Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 27
Re: Sticky Fingers Live At The Fonda to be released on DVD/Blu Ray
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: August 2, 2017 19:15

Irix
The Japanese Editions are also available (15-Sept-2017) at [www.jpc.de] .

2 DVDs? confused smiley

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 2, 2017 19:20

Cristiano Radtke

2 DVDs? confused smiley

They certainly mean 2 Discs (BR+CD or DVD+CD) ....

Date: August 2, 2017 22:01

Thanks for the clarification, Irix! thumbs up

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: August 2, 2017 22:10

The jpc-prices are completely out of this world.
I understand that there will only be a single CD coming with the BR/DVD. Can´t be the complete concert...confused smiley

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: August 2, 2017 22:21

HMS
I understand that there will only be a single CD coming with the BR/DVD. Can´t be the complete concert...confused smiley
These prices are for Japanese import sold by jpc. You can try to sneak one from Japan directly, but I doubt it would be cheaper.

The price for regular 3LP + DVD is OK.

Regarding the CD they can edit out everything but the songs and overburn the CD like they did for Some Girls Live In Texas DVD: 85:00, CD: 79:58. Surely they can edit out solo in CYHMK too winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-02 22:26 by ironbelly.

Date: August 2, 2017 22:33

ironbelly
HMS
These prices are for Japanese import sold by jpc. You can try to sneak one from Japan directly, but I doubt it would be cheaper.

The price for regular 3LP + DVD is OK.

Regarding the CD they can edit out everything but the songs and overburn the CD like they did for Some Girls Live In Texas DVD: 85:00, CD: 79:58. Surely they can edit out solo in CYHMK too winking smiley

It's cheaper than Amazon UK (43,99 euro on JPC vs £64,71 on Amazon).

Date: August 2, 2017 22:40

HMS

The 'Sticky Fingers Live' iTunes-Album with 10 Tracks has a Runtime of 51 mins, the CD of the upcoming From-The-Vault-Release has 16 Tracks - so it could fit onto one CD (nearly 80 mins) ....

Date: August 2, 2017 23:05

Google-Translations of the Japanese WardRecords-Releases:

DVD

BluRay

DVD+CD

BluRay+CD

DVD+CD+T-Shirt

BluRay+CD+T-Shirt

Super-Premium-DVD-Box

Super-Premium-BluRay-Box

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-02 23:15 by Irix.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: August 2, 2017 23:36

Listening to the iTunes release for the first time in awhile. Forgot what a mess some of these performances were (Sway, I Got The Blues) amongst really great performances like Sister Morphine and You Gotta Move.

Date: August 3, 2017 00:35

Why is I Got The Blues a mess? It's the best track on there...

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: August 3, 2017 00:47

I think all performances are really well played. Sway could be a bit slower, but it also has it's charm in that tempo. If you want to hear a messed up version listen to one of the 2006 ones. Those were horrible IMHO.

Posted by: ElGeordie ()
Date: August 3, 2017 00:52

Will the vinyl set have download codes like B & L did?
The US Amazon site is useless: it mentions dual disc and Hybrid SACD amongst other dead/ unlikely formats. This is obviously garbage and of course, there's no information at all on the Eagle Rock website.
I like vinyl for at home but use the digital files for in the car and at the gym. Buying vinyl with download codes means I don't have to pay twice for the same music.

Posted by: ElGeordie ()
Date: August 3, 2017 01:13

I just took a look at the UK Amazon site: they're listing a DVD + LP set for 27 quid.

Amazon.co.uk listing
The text does say that there are only 2 discs which tells me that its a DVD + CD (Not LP). However, it may be worth trying to get the vinyl for the cheap price - before they correct the error.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: August 3, 2017 02:06

DandelionPowderman

I really like that song too. I think the whole show is brillant - even Brown Sugar

Posted by: Toxic34 ()
Date: August 3, 2017 03:10

Looking forward to this release. It will quite thrilling, I'm sure.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: August 3, 2017 05:26

hockenheim95
DandelionPowderman

I really like that song too. I think the whole show is brillant - even Brown Sugar
I Got The Blues is maybe my favorite song they ever did and I just feel its very sloppy here. I forget whether its instrumentally or vocally, I think its instrumentally with the horns just totally off. The end is completely off if I remember correct. Its supposed to build and it sounds like the band has no idea what to do. Sway is also completely off instrumentally with all the stops and starts and way too sped up, especially in the chorus. Ronnie soloing I have no issue with. And this is actually one of the few Brown Sugars I don't like. I like most of the latter day ones but they stretch this out to 7 minutes for literally zero reason. They get to the normal 5 minute mark they usually do then for no reason at all go back to the "yeah, yeah" portion.

