Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: No Filter.... meaning?
Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: May 31, 2017 20:56

May 11: No Stones shows in UK until 2018
The Rolling Stones just published the following message today on Twitter: "Sorry to our UK fans there are no UK dates on this run, due to lack of available venues because of sporting fixtures. Hope to be here in 2018". See The Rolling Stones on Twitter.

[From the IORR News Page]

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: May 31, 2017 23:23

maybe just a typo – it is meant to be the "no filler"-tour, i.e. we'll only get the old warhorses that are played to death… and no rare songs (i.e. fillers – from the perspective of 98.5% of the audience)

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: May 31, 2017 23:48

Still no UK Shows !!! IN 2017 !!! - It's a mystery how they could not find a UK venue when I know at least 10 Scottish soccer Venues would have grabbed the opportunity Up to and including October. As well as Edinburgh Castle for an Iconic Show. Would love someone to prove to me what UK venues where asked and could not accommodate?

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: June 1, 2017 02:47

Even if you asked the band personally, you wouldn't get that. It's the decision they made for whatever reason. Continental Europe only this year. They either don't want the extra shows or it's for tax purposes was my guess.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 2, 2017 01:45

Not this year.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: June 2, 2017 04:42

If you don't know the meaning then you are a Doe Doe Bird.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: June 2, 2017 04:53

Chris Fountain
If you don't know the meaning then you are a Doe Doe Bird.

Okay, it's like (CA talk) I am sure, until you say: are you REALLY sure?
So Chris Fountain, you're so sure, spell it out please, re: doe doe bird

Date: June 2, 2017 07:31

Younger mind here. From what I'm assuming, the Stones are using 'No Filter' as in the social media hashtag. For #NoFilter, you typically find selfies of, more often than not, girls without a filter, hence the name. Maybe the Stones will perform sans background singers- or makeup! grinning smiley

Posted by: carouslambra ()
Date: June 2, 2017 23:04

Just heard the saying 'No Filter' on Episode 2, series 5 House of Cards. Claire Underwood meeting some guy in New York subway. She says, "give it to me straight, no filter."
I'm guessing in this context it means, no bull**** !

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: October 5, 2017 16:24

So, now that we are halfway through the No Filter tour, how do we think the name of the tour
is appropriate?
I would say, it shows the band in all their aspects. Nothing is filtered out to hide
anything, it's just the raw experience of seeing, hearing and undergoing the band.
Nothing to protect us from the glorious violence that comes from these skinny English
cats and their instruments. Straight to our hearts and souls.

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Posted by: damnation ()
Date: October 5, 2017 17:51

I hope I am wrong....

The NO FILTER tour coincides with the removal of the adjective ROLLING to STONES.
A filter can be a lense to something, or a descriptor of something; like an adjective.

If ROLLING is an adjective/filter to Stones, the fact they removed it, could mean they stop rolling after this one (and the UK).

So far for the desaster route.

I think it's meant to be 'straight in your face and ears', come as they are: no filter (just like one would say for an instagram picture).

But I still find it strange why the STONES suddenly stopped ROLLING.....
confused smiley

Date: October 5, 2017 23:14

They started the show without any introduction like:...."please welcome the greatest Rock n Roll band in the world"...

For me this was kind of "No Filter"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-05 23:15 by ThroughTheLonelyNights.

Date: October 5, 2017 23:35

I just think they are not so great at naming tours. Zip code, no filter, 14on fire... common

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: October 6, 2017 08:55

It means: As they are. No touch ups. True to self. Taken from the popular Instagram hashtag #nofilter. (Maybe they should’ve called it the #NoFilter Tour to make it clearer.)smiling smiley

Posted by: ouroux58 ()
Date: October 6, 2017 10:06

Its' really clear "No Filter", have a listen to Keith but don't worry the Filter wil be back for the next live album.
At first, I thought that "No Filter" was for a rough band then, no horns, no backcup vocals and only one keyboard. They are in fact the first filter.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: October 6, 2017 10:08

damnation
I hope I am wrong....

The NO FILTER tour coincides with the removal of the adjective ROLLING to STONES.
A filter can be a lense to something, or a descriptor of something; like an adjective.

If ROLLING is an adjective/filter to Stones, the fact they removed it, could mean they stop rolling after this one (and the UK).

So far for the desaster route.

I think it's meant to be 'straight in your face and ears', come as they are: no filter (just like one would say for an instagram picture).

But I still find it strange why the STONES suddenly stopped ROLLING.....
confused smiley

A bit more far-fetched than the ‘popular hashtag’ explanation (which makes very much sense as well); but you might be onto something here, damnation.
Oh well, we all know the end is always near don’t we.

Posted by: damnation ()
Date: October 6, 2017 14:20

RoughJusticeOnYa

Oh well, we all know the end is always near don’t we.

Yeah, and if they tour again after this one, they will need to change their band name again to ROLLING Stones. lol

By the way, I was also surprised not hearing the famous "Ladies and Gentlemen the RS" introduction anymore in CPH.

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: October 7, 2017 04:21

Lol .. it means what it says... ie.. Raw .. un-doctored ... without a vale ...lol

Filters and the mentioning of or discussion of them has become much more mainstream and used much much more in the digital age that we live in now .. from editing photos on your mobile phone .. (to some other things).... so it was relevant and a sort of 'in' way to use it the tours official title.

I suppose it is a sort of new way of saying 'unplugged' .. Yet it's far from something acoustic. Another way would be to say something is stripped down .. or open ... pure or as was said it can also mean 'uncensored' ...or uncut.
Anyway ... I'm sure you get the message. I really don't think The name had a total meaning or relevance to anything in particular ..it was just cool and a way to name a set of live shows versus something used all the time such as 'The Rolling Stones uncensored'... or something like that .. ...

Hope I helped shed a lil light on the question.

- Ian

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-07 04:24 by IanBillen.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2226
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home