Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: The 2017 Stage discussion
Posted by: stevecardi ()
Date: May 16, 2017 01:54

john lomax
stevecardi
You know what would be cool? Have the concert start off during the day, while the sun is up, and use the Urban Jungle stage. Then, as the concert goes on into the night, the roadies and techs modify it so it eventually transforms into the Steel Wheels stage, but this time with the added benefit of a huge Jumbotron screen in the middle.

And to top it off, the b-stage out in the middle is the hydrolic Loutus flower from 1975.

How about they start the show with the purple carpet from 1969.....then two songs in the roadies roll up the purple carpet to reveal the dragon design from 1972. After two more songs they walk through a tunnel built underneath the No filter out to arrive at the b stage which is the lotus from 1975. The lotus opens and they play a couple of songs before jumping onto the cherry picker from 1981 and getting hurled back to the main stage which now has the tongue and lips scrim from 1978. After two more songs the tongue owns up to reveal the four screens from the licks tour. meanwhile the roadies have been busy constructing the fire breathing snake from voodoo lounge and it starts spewing fire as the boys crank up "play with Fire'"

The

Only if it's the Matt Clifford version of "Play With Fire" winking smiley

Date: May 16, 2017 02:06

And this time, each member gets his own cherry picker (including Charlie, who uses his to be hoisted above the audience to perform "Another CR")!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-16 02:34 by stevecardi.

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: May 16, 2017 02:57

john lomax
stevecardi
You know what would be cool? Have the concert start off during the day, while the sun is up, and use the Urban Jungle stage. Then, as the concert goes on into the night, the roadies and techs modify it so it eventually transforms into the Steel Wheels stage, but this time with the added benefit of a huge Jumbotron screen in the middle.

And to top it off, the b-stage out in the middle is the hydrolic Loutus flower from 1975.

How about they start the show with the purple carpet from 1969.....then two songs in the roadies roll up the purple carpet to reveal the dragon design from 1972. After two more songs they walk through a tunnel built underneath the No filter out to arrive at the b stage which is the lotus from 1975. The lotus opens and they play a couple of songs before jumping onto the cherry picker from 1981 and getting hurled back to the main stage which now has the tongue and lips scrim from 1978. After two more songs the tongue owns up to reveal the four screens from the licks tour. meanwhile the roadies have been busy constructing the fire breathing snake from voodoo lounge and it starts spewing fire as the boys crank up "play with Fire'"

The

This is ridiculous.

Why would the fire breathing snake from Voodoo Lounge appear after the Licks screens when every other evolution is in chronological order?

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: May 16, 2017 09:00

Olly
john lomax
stevecardi

The

This is ridiculous.

Why would the fire breathing snake from Voodoo Lounge appear after the Licks screens when every other evolution is in chronological order?

Yes it is ridiculous. It would be a complete pain to have to stop the set after the third song to roll up the purple carpet from 1969. And I forgot to mention that all through the set there would be roadies in the background building the ABB stage just in time for the last song so that selected members of the audience can join the band onstage. And I haven't worked out yet where the bridges stage will fit in to all of this!!!!

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 16, 2017 09:26

That "fire breathing snake" on the VL tour must have been the most ridiculous stage element ever. So much effort, so little effect.

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: May 16, 2017 11:59

Perhaps this is an idea for a new thread, but what were the worst tour stages? My votes would be:

1. The ABB South America/Australia stage - hideously ugly, boring, and in every photo and video I have seen the lighting was terrible

2. The original 14 on fire stage used in Japan and Abu Dhabi - surely this is the Stones cheapest, tackiest stage design ever

3. The 1975/76 stadium tents. Although these were standard for the times so were probably state of the art back then

Date: May 16, 2017 12:14

Stoneage
That "fire breathing snake" on the VL tour must have been the most ridiculous stage element ever. So much effort, so little effect.

What about the dogs and bar room queens in 1990? winking smiley

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: May 16, 2017 12:30

DandelionPowderman
Stoneage

What about the dogs and bar room queens in 1990? winking smiley

They were the dog's bollocks.

Stage design
Posted by: bart-man ()
Date: May 14, 2017 18:41

Is there already any news about the stage? Will there be a B stage or a runway like the 14 On Fire Stage?

Re: Stage design
Posted by: Koen ()
Date: May 14, 2017 18:43

Posted by: micawber ()
Date: May 14, 2017 18:47

No b-stage.

There'll be something as the "50 and counting/14 on fire" tongue runway with some people in between the tongue (tongue pit, now no filter pit) but not in tongue shape, in "!_!" shape.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-14 18:56 by micawber.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: May 14, 2017 19:12

Posted by: Boarder ()
Date: May 14, 2017 19:18

Most likely the main stage will be the one used in previous years, but with new frames around the screens. Instead of the old runway, there will be this u-form runway around the pit.

I know that they announced a new production. I guess they will change the lights and movies etc. But it would surprise me if they had a complete new stage. Would not make sense economically.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: May 14, 2017 19:24

I remember reading about guns and roses using the Stones stage and they have 2 shows to play after the Stones start up in Europe so maybe it will be a new stage or I could be wrong and they borrowed something else from the Stones equipment.

