Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 2 of 10
Re: Your First Rolling Stones Concert
Posted by: frankie ()
Date: September 8, 2005 23:55

first show: shea stadium new york city oct 26 1989 first time flying, first time U.S., first and second time rolling stones. unforgettable, had the time of my life and I'm happy I went cause the european leg of the tour wasn't that great.

Posted by: veronus ()
Date: September 9, 2005 00:14

Rotterdam 4 june 1982 I was leaning against the stage, GREAT!!!!

Posted by: mark ()
Date: September 9, 2005 00:16

Vancouver, 72 opener, 5 from front, dead center (in my face 72)

Posted by: mudbone ()
Date: September 9, 2005 00:19

1994, I woke up, put on the radio and heared the dj saying the stones are giving a concert in nijmegen ( Netherlands) I didn;t even know they were in The country. I had no ticket but decided to skip school and hop on a train to the venue. At the station there were busses that took you to the place of the concert,'goffert park'. I had caught the stones vrus a couple of years bqack and was really excited to be even in the same area as my heroes. But still, as i took my place in the bus I realized I probably wouldn't get it in. I only had about 50 guldens in my pocket, wich is about 25 dollars or euro's.

When the bus stopped i was the first to get out. Right in front of me on the pavement stood an old man in a raincoat with a long grey beard and a sign saying: one ticket for sale. How much i yelled. How much can you miss, he said.
I got fifty gulden I said. Then give me 25,he said, that way you can still get some drinks when youre in. I couldn't believe it. It was like he was waiting for me...

I went inside and got a trey of beers, held them over my head ,and made my way through the crowd pretending like i was getting the beers for all my friends at the front row. When i actually got there I was laughing my head of. A couple of hours ago I was ready to get up and go to school, now I was standing front row
to see my all time favourite band play a live concert. The rest was pure bliss, i loved every second and couldn't believe how close i was to keith doing a beautiful version of slipping away.

I've seen them a couple of times since but that day was pure magic.

Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: September 9, 2005 00:25

Great story Mudbone!!!....pretending to be the waiter!!!...i've heard of pretending to be a roadie...but this is a new one!!!...thanks for sharing...best wishes

Posted by: sawbelly ()
Date: September 9, 2005 00:29

September 1981, Rich Stadium Buffalo NY USA. With George Thorogood and Journey. They played Down The Road Apiece! Journey was somewhat booed off the stage.

Posted by: fxc1 ()
Date: September 9, 2005 00:31

Nov 1969 - MS Garden

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: September 9, 2005 00:32

Oakland Coliseum July 26, 1978............Mick's B-Day Bill Grahams "Day on the Green" Ticket Price...........$12 Last show of the Some Girls tour if memory serves.........

Posted by: fv ()
Date: September 9, 2005 02:23

Madison Square Garden - June 22, 1975

I was 14 years old. My first rock concert.

22nd June: New York City, New York, Madison Square Garden
Honky Tonk Women
All Down The Line
If You Can't Rock Me-Get Off/Of My Cloud
Star Star
Gimme Shelter
Ain't Too Proud To Beg
You Gotta Move
You Can't Always Get What You Want
Band introduction
Happy
Tumbling Dice
It's Only Rock'n Roll
Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo
Fingerprint File
Angie
Wild Horses
That's Life
Outa Space
Brown Sugar
Midnight Rambler
Rip This Joint
Street Fighting Man
Jumping Jack Flash
Sympathy For The Devil

Note: With special guests Eric Clapton (gtr) and The Steel Association
(steel dr) on Sympathy For The Devil.Soundboard recording was made.

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: September 9, 2005 02:26

July 25, 1966 at the Hollywood Bowl. My friend nd I had good seats and were amazed at all the screaming girls. The show opened with the Buffalo Springfield, relatively unknown then. The next bands were the Standells and the McCoys, although I'm not sure which band came first. Then the Stones. . . . .

Mick wore white trousers and kind of a sequined jacket (see the cover of Got Live. . .). They put on a great show. One distinct memory is when Mick said, "Our own Charlie Watts will introduce the next song". Then Charlie stepped up to the mic from behind the drum kit and introduced "Lady Jane".

Didn't see them again until November 1969 at the LA Forum, which was quite similar to the Ya Yas performance.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: September 9, 2005 02:29

Was that when Charlie had a moustasche? And shades?

