Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425...LastNext
Current Page: 20 of 27
Re: Sticky Fingers Live At The Fonda to be released on DVD/Blu Ray
Posted by: 35love ()
Date: September 30, 2017 06:33

Leonioid
35love
Leonioid
sad smiley went out looking for this at 5 stores today... came home empty handed...
not at either of my two local record shops... nor at bestbuy, target or walmart... fkrsangry smiley

This morning Amazon said they'd get the Blueray to me by 9 pm tonight.
Amazon Prime- 2 day, 1 day, same day delivery.

Cool, are they delivering by drone? Hope you get it tonight... wish I had it...
but I have enough other cool Stones stuff to keep me distracted and happy today

The worst part, besides these places (claiming) not having it was the blank looks
on generation swift/rap as they said who/what/nope. I would bet
some copies were actually in one of the stores but the taylorswift fans
rap lovers are just not bright enough to put it out.

I felt that way a year or so ago when Keith was on the cover of RS magazine
and I went all over town and no- one/magazine stands had current issue/etc.
I ended up coming home and paying ($5. I think) to download it.
Amazon delivered at 8:15 pm it is eerie/drone-like/ Amazon warehouse coming to your area right soon.
I think I'm watching the DVD tomorrow, lol. Cheers mate.

Date: September 30, 2017 06:54

Leonioid
35love
Leonioid
sad smiley went out looking for this at 5 stores today... came home empty handed...
not at either of my two local record shops... nor at bestbuy, target or walmart... fkrsangry smiley

This morning Amazon said they'd get the Blueray to me by 9 pm tonight.
Amazon Prime- 2 day, 1 day, same day delivery.

Cool, are they delivering by drone? Hope you get it tonight... wish I had it...
but I have enough other cool Stones stuff to keep me distracted and happy today

The worst part, besides these places (claiming) not having it was the blank looks
on generation swift/rap as they said who/what/nope. I would bet
some copies were actually in one of the stores but the taylorswift fans
rap lovers are just not bright enough to put it out.

that's happened to me before. I asked about someone and they had no clue who I was talking about

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: September 30, 2017 07:21

I felt that way a year or so ago when Keith was on the cover of RS magazine
and I went all over town and no- one/magazine stands had current issue/etc.
I ended up coming home and paying ($5. I think) to download it.
Amazon delivered at 8:15 pm it is eerie/drone-like/ Amazon warehouse coming to your area right soon.
I think I'm watching the DVD tomorrow, lol. Cheers mate.

SWEET!! congrats on getting it!

that's happened to me before. I asked about someone and they had no clue who I was talking about

Retailers can grumble all they want about customers staying away too much...
and as more and more brick and mortar stores close they can blame this that or the other... but when I waste my time like I did today, driving around wanting to hand them my money, and they shrug not giving a fuk... then they are killing themselves. The clerks I interacted today were as ignorant, apathetic and disinterested as I have ever dealt with.

I know I can get it cheaper online... but I was willing to pay more to have it today... but no go.... which is fine...

So I revisited 4 flicks, some girls live in texas and part of gimme shelter... all turned up to 11... and it took the jones off. I will get this new release... some day... and probably pay 1/4 the price I would have paid today... or get it free. I can wait. No big deal... plus tomorrow there is more live Stones to be had in wam bam Amsterdam!! So it is all good, I am happy.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: September 30, 2017 09:28

kowalski
StonedRambler
The audio-only mix on iTunes, Spotify etc. is now the drier mix that Bob Clearmountain did and I really like it, even if the Mastering is a bit too squashed. But the Blue-ray uses the mix with way too much reverb, it really ruins the experience for me. That's a pity really since the performances are so good. Even the warhorses are played fast and with great energy, unfortunately the current No Filter performances are so much different.

Are you sure about this? Then maybe it's worth getting the lossless version from Qobuz : [www.qobuz.com]
I did an A/B comparison and it definitely sounds a bit punchier and more upfront to me, although it's not much and now thinking about it, it also can be just a different mastering. Just use the preview function on Qobuz to decide if it's okay for you

Posted by: rattler2004 ()
Date: September 30, 2017 09:39

A small(er) club is THE way to see The Stones.