Nate

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: May 17, 2017 16:59

stevecardi

I would love that , great idea .Probably cost prohibitive .

Date: May 18, 2017 03:25

TheGreek
stevecardi

I would love that , great idea .Probably cost prohibitive .

Thank you.
And while def cost-prohibitive (and over the top), I'm sure that with today's technology it could be done.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-18 04:09 by stevecardi.

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: May 18, 2017 03:50

stevecardi

With the Bridge to Babylon connecting them....

Ohh and a gigantic mirror hung above the stadium with the showlights being beamed at it, a lot of baloons, honky tonk women and Charlie on a "Tommy Lee" style rollercoaster that loops around a massive striking cobra that's breathing fire. (which i'd actually pay money to see)

Date: May 18, 2017 03:58

SKILLS
stevecardi

With the Bridge to Babylon connecting them....

Ohh and a gigantic mirror hung above the stadium with the showlights being beamed at it, a lot of baloons, honky tonk women and Charlie on a "Tommy Lee" style rollercoaster that loops around a massive striking cobra that's breathing fire. (which i'd actually pay money to see)

Hahahahah, where do you think I got the idea of Charlie having a 1981-style cherry-picker hoisting him above the crowd for "Another CR."

Damnit, if Tommy Lee gets to be hoisted above a crowd in that roller-coaster tilt-a-whirl machine he had to perform a drum solo, Charlie Watts gets to as well!

But I think we should, for the sake of efficiency, keep it simple and have the B2B bridge connect the main stage to the lotus flower b-stage. winking smiley
(Besides, baloons are so-1981, the early 1970s mirror wouldn't work as well in a giant outdoor stadium, and when it comes to inflatabes, let's face it: there was only one inflatable prop that ever worked well with the Stones, and if Mick Jagger admittingly couldn't write the lyrics to "Brown Sugar" today, I doubt we can expect the return of the "tired grandfather." grinning smiley

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-18 04:31 by stevecardi.

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: May 18, 2017 04:05

But let's face it, the tone has been turned down in terms of grand psychical spectacle i.e. Voodoo Lounge, but too expect that level of staging in today's underlying austere tone, would be potentially uneconomic and at worst detract from the performance, the sheer fact that we are able to continue to, or for the first time witness the power of the Stones in the flesh is more than enough. I initially was a little underwhelmed with the staging of 14onFire/Ole' Ole' Ole' but upon reflection my attention was focused intently on the band not the staging, thereby creating a very strong memory of the musicianship and subtleties of projection to 40,000 people, and that was a remarkable insight into how they team as a group....awesome, i truly relish this run since 2012, it's a gift to fans and first timers that will echo long after it's over... Viva Stones

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-18 04:07 by SKILLS.

Date: May 18, 2017 04:07

SKILLS
But let's face it, the tone has been turned down in terms of grand psychical spectacle i.e. Voodoo Lounge, but too expect that level of staging in today's underlying austere tone, would be potentially uneconomic and at worst detract from the performance, the sheer fact that we are able to continue to, or for the first time witness the power of the Stones in the flesh is more than enough. I initially was a little underwhelmed with the staging of 14onFire/Ole' Ole' Ole' but upon reflection my attention was focused intently on the band not the staging, thereby creating a very strong memory of the musicianship and subtleties of projection to 40,000 people, and that was a remarkable insight into how they team as group....awesome, i truly relish this run since 2012, it's a gift to fans and first timers that will echo long after it's over... Viva Stones

Amen!

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: May 18, 2017 11:49

erikjjf

Is there any Diamond Circle (between No Filter Pit and Golden Circle) on any venue?

Date: May 18, 2017 11:55

Thommie
Is there any Diamond Circle (between No Filter Pit and Golden Circle) on any venue?

Spielberg.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 18, 2017 12:05

Thommie

In Hamburg the Blocks A1-A9 could be considered as 'Diamond Circle' while Hamburg's 'Silver Pit' would be the 'Golden Circle' from the picture above (with the colorful A-E Grandstands).
'Innenraum Stehplatz' -> General Admission Standing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-18 12:15 by Irix.

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: May 18, 2017 12:11

Thank you, guys! Was just curious!

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: November 19, 2017 12:11

I don't know if this has been posted elsewhere, but here is one early sketch of the stage showing how the pit was originally inteded to look like:

Date: November 19, 2017 12:32

The Worst.
I don't know if this has been posted elsewhere, but here is one early sketch of the stage showing how the pit was originally inteded to look like

Some more pictures here:
[iorr.org]

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: November 19, 2017 14:42

The stage was awsome, the best.

Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: November 20, 2017 13:47

The stage was awsome, the best.

Yes it was. I loved the video screens.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 21, 2017 06:30

Loved the stage!!
Really hoping it stays the same (or similar) for the next tour!
Would love a chance to see it in person. The screens really worked nicely.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2133
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home