Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122Next
Current Page: 20 of 22
Re: OT: Roger Waters stuff
Posted by: calipachangero ()
Date: September 10, 2022 11:05

First european dates published yesterday: [rogerwaters.com]

Barcelona, Madrid, Milano, Bologna,Prague and Krakow.

A lot more to follow surely as there are huge gaps and a lot of places to be covered.

Getting exited for next years concerts!!

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: September 10, 2022 12:16

He should play Moscow

Date: September 10, 2022 12:27

He should play Moscow, and write a drone of approval for his preferred leader, Vladimir Putin. That 'open 'letter' to addressed to Zelensky's wife about why Ukraine should roll over and die and that the whole war is Washington's fault - he deserves shelling for that, to be honest. Even worse, he actually quotes his own lyric at the top of the letter. Tells you everything you need to know.

Date: September 10, 2022 12:52

Thanks for staying on topic.

Posted by: Torres ()
Date: September 10, 2022 16:48

Until recently it was the tour I was most looking forward to in Europe. Now I just can’t consider the possibility of attending a show. It’s a shame, but there are red lines that have been crossed I cannot accept. Artists are free to have their views, and the fans are free to choose wether to go see them or not.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: September 10, 2022 17:44

A question for those who have already seen the show: Since the stage is in the centre of an arena, is there a side that is more "front" than other sides? With a standing ticket - should one aim for one particular side of the stage, or do all sides get equally covered?

Date: September 10, 2022 17:55

I have been to a couple of his shows this tour. You want to be about 10 rows off the floor to get a good visual of the stage. A bit higher if you just want to watch the visuals.

The concert is kind of depressing. He goes into 5 minutes of preaching his views and ends he concert talking about a nuclear war.

Have a cigar Kicks ass.

Comfortably Numb is horrid.

Overall, It was not as good a show as his previous tours.

Happy24
A question for those who have already seen the show: Since the stage is in the centre of an arena, is there a side that is more "front" than other sides? With a standing ticket - should one aim for one particular side of the stage, or do all sides get equally covered?

Posted by: dimrstone ()
Date: September 10, 2022 18:52

MadMetaphoricalMax
He should play Moscow, and write a drone of approval for his preferred leader, Vladimir Putin. That 'open 'letter' to addressed to Zelensky's wife about why Ukraine should roll over and die and that the whole war is Washington's fault - he deserves shelling for that, to be honest. Even worse, he actually quotes his own lyric at the top of the letter. Tells you everything you need to know.

Very well said.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: September 10, 2022 18:58

Aside from all the political nuances of this show it is truly an audio and visual spectacle!
Saw him at MSG and was blown away.
Doesnt really matter where you sit the way the stage is setup, but
I reccomend sitting midlevel from the floor somewhere in the middle (center court)for the best views.
The sound at MSG was excellent.
The way they sync the sound with the video screens is incredible,
Dave Kilminster on guitar was amazing as well as the rest of the band.
His new backup singers sound like angels!
Two Suns in the Sunset was epic!
Go see this show and take some hallucinates! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-09-10 19:14 by spikenyc.

Posted by: perkmo ()
Date: September 10, 2022 20:13

Saw the show in KC, so good. Was really blown away how tight it all was. Side 2 of Wish you Were Here into Sheep ftw.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: September 10, 2022 20:44

georgemcdonnell314
I have been to a couple of his shows this tour. You want to be about 10 rows off the floor to get a good visual of the stage. A bit higher if you just want to watch the visuals.

The concert is kind of depressing. He goes into 5 minutes of preaching his views and ends he concert talking about a nuclear war.

Have a cigar Kicks ass.

Happy24

Thanks! But what about standing on the floor? Despite the great visuals, I want to be close to the stage and watch the band mainly. Do they move around the stage a lot? Or do they mainly face one side?

Date: September 11, 2022 00:40

It is not like a normal stage. It's kind of split into 4 parts and they move to each part from time to time.

I have stood front row and don't think you get the best grasp of everything, but you can see part of the band.

The best seats we had for any of the 3 shows I went to was 12 rows off the floor.

Happy24
georgemcdonnell314

Have a cigar Kicks ass.

Happy24

Thanks! But what about standing on the floor? Despite the great visuals, I want to be close to the stage and watch the band mainly. Do they move around the stage a lot? Or do they mainly face one side?

