Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122
Current Page: 22 of 22
Re: OT: Roger Waters stuff
Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: September 23, 2022 00:23

More shows to the European tour 2023, today have Oslo, Stockholm and Copenhagen been added.

A question to those who have seen Waters on the current tour:
Where is the best place to see the show? Close the stage or from a distance? Do you miss more of the visual effects if you are too close?

Do you see the band from behind as much as from the front wherever you sit?

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: September 23, 2022 01:03

Thommie
More shows to the European tour 2023, today have Oslo, Stockholm and Copenhagen been added.

Where is the best place to see the show? Close the stage or from a distance? Do you miss more of the visual effects if you are too close?

I recently saw Waters at Rogers Arena in Vancouver. I was in the upper bowl, but I feel the spectacle of the show would be more enjoyable from the lower bowl. There's an inflatable pig and ship that do laps around the lower bowl (maybe 3 meters above the patron's heads). I could see it from where I was sitting, however I wondered what it would be like to have going over my head and to be that much closer.

After the opening song, the screens (shaped like a t) rise up above the stage and all band members are fairly visible from almost any vantage point. Waters seems to make a point of singing from each corner of the t-shaped stage. Hope that helps.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: September 23, 2022 08:10

I think the sound will be best at either "goal/basket" or midcourt on either side based upon location of line arrays. I am close to the stage again like I was for Madison Square Garden.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: September 23, 2022 15:11

BB and daspy are right. I had front row seats in the lower bowl (not on the floor) and my friend had a suite. First half of the show I was in the lower bowl and the second half I was in the suite. The lower bowl was far superior to the suite in all aspects. That said, it’ll be a great show wherever you are. The lower bowl is almost sensory overload (in a good way!).

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: September 23, 2022 16:48

Thank you Beasty, Daspy and Nashville!
Your experiences will be very helpful!

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: September 23, 2022 17:11

Thommie
Thank you Beasty, Daspy and Nashville!
Your experiences will be very helpful!

No problem! That's what this board is for, when we're not being petty. Haha!

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: September 24, 2022 16:12

He has just cancelled both Polish concerts. Seems he is not interested in playing to people with different views to his. Imagine the whole arena full of people with Ukrainian flags and poor old Roger in the middle. Or the tickets just didn't sell due to backlash.

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: September 24, 2022 16:35

Adams
He has just cancelled both Polish concerts. Seems he is not interested in playing to people with different views to his.

I think a lot of people have different views to his, not only the Poles…

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: September 24, 2022 19:04

RisingStone
Adams
He has just cancelled both Polish concerts. Seems he is not interested in playing to people with different views to his.

I think a lot of people have different views to his, not only the Poles…

True, however not necessarily with public backlash this size exercised.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-09-24 19:19 by Adams.

Posted by: JivinSisterFanny ()
Date: September 24, 2022 23:10

I went last night in San Francisco (had the tickets since Jan. 2020). Sat in the first row off the floor, and it was perfect to see the screen, all the effects, the inflatables, sound, and the entire stage. The floor was great for the 2017 tour, but just off it in the first section is better for this "in-the-round" business (and "cheaper" too).

BeastyBurdeny
Thommie

I recently saw Waters at Rogers Arena in Vancouver. I was in the upper bowl, but I feel the spectacle of the show would be more enjoyable from the lower bowl. There's an inflatable pig and ship that do laps around the lower bowl (maybe 3 meters above the patron's heads). I could see it from where I was sitting, however I wondered what it would be like to have going over my head and to be that much closer.

After the opening song, the screens (shaped like a t) rise up above the stage and all band members are fairly visible from almost any vantage point. Waters seems to make a point of singing from each corner of the t-shaped stage. Hope that helps.

Posted by: vibrolux ()
Date: September 25, 2022 23:13

Saw the show in Sacramento. I totally get the what he's trying to do with the combination of live performance and visual presentation. I had great seats at "the 40 yard line" 10 rows up in the lower bowl. Once they lifted the screen, I had a great view of the stage. This is not a Rolling Stones show where you get some variations in the set list. It's the same exact set list, every night to stay in sync with the visual part of the show.

The band is outstanding. But it's more like an Eagles concert than a Rolling Stones concert... Every note is played perfectly. No improvisation. Same "Have A Cigar" solo every night. Of course, they nail it.

Waters walks around and waves. Of course he does. What more could you ask from a 79 year old front man. Oh wait! I know another 79 year old front man...

IMHO, I'd prefer to see this band without all the visuals. In spite of his "@#$%& off" message before the show, it's not about his politics. The band is more than good enough on their own. I found the visuals distracting from a tight band doing a great job playing a solid set list of songs. I've been to lots of basketball games in arenas with radio controlled blimps and the like, so floating sheep and pigs aren't exciting to me.

Just my 2 cents. Bash away.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-09-25 23:29 by vibrolux.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 25, 2022 23:57

But it's more like an Eagles concert than a Rolling Stones concert

Thanks for that one .....
I'll keep it in the back of me note book ... HHhaaaaaaaaa

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 26, 2022 03:11

A new message from Roger Waters:

THIS IS NOT A DRILL

HEY! LUKASZ WANTUCH, "LEAVE THEM KIDS ALONE!"

Correction Roger Waters didn’t cancel Krakow Gigs.

To Nadeem Badshah at The Guardian
And Anna Piatkowska at Gazeta Krakowska

Dear Sir and Madam
Your papers are wrong in their assertions that either, I or my management, has cancelled my forthcoming shows in Krakow, we haven’t.
It is true that a town councillor in Krakow, a Mr Lukasz Wantuch has threatened to hold a meeting asking the council to declare me “Persona non grata” because of my public efforts to encourage all involved in the disastrous war in Ukraine, especially the governments of the USA and Russia, to work towards a negotiated peace, rather than escalate matters towards a bitter end that could be nuclear war and the end of all life on this planet. Not withstanding that this chap Lukasz Wantuch seems to know nothing of my history of working, all my life, at some personal cost, in the service of human rights, he, in an article in a local newspaper urged the good people of Krakow not to buy tickets to my show. Not very democratic sir? If Mr Lukasz Wantuch achieves his aim, and my forthcoming concerts in Krakow are cancelled, it will be a sad loss for me, because I have been looking forward to sharing my message of love with the people of Poland, something I have been doing on many tours over a career that has lasted in excess of fifty years. And also, regrettably, it will deny the people of Krakow the opportunity to see my current show, “This Is Not A Drill,” which is an important addition to a lifetime's body of work. His draconian censoring of my work will deny them the opportunity to make up their own minds.

Yours,
Roger Waters

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2022-09-26 03:13 by Hairball.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 26, 2022 09:41

This thread is closed.

War talks on IORR - posting policy

Bjornulf

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122
Current Page: 22 of 22

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1951
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50