Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 27
Re: Sticky Fingers Live At The Fonda to be released on DVD/Blu Ray
Posted by: tioms ()
Date: August 10, 2017 16:29

They may that bring out in several seperated boxes. I'll buy them all.
And I do not on WT or something like that, reason: I can't.
I only buy silvers.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: August 10, 2017 18:41

The plaintive (and fascinating) side disappears completely on Sway and CYHMK.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: August 10, 2017 19:44

I wouldn't be surprised if all of these songs are overdubbed just like the way the solo was replaced in "She Was Hot" from Shine a Light. Maybe Sway and others will get better with overdubs?

Date: August 10, 2017 20:37

exilestones
I wouldn't be surprised if all of these songs are overdubbed just like the way the solo was replaced in "She Was Hot" from Shine a Light. Maybe Sway and others will get better with overdubs?

SAL has no overdubs.

They won't release Fonda first, like they did, and now release it with overdubs. Won't happen.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: August 10, 2017 20:46

DandelionPowderman
exilestones

SAL has no overdubs.

They won't release Fonda first, like they did, and now release it with overdubs. Won't happen.

Don't count on this. They did this with Live Licks too smiling smiley

Date: August 10, 2017 21:27

hockenheim95
DandelionPowderman
exilestones

SAL has no overdubs.

Are you saying that the Four Flicks-versions of the same songs, later released on Live Licks are without overdubs and that there are overdubs on LL?

Or were you thinking of the guitar tech overdubs on Biggest Bang?

I got confused now - what did I miss? smiling smiley

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: August 10, 2017 21:39

Someone is misinformed around overdubs. The solo on She Was Hot from SAL isn't overdubbed, in fact during the end of the song they reach an absolute high and Lisa starts screaming and Mick can't move fast enough. It's a brilliant version.
I'm not aware of overdubs on Live Licks either.
The Biggest Bang from Texas is overdubbed, massively and that's why I don't watch it.

Date: August 10, 2017 23:25

DandelionPowderman
hockenheim95
DandelionPowderman
exilestones

SAL has no overdubs.

Are you saying that the Four Flicks-versions of the same songs, later released on Live Licks are without overdubs and that there are overdubs on LL?

I can't compare now and haven't listened to it for a while but I think they have totally different vocals on Street fighting man on twickenham Dvd and live
Licks.

Date: August 10, 2017 23:34

hockenheim95
DandelionPowderman
hockenheim95
DandelionPowderman
exilestones

SAL has no overdubs.

I can't compare now and haven't listened to it for a while but I think they have totally different vocals on Street fighting man on twickenham Dvd and live
Licks.

At least there is a horrendous edit on Rocks Off, but that's something else smiling smiley

Thanks, will check out SFM.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: August 11, 2017 00:15

flairville
Someone is misinformed around overdubs. The solo on She Was Hot from SAL isn't overdubbed, in fact during the end of the song they reach an absolute high and Lisa starts screaming and Mick can't move fast enough. It's a brilliant version.
The Biggest Bang from Texas is overdubbed, massively and that's why I don't watch it.

What gave it away? When you hear vocals and Mick's mouth isn't moving?

Date: August 11, 2017 00:41

24FPS
flairville

What gave it away? When you hear vocals and Mick's mouth isn't moving?

The guitar techs are credited with "additional recording" on The Biggest Bang. Watch Under My Thumb and you'll see why..

Date: August 11, 2017 01:12

DandelionPowderman
hockenheim95
DandelionPowderman
hockenheim95
DandelionPowderman
exilestones

SAL has no overdubs.

Licks.

At least there is a horrendous edit on Rocks Off, but that's something else smiling smiley

Thanks, will check out SFM.

I think there are guitar overdubs on waiting on a friend on no security that aren't on the DVD. And they often showed something on TV which was later overdubbed and officially released like Paris 76, Hampton 81 and Rio. I hope there are no oberdubs on the new Vault release but who knows. They even overdubbed the "ohh ohh ohh..." Part on Miss You from Hampton

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: August 11, 2017 03:26

Corina is heavily overdubbed on No Security compared with the live boot.

Date: August 11, 2017 06:01

DandelionPowderman
exilestones

SAL has no overdubs.

She Was Hot solo was replaced in the studio.

Date: August 11, 2017 07:59

exilestones
DandelionPowderman
exilestones

SAL has no overdubs.

Proof?

I don't think the Stones were in the studio at all after the SAL-shows.

Nobody walks into the studio and adds a solo like this. It's as live as it gets (round 2:00).

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-11 10:06 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: August 11, 2017 10:37

Out of control Havana Moon : overdubs masterpiece smiling smiley

Date: August 11, 2017 10:38

powerage78
Out of control Havana Moon : overdubs masterpiece smiling smiley

Don't confuse overdubs with edits.. Keith didn't do the edits. That happened in the mixing process by sound engineers and mixers.

