Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 4 of 10
Re: Your First Rolling Stones Concert
Posted by: rocksaurus ()
Date: September 9, 2005 18:32

Detroit - Pontiac Silverdome - 1981 With Santana and Iggy Pop. Poor Iggy got booed off the stage.

Posted by: John sassian ()
Date: September 9, 2005 18:50

18 & 20 july 2003 Sweden Stadion and Globen and it was amazingly fanastic!!!!!!!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 9, 2005 18:59

Edith_Grove Wrote:
> > Vodoo Lounge, Paris, 1 july 1995, under the
> > rain!!!
> >
> > "got to be worked on
> > don't have no bark nor bite..."
>
>
> Yes You are right the rain was flooding down !!!
> Do you know that Bono and The Edge should have
> joined the Stones on stage this night...but
> because of rain they withdraw !!!

Really? First I heard of it..I'm surprised because theyre not really the type who the Stones would pick to jam with.

I was at that show too (and the day before). They were great fun for different reasons. First day, which was about the hottest day of the year, I managed to get a VIP pass and got my pic taken with Jerry Hall and then Darry Jones. The second day was that incredible rainstorm. After ten minutes, no one cared and just accepted they were going to get drenched. The only minus point on the two shows were the fact that my least favourite band (Bon Jovi) were opening for my favourite band and that on the 2nd night I was obliged to stand in a crowd and watch them. Thank God the Stones didnt ask THEM to join them onstage. I'd probably have walked out....!

Posted by: Local27 ()
Date: September 9, 2005 19:23

Amen Gazza!

"I'm the bleeding volcano"

Posted by: bruno ()
Date: September 9, 2005 19:41

Madird, June 16, 1990.

I was 16 and made a 600 km train trip with a friend. We stayed at my aunt's home. Blown away with Midnight Rambler...

[There'll be no wedding today...]

Posted by: Rev. Robert W. ()
Date: September 9, 2005 20:01

Shea Stadium, "Newwww Yaawwwkkk Citaayyyy," 26 October, 1989

A perfect Indian Summer evening. Nineteen years old, down from college with girlfriend. It was her first rock'n'roll show of any kind, ever. Nowhere to go but down from the Stones...

I was thrilled that they did "Dead Flowers," but I was happy to see them at all after the '86 "breakup." I was exhausted after "JJF." Then the fireworks show...

It's been twenty more since that beautiful night.

"Hail, Hail Rock'n'Roll"

Posted by: ifucantrockme ()
Date: September 9, 2005 20:05

1981 Rosemont Horizon

Posted by: RichardC ()
Date: September 9, 2005 20:07

Göteborg Liseberg 1970

Date: September 9, 2005 22:25

TUSCALOOSA ALABAMA 1972 w/ lil stevie wonder and a female gospel trio

I was all of the tender age of 4 (!!!!) but I still have memories of Mick coming out on stage during "Brown Sugar" and the place going apeshit. Also sitting on my dad's shoulders for YCAGWYW (his fave stones song i thinks)....and oddly enough, my only other "real" memory was a guy being thrown out between stevie and the stones because he was so excited he jumped on the stage. I remember people around us saying "Oh, man, all that just to get thrown out before the stones come on". Oh, well - it was the height of the hippie era in Alabama, so the guy was probably just blazing on some bathtub Orange Sunshine or something.

Date: September 10, 2005 00:08

May 30, 1990 Köln/Cologne

Date: September 10, 2005 00:36

Stones and U2? Remember Aragon Ballroom, Chicago in 2003; that awfull duet on It's Only Rock and Roll

Date: September 10, 2005 00:39

Gazza Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Really? First I heard of it..I'm surprised because
> theyre not really the type who the Stones would
> pick to jam with.

Maybe there's a reason why...... remember Aragon Ballroom, Chicago in 2003; that awfull duet with Bono on It's Only Rock and Roll. Not something you want to do more often....

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 10, 2005 01:09

well..that was just Bono (2002 actually)...not Bono & The Edge..talented as they are, I just cant see both of them fitting into a Stones show. That said, Keith of course has guested with U2.

and as that Chicago gig was after the rumoured Paris guest appearance by several years, any regrets they may have had about that particular cameo (if they had any, which I doubt) wouldnt have made any difference anyway

personally, I liked that version of IORR (with a few lines of Goin to A Go Go).

Posted by: tussler ()
Date: September 10, 2005 01:11

Baboon bro!
I`m a bit sureprized. I thougt you had been on several concerts with Stones.
Well if my dreams come through you have to visit Trondheim,but it`s more reasonablethat they come to Gøteborg.
Ps. Rosenborg won 4-0 against Gøteborg.

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: September 10, 2005 02:39

Tour of america's. Buffalo aud 1975

Posted by: gmanp ()
Date: September 10, 2005 05:17

!972, Nashville Municipal Auditorium, Stevie Wonder opened.
Stood behind the stage, right above Keith - mesmerised when Midnite Rambler was played.

Posted by: 4tylix ()
Date: September 10, 2005 05:21

September 25th 1981 - US Tour opener

Was on the field...when Mick was on the cherrypicker 50(?) feet above me, I hoped some of the water he dropped on the crowd would hit me...no luck, but what a moment!

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: September 10, 2005 05:39

July 10, 1975, LA Forum.
That lotus stage was something else.
I've said it many times, but it's the best stage they've ever had.

Posted by: rovalle ()
Date: September 10, 2005 05:49

11-8-69 inglewood forum....two shows on my 19th birthday and now i have tickets for the hollywood bowl on my 55th birthday...where the hell DOES the time go???

