Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627Next
Current Page: 26 of 27
Re: Sticky Fingers Live At The Fonda to be released on DVD/Blu Ray
Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: March 5, 2018 16:46

Got to see it on PBS last night. Really enjoyed it. I have the audio release but it was fun to see it and they were in great form. Thanks to YouTube, we all know there's been some sketchy gigs as the boys get older, but they really had it all together in this recent filmed gig as well as in Havana. My only complaint was that I would prefer if they tacked on the interviews at the end, rather than disrupt the continuity of the show. Still very enjoyable and I recorded it so now I don't have to buy it! (Just gotta find a way to edit out the money-begging segments!)

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Date: March 5, 2018 16:54

HonkeyTonkFlash
Got to see it on PBS last night. Really enjoyed it. I have the audio release but it was fun to see it and they were in great form. Thanks to YouTube, we all know there's been some sketchy gigs as the boys get older, but they really had it all together in this recent filmed gig as well as in Havana. My only complaint was that I would prefer if they tacked on the interviews at the end, rather than disrupt the continuity of the show. Still very enjoyable and I recorded it so now I don't have to buy it! (Just gotta find a way to edit out the money-begging segments!)

Didn't the dvd come with all the audio releases, or is my memory failing me here? smiling smiley

EDIT: The download release didn't come with a DVD, of course!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-05 17:12 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: March 5, 2018 17:19

DandelionPowderman
HonkeyTonkFlash

Didn't the dvd come with all the audio releases, or is my memory failing me here? smiling smiley

Not sure about that. I bought the digital audio release from GooglePlay; that's the version that only had the Fingers songs minus the other opening and closing songs.

Date: March 5, 2018 17:23

HonkeyTonkFlash
DandelionPowderman
HonkeyTonkFlash

Not sure about that. I bought the digital audio release from GooglePlay; that's the version that only had the Fingers songs minus the other opening and closing songs.

Yeah, you didn't get the film with the download.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 6, 2018 04:08

TheflyingDutchman
24FPS

WTF do you expect? 1972 in 2015?

What else? grinning smiley

I'd settle for 1999 at this point. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: March 6, 2018 18:42

This is airing in High Def this week on many PBS stations at various times.

In Chicago it's on WTTW on Wed 3/7 night at 9pm CT.

[schedule.wttw.com]

Date: March 8, 2018 02:05

It was a treat to see it. And wasn't it great that they pulled off such a good performance on the first show of a tour? We all know they're a bag of nerves on first nights...

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: March 8, 2018 02:13

mnewman505

[schedule.wttw.com]

Right on man, very kind of you to pass the information along to people...
not that many will say thanks... but still... very kind of you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-08 02:14 by Leonioid.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: March 8, 2018 05:07

Leonioid
mnewman505

[schedule.wttw.com]

watching it now! i wish i had been there.....You Gotta Move is so cool!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-08 05:42 by little queenie.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 8, 2018 17:30

“The Fonda is pretty cool, and that show was a part of what the Stones have been doing ever since they started playing mostly mega-sized places: playing these little secret shows that don’t get announced until the day of the show.

The tickets were maybe $15 for that show, it is something they really just do for their fans,” said Kyle Siegrist, the owner of Columbus’ Lost Weekend Records and an avid Rolling Stones fan. Siegrist has seen the Rolling Stones perform six times, most recently twice on the band’s Zip Code Tour, once in Columbus and once in Indianapolis.

“The amazing thing is that those guys still have such amazing energy. They are all in their 70s, and they rock out like they are in their 20s. They never really stopped rocking. I saw Paul McCartney in 2015, also, and even though he was great and had a great set list, he just doesn’t have that same kind of energy anymore. The Fonda show was filmed about a month before I saw them perform in Columbus, and during that tour they somehow still had the energy of 20-year-old kids.”

On Friday, March 9 at 9:30 p.m., WOUB-HD will broadcast Rolling Stones: Sticky Fingers at the Fonda Theater. Check out this link for information on encore showings of this program.

[woub.org]

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: March 9, 2018 22:47

Caught this last minute after taping it a couple days ago. Everyone's basically said what I will but I thought it was great. I'm not "down" on recent Stones stuff. I actually love Shine A Light and know I'm in the vast minority on thinking thats a really spirited raw performance. Having said that, I questioned whether 10 years down the line they could do the same thing to me. Its one thing at the shows, which I saw Philly 2 2013 with Mick Taylor and it was outstanding. But on video, the last few releases like Havana Night and whatever other ones there have been (Sweet Summer Sun?) have been fine but largely a big "who cares?" to me. Its the same songs played the same way and while they still do it well, I've seen it enough already to lessen my impact.

