Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Your favorite and least favorite ticket for RS concert
Date: May 11, 2017 16:59

I see a lot of people wanting to get the pit tickets. It makes me wonder if i'm the only one who does not prefer tickets close to the stage? I prefer to watch from a distance to see the whole stage and video (love the camerawork). I would always go for the B stage dead center. Great spot.

What is your favorite spot to see the Stones?

Re: Your favorite and least favorite ticket for RS concert
Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: May 11, 2017 18:39

Never compromise , stick to your guns and heaven forbid you expose your feelings and bottom line never take any crap .Tis better to sit it out rather than bend or bow down .Never allow others to judge you for they merely are FOOLS with no principals what so ever .They only judge you because they are spineless to look in the mirror and judge themselves spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: May 11, 2017 18:44

I've been front-row Keith's side (Foxboro '97), second row Ronnie's side (opening night of 2002 in Boston) and front-row at the B-Stage in Giants stadium in 2002.

All amazing experiences.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: May 11, 2017 18:44

I loved the 1981 ticket. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Real answer: As close as financially possible.

Posted by: HankM ()
Date: May 11, 2017 18:55

My favorite Stones concert ticket is the one
which I have in my pocket for a show tonight at a venue close by where I can go home afterwards and sleep in my own bed.

My least favorite Stones concert ticket is the one
which they didn't put on sale because they were not on tour.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-11 18:56 by HankM.

Posted by: JN99 ()
Date: May 11, 2017 19:38

I've been close, real close and I've been far away, real far away. The closer the better IMO because of the energy and excitement. The farther you get from the stage the more the energy and excitement falls off. Back for the No Security I was front and center to the B stage a couple times, those were pretty good. Best ever I'd say was when I was in the tongue pit for Philadelphia in 2013.

Philly has been pretty good to me for the Stones, have seen them there several times and also scored front row B stage tix there for No Security and 6th row at the Tower Theater for the Licks tour. Probably 3 of my top 5-6 experiences right there.

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: May 11, 2017 19:57

I was two rows back on B stage when I saw them in Melbourne 2003, front row Ronnie side 2014 Auckland, which didn't quite beat the buzz front of stage 1973 for the very first time I saw the band live.
I've been way down back too, miles back from the stage, while I didn't like it, it's the best I could get or afford at that time

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: May 11, 2017 20:02

Least Favorite - Buffalo 78 and 81

Favorite - Too many to mention.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: May 11, 2017 20:06

Personally I don't think you can beat being right at the front it's a completely different experience than being in the stands.
My least favourite Stones ticket was the one I had for the last show in Brazil on the ole tour because I didn't use it.
After the second Sao Paolo show I decided to head back to Rio instead of flying down to Porto Alegre.

Those girls on the copacabana beach were just too much temptation I couldn't resist.

Nate spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-11 20:10 by Nate.

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: May 11, 2017 20:07

I always try to go for FOS. Back in 2006 at both Twickenham shows in London I had front row seats and when the boys went out to the b-stage
I was able to leave my seat and make a dash for the b-stage and experience all the energy really close and then get back to my seat again.
Being as close as possible to the artists is the best feeling ever.

Posted by: ohotos ()
Date: May 11, 2017 20:14

My least favourite was probably in Quebec City in 2015. I was about ten rows back from the stage, against the barrier of the catwalk. The stage was so high that visibility and sound were not great. I enjoyed the show though! Oh wait, lucky dips for Brooklyn 2012 and Toronto 2013 were not really any better. High up to the side of the stage.

My favourite would probably be Barcelona in 1998 and 2002 where I was FOS and halfway between stage and B-stage against the bridge.

Posted by: ThinAir ()
Date: May 11, 2017 20:27

my favorite one was the one to the zirkus krone show. bought the day of the show from the box office for 50 Euros...
Frankfurt 2007 was a mess with the reconfiguration. but no seat in that stadium is worse than the sound in there, just horrible!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 11, 2017 20:27

Elmo Lewis
As close as financially possible.