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: September 11, 2022 00:46

Great show at MSG last week. Sheep was the highlight for me.

Yes, Roger and most of the musicians move about the stage during the show. Even on the floor, you'll see the visuals of the screens.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: September 11, 2022 16:27

spikenyc
Go see this show and take some hallucinates! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

NO, this isn't DSOTM tour. Go sit by a lake listening to LS Sports Arena 75 or Oakland 77 to do that.

I was 4 and 9 rows from the stage in the "back of the floor" and the sound was phenomenal. Could see the screens pretty well but would expect better view of the visuals higher up.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: September 11, 2022 19:15

daspyknows
spikenyc

NO, this isn't DSOTM tour. Go sit by a lake listening to LS Sports Arena 75 or Oakland 77 to do that.

I was 4 and 9 rows from the stage in the "back of the floor" and the sound was phenomenal. Could see the screens pretty well but would expect better view of the visuals higher up.

Sorry but sitting by a lake and just listening is a lot different then being at the show taking in all the audio and visual sensations.
Hallucinates will definetly enhance your experience.

Date: September 11, 2022 20:49

Hallucinates might just give you a bad trip...

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 11, 2022 22:05

Posted by: rebelhipi ()
Date: September 12, 2022 00:44

Torres
Until recently it was the tour I was most looking forward to in Europe. Now I just can’t consider the possibility of attending a show. It’s a shame, but there are red lines that have been crossed I cannot accept. Artists are free to have their views, and the fans are free to choose wether to go see them or not.
Agree, interesting to see how the shows in Poland will sell.

Personally i was really looking forward seeing this but his pro Putin statements, especially as a Fin who wants Finland to join Nato asap. Its not something i wanna support.

I think ill be fine with my memories of the Us And Them tour.

Its a shame. Ive always agreed with most of his politics but this one crossed the line.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-09-12 00:46 by rebelhipi.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: September 12, 2022 13:58

MadMetaphoricalMax
PLUS ONE BIG TIME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date: September 12, 2022 14:43

Well,just stay home then. No harm done.thumbs up

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: September 12, 2022 15:35

I wonder how Roger will react if most people in the audience wave Ukrainian flags. The shows will sell out in the end because people want his music. There is a big backlash on Polish forums on Facebook but I don't think it will mean lack of sales. We will see. In that case bringing a flag is probably the best way to react to his views. His 2018 show was very anti fascist so hard to grasp what the hell happened to him.

Posted by: roryfaninva ()
Date: September 12, 2022 16:57

Generally speaking, I couldnt care less about an artists politics- they have the same right to free expression as anyone else- but Roger Waters emerging as an apologist for Putin's Ukraine invasion and China's Xi (his comments denying the Uighur genocide so well documented by the UN) have really underscored his own tiresome pedantic shrill megalomaniac tendencies. Cant see giving this guy any of my $$ but it sounds like a first class concert experience and he has written some of rocks most enduring lyrics (albeit 40-50 years ago for the most part).

Date: September 13, 2022 13:32

Adams
I wonder how Roger will react if most people in the audience wave Ukrainian flags. The shows will sell out in the end because people want his music. There is a big backlash on Polish forums on Facebook but I don't think it will mean lack of sales. We will see. In that case bringing a flag is probably the best way to react to his views. His 2018 show was very anti fascist so hard to grasp what the hell happened to him.
This clearly shows how weird and strange Roger Waters has become . Once on the side of freedom for all and the common man and now sticking up for a brutal dictator clearly takes it to another level of insanity or should I say because of his advancing age maybe senility is creeping in . Touched in the brain is putting it mildly . P.S. I have always been a fan of his music , both solo and with Pink Floyd . One more P.S. I wonder how many musicians and artists and world leaders share Mr. Roger Waters views on Ukraine and Vladimir Putin ?

Date: September 13, 2022 14:26

TheGreek
Adams
This clearly shows how weird and strange Roger Waters has become . Once on the side of freedom for all and the common man and now sticking up for a brutal dictator clearly takes it to another level of insanity or should I say because of his advancing age maybe senility is creeping in . Touched in the brain is putting it mildly . P.S. I have always been a fan of his music , both solo and with Pink Floyd . One more P.S. I wonder how many musicians and artists and world leaders share Mr. Roger Waters views on Ukraine and Vladimir Putin ?

