Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122Next
Current Page: 17 of 22
Re: OT: Roger Waters stuff
Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: March 29, 2020 04:27

Hairball
I'm in no desperate need nor in a hurry for a refund, but would have liked to have been given the option as the Stones have done with their postponed shows.
Still early and things can change as far as that option goes (took a while for the Stones to offer it), but would be happy to see the rescheduled shows if and when they are rescheduled - even if they are a year from now.

Just be patient, they will offer refunds just like the Stones.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 29, 2020 05:01

*double post

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-29 05:08 by Hairball.

Date: March 29, 2020 05:05

daspyknows
Hairball
I'm in no desperate need nor in a hurry for a refund, but would have liked to have been given the option as the Stones have done with their postponed shows.
Still early and things can change as far as that option goes (took a while for the Stones to offer it), but would be happy to see the rescheduled shows if and when they are rescheduled - even if they are a year from now.

Just be patient, they will offer refunds just like the Stones.

Yeah daspy patience, and again I'm in no desperate need nor in a hurry for a refund, but would be nice to have the option. But there's several shows I have tickets for that there probably won't be that option.
Madness at the Greek Theater has rescheduled to May 2021 - more than a year away with no refund option. ZZ Top at the Venetian has no refund option nor a rescheduled date yet, but they've been known to delay with postponements/rescheduling without ever giving a refund option. And as of right now, evidently not all Stones shows have the refund option yet, but hopefully they eventually will for those who want refunds.
I've opted for a refund for San Diego, and if they ever do reschedule I'll happily buy a ticket again then. As for what Roger Waters' plans are, patience is the word.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-29 05:10 by Hairball.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 16, 2020 22:53

‘RS Interview: Special Edition’ With Roger Waters

In a wide-ranging interview, Waters explains why he would never reunite with Pink Floyd and much more

[www.youtube.com]

Date: April 16, 2020 23:50

With all the chaos, forgot to post a couple of weeks ago that refunds for San Francisco via ticketmaster became available, though like the Stones tix was told could take 30 days...still waiting on that.
Also, was able to get refunds for Roger in Vegas and L.A. via AXS, and was told between 10-20 days...

If and when the tour is ever rescheduled (and evidently that's still the plan), will happily/hesitantly purchase tix to at least one show...maybe...depending...thumbs up

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: April 17, 2020 00:40

Hairball
With all the chaos, forgot to post a couple of weeks ago that refunds for San Francisco via ticketmaster became available, though like the Stones tix was told could take 30 days...still waiting on that.
Also, was able to get refunds for Roger in Vegas and L.A. via AXS, and was told between 10-20 days...

If and when the tour is ever rescheduled (and evidently that's still the plan), will happily/hesitantly purchase tix to at least one show...maybe...depending...thumbs up

I also applied for a refund, for the Vancouver show. There were still a number of tickets available for the show, especially the more expensive lower bowl seats. He just played here a few years ago, did 2 shows, so I don't think the demand was there. If he does reschedule and tour next year, I'm sure I'll be able to get tickets again. Will be checking my Amex account regularly to see if/when the refund shows up for this and the Stones show.

Date: April 19, 2020 08:11

Straight from the horses mouth via facebook from earlier today:

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: April 19, 2020 11:32

Hairball
Straight from the horses mouth via facebook from earlier today:

Can't wait until next year for this. Since I don't have a ton of money invested, I'll just hold on to my good cheapish tickets. Nice to see Roger getting involved with the refund issue though.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 17, 2020 19:41

Rog' sings "Mother" in isolation...and "live" for once it seems : [twitter.com]

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: May 18, 2020 02:28

I know its low priority, but it'd be @#$%& dope if he and Gilmour were to virtually play Wish You Were Here or something. I never get sick of the very few times they do stuff together these days. Just to see them say "Stay safe Dave" "Stay Safe Rog" would make me very happy in this meaningless world we're in right now lol.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: May 18, 2020 03:04

Roger and David can't even agree on how to do a re-release of Animals. I think the odds of any collaboration are lower than a Led Zeppelin reunion and only slightly better than a Cream reunion.

Date: May 18, 2020 03:32

daspyknows
Roger and David can't even agree on how to do a re-release of Animals. I think the odds of any collaboration are lower than a Led Zeppelin reunion and only slightly better than a Cream reunion.

Oh I know. Just in my wildest dreams, the only things that make me happy are reunions from aging rock stars lol.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: May 18, 2020 05:15

gotdablouse

& it's really good. He has a great band & Lucius are the push over the top. Watch Roger's lips during the video. There's a few messages, haha. He is doing the surly old guy thing really well. @ least he has remained consistent. Looking forward to the tour next year. From what he's saying it is going to be another groundbreaking & wild show. Raise the bar again.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 18, 2020 05:32

crholmstrom
gotdablouse

& it's really good. He has a great band & Lucius are the push over the top. Watch Roger's lips during the video. There's a few messages, haha. He is doing the surly old guy thing really well. @ least he has remained consistent. Looking forward to the tour next year. From what he's saying it is going to be another groundbreaking & wild show. Raise the bar again.