I am envious of anyone who has seen them in this setting.

To hear them perform songs not played at the stadiums and arenas is a dream, and for that reason I am thankful for this release.

The Band was on point, the occasional bum note, so what?

Mick, Mick! He's singing!!!! Singing, the songs! Not shouting, not speaking, but singing...will wonders ever cease?

Very happy with this release.

the shoot 'em dead, brainbell jangler!

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: September 30, 2017 10:24

Great, great release. Agree to rattler2004 about Mick's performance. Normally he sings complete different versions of songs compared to the record. Here, he tries to sing how it is on te record. With succes! I was very surprised with CYHMK an MM,Sister Morphine, also brilliantly done! I thought Sway was a bit dissapointing. I also liked Ronnie's solo's, didn't mind the strong reverb.

Such a relief to see the Stones do songs live (on a suberb way) that they rarely do. This is the Stones at their best and really the reason I became a fan once.

Must have!!

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: September 30, 2017 16:28

I've given it a goid listen, and I think it's damn good. Another fantastic vaults release.

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: September 30, 2017 16:58

Just spun it through the first time, love it, keep it coming Stones, more complete shows!

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: September 30, 2017 18:28

I'd probably be more excited if I hadn't already been listening to the iTunes release for 2 years. That said, it's a fine record: "Brown Sugar" will probably never be played so fast and tight like this again; "I Got The Blues" is surprisingly strong and beautiful; and I was listening to "Can't Turn You Loose" on my headphones when about 2/3 in comes this nasty blast of electric guitar soloing, courtesy of Keith. I loved it!

These vault releases have been great and IMO the only essential representation we still need is one from the No Security or Bridges tours.

Date: September 30, 2017 18:48

For so many years all we had was the "official" live releases. The more vault content they release the better!

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: September 30, 2017 19:09

StonedRambler
kowalski
StonedRambler
The audio-only mix on iTunes, Spotify etc. is now the drier mix that Bob Clearmountain did and I really like it, even if the Mastering is a bit too squashed. But the Blue-ray uses the mix with way too much reverb, it really ruins the experience for me. That's a pity really since the performances are so good. Even the warhorses are played fast and with great energy, unfortunately the current No Filter performances are so much different.

Are you sure about this? Then maybe it's worth getting the lossless version from Qobuz : [www.qobuz.com]
I did an A/B comparison and it definitely sounds a bit punchier and more upfront to me, although it's not much and now thinking about it, it also can be just a different mastering. Just use the preview function on Qobuz to decide if it's okay for you

Thanks for your reply. I did that and if course it's hard to tell from à mp3 sample but I think I still hear the reverb all over the mix...

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: September 30, 2017 19:57

kowalski
StonedRambler
kowalski
StonedRambler

Thanks for your reply. I did that and if course it's hard to tell from à mp3 sample but I think I still hear the reverb all over the mix...
It's still too much reverb but at least it's a litttle bit better.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: September 30, 2017 20:41

So when they will play TSMR entirely?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 1, 2017 02:00

ironbelly

When Brian Jones is back .... winking smiley

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: October 1, 2017 04:01

Irix
ironbelly

thumbs up

Until that I will be playing WHEN THE WHIP COMES DOWN from The Fonda,

What a great live version!

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: October 1, 2017 13:11

Irix
ironbelly

But Mick said between I Got The Blues and Moonlight Mile they will play TSMR! He promised!

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 1, 2017 13:45

ironbelly

He promised!

For the next year - which would have been 2016 then. Maybe there was a hidden gig at the MonoBox-Theatre .... winking smiley

Posted by: rebelhipi ()
Date: October 1, 2017 22:03

I find the interviews ruined the flow of the show. The interviews were great but wrongly placed if you ask me.

Performances are excellent, i knew that already listening the itunes album.
The mix on the dvd is not as good as the cd.

