Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 22
Re: OT: Roger Waters 2017/2018
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 24, 2020 19:34

Tidbit from an friend whose a very close friend of guitarist Dave Kilminster (very cool guy who I've met several times ):

Paraphrase: "Solo material and Floyd material - including tracks from Amused to Death, as well as one brand-new track".

In the promo clip there's rehearsal of The Powers That Be from Radio Kaos, so surely this will be a completely reworked show both setlist-wise as well as stage design.

THIS IS NOT A DRILL - I love it!

Will post more tidbits as I hear them.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: January 24, 2020 19:39

crholmstrom
i'm hoping that the people who keep whining about lip synching just shut up & stay home. it will cut back on the ticket crunch. i will admit "the wall" most likely had some but it was almost more like a futuristic broadway show. the last tour, if there was any it wasn't noticable live or on tapes of the tour. lots of people in the band sang most notably luscius. those ladies can really sing! will be interesting to see if he uses the same band this time. given the small amount of dates, my fantasy would be to have jeff beck on guitar. is good to dream!

[www.youtube.com]

5:00 and again at 5:45. And again at 6:12

Interesting is, that at 5:45 one of the girls also starts to sing at a wrong place, just like Roger. But you can hear her. Unlike Roger.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: January 24, 2020 19:53

[www.youtube.com]

in this video one can quite well hear Roger's live vocal on the background of the main pre-recorded vocal.

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: January 24, 2020 21:19

Happy24
crholmstrom
i'm hoping that the people who keep whining about lip synching just shut up & stay home. it will cut back on the ticket crunch. i will admit "the wall" most likely had some but it was almost more like a futuristic broadway show. the last tour, if there was any it wasn't noticable live or on tapes of the tour. lots of people in the band sang most notably luscius. those ladies can really sing! will be interesting to see if he uses the same band this time. given the small amount of dates, my fantasy would be to have jeff beck on guitar. is good to dream!

[www.youtube.com]

5:00 and again at 5:45. And again at 6:12

Interesting is, that at 5:45 one of the girls also starts to sing at a wrong place, just like Roger. But you can hear her. Unlike Roger.

Hard to argue with that...BUSTED!

OT: Roger Waters presale
Posted by: roma1927 ()
Date: January 27, 2020 19:34

Hi,
Roger Waters has announced his tour and I would be interested in buying tickets and I would like some great seats (for philadelphia).
Do you know how to access presale maybe at presale mlb.com.
Unfortunately in europe the sale of tickets is very different than in the usa.
Help me get some code. Maybe even for the aeg / radio presale. Thank you all.

Re: OT: Roger Waters presale
Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: January 27, 2020 20:27

Hoping for same codes. Not quite sure but may be a presale though Roger's site.

Date: January 27, 2020 20:43

I think there’ no presale on roger’s website. The most important is the mlb.com

Date: January 27, 2020 20:47

Not sure which shows this will work for, but there's a Chase presale with code 541712 - you'll need a Chase credit card.
Chase, Ticketmaster, Radio, and Local Venue presales on Jan 30th at 10 am local time.
VIP and Platinum starts Jan 29 assuming the same local time.

Multiple VIP packages (via AXS/Vegas show), guaranteed to be overpriced!:THIS IS NOT A DRILL VIP

Waiting for various codes to arrive via email, word of mouth, etc., and will post here when I get them.

Date: January 27, 2020 21:14

Do you have also for Philadelphia?

Date: January 27, 2020 21:28

roma1927
Do you have also for Philadelphia?

Nothing more than what Ticketmaster is showing, but onsale dates are same as what's shown for AXS/Vegas- THIS IS NOT A DRILL PHILLY

MLB.COM Presale code is still a mystery.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-27 21:28 by Hairball.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: January 27, 2020 22:23

How much do these various VIP packages typically run for a show like this?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-27 22:24 by TornAndFried.

Date: January 27, 2020 22:30

TornAndFried
How much do these various VIP packages typically run for a show like this?
In usa The price is more expensive than in Europe, so I think around 1000$. While The normal ticket is max 200$.

Posted by: rlj1010 ()
Date: January 27, 2020 22:39

Just trying to figure out why there's an MLB.com presale in the first place!
Roger has nothing to do with baseball.
And the venues are all basketball/hockey arenas.

Very strange.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: January 27, 2020 22:54

rlj1010

Very strange.

I was thinking the same thing! Especially for the Canadian cities apart from Toronto! I was hoping American Express would have front of the line presales but it doesn't look like it.
Since the show is in the round, I don't think there's a bad seat in the house. I'm thinking of trying to get upper bowl seats with a better view of everything.

Date: January 27, 2020 22:58

rlj1010

Very strange.
I don’t want to subscribe to mlb if I don’t receive my code. I lost only my money. But I want to buy a first row without buying a vip packages. Is it possible for you?

