Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The Complete British Radio Broadcasts Volume 1 1963 - 1964
Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: May 26, 2017 08:37

The Rolling Stones - The Complete British Radio Broadcasts Volume 1 1963 - 1964

(180g Red Coloured LP in Hand Numbered Sleeve with Insert)

Available here

[www.spincds.com]

Re: The Complete British Radio Broadcasts Volume 1 1963 - 1964
Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: May 26, 2017 09:26

Another public domain release. Just visit nearby records retailer or store like FNAC and you'll find quite a few more.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: May 26, 2017 10:00

I could never understand why a stand alone official 'Stones at the Beeb' was never released.
The Beatles (of course), The Kinks, Led Zep and no doubt others all had tracks put out..and were commercially successful.
It obviously required some agreement with the band/ABKCO/BBC ...and for the last 15 years that shouldn't have been too difficult.
Now we have these public domain releases....is that really what Mick wanted?

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: May 26, 2017 16:10

Well that is probably the same stuff I have 3-5x on various bootleg boxes, but this release looks really nice - better than an official release perhaps.

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: May 26, 2017 22:39

It's possibly not that financially important to the band, wouldn't the songs be covers?

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: May 27, 2017 00:49

I'd like to hear a clear/clean version of Reeling and Rocking. The version I've heard on bootlegs isn't too clear compared to some of the other Stones BBC songs.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: May 27, 2017 01:26

DGA35
I'd like to hear a clear/clean version of Reeling and Rocking. The version I've heard on bootlegs isn't too clear compared to some of the other Stones BBC songs.

Which is only one of the reasons why we need an officially sanctioned release taken from the original BBC recordings.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: May 27, 2017 01:51

The moment has passed on these recordings, years ago.
The only logical reason to release them, would be to present it in the way the band want it. There was talk of it as early as 1995 and both Jody Klein and Ronnie Wood has talked in positives of a release. Unfortunately, the years passed on by and the recordings has become public domain. That means they can only earn money from it on sales, not on publishing.

However, there are much more interesting things in sight, as there is apparently a sixties vault-release coming up. And it's officially sanctioned by ABKCO and the band. Watch this space...

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 27, 2017 03:02

When this 7" was released on Grrr! Superdeluxe edition I thought they would open their archives and include other BBC recordings. Sadly they didn't.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: May 27, 2017 11:04

Blueranger
The only logical reason to release them, would be to present it in the way the band want it. There was talk of it as early as 1995 and both Jody Klein and Ronnie Wood has talked in positives of a release. Unfortunately, the years passed on by and the recordings has become public domain. That means they can only earn money from it on sales, not on publishing.

However, there are much more interesting things in sight, as there is apparently a sixties vault-release coming up. And it's officially sanctioned by ABKCO and the band. Watch this space...

Aah, that would be great if it happens!

RE ROYALTIES: Isn't it the other way round? ie
-Income from public domain recordings does not pass to the musicians
-Whereas the composers (and their Estates) of the individual tracks receive income for the period of the copyright...so publishing income may accrue for 70 years AFTER the writer's demise.

Posted by: MrEcho ()
Date: May 27, 2017 12:08

jlowe
Blueranger

Aah, that would be great if it happens!

RE ROYALTIES: Isn't it the other way round? ie
-Income from public domain recordings does not pass to the musicians
-Whereas the composers (and their Estates) of the individual tracks receive income for the period of the copyright...so publishing income may accrue for 70 years AFTER the writer's demise.

You are correct about the royalties (in the EU) [see Directive 2011/77/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 September 2011]. Compositions are protected for life of author + 70 years.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-27 12:10 by MrEcho.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2080
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home