Date: September 10, 2005 13:12

September 12th 1970 - Copenhagen

see my ticket here : [www.stonesvikings.com] smiling smiley

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: September 10, 2005 14:51

My first Stones gig was my first REAL concert ever (had seen several Jimmie Dale Gilmore & Joe Ely gigs...but they are friends of the family, so as a kid...it was just being there & seeing nice guys make loud noise (hurt my ears...funny story...nm). I was 13 yo & it was 1989 in Oakland (the first gig...where they donated $ for the earthquake). I didn't know all the songs, but new most...& loved em. I stood on my chair (I recall 1st section off the floor center stage) and remember the woman behind me all pissed off about it. I was a smart-ass kid, and knowing if I stood on the floor I'd see nothing, I told her to stand on her chair & to pipe down) and rocked out all night...it was an amazing high. Also, I remember Keef coming out to sing & asking my mother why they were letting the guitar player sing (of course at that age I wanted the band as they are...greatest front man ever out there). She told me they always let him do a couple of songs...I recall not knowing Happy...but really digging it...I also remember 2000 Light Years & thinking it wasn't rock enough & too trippy...but man I loved that gig. At that age I did not know bands did multiple gigs in one town. I saw that the Stones were playing 2 nights later (I think that is right) and begging my mother for us to go...to no avail. Man that was a hot gig...I just felt...again...like I was apart of something. Later that year I was asked by a schoolmate what my favorite band was. No hesitation (this was the first time I was ever asked this)...The Rolling Stones. These guys loved Metallica...but they all nodded...hey, what can you say...if you really do like rock n' roll...the Stones are the Stones...can't say a bad word about it...but I've always been a bit old for my age.

Not that it matters...but 2nd ever gig was AC/DC at Cow Palace, 3rd was G. Dead at Oakland Arena, 4th, AC/DC again...not a bad start...for a kid.

Posted by: WAYNEPA ()
Date: September 10, 2005 15:43

Fourth of July weekend, 1966 at Asbury Park, New Jersey Convention Hall. Ist band the Tradewinds, next the Standells, from Boston (Dirty Water), next was the McCoys (Fever, Hang On Sloopy), then the Stones. I can still see Brian sitting on the edge of the stage...can still hear all the girls screaming "Brian".

Posted by: TeleK ()
Date: September 10, 2005 15:52

my first was
14.02.1990 Tokyo - Steel Wheels Tour

followed by these:

02.06.1990 Munich - Urban Jungle Tour
03.06.1990 Munich - Urban Jungle Tour
03.08.1995 Munich - Voodoo Lounge Tour
19.08.1995 Hockenheim Ring - Voodoo Lounge Tour
13.07.1998 Munich - Bridges to Babylon
04.06.2003 Munich - Licks Tour - Olympiahalle
06.06.2003 Munich - Licks Tour - Olympiastadion
08.06.2003 Munich - Licks Tour - Cirkus Krone

-----------------------------------------------------
Oh, give me the beat, boys, and free my soul
I wanna get lost in your rock and roll and drift away

Posted by: R ()
Date: September 10, 2005 16:15

Cleveland '75.

Not much good happened in Cleveland in those days but June 14 was an exception.

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: September 10, 2005 16:19

My first Stones concert was on May 7, 1965 in Clearwater, Florida...later that night Keith awoke in his hotel room and recorded the main riff from Satisfaction.smiling smiley The show was stopped after four songs when some fans caused a mini-riot!

Posted by: canadian.sway ()
Date: September 10, 2005 16:29

Toronto 2002- Skydome- Licks Tour
Im a young guy, wish i could have said i had seen them sooner

Posted by: elvisloose ()
Date: September 10, 2005 17:38

Munich 10. June 1982
it was hot hot hot

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: September 10, 2005 18:23

Edith_Grove Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wild Slivovitz Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Vodoo Lounge, Paris, 1 july 1995, under the
> > rain!!!
> >
> > "got to be worked on
> > don't have no bark nor bite..."
>
>
> Yes You are right the rain was flooding down !!!
> Do you know that Bono and The Edge should have
> joined the Stones on stage this night...but
> because of rain they withdraw !!!
> I always remember Keith saying "This is called the
> Worst...appropriate ? (laugh) !"
>
> My first concert : Paris 13rd June 1982. "Madame
> la Concierge"...it was also raining all day long
> and just stopped before the Stones went on stage
> !
>

I don't remember Keith's presentation on the Worst, but thanks for telling, it's hilarious (like the one for Sleepin' Away in Four Flicks: "this is Sleepin Away - just like me")!!! Keith's so funny!

I have to be glad it had been raining, otherwive I would have seen both Bon Jovi and Bono & The Edge in a Stones concert (my first one...), and that would have been way too much!!!

Posted by: mba ()
Date: September 10, 2005 18:39

July 4, 1978 in Rich Stadium in Buffalo with 90,000 drunk and drug-addled fans. Tickets were $20 (yes..$20 bucks). I still have my ticket stub along with all of the other 18 ticket stubs from the other shows I've seen.

No reserved seats and the gates opened at about 8 a.m. in the morning. People had brought tons of booze and they were confisicating anything that was in glass bottles as you entered the stadium. As a result, people were guzzling whatever they had at 8 a.m. (on empty stomachs) and desperately trying to sell the excess to the other people in line.

I recall the opening acts consisted of Journey, The Average White Band and a few other bands. Hot and humid as hell. People were totally wasted and passed out everywhere. A good number of them never even saw the Stones. I recall they came on in the early evening and played for about 90 minutes. Rather boring stage with Mick prancing about in his football (American football) pants.

I'm sure that there many fans have no recollection of the Stones at all.

Posted by: Macman15 ()
Date: September 10, 2005 18:48

Elmo Lewis and I share the same first Stones Concert experience....Oct 25, 1981 Orlando, Florida...still looking for a recording of the Van Halen performance (That was back in the day in which they were actually a decent band)!

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 4 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2069
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home