God bless Europe and its GA policy. Just show up early and a spot against the rail a few meters from the band is yours.
Well that was before the days of the "Diamond Pit", "Platinum Spot", "Plutonium Floor" and their inflated prices. grinning smiley

Posted by: pospi ()
Date: May 11, 2017 20:50

My favorite ticket was FOS in Havana spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-11 20:56 by pospi.

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: May 11, 2017 22:51

Only seen them 3 times but...

1) Front Row - Vancouver 2006. 'Nuff said.

2) Prime seating - Montreal 1989 was supposed to be at back of floor, but we snaked 2 wicked stand seats just before showtime and nobody ever claimed them.

3) Pit (off to the side) - Desert Trip #2 - was actually physically closer to them when they came out side stage, than Vancouver, because the stage was lower and closer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-11 22:54 by mosthigh.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 12, 2017 00:29

Least favorite - one of the L.A. Coliseum shows in 1989 - was like sitting on the edge of a deep and gigantic canyon.

Favorite - tie between Stockholm Cirkus and Vredenburg, Utrecht, 2003 - both center and up front leaning on the rail.
London Astoria '03 came close to same position, but was about five back from stage.

Dozens of other times between those extremes - some close, some not so close, some in the middle - all were memorable one way or the other.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: May 12, 2017 00:33

Hairball you need to take your wife to Europe this fall and see the RS.
C'mon.

Date: May 12, 2017 00:47

35love
C'mon.

She needs to take me!
She hasn't seen her family back in England for several years now - shame on her!grinning smiley

Posted by: aggiebob ()
Date: May 12, 2017 01:13

My best was actually the least favorite ... front of the stage GA at the San Houston Coliseum in Houston July 1978. Ten feet from the Stones! Lousy venue, air conditioning failed, the Stones played an uninspired set and Peter Tosh was dreadful. I've seen the Stones perform 23 times, this one ranks at the bottom. Hard to believe the the outstanding Some Girls Live was filmed / recorded the night before this in Fort Worth.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 12, 2017 01:28

Ya just gotta be on the front line ... Ain't nothin' like it ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 12, 2017 01:46

mosthigh
Only seen them 3 times but...

1) Front Row - Vancouver 2006. 'Nuff said.

2) Prime seating - Montreal 1989 was supposed to be at back of floor, but we snaked 2 wicked stand seats just before showtime and nobody ever claimed them.

3) Pit (off to the side) - Desert Trip #2 - was actually physically closer to them when they came out side stage, than Vancouver, because the stage was lower and closer.

I share two of these with you..
Mine:

1- On the rail at DT2 (Keith's side catwalk)
2- Front Row - Vancouver 2006
3- Front "row" B-Stage -Vegas 2006

Least favorite- Nosebleeds Seattle Kingdome 1981cool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-12 01:47 by MisterDDDD.

Date: May 12, 2017 02:05

Hairball
35love
C'mon.

She needs to take me!
She hasn't seen her family back in England for several years now - shame on her!grinning smiley

Not a family visit. Take her to the Lucca Walls.
(lol I am not being cryptic but aren't you an artist/ Lucca walls/ trees/ romance/ RS :-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-12 02:07 by 35love.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: May 12, 2017 02:43

Least favorite.

Buying tickets from an online sales portal (Onlineticketsshop.com) paying +xxx % on top of the price, specially for tickets that are not even for sale yet.

Ridiculous and absurd!!

Date: May 12, 2017 04:20

35love
Hairball
35love
C'mon.

She needs to take me!

