Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627
Current Page: 27 of 27
Re: I tried to transcribe ‘Fonda 2015 Sticky Fingers Blu Ray’
Posted by: 35love ()
Date: August 6, 2018 01:21

Amend/ Delete!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-23 05:38 by 35love.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 6, 2018 01:30

………. all hangin' left …..

ROCKMAN

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: August 6, 2018 01:34

Yikes!

‘Bit off more than I can chew’
I gotta go.
Tough to stay lady like
Mick and that hypnotic belt.

Date: August 6, 2018 01:37

One day I woke up to find
Right in the bed next to mine
Someone that broke me up with a corner of her smile, yeah...….
S.A.G

ROCKMAN

Re: Sticky Fingers Live At The Fonda to be released on DVD/Blu Ray
Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: September 22, 2018 21:50

Shine A Light
We were in line to go into the Fonda THeatre. About 1 hour before the doors open several large vehicles pulled up to the front door and out walked about 25 beautiful young women. They were instructed to stand all around the small stage. Then we (the fans) were allowed to enter and stand behind them. Some of the girls left their spot on the rail and went for drinks. fans took over their spots up front. THe girls in front of us stayed in their spot all night and never left.
Fantastic show!

Watched the film again twice this week with my 5 year old daughter (who loves B Sugar and JJF); it was on SkyArts1 last and this weekend. Incredible performance, loved every minute of it. Moonlight Mile and I Got the Blues particular highlights. The warhorses, BS and JJF, even sounded vital.

The only cheesy aspect is the "hired bimbos" - do the Stones really need this "prop"? If they weren't there, paid to be there, does that diminish their film or performance?

Audience shots in general I hate; lingering audience shots are all over Hyde Park, slightly lesser here but still annoying. I want to see the band, not an audience who've had a few drinks trying to groove or look sexy dancing lol

Aetosmiths You Gotta Move DVD is one of the worst for this aspect - almost as many boring, distracting audience shots than of the band. Makes it unwatchable.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: September 22, 2018 23:50

Sticky Fingers - the Spotify Landmark Edition:

[open.spotify.com]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 23, 2018 00:53

IrelandCalling4
Shine A Light
We were in line to go into the Fonda THeatre. About 1 hour before the doors open several large vehicles pulled up to the front door and out walked about 25 beautiful young women. They were instructed to stand all around the small stage. Then we (the fans) were allowed to enter and stand behind them. Some of the girls left their spot on the rail and went for drinks. fans took over their spots up front. THe girls in front of us stayed in their spot all night and never left.
Fantastic show!

Watched the film again twice this week with my 5 year old daughter (who loves B Sugar and JJF); it was on SkyArts1 last and this weekend. Incredible performance, loved every minute of it. Moonlight Mile and I Got the Blues particular highlights. The warhorses, BS and JJF, even sounded vital.

The only cheesy aspect is the "hired bimbos" - do the Stones really need this "prop"? If they weren't there, paid to be there, does that diminish their film or performance?

Audience shots in general I hate; lingering audience shots are all over Hyde Park, slightly lesser here but still annoying. I want to see the band, not an audience who've had a few drinks trying to groove or look sexy dancing lol

Aetosmiths You Gotta Move DVD is one of the worst for this aspect - almost as many boring, distracting audience shots than of the band. Makes it unwatchable.

On a related note...

It's been awhile since I watched it (and I watched it only once when it played in a theater), but Roger Water's The Wall movie is tainted by a few audience shots.
At one point there's a close-up of a fan in the crowd literally crying and mouthing the words to Comfortably Numb...kind of felt sorry for him lol....getta grip kiddo!

What's perhaps worse is the concert itself is interspersed with documentary type bits of Waters traveling around WWII sites in Italy, etc.
On their own those parts are really quite good ( he visits his dad's grave site for the first time which is moving), but to chop up the actual concert was a buzz kill.

On the plus side, I don't think he hired any young bimbos to grace the first few rows!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-23 00:56 by Hairball.

Date: September 23, 2018 16:38

It reminds me actually of the one time the audience shots, cringey as they are, make something unique. Neil Young's 'Arc/Wedld' live DVD - the audience are hilarious; lingering shots of audience members singing along somewhere between being over enthusiastic and possessed. Especially during 'Rockin in the Free World'. The air-drumming guy during that song, looking like Stallone as Rambo (headband and everything), is at once the cringiest AND most memorable audience member in it^

Posted by: rcfoxy ()
Date: September 24, 2018 05:00

Personally I always find the Audience shots as one of the highlights of the RS Concert video's. Its great to spot friends in the audience enjoying themselves. I wish they would add a few more of them sometimes - especially of those with that possessed look on their faces like @ The Fonda ;-) What happens in the crowd is always a major part of what makes each show unique.

I do agree about the rent-a-crowd components though - especially in Shine a Light. No need for those people wasting space and oxygen at an RS gig IMHO.

