Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 27
Re: Sticky Fingers Live At The Fonda to be released on DVD/Blu Ray
Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: May 29, 2017 15:58

35love
kdsalter
And thanks for posting the photos. My daughter is in the 2nd row at the far left. I am in the black t-shirt one person behind her and to the right.

^ Father of the year award ^

thumbs up ............. smiling smiley

Posted by: kdsalter ()
Date: May 29, 2017 18:41

35love
kdsalter
And thanks for posting the photos. My daughter is in the 2nd row at the far left. I am in the black t-shirt one person behind her and to the right.

Ha! I guess so. For her first concert, I took her to the first LA show at Staples in 2013. Our Lucky Dip tickets landed us front row center in the Tongue Pit, right in front of Mick.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: May 29, 2017 22:46

kdsalter
35love
kdsalter

Ha! I guess so. For her first concert, I took her to the first LA show at Staples in 2013. Our Lucky Dip tickets landed us front row center in the Tongue Pit, right in front of Mick.

Get OUT. (translation: the saying 'no way! get outta here!)

I actually, 1/2 heartedly (because if I thought there was a slight chance, I would have upped my game/presentation)
tried to offer my 19 year old son a trip to Hamburg when I picked him up from college last week. RS concert, he and I, first time to Europe, by appealing to his mathematical mind trying to describe the Elbphilharmonie
I should have had pics handy (and an extra $5-7k I don't have)
C'la vie, I do have a ticket to Paris!!
Edit: ^^ C'est la Vie ^^ need to up my HS French!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-29 22:48 by 35love.

Date: May 30, 2017 04:44

I just got back from 2 weeks in southern Spain and northern Italy, cycling with friends. Less than a week after I returned an old colleague of mine, out of the blue, declared his intention to travel to Europe in the fall to see the RS -- and asked me to join him. I told him that I would have to think about it 'cause the resulting divorce would be quite pricey!

Date: May 30, 2017 05:01

35love
kdsalter
35love
kdsalter

Get OUT. (translation: the saying 'no way! get outta here!)

I actually, 1/2 heartedly (because if I thought there was a slight chance, I would have upped my game/presentation)
tried to offer my 19 year old son a trip to Hamburg when I picked him up from college last week. RS concert, he and I, first time to Europe, by appealing to his mathematical mind trying to describe the Elbphilharmonie
I should have had pics handy (and an extra $5-7k I don't have)
C'la vie, I do have a ticket to Paris!!
Edit: ^^ C'est la Vie ^^ need to up my HS French!

It's true! [www.dropbox.com]

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: May 30, 2017 06:13

Date: May 30, 2017 06:29

Hey Exilestones,

So I was disappointed by the SFL album. I don't think it sounded anywhere near as good as the show itself. I am hoping some of the magic of that night translates to the DVD better than it did to the audio recording. But I wonder, did the reason it sounded so extraordinary that night 2 years and 1 week ago stem from the excitement of just being there? Or was the band really as off-the-charts awesome as we perceived them to be? I may be naive, but I am thinking the later.

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: May 30, 2017 09:46

kdsalter
I just got back from 2 weeks in southern Spain and northern Italy, cycling with friends. Less than a week after I returned an old colleague of mine, out of the blue, declared his intention to travel to Europe in the fall to see the RS -- and asked me to join him. I told him that I would have to think about it 'cause the resulting divorce would be quite pricey!

Comments like this make me embarrassed to be a fan of this band.

Date: May 30, 2017 12:22

Bastion
kdsalter

Hmmm...if you are suggesting that my posts have been a bit obnoxious and braggy...I plead guilty as charged.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-30 12:48 by kdsalter.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: May 30, 2017 12:58

kdsalter
Bastion
kdsalter

Hmmm...if you are suggesting that my posts have been a bit obnoxious and braggy...I plead guilty as charged.

*I'm not getting that vibe one bit, I believe I coerced that story, and rightly so. With 100's of millions of fans across the world,
pretty freakin special when the stars moon and sun align
for some at the right place, right time.
Thanks for sharing.

Date: May 30, 2017 16:01

35love
kdsalter
Bastion
kdsalter

*I'm not getting that vibe one bit, I believe I coerced that story, and rightly so. With 100's of millions of fans across the world,
pretty freakin special when the stars moon and sun align
for some at the right place, right time.
Thanks for sharing.

Thanks, 35love. I really did feel fortunate and humble for my run of good luck. I tried to share the experience, as best I could, by writing a heartfelt review. [iorr.org]

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 31, 2017 07:22

kdsalter
Bastion
kdsalter

I think he's pissed you've picked your wife over the band. Don't let the little head do the thinking for the big head...or something.

