Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT - Twin Peaks
Posted by: JohnnyBGoode ()
Date: May 30, 2017 00:35

Any fans of the show, both old and new? Getting ready to stream the first four episodes of the new season. Glad it's back!

Re: OT - Twin Peaks
Posted by: Milan ()
Date: May 30, 2017 00:47

Twin Peaks rules.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: May 30, 2017 01:48

The original series was fantastic,haven't seen any of the new series yet.

Nate

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: May 30, 2017 02:03

Got to be watched. Great music too.

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: May 30, 2017 02:13

One of the greatest shows ever.

Date: May 30, 2017 02:27

The scenes with Bob scared the crap out of me when I was a kid. Blue Velvet scared me more than The Shining!

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: May 30, 2017 03:39

So funny to see this posted...I JUST started watching the first season on Amazon Prime last week due to the new Showtime series premiering.

I had been meaning to catch up on Twin Peaks for a long time but never got around to it. I'm three episodes in and hooked. Such a fantastic, rich set of quirky characters. I'll have to avoid this thread for fear of spoilers.

Date: May 30, 2017 06:08

JohnnyBGoode
The scenes with Bob scared the crap out of me when I was a kid. Blue Velvet scared me more than The Shining!
I honestly can't believe this show aired on ABC in 1990. Talk about ahead of its time.

Even after only three episodes, I can see Twin Peaks' influence on SO many shows from the recent "golden age" of TV from the past 15 years.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: May 30, 2017 06:19

i'm still afraid of Bob.

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: May 30, 2017 12:13

I can't wait to see it. I hope soon it will be broadcast in Spain (and not dubbed...). One of the best series ever and Lynch is uniquely talented in giving the creeps.

Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: May 30, 2017 16:33

Can anyone tell me what the @#$%& is going on in this show !?! VERY dream-like and Kafkaesque.

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: May 30, 2017 16:46

If the drop-off in quality between seasons 2 and 3 is anything like the decline from the magnificent season 1 to the dreadful (and largely Lynch-less) season 2, then season 3 will prove to be the worst television show of all time.

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: May 30, 2017 19:23

I loved season 1 AND season 2...Season 3 is like neither of them (I have seen 3 out of the first 4 episodes) and I'm enjoying it thoroughly. Just sit back and enjoy it for what it is, and definitely pay close attention. No bathroom breaks without hitting pause.

Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: May 30, 2017 19:25

LongBeachArena72
If the drop-off in quality between seasons 2 and 3 is anything like the decline from the magnificent season 1 to the dreadful (and largely Lynch-less) season 2, then season 3 will prove to be the worst television show of all time.

I'm with you on season 2, but I've seen some positive reviews so far for season 3 (not that I've seen much because I want to avoid spoilers).

Date: May 31, 2017 00:10

Damn good coffee!

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: May 31, 2017 00:25

MarthaTuesday
LongBeachArena72

I'm with you on season 2, but I've seen some positive reviews so far for season 3 (not that I've seen much because I want to avoid spoilers).

I'm sure I'll ck it out. I'm a big Lynch fan and supposedly he's VERY involved this time around ... I think he directed all eps, right?

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: May 31, 2017 00:27

I tried watching it last night and after about 15 minutes I gave up....I switched to the new Showtime series "I'm Dying Up Here" which I thought was fantastic.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-31 00:29 by Woz.

Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: May 31, 2017 00:49

LongBeachArena72

I'm sure I'll ck it out. I'm a big Lynch fan and supposedly he's VERY involved this time around ... I think he directed all eps, right?

That's what I heard. I know I'll have to check it out too at some point.

Date: May 31, 2017 00:51

Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: June 1, 2017 00:54

I'm guessing the main character ( agent Cooper? ) is dead and comes back from "the other side" to solve the decapitation murder. Does that sound about right ?

Date: June 1, 2017 02:42

No spoilers, thanx.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: June 1, 2017 07:20

Without giving spoilers I think it's safe to say Agent Cooper is back, but don't know if he's dead or not. Interesting show!

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: June 1, 2017 08:18

Nice to see so many fans of Twin Peaks here. I have a love for the show that dates back to the airing of the very first episode 27 years ago. I had NO idea what to expect when I found out it was finally coming back, but so far I am delighted with it. It's both very familiar and very different from the original 2 seasons. But with Lynch directing and co-writing all 18 episodes, I can't wait to see the next 14.

Heell-oooo-ooooo!

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: June 1, 2017 10:00

It was great fun watching Twin Peaks in the past, great music and location shots close to the Canadian border,I must have been close to that area while travelling in 75 and yes I'm looking forward the new episodes.

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: June 1, 2017 17:49

I was RIGHT in that area (NW Washington state) during the summer of 1991, and went to college in Orono, Maine in 1990... I remember being particularly amused the summer before when I visited campus for the first time at how similar Orono, Maine seemed to be to the fictional town of Twin Peaks. It was a gray, breazy day and the stoplights were swinging and everything! Pat's Pizza is a diner-style establishment that's been around for 50+ years.. I ordered a slice of pie, I couldn't help myself. I think it was still in the middle of the first season of T.P. when I noticed this.

Lynch and his team did such a fabulous job of creating a real sense of place and familiarity with their fictional small town. Every new place is mysterious, but off in the sticks in places like Maine, Washington state and Alaska, etc, things can seem pretty weird, and the locals have their quirks. I also love the otherworldly stuff that the story took us into-- I've always been entertained (and a bit spooked) by the idea of a sort of hellish eternal realm of existence. Boy does Lynch know how to portray that psychedelic nightmare so well!

I'll shut up now, but it is fun to reflect on what might be the most interesting TV show of all time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-01 17:50 by Tate.

Date: June 1, 2017 19:33

The fact that the original run was only 30 episodes and is still being talked about today is quite a feat. Went back and watched the final episode of the original run, damn, Lynch knows how to direct. Perfect episode!

It's funny, when a movie was announced, most fans thought he would follow up the show and conclude the series, but, David Lynch being David Lynch makes a prequel.
I have watched the first four episodes and I am beyond excited for the rest of the season.

I badly want to go to the Twin Peaks Festival next year!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-01 20:07 by JohnnyBGoode.

Date: June 2, 2017 04:34

Interesting...[welcometotwinpeaks.com]

Date: June 13, 2017 03:07

Watched Blue Velvet last night for the first time in a few years. More frightening than The Shinning. The twins from The Shining ain't got nothing on Frank Booth! Blue Velvet acts like a prequel to Twin Peaks. I've read fan theories suggesting Bob possessed Frank Booth.

Might watch Wild at Heart tonight.

Date: June 13, 2017 03:25

JohnnyBGoode
Watched Blue Velvet last night for the first time in a few years. More frightening than The Shinning. The twins from The Shining ain't got nothing on Frank Booth! Blue Velvet acts like a prequel to Twin Peaks. I've read fan theories suggesting Bob possessed Frank Booth.

The scene with Dean Stockwell lip-syncing In Dreams into the shop lamp is unforgettable.

There's another theory that Agent Cooper is Kyle MacLachlan's character from Blue Velvet all grown up.

Date: June 13, 2017 03:37

keefriff99
JohnnyBGoode

The scene with Dean Stockwell lip-syncing In Dreams into the shop lamp is unforgettable.

There's another theory that Agent Cooper is Kyle MacLachlan's character from Blue Velvet all grown up.

Now that's a damn good theory! It's amazing the similarities with Twin Peaks. Blue Velvet is on Amazon Prime. Not sure about Netflix.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1379
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home