Thought it was great..love all of his miming.. and the talking at the end.
Hope he does do more, fantastic!

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: May 18, 2020 19:02

Here's a terrific interview Roger Waters just did with Michael Moore.

[podcasts.apple.com]

Drew

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: May 19, 2020 17:03

Rogers Waters went out of his way to give my fifteen year old son a guitar pick a few years ago, god bless him, but man he's a whiny pain-in-the-ass.

Posted by: Milan ()
Date: May 19, 2020 17:18

Uh-oh...

Posted by: bonddm ()
Date: May 19, 2020 17:22

Milan
Uh-oh...

[youtu.be]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2020-05-19 19:00 by bonddm.

Date: May 19, 2020 18:40

Not that I thought my dream was gonna come true, but good time for me to bring it up LOL. Two drama queens. I don't disagree with anything Roger is saying, although I also don't believe Gilmour is a monster. It has seemed like when Roger gets an inch he tries to take a mile, and rightfully so as it was HIS band after Syd's, but I get why it grates on Gilmour and they just can't get along. Does seem a little silly after all this time that they're both still kinda drama queens about it. Roger has a point, and I'm sure Dave does too. I wish they could just let Nick run everything so that it doesn't seem so petty.

Date: May 19, 2020 19:21

Milan
Uh-oh...

Roger is 100% correct, and as he says tongue-in-cheekily "WE SHOULD RISE UP"!!!

If you've seen any of those boring clips of Gilmour and his wife and family having poetry readings, you'd scratch your head and wonder "WTF does this have to do with Pink Floyd"? Just so she can sell a few books?
Yet Roger Waters - the mastermind and creative genius, and whom without Gimour would be close to nothing - isn't allowed to mention his film, his tour, or an actual clip of himself performing a Pink Floyd classic?!!!
The official Pink Floyd website ...what a disgrace, and David Gilmour should hang his head in shame...ungrateful jackass.

Stay safe Roger and keep up the good work.thumbs up

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: May 19, 2020 22:07

Roger is simply reaping what he sowed.

Date: April 8, 2021 20:46

New rescheduled tour dates announced starting in July 2022. THIS IS NOT A DRILL

Refunded all tix last year, but will probably recommit to the two L.A. shows...and maybe Vegas...
After a quick peak, plenty of seats available at all price levels...a year and a half from now...no hurry...

All dates listed here on official website: RogerWaters

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: April 8, 2021 20:49

Hairball
New rescheduled tour dates announced starting in July 2022. THIS IS NOT A DRILL

Refunded all tix last year, but will probably recommit to the two L.A. shows...and maybe Vegas...
After a quick peak, plenty of seats available at all price levels...a year and a half from now...no hurry...

All dates listed here on official website: RogerWaters

Yep, just saw the Facebook post. I also had my 2020 tickets refunded. I'd really like to attend a couple of the shows, and the west coast dates look good to me.

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 10, 2021 14:04

It's been so long since these shows were announced, I'd actually forgotten that he had been planning to tour and had to postpone it.

Date: March 17, 2022 21:25

Three more shows added to the upcoming tour:

THIS IS NOT A DRILL

Aug 10, 2022 - Columbus, OH
Oct 3, 2022 - Glendale, AZ
Oct 6, 2022 - Austin, TX

And a new message from Roger:

“This Is Not A Drill is a groundbreaking new rock and roll/cinematic extravaganza, performed in the round, it is a stunning indictment of the corporate dystopia in which we all struggle to survive, and a call to action to LOVE, PROTECT and SHARE our precious and precarious planet home. The show includes a dozen great songs from PINK FLOYD’S GOLDEN ERA alongside several new ones, words and music, same writer, same heart, same soul, same man. Could be his last hurrah. Wow! My first farewell tour! Don’t miss it. Love R.”

Along with three confirmed shows in Mexico at the end of the North American tour in October, he also recently mentioned that he's thinking/hoping of taking the tour to Europe next year.

Posted by: Milan ()
Date: March 17, 2022 22:56

Thanks for the update.

Europe would be nice.

Posted by: calipachangero ()
Date: March 18, 2022 08:35

This is going to be a great, great tour. A shame I cannot make it to the states. Europe next year would be much appreciated! The US and Them tour seems very far already, nice memories come back from concerts in Bologna, Paris and Rome!!

Date: May 5, 2022 22:13

Roger Waters guesting with Lucius - Beacon Theatre NYC, May 4:

Date: June 19, 2022 20:36

Date: June 22, 2022 13:42

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122Next
Current Page: 17 of 22