I don't really mind that its sloppy Stones. I like sloppy Stones. I am a bit surprised it got released though and getting a wider one now. I loved that they played the album, and again some of the performances are great, but I thought some songs were totally underrehearsed. As for the best track on there, I think they peak with Sister Morphine. They absolutely destroy that one.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-03 05:33 by RollingFreak.

Date: August 3, 2017 08:37

The end is like that on purpose smiling smiley

They are stopping it, like the old soul greats do. And then restarts it. It's a homage!

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: August 3, 2017 09:28

ElGeordie
I just took a look at the UK Amazon site: they're listing a DVD + LP set for 27 quid.

Amazon.co.uk listing
The text does say that there are only 2 discs which tells me that its a DVD + CD (Not LP). However, it may be worth trying to get the vinyl for the cheap price - before they correct the error.

Arriving 10 Oct - 14 Oct
Pre-ordered
Track package

The Rolling Stones: From The Vault - Sticky Fingers Live At The Fonda Theatre [DVD+LP] [NTSC]
The Rolling Stones
Sold by: Amazon EU S.a.r.L.
£22.65
Condition: New
Add gift option
Release date: Friday, 29 September 2017
Submit
Buy it again
Change Payment Method
Cancel items
Hide Order
Delivery speed
Standard Delivery
Change

Rod

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: August 3, 2017 11:42

Good golly... this is all getting sooooo complicated, again... confused smiley

So, if I read all this correct, the only way to get the audio CD is to buy the Japanese 'combi' with either DVD or Blu-ray (and be stuck with Japanese subtitling on that, btw)... am I right? Or will these combi's be available, and/or the CD be released seperately here in Europe as well?

Thx in advance for the heads-up.

(phew. Where's the local record store when you need one. smoking smiley )

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-03 11:43 by RoughJusticeOnYa.

Posted by: ak1977 ()
Date: August 3, 2017 12:17

RoughJusticeOnYa
Good golly... this is all getting sooooo complicated, again... confused smiley

So, if I read all this correct, the only way to get the audio CD is to buy the Japanese 'combi' with either DVD or Blu-ray (and be stuck with Japanese subtitling on that, btw)... am I right? Or will these combi's be available, and/or the CD be released seperately here in Europe as well?

Thx in advance for the heads-up.

(phew. Where's the local record store when you need one. smoking smiley )

I'm sure it will be available in the rest of the world too. Japan, for some reason, always shows up first.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: August 3, 2017 15:27

It would be great if they edited out the screaming woman at the start of You Gotta Move. Sounds like she's being assaulted or stabbed to death.

Date: August 3, 2017 16:04

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: August 3, 2017 16:53

Thank you! The sound mix sounds much better than the iTunes version

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: August 3, 2017 16:54

kdsalter
Hey Exilestones,

So I was disappointed by the SFL album. I don't think it sounded anywhere near as good as the show itself. I am hoping some of the magic of that night translates to the DVD better than it did to the audio recording. But I wonder, did the reason it sounded so extraordinary that night 2 years and 1 week ago stem from the excitement of just being there? Or was the band really as off-the-charts awesome as we perceived them to be? I may be naive, but I am thinking the later.

I think the SFL album we downloaded doesn't have the best sound. Many times live experiences don't come across the same on the recording. I think it will be better on the new release; higher quality, etc..

We'll find out soon.

Date: August 3, 2017 17:10

DVD: STONES-FONDA-DVD

BluRay: STONES-FONDA-BR

DVD+CD: STONES-FONDA-DVD+CD

BluRay+CD: Amazon.com

DVD+3LP: STONES-FONDA-DVD+3LP

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-03 21:45 by Irix.

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: August 3, 2017 17:20

Here's the press release:

New York, NY (August 3, 2017)-- On September 29, 2017, Eagle Rock Entertainment will unveil The Rolling Stones’ From The Vault: Sticky Fingers: Live At The Fonda Theatre 2015 on DVD+CD, Blu-ray+CD, DVD+3LP, and digital formats [MSRP $21.98 DVD+CD, $26.98 Blu-ray+CD, $49.98 DVD+3LP] This is the fifth release “From The Vault”, a series of live concerts from The Rolling Stones archive which are being officially released for the first time.