Date: May 31, 2017 08:03

treaclefingers
kdsalter
Bastion
kdsalter

I think he's pissed you've picked your wife over the band. Don't let the little head do the thinking for the big head...or something.

Absolutely not at all to do with that.

Date: May 31, 2017 08:10

Bastion
treaclefingers
kdsalter
Bastion
kdsalter

ah...you don't like travelling to europe...thought that might be have been it as well.

Date: May 31, 2017 09:21

treaclefingers
Bastion
treaclefingers
kdsalter
Bastion
kdsalter

ah...you don't like travelling to europe...thought that might be have been it as well.

Nope. Some people here are that ridiculous they don't even realise it.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: May 31, 2017 13:11

Have they announced a release date yet ?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 31, 2017 13:30

TheGreek

Have they announced a release date yet ?

No.

Maybe it'll be released shortly before the NoFilter Tour start ....

Date: May 31, 2017 16:13

Yesterday Eagle Rock Entertainment declared "SF" as album of the week. Maybe that is a hint.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: May 31, 2017 17:35

kdsalter
Yesterday Eagle Rock Entertainment declared "SF" as album of the week. Maybe that is a hint.
And they put out video from Ladies And Gentlemen. That CD (stand alone CD with the soundtrack from the movie) suppose to be out on June 16.

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: May 31, 2017 20:43

So is this the norm going forward? - put out a DVD. everyone buy - and once done A stand alone CD release- TEXAS 78- LADIES AND GENTLEMEN - CHECKERBOARD LOUNGE. The milking has gone sour surely. Are we fans so obviously dim. Someone is taking the p.., Or maybe you have to have every release? your choice. I ain t knocking that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-31 20:45 by Tonstone.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: May 31, 2017 20:59

Most of the releases were packaged together. If you only bought the DVD because your budget didn't cover the combo releases, they're now releasing the CD separately as well. In the case of LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, THE ROLLING STONES there was only a DVD release and now there's a CD soundtrack. This isn't a subscription service where Promotone mails you a new release each month and you have a short window to return without being charged. You buy it if you want it. Bitching is optional.

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: May 31, 2017 22:28

Botching is optional.

Favourite quote for ages .

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: May 31, 2017 23:25

Rocky Dijon
Bitching is optional.

It surely is.

On the other hand, they know there's (still, after all these years...) a few thousand addicts out there who desperately need everything, every release, in whatever format, no matter if the actual content is exactly the same as on previous
releases or packages. These addicts are also called "serious collectors".

The question at stake is: Are they feeding or milking them? Or both?

Date: June 1, 2017 00:17

Rocky Dijon
Most of the releases were packaged together. If you only bought the DVD because your budget didn't cover the combo releases, they're now releasing the CD separately as well. In the case of LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, THE ROLLING STONES there was only a DVD release and now there's a CD soundtrack. This isn't a subscription service where Promotone mails you a new release each month and you have a short window to return without being charged. You buy it if you want it. Bitching is optional.
Please don't try and lecture or patronise me on how to buy The Rolling Stones. Bitching ? is making a comment construed as bitching ? - I have bought all the combos. Can you confirm if the Fonda show is being released as a combo ? and if not why not?

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: June 1, 2017 02:45

Wasn't patronizing or lecturing, just giving my thoughts same as you. And as far as bitching goes, we all do it about every aspect of the band.

Posted by: HankM ()
Date: June 1, 2017 03:14

Can you confirm if the Fonda show is being released as a combo ?
There is no confirmation that this show is being released as a full show DVD at all...

as far as bitching goes, we all do it about every aspect of the band.
Not me... the only bitching I ever do about this band

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 1, 2017 03:39

kdsalter

Today they've posted another hint, maybe?

[www.facebook.com]

And:

"Rock Me Baby is one of the most recorded blues songs of all time!"

[www.facebook.com]

Date: June 1, 2017 05:00

Rocky Dijon
Wasn't patronizing or lecturing, just giving my thoughts same as you. And as far as bitching goes, we all do it about every aspect of the band.
OK Rocky fair point no hard feelings.

Date: June 1, 2017 06:10

Bastion
treaclefingers
Bastion
treaclefingers
kdsalter
Bastion
kdsalter

Nope. Some people here are that ridiculous they don't even realise it.

then someone should sit down and explain that to you

Date: June 2, 2017 16:54

Rolling Stones: new live approach
While Olé Olé Olé is out this week, the 2015 Rolling Stones concert at the Fonda Theater in Los Angeles is expected in the fall.

This concert is still the only one in which the Rolling Stones have played the entire Sticky Fingers album live.
Filmed and directed by Paul Dugdale to whom we owe many other filmed releases of the band (Sweet Summer Sun, Havana Moon, Olé Olé Olé), this concert was only available in audio version incomplete via iTunes.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 27

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1750
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home