I was blown away by this. I really loved it. It could have been a number of things: I was snowed it, I had had a bit to drink (because I was snowed in), I was running out of any other programming to watch, but it totally hooked me. I've had the iTunes album live release from a few years ago and thought that sounded ok (frankly I was a bit disappointed) but having the video and what sounds like way better sound really changed my mind. For something that was a one off, it was filmed beautifully I thought, and again for a one off and first night of the tour, I thought they sounded fantastic. Really spirited, really into it. It was a cool novel idea, even if as Hairball says the concept was questionable in terms of having a point (but hey I'm not gonna argue them playing all of Sticky Fingers!).

I think it totally reinvigorated them though and turned what was basically a star studded club one off into a really memorable evening captured for fans. Cause while those at the show probably had a great time, its definitely a treat for us that weren't there and adore this album and band. THIS is something actually new. The whole time watching it I was saying "I don't know why they wouldn't do stuff like this more often. They just killed it and they're only playing most of these songs once for the whole tour." Yes, its impossible not to note how missed Taylor (and Bobby Keys) were to this. Actually its not, because I thought Ronnie was great and sadly Keys can't be there no matter what. As a fan it infuriates me that they underused Taylor for the tour before this and then this one show on the next tour where it would make perfect sense for him to be there he's not... just the price of being a fan I guess. That would have just been a dream, but what we got is more than admirable. And I wouldn't have expected Taylor had we not had that tour before, but again this is great. I highly recommend it. By the end I was blasting Jumpin Jack Flash like I hadn't heard it in years when in general I can't turn it off quicker when it comes on. This was just excellent. They've still got it, I don't care what anyone wants to say about Vegas and all that. There are still enough of them and they still good enough for me to call them The Rolling Stones without being embarrassed.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: March 14, 2018 02:40

little queenie
Leonioid
mnewman505

[schedule.wttw.com]

Watched it for the first time from a hospital bed at midnight a couple days ago. A nice reprieve from a lot of chaos. Woke up and tuned in just before "Sister Morphine" started.

Thanks for the heads up back on Wednesday 3/7.

Posted by: JumpinJimF ()
Date: March 14, 2018 17:18

The Sicilian
little queenie
Leonioid
mnewman505

[schedule.wttw.com]

Watched it for the first time from a hospital bed at midnight a couple days ago. A nice reprieve from a lot of chaos. Woke up and tuned in just before "Sister Morphine" started.

Thanks for the heads up back on Wednesday 3/7.

You'd have been worried if the doctor had had no face...

Hope you're feeling better anyway

Date: March 14, 2018 18:51

RollingFreak
Caught this last minute after taping it a couple days ago. Everyone's basically said what I will but I thought it was great. I'm not "down" on recent Stones stuff. I actually love Shine A Light and know I'm in the vast minority on thinking thats a really spirited raw performance. Having said that, I questioned whether 10 years down the line they could do the same thing to me. Its one thing at the shows, which I saw Philly 2 2013 with Mick Taylor and it was outstanding. But on video, the last few releases like Havana Night and whatever other ones there have been (Sweet Summer Sun?) have been fine but largely a big "who cares?" to me. Its the same songs played the same way and while they still do it well, I've seen it enough already to lessen my impact.

I was blown away by this. I really loved it. It could have been a number of things: I was snowed it, I had had a bit to drink (because I was snowed in), I was running out of any other programming to watch, but it totally hooked me. I've had the iTunes album live release from a few years ago and thought that sounded ok (frankly I was a bit disappointed) but having the video and what sounds like way better sound really changed my mind. For something that was a one off, it was filmed beautifully I thought, and again for a one off and first night of the tour, I thought they sounded fantastic. Really spirited, really into it. It was a cool novel idea, even if as Hairball says the concept was questionable in terms of having a point (but hey I'm not gonna argue them playing all of Sticky Fingers!).

I think it totally reinvigorated them though and turned what was basically a star studded club one off into a really memorable evening captured for fans. Cause while those at the show probably had a great time, its definitely a treat for us that weren't there and adore this album and band. THIS is something actually new. The whole time watching it I was saying "I don't know why they wouldn't do stuff like this more often. They just killed it and they're only playing most of these songs once for the whole tour." Yes, its impossible not to note how missed Taylor (and Bobby Keys) were to this. Actually its not, because I thought Ronnie was great and sadly Keys can't be there no matter what. As a fan it infuriates me that they underused Taylor for the tour before this and then this one show on the next tour where it would make perfect sense for him to be there he's not... just the price of being a fan I guess. That would have just been a dream, but what we got is more than admirable. And I wouldn't have expected Taylor had we not had that tour before, but again this is great. I highly recommend it. By the end I was blasting Jumpin Jack Flash like I hadn't heard it in years when in general I can't turn it off quicker when it comes on. This was just excellent. They've still got it, I don't care what anyone wants to say about Vegas and all that. There are still enough of them and they still good enough for me to call them The Rolling Stones without being embarrassed.

