that.

And thank you BV for your work and your site!

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 13, 2017 15:17

Hard to say when I first visited or when I first posted, but I remember vividly reading reports of my first show (Helsinki 1998). The first one is always the most memorable one, eh?

Pretty sure I hung around here as the Stones announced the Bridges tour, with Mick driving the convertible on Brooklyn Bridge. I was 18.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 13, 2017 15:21

20YEARS!!! geeeeez I'm still only a kid around this place ... hope they don't end up hangin' me here ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: June 13, 2017 15:50

Same here...I think I first found this site around '96 or '97. I submitted some show reviews in 2002 and 2003 but didn't start posting on 'Tell Me' until 2004 or so.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: June 13, 2017 15:55

Wow! some lifers here.

Is there some way of seeing when you first joined up?

Date: June 13, 2017 16:00

peoplewitheyes
Wow! some lifers here.

The IORR-server broke down in 2005, and all the logs and info prior to that disappeared, seemingly..

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: June 13, 2017 16:02

Wow! They always said I'd end up in an institution. Who knew it would be so comfy? Thanks for everything, Bjornulf!

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: June 13, 2017 16:05

Well - I started with the analog version on paper here, hehehe ...

Thanks so much for 20 years of cool infos, colorful opinions, finds, likes and many many hours of sharing the fun with all of you!
smileys with beer

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: June 13, 2017 16:08

DandelionPowderman
peoplewitheyes
Wow! some lifers here.

The IORR-server broke down in 2005, and all the logs and info prior to that disappeared, seemingly..
You can click on your name and look at the "Date Registered" field, but as you said, 2005 will be the earliest possible time.

Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure I was posting prior to 2005, but as you said, the server crash wiped those records out.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: June 13, 2017 16:25

best withes to BV & all at IORR

here's to many more years

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: June 13, 2017 16:42

Wow, time flies, I thought I got here 95 or 96..But that's not really important, It's been a great ride. Thanks Bjornulf.

Here's for 20 years more..and hey we have a tour right in front of us.

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: June 13, 2017 17:35

One thing Thats changed since 1997 (and before) is the process of buying tickets - especially for shows in a different country. In 1997 I was in Australia and was trying to get tickets to the Edmonton show. I bought them through Dash tickets over the phone - they also arranged accommodation. And in 1999 I had bougutnticketd for the Boston No Security show by phone as well (had to call at some weird hour from Australia because of the time difference). Now it's much easier just buying tix online - but with a different set of frustrations!!

Posted by: ohotos ()
Date: June 13, 2017 17:59

Back in 1997 my university's library first got internet access and I remember the only pages I visited were IORR and Star Trek related pages! I didn't post back in the day but was certainly a regular visitor.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: June 13, 2017 18:00

DandelionPowderman
peoplewitheyes
Wow! some lifers here.

It's ok! we all know who stuck through the thick and thin! And there are those who we simply don't know what happened to them- That is the downside of the internet world or any community forum.

Although we all now communicate via the internet, nothing beats just seeing one in person and actually know. Yeah the internet , texting, etc... is great but what counts is people actually meeting and getting together instead of just talking about about life or any topic on modern communication devices.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: June 13, 2017 18:13

I can remember exactly when I joined/started reading IORR.

Probably sometime in 1999, during the European leg of the No Security tour.

When was the first attempt to restyle the site done? (with that horrible green skin - sorry BV, it WAS awful)

C

Date: June 13, 2017 18:36

liddas
I can remember exactly when I joined/started reading IORR.

Probably sometime in 1999, during the European leg of the No Security tour.

When was the first attempt to restyle the site done? (with that horrible green skin - sorry BV, it WAS awful)

C

Shh... Some posters are still using that template smiling smiley

Not me, though.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 13, 2017 18:36

Been hanging around since '02 - my original screen name was Dr. FrankenStone.
And then when the server crashed and everything was erased, I came up with a new name and have been spitting out "hairballs" left and right ever since. winking smiley

Here's to 20 more years of IORR - might have to dig up my IORR t-shirt to celebrate! smileys with beer

Thanks Bjornulf!

________________________________________________________________________________
edit: now that I think about it, not sure about being "Dr. FrankenStone" here lol...I know I used that on another site for a short time, so assuming I also used it here.
(bv might have the info. in some old classified pre-crash archives).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-13 18:51 by Hairball.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 13, 2017 18:50

DandelionPowderman
peoplewitheyes
Wow! some lifers here.

It was NOT a breakdown. It was a controlled PURGE i.e. I deleted all posts older than 1-2 years because some people started quoting old posts. So the database was purged on purpose. Leter on I do agree that it was not ideal, but it saved my life for a while. Internet is a zoo and it there are too many monkeys around you need to build barriers. These days I spend more time closing threads and moderating and cleaning up if someone quote threads that are say five years old. By tyhe way I do have a backup somewhere of the old database before it was purged but life is too short to moderate and manage two million IORR visitors at all times. Enjoy!

Bjornulf

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: June 13, 2017 18:53

DandelionPowderman

Hah ! I can beat that ! I go back to the time of the pharaohs. Pre-internet ? Pathetic ! Child's play ! Some of us real veterans go back a lot further than that ......

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 13, 2017 18:54

bv
It was NOT a breakdown. It was a controlled PURGE i.e. I deleted all posts older than 1-2 years because some people started quoting old posts.

Now wondering how or why I had to come up with a new username? Perhaps it was a choice after forgetting my password? Or was all of that erased along with the "purge"?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-13 18:56 by Hairball.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 13, 2017 18:57

Every time I try to change something like the background color or the front page then there is a massive cry for getting back to the original style so IORR pretty much looks like it was made digitally 20 years ago. It is weired really because my professional business is to help digital customers improving their sites through analytics, still my own site IORR is running 100% by the members telling their opinion. Well we are non-commercial so no worries. If you don't like the background color or the old age style home page layout then fine with me.

Bjornulf

Posted by: z ()
Date: June 13, 2017 19:04

Hairball
bv
It was NOT a breakdown. It was a controlled PURGE i.e. I deleted all posts older than 1-2 years because some people started quoting old posts.

Now wondering how or why I had to come up with a new username? Perhaps it was a choice after forgetting my password? Or was all of that erased along with the "purge"?

I think users indeed had to re-register.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1833
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home