While his point of view may be debatable for some, with every post you add a little of your perception and bias into it. I never heard or read Roger sticking it up for a brutal dictator. That is just a false narrativ you're putting out there. His stance is as anti war as ever or more the way I understand it and that certainly doesn't leave way for "sticking it up"to any character involved. He just condones everything that led up to this war and doesn't think fueling it with arms and money adding up in billions is a bright and constructive way of handling it while sitting comfortably at home.

Date: September 13, 2022 15:04

calipachangero
TheGreek
Adams

While his point of view may be debatable for some, with every post you add a little of your perception and bias into it. I never heard or read Roger sticking it up for a brutal dictator. That is just a false narrativ you're putting out there. His stance is as anti war as ever or more the way I understand it and that certainly doesn't leave way for "sticking it up"to any character involved. He just condones everything that led up to this war and doesn't think fueling it with arms and money adding up in billions is a bright and constructive way of handling it while sitting comfortably at home.
I hear you and understand your point .

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: September 13, 2022 15:42

I wonder if he maybe work using oposite reaction ?
Dave and Nick used PF name to release a song for Ukraine ? I will take the other side ! Sounds like the most "rational" answer.

Date: September 13, 2022 18:06

calipachangero
TheGreek

I disagree... His 'letter' to Zelensky's wife is not about being 'anti war', but rather more about telling Zelensky's wife that she and her husband and Ukraine and Ukraine's western supporters should be giving in and abandoning the nation to Putin, while attempting to blame Washington and other western powers for 'causing' the invasion (presumably simply by existing) and continuing the war, despite Putin's efforts to sue for peace (*hollow laughter*).

Of course, up until Putin invaded, the same 'alternative' voices like Waters' were decrying Washington and western intelligence sources as liars and manipulators, because they revealed Putin's plans and troop movements. They were ridiculed by Waters and people like him. Then Putin invaded. That's a pro-war position - that's how invasions succeed. He has no honour. War is being fuelled by Putin's invasion; helpjng an independent country to defend itself against a fascistic imperial aggressor is not stoking war, it is protecting lawful governance. This is Putin's. war, Why didn't Waters write a letter to Mrs Putin? Oh wait. She divorced Vlad year back. I'm surprised she hasn't been found ten floors below a broken window.
Poor old Rog, I'm sure he thinks he's on the right side of history.

Date: September 13, 2022 19:38

MadMetaphoricalMax
calipachangero
TheGreek

I disagree... His 'letter' to Zelensky's wife is not about being 'anti war', but rather more about telling Zelensky's wife that she and her husband and Ukraine and Ukraine's western supporters should be giving in and abandoning the nation to Putin, while attempting to blame Washington and other western powers for 'causing' the invasion (presumably simply by existing) and continuing the war, despite Putin's efforts to sue for peace (*hollow laughter*).

Of course, up until Putin invaded, the same 'alternative' voices like Waters' were decrying Washington and western intelligence sources as liars and manipulators, because they revealed Putin's plans and troop movements. They were ridiculed by Waters and people like him. Then Putin invaded. That's a pro-war position - that's how invasions succeed. He has no honour. War is being fuelled by Putin's invasion; helpjng an independent country to defend itself against a fascistic imperial aggressor is not stoking war, it is protecting lawful governance. This is Putin's. war, Why didn't Waters write a letter to Mrs Putin? Oh wait. She divorced Vlad year back. I'm surprised she hasn't been found ten floors below a broken window.
Poor old Rog, I'm sure he thinks he's on the right side of history.

Well, you make it clear from your overall tone that obviously you are. Nice to be so certain!

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: September 14, 2022 00:20

Some old rock stars die, some others stars fall (van Morrison, clapton, waters....)
I grew up listening to Pink Floyd, one of my very favourite bands.
But i can,t stand this man
I have never liked his person. Not now, never
Overrrated artist, not so great composer
Floyd was about sound and arrangments,gilmour and Wright

Date: September 14, 2022 07:00

So every artist that doesn't agree on your opinion has fallen? This kind of attitude is part of the problem when it comes to "endure" and understand or at least accept other persons point of view.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122Next
Current Page: 20 of 22

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1585
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home