This latest addition to the acclaimed “From The Vault” series captures a truly unique event in the storied history of The Rolling Stones. On May 20, 2015 at the Fonda Theatre in Hollywood, California, the band performed the entire Sticky Fingers album live in concert for the first (and so far only time) in their career. The show celebrated the reissue of the Sticky Fingers album and was the opening night of The Rolling Stones’ North American Zip Code Tour that would run over the next two months. The intimate setting of the Fonda Theatre was in contrast to the huge stadiums in which the band would perform for the rest of the tour and made this an incredibly special occasion for those fans lucky enough to get a ticket. This incredible release includes Stones classics like “Brown Sugar”, “Wild Horses”, “Start Me Up”, “Jumpin’ Jack Flash”, “Bitch”, “Dead Flowers”, “When The Whip Comes Down”, and more.

The DVD & Blu-ray include interviews with the band members intercut with full-length performances. The CD and 3LP feature the full show as performed on the night. As Bonus Features, the DVD & Blu-ray include tracks cut from the concert film: “All Down The Line”, “When The Whip Comes Down”, and “I Can’t Turn You Loose”.

From The Vault: Sticky Fingers Live At The Fonda Theatre 2015 is a full-blooded interpretation of one of The Rolling Stones’ most loved works. Combined with the bonus interviews, it proves an incredible experience for any Stones fan.

Date: August 3, 2017 17:45

The Rolling Stones - From The Vaults: Sticky Fingers – Live At The Fonda Theatre 2015

DVD: [www.jpc.de] - € 17.99

BluRay: [www.jpc.de] - € 19.99

DVD+CD: [www.jpc.de] - € 21.99

DVD+3LP: [www.jpc.de] - € 43.99

Worldwide Shipping costs: [www.jpc.de] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-03 17:55 by Irix.

Date: August 3, 2017 19:35

Official announcement - [www.RollingStones.com] :

3 AUGUST 2017

PRE-ORDER NOW! FROM THE VAULT – STICKY FINGERS: LIVE AT THE FONDA THEATRE 2015

Coming out this September is From The Vault – Sticky Fingers: Live At The Fonda Theatre 2015 – the first and only time The Rolling Stones performed Sticky Fingers in its entirety, live in concert!

This is the latest addition to the acclaimed “From The Vault” series and captures a truly unique event in the long and eventful history of The Rolling Stones. On the 20th May 2015 at the Fonda Theatre in Hollywood, California, the band performed the entire Sticky Fingers album live in concert for the first and so far only time in their career. The show celebrated the reissue of the Sticky Fingers album and was the opening night of The Rolling Stones Zip Code Tour of North America, that would run over the next two months. The intimate setting of the Fonda Theatre was in contrast to the huge stadiums in which the band would perform for the rest of the tour and made this an incredibly special occasion for those fans lucky enough to get a ticket.

The DVD & Blu-ray include interviews with the band members intercut with full length performances. The CD and 3LP feature the full show as performed on the night. Bonus Features on DVD & Blu-ray include tracks cut from the concert film: All Down The Line, When The Whip Comes Down, I Can’t Turn You Loose.

TRACKLISTING:

DVD: 1) Start Me Up 2) Sway 3) Dead Flowers 4) Wild Horses 5) Sister Morphine 6) You Gotta Move 7) Bitch 8) Can’t You Hear Me Knocking 9) I Got The Blues 10) Moonlight Mile 11) Brown Sugar 12) Rock Me Baby 13) Jumpin’ Jack Flash

CD: 1) Start Me Up 2) When The Whip Comes Down 3) All Down The Line 4) Sway 5) Dead Flowers 6) Wild Horses 7) Sister Morphine 8) You Gotta Move 9) Bitch 10) Can’t You Hear Me Knocking 11) I Got The Blues 12) Moonlight Mile 13) Brown Sugar 14) Rock Me Baby 15) Jumpin’ Jack Flash 16) I Can’t Turn You Loose

3LP Side A: 1) Start Me Up 2) When The Whip Comes Down 3) All Down The Line Side B: 1) Sway 2) Dead Flowers 3) Wild Horses Side C: 1) Sister Morphine 2) You Gotta Move 3) Bitch Side D: 1) Can’t You Hear Me Knocking 2) I Got The Blues Side E: 1) Moonlight Mile 2) Brown Sugar Side F: 1) Rock Me Baby 2) Jumpin’ Jack Flash 3) I Can’t Turn You Loose

[www.RollingStones.com] · [Twitter.com] · [www.Facebook.com] · [www.Eagle-Rock.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-03 21:40 by Irix.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: August 3, 2017 20:49

So it's looks like no blurry/cd combo. Only the regular DVD comes with the cd?

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: August 3, 2017 21:13

Bashlets
So it's looks like no blurry/cd combo. Only the regular DVD comes with the cd?

That's pretty much been the case with all the 'From the Vault' releases I think.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 27

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1930
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home