Cheers
Richard - In Another Land

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: September 24, 2018 18:33

IrelandCalling4
Shine A Light
Fantastic show!

People ALWAYS complain!

Not only they get to see the Stones in a small theater perform the whole sticky fingers for a few bucks ... on top of that courtesy of the organization a tuck load of hot babes!!!

C

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 24, 2018 19:52

liddas
IrelandCalling4
Shine A Light
Fantastic show!

People ALWAYS complain!

Not only they get to see the Stones in a small theater perform the whole sticky fingers for a few bucks ... on top of that courtesy of the organization a tuck load of hot babes!!!

C

For free.

Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: September 24, 2018 21:08

rattler2004
This version of Sister Morphine came up on Shuffle while I working in the garage.

One word, FEROCIOUS.

A characteristically self conscious Jagger wanted to deflect any criticism by unnecessarily apologizing for this song. Unnecessary because its performance was probably the most compelling of the show.

Date: September 25, 2018 01:08

Personally I always find the Audience shots as one of the highlights of the RS Concert video's. Its great to spot friends in the audience enjoying themselves

H..H..Huh..HHHhaaaa yeah yeah yeah Richeeeee that's 'cause you got
into the show …. feature in the footage and you're sure wearin' that possessed look on your face

ROCKMAN

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: September 25, 2018 07:39

they also hired male bimbos for the fonda. one guy with the new half shaved head look and one with a male hair bun spinning smiley sticking its tongue outspinning smiley sticking its tongue outspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

they want to look like trendsetters are their fans

Date: September 25, 2018 10:30

Besides the hired bimbos, intetesting discussion last few posts smiling smiley; the show itself is fantastic. The band, into their seventies, providing compelling versions of these songs.

The Vault Series and archives beginning with Exile in 2010 has been like becoming a fan all over again; every release I've loved and very much anticipate more. Films like Texas '78 were only dreamed about years before. The biggest surprise then is a 2015 show being up there with the best.

Date: September 25, 2018 11:42

The non SF-songs sound really great, too. A When The Whip Comes Down that relied on the guitars again was a welcomed treasure!

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: September 25, 2018 13:09

Some samples for you:

- Sway [www.youtube.com]
- Bitch [www.youtube.com]
- Moonlight Mile [www.youtube.com]
- Start Me Up [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: September 25, 2018 14:02

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-25 15:26 by Stoneage.

Posted by: GivenToFly15 ()
Date: August 8, 2019 14:51

Does anyone have pictures of the Ward Records super deluxe boxset (WRDZZ-607 or -608) please? Also is there a booklet inside?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 8, 2019 20:21

GivenToFly15

Does anyone have pictures of the Ward Records super deluxe boxset (WRDZZ-607 or -608) please? Also is there a booklet inside?

Maybe Atsu-y from Hot Stuff Japan can help you:

[Atsuy.web.fc2.com]

Posted by: GivenToFly15 ()
Date: August 9, 2019 10:37

Thanks! I sent a message for more photos. I appreciate your help.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: August 9, 2019 14:37

watching the performance of Bitch at Fonda you see even Mick's enthusiasm when its Keith's turn to shine on guitar...perhaps KR's best guitar licks ever...Bitch in its original form is perhaps his signature epic masterclass performance....one of their best

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: August 9, 2019 18:31

[www.youtube.com]

Prodigal Son (Live From Madison Square Garden, New York/1969)

Keith's epic guitar one of my fav all time performance from Keith.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: August 10, 2019 09:46

Rip This
watching the performance of Bitch at Fonda you see even Mick's enthusiasm when its Keith's turn to shine on guitar...perhaps KR's best guitar licks ever...Bitch in its original form is perhaps his signature epic masterclass performance....one of their best

And Bill's. Bill Wyman is as important to Bitch, maybe more, than Keith. They are both equal to Start Me Up.

Date: August 10, 2019 11:14

24FPS
Rip This

And Bill's. Bill Wyman is as important to Bitch, maybe more, than Keith. They are both equal to Start Me Up.

And Mick Taylor plays the leading riff on Bitch. Pretty important, too.

I love Bill's bass on SMU (in a way it has the same effect as what Ronnie Lane does on Stay With Me) and Bitch (especially live), but those contributions won't ever be recognised as just as important as the riffs or the vocals. It's just how it is, no matter what nerds like you and me appreciate smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-10 11:15 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: nellcote'71 ()
Date: May 14, 2020 23:26

[www.youtube.com]

Isn't this BV starting at 0:18 for a few seconds?
Someone asked the same question several pages back but i didn't see an answer.

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: May 14, 2020 23:33

nellcote'71
[www.youtube.com]

Isn't this BV starting at 0:18 for a few seconds?
Someone asked the same question several pages back but i didn't see an answer.
Yes

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627
Current Page: 27 of 27

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1891
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home