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: September 9, 2005 02:52

Actually, I think he had the moustache but I'm not sure about the shades. On the cover of "Got Live" there is a picture of Charlie talking into the microphone. I think that he would have looked similar to that.

Posted by: robdeckwitz ()
Date: September 9, 2005 03:53

october 1970, Amsterdam RAI

Posted by: letitbleed ()
Date: September 9, 2005 03:58

Syracuse, Carrier Dome, 1981 with Molly Hatchet.

Posted by: stuart ()
Date: September 9, 2005 04:03

November 1981 - Lexington KY. I didnt even wanna go (haha). Was in high school and not particularly a fan and was very shy. Buddy of mine had an extra ticket (7th row; center on the floor!) and didnt wanna be that close. haha. Ticket cost $16 as i recall.

I remember the big deal was Mick hopping in cherry picker to get up and out crowd. I remember "Let's Spend the Night Together" sticking in my mind afterward. Wasnt til later that i turned into huge huge stones fan.

Posted by: Stones89 ()
Date: September 9, 2005 05:29

Monday, December 4, 1989 - SkyDome, Toronto, Ontario, Canada with Living Colour opening. Great show.

Posted by: andrewm ()
Date: September 9, 2005 05:37

Seattle Oct. 15th,'81.16 years old,a bunch of us drove down from Victoria,B.C. J. Geils(amazing)and Greg Kihn opened.Watching the dvd all these years later(and looking for myself to no avail in the 300 level shots)the band sound tighter than I remember.

Posted by: Glimmer Twin ()
Date: September 9, 2005 05:55

May 18, 1990. Feyenoord stadium, Rotterdam.

First show of the 'Urban Jungle' tour, with an absolute fantastic version of '2000 Light Years From Home'.

January 10, 2006 in Montreal will be my 11th show.

Posted by: nellcote'71 ()
Date: September 9, 2005 06:02

June 1975 MSG New York

Posted by: Koschi ()
Date: September 9, 2005 08:00

Bridges to Babylon Tour Wiener Neustadt, Austria, July 11 1998

Posted by: silvertrain ()
Date: September 9, 2005 09:08

Barcelona, June 11, 1976 - at the Bullring. The only time The Stones have played in a bullring. Full moon, the stones began playing at 10.30 pm, I still hear the start of Honky Tonk Woman in my ears. Thanks to vgp for the great boot "Barcelona & Ole"

Posted by: Malaluma ()
Date: September 9, 2005 11:22

Malmoe, Sweden 1970! About 3.000 in the audience, 3rd row. (Watched the soundcheck through a little hole in the doors to the left of the stage.) Best songs in my opinion were Jumping Jack Flash, Stray Cat Blues, Live with Me, Sympathy For the Devil, Little Queenie, Midnight Rambler & Honky Tonk Women. And they are still ROCKING!

Let it Rock!

Posted by: wandering spirit ()
Date: September 9, 2005 11:26

summer 1982, Vienna!

Posted by: Hang Fire ()
Date: September 9, 2005 11:33

veronus Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> > Rotterdam 4 june 1982 I was leaning against the
> stage, GREAT!!!!

Also my first show! Great indeed!!!

'In the sweet old country...'

Posted by: mandu ()
Date: September 9, 2005 11:47

voodoo lounge Brisbane Australia

Posted by: Sjouke ()
Date: September 9, 2005 11:49

August 12, 1995, Schüttorf, In the middle of nowhere, Germany

Sjouke

Posted by: rockroll ()
Date: September 9, 2005 12:11

Veterans Stadium Philadelphia on opening night of Steel Wheels. I'll never forget when the power went out during Shattered.

Posted by: Riffbuk ()
Date: September 9, 2005 12:24

Stadium of Alvalade,Lisbon,10 June 1990,50 000 in the audience .The greastst show in the World....

Posted by: crazymama ()
Date: September 9, 2005 12:42

Vienna Stadium, 1982

I was 14 and totally into 60s-music. I couldn't really believe to see the stones, it was wonderful, although I was at the other end of the stadium and everyone said, the J. Gail-Band was better.

Since 1998 I went to about 20 stones-gigs, and I hope to see 20 shows or so next year.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: September 9, 2005 12:46

1982 Vienna, among 80.000 fans, , the weather was hot, topless girls, I was very tired cause we slept in a park with my friends only some hours the night before. The STONES were great of course.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 2 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1450
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home