Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 27
Re: Sticky Fingers Live At The Fonda to be released on DVD/Blu Ray
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 16, 2017 22:27

GREAT stuff ... wonderful news ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: May 16, 2017 22:38

Can't wait to hear Taylors blitering solos on Bs,Sway,Cant you hear me knocking etc... Rock on!

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: May 16, 2017 22:40

...smoking smiley
Sway,CYHMK (without Bobby) and Moonlight Mile are very disapointing IMO.

schwonek
[www.youtube.com]

Will they overdub?

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-16 23:05 by powerage78.

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: May 16, 2017 22:41

Wow fantastic news, this was the best live show in many years, they went up a gear for this one.

Maybe they do Exile one day smiling smiley

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: May 16, 2017 22:42

I was there, the audio release doesn't sound like what it did live. They overdubbed the heck outta CYHMK.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: May 16, 2017 22:55

Thanks to those that replied w/ the setlist!

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: May 16, 2017 23:01

powerage78
...smoking smiley
Sway,CYHMK (without Bobby) and Moonlight Mike are very disapointing IMO.

schwonek
[www.youtube.com]

Will they overdub?

Wonder why so often on live DVD releases guitars seem lower in the mix that when actually at the show's. Not that i was there at the Fonda but Keith was barely audible on BS in that clip. Mick's loud and clear though !!
Wonder who's been at the mixing table again eye rolling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-16 23:03 by stone4ever.

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: May 16, 2017 23:13

Nothing special...I don´t care...poor versions of Moonlight mile, Sister morphine, Sway...and so on...

Date: May 16, 2017 23:22

I would love for this to be true. I just asked my contact at Eaglerock, and they said "I haven't heard a thing about it". And they're pretty reliable. I would love to be wrong, I'm dying to see this again.

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: May 16, 2017 23:30

Danke schön, Hockenheim! I hope they will sell it on iTunes.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: May 16, 2017 23:42

roller99
Looks like speculation. This from sympathyforthedevils.com:

However, we will have other things to bring to our teeth, with the continuation of the series From The Vault which will probably deal with tours from Voodoo Lounge and Jagger's solo breakaway in Japan.

Also expected, the Fonda theater, which has so far only given a partial audio output, would finally be programmed for this year in DVD and Blu Ray. The sixties will also be honored, in audio and video. And finally, on the live CD side, Eagle offers us some very good surprises before the summer ...

Well, their speculation was pretty accurate. We have the standalone CDs from the combo packs, we have the Fonda coming on DVD/blu-ray, and we have the Fall European tour with the number of shows and multiple shows and no UK dates just as they indicated. Not sure why so many are hesitant to trust this site. Their track record over the years has been solid.

Posted by: RedRedRobin ()
Date: May 16, 2017 23:45

Rocky Dijon
roller99

However, we will have other things to bring to our teeth, with the continuation of the series From The Vault which will probably deal with tours from Voodoo Lounge and Jagger's solo breakaway in Japan.

Also expected, the Fonda theater, which has so far only given a partial audio output, would finally be programmed for this year in DVD and Blu Ray. The sixties will also be honored, in audio and video. And finally, on the live CD side, Eagle offers us some very good surprises before the summer ...

Well, their speculation was pretty accurate. We have the standalone CDs from the combo packs, we have the Fonda coming on DVD/blu-ray, and we have the Fall European tour with the number of shows and multiple shows and no UK dates just as they indicated. Not sure why so many are hesitant to trust this site. Their track record over the years has been solid.

This is accurate. Believe it.

- Robin smoking smiley

Date: May 17, 2017 00:11

Rocky Dijon
roller99

I'm hesitant because I review the DVDs that Eaglerock puts out. I asked them today and they denied it. My sources are usually pretty accurate too. I hope they're lying to me (see above post).

Date: May 17, 2017 00:12

Then again, you are Rocky Dijon, and I probably trust you more than them.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: May 17, 2017 00:17

Don't laugh, but just realized reading the set list posted,
my digital download I'm in love with
doesn't have all those songs!
Sweet!

Date: May 17, 2017 00:25

I understand, but look at it this way. If you're a marketing person sending out review copies, you either might be unaware of what was in development or, more importantly, would have been warned about giving out information before it is officially announced. I'll still take a wait and see approach for the next year on this one. The Miami PPV has been unavailable on DVD for a long time, likewise the Giants Stadium show that was on VHS, Mick's Tokyo broadcast is also a viable choice that was never commercially released before. These would be easy remastering jobs that make sense in the marketplace, particularly if the trumpet Mick solo next year as how he laid the foundation for Stones shows 30 years ago. Again, wait and see.

Date: May 17, 2017 00:26

roller99
Then again, you are Rocky Dijon, and I probably trust you more than them.

I'm not the real Rocky Dijon. I just play him on IORR.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: May 17, 2017 00:27

if they don't remix the stuff they can kept it (the mp3s sounded horrible)

Date: May 17, 2017 00:31

slewan
if they don't remix the stuff they can kept it (the mp3s sounded horrible)

The AACs, you mean.

In no way did they sound horrible to me.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 17, 2017 01:34

Can't complain. One of the very, very few post Wyman shows I give a .... about. Always have to jump that hurdle of some guy burbling away in the corner on bass, adding little to the music, while what's left of the Stones play.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: May 17, 2017 02:04

That album is so tremendous. I guess if there are over-dubs then i don't know exactly how much of it really live or viable per se, but i could say the same for parts of every live album they've ever released, including ya dee yas...
...I thought Ron really stepped up his game here and was proud of the band...
mick singing I Got The Blues, and nailing it, really meant a lot to me; it was just beautiful. You never hear that one, and i love it...put 'em in a small theater and you're gonna get a real good show...
of course then they do the big tour and drop most all of sf eye rolling smiley
this is a very important show for me. I once posted "'brown sugar' fonda" on the what u listenin' to now boy thread...and was pretty much immeditely corrected for my lack of good taste...they cudda bin right i dunno. i think fonda is one of their very best latter day performances...and this release is total good new to me; THIS gift i would buy for a friend, even tho it's not the classic band i usually try to spread like a disease...tongue sticking out smiley

Date: May 17, 2017 02:08

mick singing I Got The Blues

Yeah ain't it good ... I remember the night I played that for a lady ... mmm

ROCKMAN

Date: May 17, 2017 02:41

I'm surprised no one ever cites "I'm gonna tear my hair out just for you" whenever the Mick wig thread surfaces.

Date: May 17, 2017 02:49

ROCKMAN

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: May 17, 2017 05:18

There was more to "Can't You Hear Me Knocking" at the Fonda than on the Zip Code Tour.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: May 17, 2017 05:52

You bloody RIPPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rod

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: May 17, 2017 06:42

Rocky, do you really think Mick is going to tour solo soon? I can see him putting out music, but I can't see him doing more than a short promo stint live. He can't fill large places, at least until there is pent up demand for a while after the Stones machine stops rolling.

Date: May 17, 2017 07:27

Not at all, I meant the 30th anniversary of his first solo tour seems like a prime moment to issue his 1988 Japanese TV broadcast as part of From The Vault.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: May 17, 2017 07:42

Personally, I don't think Mick solo belongs in the From the Vault series anymore than a Winos gig would. If that's the case, then let Keef play some solo songs during his part of the show. This is the band collectively, not their own side projects. But what do I know!?!?!

Date: May 17, 2017 08:13

It's not confirmed, just something a source told Sympathy For the Devils. That said, I was surprised to see THE STONES IN THE PARK (an ABKCO era release) as part of From The Vault complete with the lapping tongue logo.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 27

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1934
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home