Agree! This would be a great performance from a band of any age. The fact that the Stones could still be that good in their seventies makes it all the more amazing! And I was so glad I recorded the broadcast....then I accidentally hit something on my remote and deleted it...grrr....Oh well, it will be worth buying the real thing - with no annoying pledge drives to fast forward through!

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: March 21, 2018 18:28

My wife got the Blue Ray/CD package for my birthday (Friday, March 23 I will be 62 years young!) after I saw it featured on PBS last week and I have to say that I was mightily impressed-especially as they sounded quite tight for a premiere gig (which is unusual for them).

Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: March 30, 2018 18:35

I also recorded this on PBS and tried to watch it. Unfortunately though the band played surprisingly well Jagger's vocals became unbearable and I had to switch it off. It really brought home (once again) how far he has fallen. I probably just have to get a lot drunker to get through this travesty.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: March 30, 2018 19:26

Bungo
I also recorded this on PBS and tried to watch it. Unfortunately though the band played surprisingly well Jagger's vocals became unbearable and I had to switch it off. It really brought home (once again) how far he has fallen. I probably just have to get a lot drunker to get through this travesty.

Getting a drunker tells a lot about your post.

Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: April 9, 2018 02:32

Finally caught up with this on PBS. As a movie it is much more coherent than SAL where Scorsese struggled with how to present the band at this stage of its career. The intro caught your attention from the opening panorama of the valley as the camera sweeps over the hills into Hollywood to the celebrity-filled crowd entering the theater. The interviews held the whole thing together. At least Ronnie was decent enough to mention Taylor whose absence made the whole project feel disingenuous.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: April 9, 2018 02:39

People who don’t like this one, or feel this is ‘bellow bar’ or summin’ like that, really should get their own forum.

Which is not the same as sayin’ they’re not welcome over here; oh no.

It just sums up the way I feel about them.
Kinda like mr T... (and I don’t mean ‘Ice’.)

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: April 20, 2018 21:58

PhotoFuckIt~original

Google Drive MeCrazy

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: May 26, 2018 23:04

Only €21,99 for the LP/DVD version on amazon.de.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-26 23:05 by BowieStone.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 27, 2018 22:23

BowieStone
Only €21,99 for the LP/DVD version on amazon.de.

And Totally Stripped (the CD + 4 x Blu-ray version) is £23 on Amazon UK.

Posted by: rattler2004 ()
Date: June 12, 2018 18:32

This version of Sister Morphine came up on Shuffle while I working in the garage.

One word, FEROCIOUS.

the shoot 'em dead, brainbell jangler!

I tried to transcribe ‘Fonda 2015 Sticky Fingers Blu Ray’
Posted by: 35love ()
Date: August 6, 2018 00:50

comments from the boys for anyone who may not own the Blue Ray/ or have viewed
(My friend Mr. Mike DDDDD)
a lovely excuse to watch ‘Monkey Man’ opening of my gorgeous Cali hills at sunset
and my first concert days later in San Diego!

I digress because I got digressed with the sharp black and white footage
Keith called it a mature album
Mick started showing — explaining the cover by using himself as an example
his belt is all I see
something about Warhol
Then back to Ronnie saying:
What? Whose crotch it is? Well it’s Mick’s innit? Right? (background laughs start) It’s got to be Micks!

(and it’s funny because Ronnie genuine seemed to think that, maybe not aware of, er, what lurked beneath? )

Nothing else was really said, just talk of Sticky Fingers which we all know to death.
xxoo

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-06 00:52 by 35love.

Re: I tried to transcribe ‘Fonda 2015 Sticky Fingers Blu Ray’
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 6, 2018 01:01

ROCKMAN

Date: August 6, 2018 01:11

Dude was XXL

I swear 1 of the screens from Zipcode was an eyeful if ya know what I mean eye popping smiley
Had to be on screen, not something I could come up with on my own LOL
The RS video dudes messing with our minds.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-06 01:14 by 35love.

Date: August 6, 2018 01:13

Bang Bang ..… why erase?

ROCKMAN

Date: August 6, 2018 01:14

Rockman
Bang Bang ..… why erase?

I made it better, hard to word LOL

Date: August 6, 2018 01:19

You are safe here
Surely your mother-in-law isn't standing in the shadows baby...

ROCKMAN

Date: August 6, 2018 01:20

Rockman
You are safe here
Surely your mother-in-law isn't standing in the shadows baby...

I’m waiting for you to post a pic grinning smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627Next
Current Page: 26 of 27

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1339
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home