Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415
Current Page: 15 of 15
Re: Sticky Fingers Live At The Fonda to be released on DVD/Blu Ray
Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: August 13, 2017 04:11

flairville
Someone is misinformed around overdubs. The solo on She Was Hot from SAL isn't overdubbed, in fact during the end of the song they reach an absolute high and Lisa starts screaming and Mick can't move fast enough. It's a brilliant version.
I'm not aware of overdubs on Live Licks either.
The Biggest Bang from Texas is overdubbed, massively and that's why I don't watch it.

If the Zilker Park, Austin TX 22/10/2006 show has overdubs, then why did they leave in Keith's fu#k up on 'Sway' - when he hits a wrong chord pretty blatantly?

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: August 13, 2017 04:46

To let people think it has no overdubs winking smiley but watch Under My Thumb, pretty obvious...

Date: August 13, 2017 05:14

Edit, or no edit, overdubs...IMO is all a moot point. It's Jagger;s singing who makes it unbearable for me to watch or listen to.
Take "She Was Hot" from SAl e.g. - it has the best moment ( for me the only tolerable) in the film, when Lisa "whoops it up for a second, and maybe gets Jagger to cut loose for a bit. But through the whole song he has given this minimalistic, whiny half talk,half sing-song kind of delivery.
So when I see "Sway", "She Was Hot", "CYHMK" on a setlist it doesn't mean much. They are austere perfunctory readings.
He showed more heart & soul in "Ole Ole" sitting on that chair with Keith yodeling along to 'Country Honk'

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-13 05:17 by Palace Revolution 2000.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415
Current Page: 15 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 375
Record Number of Users: 135 on May 20, 2015 22:23
Record Number of Guests: 3948 on December 7, 2015 15:07

Previous page Next page First page IORR home