I loved seeing Karl Densons solo on Cant You Hear Me Knocking.

Date: October 2, 2017 00:30

rebelhipi
I loved seeing Karl Densons solo on Cant You Hear Me Knocking.

thumbs up

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: October 2, 2017 01:51

RipThisBone
Irix
ironbelly

thumbs up

Until that I will be playing WHEN THE WHIP COMES DOWN from The Fonda,

What a great live version!

Enjoyed watching the blu ray tonight.
Curious about the sound of the CD...will listen
to it tomorrow.

Agreed...Whip is really on fire.
The only thing...and I never complained about Chuck...what is he doing ? I guess it's Chuck,it simply doesn't fit at all what he's playing at this song.
But maybe I'm all wrong...

Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: October 2, 2017 15:54

Has anybody received the vinyl-set yet?

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: October 2, 2017 17:21

I have the vinyl, but I bought it at a store. Are you looking for information about people mail ordering?

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: October 2, 2017 17:35

Listened through this release Saturday;

From a ''Sticky Fingers show'' you would expect the most amazing ''Brown Sugar'' ever, but instead we got a merely good version.

''Bitch'' was very energetic but kind of messy and my foot didn't even start tapping.

''I Got the Blues'', ''Sister Morphine'' and ''Rock Me Baby'' - fantastic by any standards. Also ''I Can't Turn You Loose'' is just marvelous when the Stones play it, I wish they played it every night.

My sound system wasn't good enough to really judge the audio mix.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: October 2, 2017 17:36

Amazon USA has a vinyl being released October 13th with a DVD and a hybrid sacd for like 41.99. That's the one I purchased. I saw the vinyl this past weekend but I'd didn't appear to have the cd or dvd with it. I already have the bluray/cd combo but the sacd kind of sold me on it

Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: October 2, 2017 17:37

frankotero
I have the vinyl, but I bought it at a store. Are you looking for information about people mail ordering?

I've ordered on amazon.de a month ago - they keep sayin' delivery on October 6th but I guess they don't even have it.

Saw the new Satanic in store here but no trace of the Fonda vinyl - but the DVD/CD-set is available everywhere.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: October 2, 2017 18:50

Bashlets
Amazon USA has a vinyl being released October 13th with a DVD and a hybrid sacd for like 41.99. That's the one I purchased. I saw the vinyl this past weekend but I'd didn't appear to have the cd or dvd with it. I already have the bluray/cd combo but the sacd kind of sold me on it

Now, if this came with a BluRay instead of a DVD, I would have been intrigued by it. Why they don't include the complete show on the Video portion - be it DVD or BluRay IDK. There is certainly more than enough room for it. It's unfortunate that they don't have someone doing a better job for them and their brand with these things! IMHO

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: October 2, 2017 19:40

silkcut1978 -I've seen the vinyl in 2 stores so far in Germany and one in Luxembourg. I was lucky to get the price of 42.99 the cheapest so far. Sure Amazon will deliver but sometimes they take awhile. And they're a little cheaper. TSMR vinyl I've just seen twice, and one of them I bought. Seems it's not rare at around 20,000 copies I suspect the same of SF Live. Hang in there, it's a nice record.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: October 2, 2017 21:01

What a fantastic release!
CLEARLY and BY FAR the best official live recording
of their live output of the 1989 and onwards tours.

Ronnie shines on this!

Great guitars up front, great snare sound, really good tempo.
And Mick is fantastic, too:
"I hope you all got your 10$ back!"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-02 21:50 by TooTough.

Date: October 2, 2017 22:26

That version of Whip really rocks!

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: October 2, 2017 22:31

TooTough
What a fantastic release!
CLEARLY and BY FAR the best official live recording
of their live output of the 1989 and onwards tours.

Ronnie shines on this!

Great guitars up front, great snare sound, really good tempo.
And Mick is fantastic, too:
"I hope you all got your 10$ back!"

Better than stripped?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425...LastNext
Current Page: 20 of 27

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1358
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home