Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 27
Re: Sticky Fingers Live At The Fonda to be released on DVD/Blu Ray
Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: September 29, 2017 18:43

Now it´s fun to be a fan again! Live songs that I haven´t already heard a hundred times! And it´s pretty good! :-D

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: September 29, 2017 18:51

Moon light mile brings tears to my eyes in a good way.

Posted by: SomeGuy ()
Date: September 29, 2017 18:57

I think I spotted bv in the movie smiling smiley

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: September 29, 2017 18:58

Well said Bjorn. It's nice to love something with no strings attached. I'm so pleased I bought all formats. That's what happens when a release has good value.

Posted by: damonbramblett ()
Date: September 29, 2017 19:47

Yes, Keith botched the intro to Brown Sugar. It is fixed in this release.

DB

Date: September 29, 2017 20:01

Ok...that´s why the intro sounded THAT good...Anyway...the best version of Brown sugar...since...Tattoo you!! :-D

Bitch from Fonda’15 Release is a killer...Keith on fire
Posted by: lickskeith ()
Date: September 29, 2017 14:33

Hey guys.
In this crazy critical time, I bought the dvd this morning.

And wow! Bitch is such a killer version! Didn’t realize how much with the audio release.

The band is on fire and wow...Keith just blew me away!

On point in every change,concentrated, attacking the guitar and as incisive as ever! Magic riffs!

Onto CYHMK now...amazing show

What do you guys think? Appreciative thread can still come around? Joking..

Can’t wait for Amsterdam now..

Re: Bitch from Fonda’15 Release is a killer...Keith on fire
Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: September 29, 2017 14:59

lickskeith
Hey guys.

And wow! Bitch is such a killer version! Didn’t realize how much with the audio release.

On point in every change,concentrated, attacking the guitar and as incisive as ever! Magic riffs!

I think this is what Keith is still capable of when he gets his shit together.
I hope for all you guys in Amsterdam tonight that Keith turns up with his shit together thumbs upsmileys with beer

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: September 29, 2017 15:27

stone4ever
lickskeith
Hey guys.

I hope for all you guys in Amsterdam tonight that Keith turns up with his shit together thumbs upsmileys with beer
That was two years ago too. A LOT can happen to a person's body and mind in two years.

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: September 29, 2017 15:37

keefriff99
stone4ever
lickskeith
Hey guys.

That was two years ago too. A LOT can happen to a person's body and mind in two years.

Well he was brilliant in Zurich the other day.

Posted by: EasterMan ()
Date: September 29, 2017 20:07

Bjorn
the best version of Brown sugar...since...Tattoo you!! :-D

LOL not really, but maybe the best one since Auckland 2014.

Date: September 29, 2017 21:21

Like! :-D

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: September 29, 2017 22:05

The audio-only mix on iTunes, Spotify etc. is now the drier mix that Bob Clearmountain did and I really like it, even if the Mastering is a bit too squashed. But the Blue-ray uses the mix with way too much reverb, it really ruins the experience for me. That's a pity really since the performances are so good. Even the warhorses are played fast and with great energy, unfortunately the current No Filter performances are so much different.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: September 29, 2017 22:15

Well. Just watched it. Great movie! It captures a truly gem. I like the interviews. They take me way back - although I am only 41. A great treat but I prefer the DVD sound to the CD. Is it different? Anyhow - awesome.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: September 29, 2017 22:19

"I miss him. I miss him a lot." Charlie about Bobby. :-(

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: September 29, 2017 22:49

Haha what's up with the sound on that CYHMK, Ronnie's solo sounds like if you would plug your guitar into a reverb pedal and put it on 10. Does the blu-ray actually sound like this?

Posted by: rebelhipi ()
Date: September 29, 2017 23:01

TheGreek
midimannz
Dan
I remember once upon a time somewhere someone re-edited Sweet Summer Sun with the bonus tracks in their right places. Is anybody doing that with this set? I can provide proof of purchase but would love this to play right.

I rearranged Havana Moon, when it gets out here I was intending to do the same on this one too
I would be most grateful for your wonderful assistance in this endeavor please .
Id like to see a version like this.

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: September 30, 2017 00:17

rebelhipi
TheGreek
midimannz
Dan
I remember once upon a time somewhere someone re-edited Sweet Summer Sun with the bonus tracks in their right places. Is anybody doing that with this set? I can provide proof of purchase but would love this to play right.

I rearranged Havana Moon, when it gets out here I was intending to do the same on this one too
I would be most grateful for your wonderful assistance in this endeavor please .
Id like to see a version like this.

My email is not hidden if you wish to discuss this further

Posted by: WarMachine ()
Date: September 30, 2017 00:19

TheBlockbuster
Haha what's up with the sound on that CYHMK, Ronnie's solo sounds like if you would plug your guitar into a reverb pedal and put it on 10. Does the blu-ray actually sound like this?
Seems to be the case, unfortunately. From a review by my favourite Blu-ray/DVD reviewer, and who is also a Stones fan:
"I felt less impressed with the show’s DTS-HD MA 5.1. As we often find for live presentations, much of the audio remained oriented toward the forward channels.

In the front, we encountered solid stereo imaging. Vocals stayed nicely centered while the instrumentation spread cleanly across the forward speakers. A staple of Stones music, the dueling guitars each got their own channel, while the rest of the track blended together neatly.

Surround usage mainly restricted itself to crowd noise and general reinforcement of the music. However, the track overemphasized those elements, so the cheering often threatened to overwhelm the music.