Date: January 27, 2020 22:59

I choose philadelphia because is the 9th of july and It’s possible that I can combine Roger’s show with Rolling Stones tour.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: January 27, 2020 23:20

roma1927
rlj1010

Very strange.
I don’t want to subscribe to mlb if I don’t receive my code. I lost only my money. But I want to buy a first row without buying a vip packages. Is it possible for you?

I think first row is pretty much reserved for the deluxe packages. Since this show is in the round things may be a bit different.

Date: January 27, 2020 23:29

roma1927

Probably impossible to buy a front row seat for this show without a VIP, but for a show like this, why would you want to be? That said, if VIP's don't sell well they usually throw them back in to the regular priced ticket pot closer to the date of the show.
Back in 2010 while I was in Chicago, the day before one of the four (or five?) Wall shows at the United Center, I was able to get a second row seat at regular face value the day before the show - had to be an unsold VIP..
Interesting experience to be that close to the stage and band, but with the massive wall looming before me felt it was unnecessary and way too close to experience the spectacle. Saw a few other Wall shows both before and after the above show ,
and was always further back for the optimum experience. Unless you need to be really close to Roger for some odd reason, better off further back imho - better visuals and better quadraphonic sound, but some people want to be close no matter what.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-27 23:31 by Hairball.

Posted by: rlj1010 ()
Date: January 28, 2020 00:16

Best seat for a show like this is lower level, right above the floor level, at the center court section.

for example, for miami:

[mapsapi.tmol.io]

best seats would be 106/107 or 118/119 in a low row.

Date: January 28, 2020 00:24

So if you have some news about presale please We can write The link and the codes in this post

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: January 28, 2020 00:30

roma1927

Hmm, I haven't seen a pre-sale option yet when ordering tickets online over here (EU). For fun I did a Google search for Rog tickets but in the end all pages took me to ticket master (US).

Over here you need an account with the service/company that sells the tickets, then you choose the category/seats and then you pay, like with every other online purchase. The tickets are then sent to you, or you print them yourself, etc. What's different in USA?

Date: January 28, 2020 00:39

That's pretty much the exact same situation here in the USA doitywoik whether on ticketmaster, AXS, etc.

Date: January 28, 2020 00:56

doitywoik
roma1927

Hmm, I haven't seen a pre-sale option yet when ordering tickets online over here (EU). For fun I did a Google search for Rog tickets but in the end all pages took me to ticket master (US).

Over here you need an account with the service/company that sells the tickets, then you choose the category/seats and then you pay, like with every other online purchase. The tickets are then sent to you, or you print them yourself, etc. What's different in USA?

In Europe we have generally only one channel to buy The ticket and it’s possible to buy a ticket in the first row without spending a lot of money for a vip packages. In Europe we have also vip packages but are few than USA. Generally in Europe the floor is standing (sometime also seated) so it’s much better for staying in firs row.

Date: January 28, 2020 01:31

I recall there being multiple VIP packages for the Stones European No Filter shows, but maybe not as many as there were for the North American leg?

Date: January 28, 2020 01:35

Hairball
I recall there being multiple VIP packages for the Stones European No Filter shows, but maybe not as many as there were for the North American leg?
Yes there were and I bought one for Manchester but in Europe we haven’t the official resale ticket or the platinum ticket (they are very few)

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: January 28, 2020 06:14

There were also VIP packages in 2014, somewhere in the four-figure € region, including a meal, a leather jacket, some promo material and a place in the diamond circle (or whatever it was called), and the chance to catch the scent of Keith's cigarette when he quickly walks by for the meet&greet. I guess most people could do without. Last show I saw (stadium), the left front-of-stage area was diamond circle for something like 6-700€, the right front-of-stage area was general standing for 99€ (you guessed right, that's where I was). Both areas divided by the catwalk and extending until somewhere behind the catwalk. There was no rush, you just had to be there round the time the gates opened or otherwise not too late (the wristband thing), and comfortably walking in I ended up 2nd row (of standing people) before the stage. I walked a bit back later because the stage was rather high and you couldn't really see a lot from there ...

In halls it depends on who plays. With e.g. Neil Young last time the floor was standing, with King Crimson it was seats. The floor will never be seats with metal acts, for some reason ... winking smiley

Date: January 28, 2020 14:00

THE RADIO PRESALE CODE IS: MACHINE
So now we need the link.

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: January 28, 2020 16:57

Pay huge money for lip-synched political harangues? To each his own but I'm going to the Stones.

Livenation's password for January if MEMORIES and for February is SOLO. Knock yourself out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-28 16:58 by rbk.

Date: January 28, 2020 20:41

Any news about mlb.com presale?

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: January 29, 2020 18:43

mlb code: DIAMOND

Just got good Loge for Boston (it's in the Round) for less than I feared - $165 each including the fees. Floor seats and closer to center Loge though looked to be $250 PLUS fees.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 22

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1653
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home