Not a family visit. Take her to the Lucca Walls.
(lol I am not being cryptic but aren't you an artist/ Lucca walls/ trees/ romance/ RS :-)

Italy is the one of the countries we haven't visited while together - separately yes, but that's a different story. One of these days...wine and pasta...love and kisses...
We plan on going back to England to see family soon, yet the Fall is not a good time for either of us - she teaches college while I fart around in my studio making art. winking smiley

A brief trip down memory lane: In 2007, we visited her family in England and then jumped over to the Netherlands to visit some friends. Just so happened the Stones were in the 'neighborhood', so we took a two day detour from our itinerary over to Nijmegen. She had no idea about the Stones - I told her it was for historical research purposes seeking out my ancestral roots (a small white lie as I know my Grandmother originated from Rotterdam). Once we explored the beautiful historical city for the day, over a few beers I pulled a couple of Stones tickets from my wallet. I remember her shaking her head smiling saying 'I knew you didn't want us to come all the way down here just for research'. Long story short (and I've got plenty of them), it was blast and would love to do something like that all over again! We've been back to England, Scotland, and the Netherlands a couple times since then, but alas, other than Stonehenge there were no giant Stones to be seen. Bottom line, it's just not in the cards to see the Stones this time around. We've had our share of great Stones shows, and can die happy.

And where are you planning to see them? Wherever you may go, you will have memories for a lifetime...guaranteed!!!

ps - A shame they're not playing anywhere in England - they really need to recognize their roots and heritage!!!
Perhaps there will be a mini follow-up tour of England for a few shows - they owe it to the fans there!!!

Date: May 12, 2017 06:50

I loved your story of you and Mrs. Hairball! Thank you :-)

I am staying mum on Europe, I am tempted to shout
but I am having the RS time of my life.
I have my own long story I can't make short,
but I have only seen them 1x, San Diego Zip 2015
13th row. I think you know how I feel ;-) xxoo

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: May 12, 2017 07:08

....favorite and least favorite ticket.....?

none of my tickets for the Stones as I recall were anything special....

...however, I do remember my ticket for the farewell Cream concert in 1968 had a picture of the band on the ticket...that was a neat memento grinning smiley

Date: May 12, 2017 07:22

@ 35love

San Diego '15 was a fun opening show for that tour - glad you had a great time! We may have bumped into each other amidst the chaos of the floor seating!!! smiling smiley
I started at row 30, then slithered up to about row 10 during Keith's set to some friends' seats on the aisle , then made it to the very front for the encore!

A few final words of advice:

eye popping smileysmiling smileysmileys with beersmiling smileysmileys with beersmiling smiley eye popping smileysmiling smileysmileys with beersmiling smileysmileys with beersmiling smileyeye popping smileysmiling smileysmileys with beersmiling smileysmileys with beersmiling smileyeye popping smileysmiling smileysmileys with beereye popping smiley

DO NOT HESITATE TO SEE THE ROLLING STONES IN EUROPE!!!!

eye popping smileysmiling smileysmileys with beersmiling smileysmileys with beersmiling smiley eye popping smileysmiling smileysmileys with beersmiling smileysmileys with beersmiling smileyeye popping smileysmiling smileysmileys with beersmiling smileysmileys with beersmiling smileyeye popping smileysmiling smileysmileys with beereye popping smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-12 07:24 by Hairball.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: May 12, 2017 10:20

HankM
My favorite Stones concert ticket is the one
which I have in my pocket for a show tonight at a venue close by where I can go home afterwards and sleep in my own bed.

My least favorite Stones concert ticket is the one
which they didn't put on sale because they were not on tour.

That rings a bell with me too Hank smiling smiley

They played the Stadium close to me three times in the 1990s & 2000s ...but it's now sadly closed down ...so it's back on the train to London for me.sad smiley

Posted by: micawber ()
Date: May 12, 2017 10:36

Fav: Cirkus Krone 2003
Least: HH Arena 2007

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: May 12, 2017 11:06

Recently I enjoyed GA at Hyde Park...a beautiful day, great crowd, and from Keith's initial @#$%& up of SMU the band were "on fire"
A long time ago Knebworth was also great though that's probably more for the historical significance
Best of all was Granby Halls Leicester...I remember my chest being crushed against the stage...obviously wouldn't happen now but I survived and that is still my no 1 show although memory has faded a bit
Worst ticket was 3rd night at 02 in August 2007. Hate that 3rd tier. Would never buy a ticket there again

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1454
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home