In addition, audio quality disappointed. Vocals tended to seem a little flat and dull, without great clarity.

The rest of the instruments failed to stand out in a positive way either. Guitars were tinny, and low-end response lacked much punch. Too much reverb came along for the ride as well, and that left the audio as a messy affair that didn’t allow the songs to prosper.

Happily, the disc’s LPCM stereo option fared much better. While it still didn’t boast great bass response, at least it lost the heavy-handed crowd noise – this left us able to actually hear the songs!

In addition, the stereo version lacked the oppressive reverb of the 5.1 mix, so the singing and playing all seemed clearer and more natural. It’s still not a great track, but it’s the only listenable option – the 5.1 track flops.
"

Review

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: September 30, 2017 01:58

sad smiley went out looking for this at 5 stores today... came home empty handed...
not at either of my two local record shops... nor at bestbuy, target or walmart... fkrsangry smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-30 01:59 by Leonioid.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: September 30, 2017 02:13

StonedRambler
The audio-only mix on iTunes, Spotify etc. is now the drier mix that Bob Clearmountain did and I really like it, even if the Mastering is a bit too squashed. But the Blue-ray uses the mix with way too much reverb, it really ruins the experience for me. That's a pity really since the performances are so good. Even the warhorses are played fast and with great energy, unfortunately the current No Filter performances are so much different.

Are you sure about this? Then maybe it's worth getting the lossless version from Qobuz : [www.qobuz.com]

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: September 30, 2017 02:47

Leonioid
sad smiley went out looking for this at 5 stores today... came home empty handed...
not at either of my two local record shops... nor at bestbuy, target or walmart... fkrsangry smiley

This morning Amazon said they'd get the Blueray to me by 9 pm tonight.
Amazon Prime- 2 day, 1 day, same day delivery.

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: September 30, 2017 02:54

WarMachine
Happily, the disc’s LPCM stereo option fared much better. While it still didn’t boast great bass response, at least it lost the heavy-handed crowd noise – this left us able to actually hear the songs!

In addition, the stereo version lacked the oppressive reverb of the 5.1 mix, so the singing and playing all seemed clearer and more natural. It’s still not a great track, but it’s the only listenable option – the 5.1 track flops.[/i]"

Review

Okay so then it's sounds like the reverb issue is only on the 5.1 track, hopefully it was the 5.1 audio we heard on the youtube video. I will buy the bluray tomorrow and see how the LPCM track sounds.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: September 30, 2017 03:17

Hate to hear that the new mix has too much reverb! Thankfully there are some ways to fix that with a DAW. There are plug-ins that actually reduce the reverb in a mix and for those without there are a few tricks which may help reducing the reverb.

It involves creating tracks which are the SUM of the L and R tracks (basically a mono track) and a track which is the difference of the L and R tracks. Often times the difference track will pick up the reverb delays and the summed track will double the gain of the dry stuff. Then you can create a new mix using the originals and these two tracks, adding the inverted subbed track to cancel out the reverb and the mixing a bit of the mono track in places where necessary. If there are good surround track the job becomes a bit different but the results are typically a lot better.

I know it sounds complicated but for a show as sweet as the Fonda it will be well worth the trouble. I'm happy to go deeper if anyone is so inclined, including recommending some plug in's that do the job for you.

Anxious to listen to this Blue Ray mix! Too bad Bob Clearmountain didn't give us the sweet mix he talked about when he fisrt did the CD mix and a rough DVD mix. No doubt it was Mick sitting over his shoulder saying "more reverb Bob!". Nothing gets released witrhout Micks approval and in the end pleasing him is what Bob gets paid for.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: September 30, 2017 03:40

TheBlockbuster
I think Ronnie's solo sounds awesome. Love the reverb and creamy tone.

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: September 30, 2017 03:49

The CD & Digital Audio mix as the same as before. Very compressed and lots of reverb. Does it sound good? Yes. Could it have sounded better. Yes.

Posted by: ThumpinJackFlash ()
Date: September 30, 2017 04:25

Enjoying the release thus far, though I do agree with there being a little too much reverb.

When The Whip Comes Down was smoking though.

Posted by: JohnnyBGoode ()
Date: September 30, 2017 04:48

Loved it! Think I might have popped one during Rock Me, Baby.

Posted by: HomerSimpson ()
Date: September 30, 2017 05:36

Finished 6 weeks of radiation therapy today. Celebrating at home with some medicinals and this wonderful new blu-ray!! Been waiting for it since the day I heard it was confirmed. I hear what others say about the reverb, but for me it's ok. My system cranks the DTS 5.1 LOUD.

This immediately becomes my #1 Stones DVD. Stripped Amsterdam is now #2 followed by Ladies and Gentelman.

Now on the other hand, this book I got Tuesday (live I the 60s) still sits shrink wrapped on my table. I'm debating sending it back to Amazon.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: September 30, 2017 05:55

35love
Leonioid

This morning Amazon said they'd get the Blueray to me by 9 pm tonight.
Amazon Prime- 2 day, 1 day, same day delivery.

Cool, are they delivering by drone? Hope you get it tonight... wish I had it...
but I have enough other cool Stones stuff to keep me distracted and happy today

The worst part, besides these places (claiming) not having it was the blank looks
on generation swift/rap as they said who/what/nope. I would bet
some copies were actually in one of the stores but the taylorswift fans
rap lovers are just not bright enough to put it out.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 27

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1459
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home