Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Do security concerns affect your future concert attendance?
Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: May 25, 2017 16:41

Nope.

Posted by: spain73 ()
Date: May 25, 2017 17:02

straycatuk
The first thing my wife said on seeing the Manchester news was " Can we go to the last Paris show ? - We can't let those b**tards win "

I got tickets today

sc uk

thumbs up

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: May 25, 2017 18:19

NO! Terrorist win when we live our lives in fear. Keep on keeping on!

Posted by: Tuna44 ()
Date: May 25, 2017 18:23

Nope.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: June 10, 2017 15:24

I applaud you all for your courage, but recent events have definitely made me reconsider my participation in large crowds. I am in France right now and do not think the risk is worth it.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: June 10, 2017 17:33

Bliss
I applaud you all for your courage, but recent events have definitely made me reconsider my participation in large crowds. I am in France right now and do not think the risk is worth it.

I'm sorry Bliss. Obviously I don't know you, but your reviews in the past and little snippets in posts allude you are a traveler- I hope you are satisfied by all the adventures you've fortunately experienced. I guess we all have to go with our intuition.
I've indicated I am not a traveler, nor do I feel comfortable in large crowds.
Nonetheless I am going to Europe for my 1st time in October, perhaps my one off chance here at this age makes me put it up to fate/ I'm gonna roll.

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: June 10, 2017 17:57

Yes.
I would stay away from large crowds and known targets if the authorities do not do more to protect us. There are known terrorists operating in England on watch lists who need to be deported in order to protect the people.

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: June 10, 2017 18:10

depends on who's playing

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 10, 2017 21:16

Bliss

Regular gigs are most probably OK but I'd stay home on the June 21 "fĂȘte de la musique"/"national music day".

Posted by: IrisC ()
Date: June 10, 2017 22:17

Then they win! @#$%& them!

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: June 10, 2017 23:32

dcba
Bliss

Regular gigs are most probably OK but I'd stay home on the June 21 "fĂȘte de la musique"/"national music day".

Yes, this is on my mind. It would be the first time in 7 years that I have missed it. I am in Biarritz now. I am thinking about attending in a smaller village.

Date: June 11, 2017 17:07

Nope.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: June 11, 2017 17:07

Not at all. In fact, I just took a job at heinz field. U2 just came thru and it was a good concert for being a average fan.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: June 12, 2017 01:00

IrisC
Then they win! @#$%& them!

It takes more to win over them than just carrying on as if nothing has happened.

Posted by: satisfaction2 ()
Date: June 12, 2017 13:58

NO!

Date: June 12, 2017 14:03

LongBeachArena72
depends on who's playing

grinning smiley

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: June 13, 2017 00:49

No - and if my life came to an end at a Rolling Stones concert at least I will go out doing what I enjoy!

Date: June 13, 2017 08:13

Lynd8
No - and if my life came to an end at a Rolling Stones concert at least I will go out doing what I enjoy!

Well said smileys with beer

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 13, 2017 08:16

i always wear my wallet in my front pocket, so i don't get pick pocketed, so i guess 'yes' is the answer.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 13, 2017 15:33

If I have a Stones ticket in my hand that is all that matters to me .I know some people that make excuses about this and that and then try to justify there nonsense with if 2015 was the last time then isn't that enough ? No it is never enough .I suspect there real reason is money and or there boss (wife ) telling them no you can't go for whatever lame reason like a car payment or a mortgage payment or were going on a month long vacation or the Stones are old or on and on .Speaking of the most recent last time Buffalo ,Rich Stadium, July 2015 ,nice show , nice people , club box seats with food and beverage without having to wait in long lines and a nice Stones concert with a nice version of CYHMK which Ronnie Wood really shined on .

Posted by: Phil Good ()
Date: June 13, 2017 16:05

No , 'cause I stopped going to the big arena concerts after seeing the Stones in 2009. It just became boring to me. I coudn't stand to see/hear them perform'Miss You' for the 1,000,000,000 ........... time.
After every tour they come up with a set of good DVDs and I can skip songs I don't like. I still go to small venues watching a good old or young Blues guitarist.
But never would attend a Stones arena-concert again. And that has nothing to do with security.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: June 13, 2017 16:09

TheGreek
If I have a Stones ticket in my hand that is all that matters to me .I know some people that make excuses about this and that and then try to justify there nonsense with if 2015 was the last time then isn't that enough ? No it is never enough .I suspect there real reason is money and or there boss (wife ) telling them no you can't go for whatever lame reason like a car payment or a mortgage payment or were going on a month long vacation or the Stones are old or on and on .Speaking of the most recent last time Buffalo ,Rich Stadium, July 2015 ,nice show , nice people , club box seats with food and beverage without having to wait in long lines and a nice Stones concert with a nice version of CYHMK which Ronnie Wood really shined on .
Hi, I'm punctuation. Not sure we've ever met...

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 13, 2017 17:58

keefriff99
TheGreek
Hi, I'm punctuation. Not sure we've ever met...
No , it's good enough for you . Have a nice day smiling smiley

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 13, 2017 19:03

I will go to concerts as long as I am able to walk. If you are worried about getting killed or to die then follow this list of to-do's:

- Take the train or bus and not your own car
- Stop smoking and drinking
- Live healthy and slim down

But you know life is too short. We will continue driving our cars, drinking & dancing, eating candy and sweets, and climbing dangerous hills. Withour risk life is pretty boring. The adrenaline needs to run at times.

Bjornulf

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: June 13, 2017 19:25

security can be a pain in the butt, but in the world we live in, theres no other option.

im off to paris in 4 weeks, and expect tough security, safety for me and my family is the most important thing.

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: June 13, 2017 21:34

The odds of me dying in a car accident are infinitely higher than those of me being the victim of a terrorist attack. So, no.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-13 21:34 by mnewman505.

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: June 13, 2017 21:47

No, all of the concerts I will be attending coming up are in small clubs or theaters so there should be little risk of terrorism.

I do worry a little about my wife though as she is an Airline flight attendant and travels to London, Paris and Amsterdam on a regular basis.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: June 14, 2017 22:49

nope. not in the least. not a tiny bit. other than what oppressive nonsense pat downs i suppose some venues and demographics may be using; or weird non-professional security peeps. mostly they are pretty pro tho. as for 'tewwoism' boo!!! and all that; don't get me wrong i hate violence of any kind; it's evil dispicable and horrifying; i just think basically weird about caving into anything 'popular' enough to satisfy the 'if it bleeds it leads' stuff in a news cycle. Not that horrors shouldn't be repsonsibly covered and reported...but it becomes almost like peeps sorta get a sick charge out of exploiting it; the 'news' shows with dramarama graphics and all that; they do get off on those 'special bulletins' and try to scoop each other; it's maudlin....it's terrible enough nuts pop up with sickness; it's hard to know what is being honestly reported sourced and how...so i just think it's unhealthy for rock and rollers to cave to that shit. be proud be loud have a ball; never cave to terror bullshit; @#$%& them...smileys with beer

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: July 7, 2017 01:04

Not exactly terrorism per se but Sweden seems to be throwing in the towel for one annual event regarding being able to provide security for female attendees. Really a shame.

[www.spin.com]

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: July 7, 2017 01:15

It's the crowd that scares me................and some stupid bands................and a lot of crazy fans who scares me the most

Altamont looks like a tea party.........

[www.youtube.com]

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1982
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home