Overdubbing is going to the studio and adding stuff. That never happened on Out Of Control. They peeled off bum notes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-11 10:40 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: August 11, 2017 10:52

Ok thanks.
Lot of edit work on this one so.
Keith solo was awful.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: August 11, 2017 11:59

@Dandelion and powerage
According to the Sound on Sound Interview with Bob Clearmountain on Shine A Light, everything is live except for 4 seconds of a guitar solo Ronnie wanted to replace. There are some notes from Keith I am really suprised about they weren't overdubbed, his playing was at a downpoint that tour IMHO.

Date: August 11, 2017 12:07

StonedRambler
@Dandelion and powerage
According to the Sound on Sound Interview with Bob Clearmountain on Shine A Light, everything is live except for 4 seconds of a guitar solo Ronnie wanted to replace. There are some notes from Keith I am really suprised about they weren't overdubbed, his playing was at a downpoint that tour IMHO.

Thanks. But the main question is:

Did Ronnie go to the studio to record a new part, or did they replace a few bum notes with something they got already (aka an edit)?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-11 12:08 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: August 11, 2017 12:24

"There are no overdubs, except for about four seconds of a solo that Ronnie wanted to fix. I also did a few minor edits, for example fixing a chord Keith missed just by cutting and pasting, things like that. But it's very minimal. I don't know whether people realise that most artists today spend weeks in the studio redoing things on 'live' albums. By contrast, virtually everything on Shine A Light really is live"
Seems to be an overdub. Since Clearmountain was as the Beacon theatre to record the audio, I can imagine that Ronnie just came to him and they did it quickly on the spot.
[www.soundonsound.com]
Love Clearmountain. That Jagger was with him during the CD mixing are probably the reason his vocals are much too loud on the CD..

Date: August 11, 2017 12:26

StonedRambler
"There are no overdubs, except for about four seconds of a solo that Ronnie wanted to fix. I also did a few minor edits, for example fixing a chord Keith missed just by cutting and pasting, things like that. But it's very minimal. I don't know whether people realise that most artists today spend weeks in the studio redoing things on 'live' albums. By contrast, virtually everything on Shine A Light really is live"
Seems to be an overdub. Since Clearmountain was as the Beacon theatre to record the audio, I can imagine that Ronnie just came to him and they did it quickly on the spot.
[www.soundonsound.com]
Love Clearmountain. That Jagger was with him during the CD mixing are probably the reason his vocals are much too loud on the CD..

thumbs up

Date: August 11, 2017 12:45

Since Havana Moon was also discussed: As far as I know there are no overdubs on there but a bit of copy/paste. Clearmountain was not only given the Cuban concert to mix at the time but also some songs from other concerts that were put on Ole Ole Ole. In Out Of Control for example Mick forgot the words after the first chorus, and that phrase "and the police on the corner" was taken from another concert. What's funny is that it's still not the right words, the right words would have been "and the girls in the doorway.."
Most songs were left untouched though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-11 12:49 by StonedRambler.

Date: August 11, 2017 13:41

StonedRambler
Since Havana Moon was also discussed: As far as I know there are no overdubs on there but a bit of copy/paste. Clearmountain was not only given the Cuban concert to mix at the time but also some songs from other concerts that were put on Ole Ole Ole. In Out Of Control for example Mick forgot the words after the first chorus, and that phrase "and the police on the corner" was taken from another concert. What's funny is that it's still not the right words, the right words would have been "and the girls in the doorway.."
Most songs were left untouched though.

And delete winking smiley

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: August 11, 2017 14:27

Guy, you are too serious and head to absolutely perfection. Just check what Frank Zappa did to his 'You Can't Do That On Stage Anymore' project. Sometime he mixed the song together from different decades and line-ups. And you are annoyed by a few copy/paste/delete notes. winking smiley

Date: August 11, 2017 14:31

ironbelly
Guy, you are too serious and head to absolutely perfection. Just check what Frank Zappa did to his 'You Can't Do That On Stage Anymore' project. Sometime he mixed the song together from different decades and line-ups. And you are annoyed by a few copy/paste/delete notes. winking smiley

I don't think anyone is annoyed?

There are way more guitar overdubs on Ya Yas, compared to SAL, anyway smiling smiley

Date: August 11, 2017 15:32

You mean annoyed by Ron and Keith playing ? drinking smiley

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: August 11, 2017 18:22

Is it a documentary? Is it a concert film? Make your mind up! Editing interviews into a live music concert is a capital crime imo. The talking heads blunt the impact the music and completely interrupt the flow of the show.

Date: August 12, 2017 19:13

DandelionPowderman
exilestones
DandelionPowderman
exilestones

SAL has no overdubs.

Proof?

Nobody walks into the studio and adds a solo like this. It's as live as it gets (round 2:00).

[www.youtube.com]

Prove it wasn't.

Date: August 12, 2017 19:59

exilestones
DandelionPowderman
exilestones
DandelionPowderman
exilestones

SAL has no overdubs.

Proof?

[www.youtube.com]

Prove it wasn't.

That's easy now that we know that it was Ronnie who did the overdub, not Keith, who plays the guitar solo on She Was Hot.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-12 19:59 by DandelionPowderman.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 27

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1759
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home