Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 22
Re: OT: Roger Waters 2017/2018
Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: October 1, 2019 22:29

Iconic Helicopter Surround

Date: October 1, 2019 22:30

Somebody Abused This Device

Date: October 1, 2019 22:32

See How My Lips Are In Sync

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: October 1, 2019 22:47

I´ve seen him in Hamburg...and it was the most boring
rock show I have ever witnessed. And his attempt to
brainwash the audience is disgusting.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-10-01 22:48 by TooTough.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 2, 2019 00:30

"his attempt to brainwash the audience is disgusting..."

Lol - so much for having a mind of your own.
Better be careful, mean old Roger will put nasty thoughts in your brain! eye popping smiley

Date: October 2, 2019 01:33

Another Brain In The Wash

Date: October 2, 2019 01:33

How Can You Have Any Pudding

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: October 2, 2019 21:26

if you don't eat your meat

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: January 23, 2020 17:11

looks like old misery guts is ready to strike again & soon!

[www.rollingstone.com]

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: January 23, 2020 17:28

Very nice...might need to go to the Albany show.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: January 23, 2020 17:31

It's always one of "them," regardless of which side they stand on, telling "us" how we need to change and saying the elite (which they're certainly a part of) needs to go away. Same message from both sides. It's a bit like your boss telling his employees they need to unionize for their own good. You scratch your head and wonder, what's in it for them?

When I was young, Roger's songs meant a great deal to me. Now I look to his anti-Israel stance and I question everything he really stands for. I end up listening to him and thinking oddly how much he sounds like his self-proclaimed opponent. Two bullies laying down the law. I don't trust either of them.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: January 23, 2020 17:40

Change or die!

Now excuse me while I play my 40 year old songs for the millionth time LOL.

Having said that, yeah, I'd probably go. If its a good set and the lip syncing isn't noticeable. Which is usually the case.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: January 23, 2020 17:54

Will do a few of these as "This will be the last time". I don't agree with all of his politics but I agree with some of it and I have always enjoyed his music and show. Now we need the Stones tour announcement dropped.

Date: January 23, 2020 20:09

Fantastic!

daspyknows
Will do a few of these as "This will be the last time". I don't agree with all of his politics but I agree with some of it and I have always enjoyed his music and show. Now we need the Stones tour announcement dropped.

Agree with you on his politics (some I agree with, some not), but can't think of any artist I agree with 100% - in fact I can't think of anybody who I agree with 100%!
As the "creative genius" behind Pink Floyd, his shows are ALWAYS mind boggling and spectacular.

"He will present an all-new show, this time in the round".

THIS IS NOT A DRILL!!!!! eye popping smiley

Going to see a few - specifically Vegas, L.A., and SF...and maybe one more.

Date: January 23, 2020 20:47

I would ask how he tops the last tour. Seemed like the perfect setlist and a revolutionary show design.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: January 23, 2020 21:42

In the round shows are cool, I like that concept. I like his politics but not his lip synching, lol.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-23 21:42 by Send It To me.

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: January 23, 2020 22:52

I don't think he was lip synching much on the last tour. There was a certain raggedness and a slight frailty in his voice that didn't sound prerecorded. I also read he worked with a vocal coach who got him singing the higher notes again.

The 2007 and 2010 tours might be a different story, though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-23 22:53 by mosthigh.

Date: January 23, 2020 23:39

mosthigh
I don't think he was lip synching much on the last tour. There was a certain raggedness and a slight frailty in his voice that didn't sound prerecorded. I also read he worked with a vocal coach who got him singing the higher notes again.

Could be wrong, but most of the lip syncing I feel I saw was videos from the last tour. Before that one, I'd only seen bits and pieces of songs, although I was told later on a lot of the Wall show was lip synced. But the last tour started with lip syncing from one of the first rehearsal shows I believe:

[www.youtube.com]

Date: January 23, 2020 23:53

mosthigh

There have been bits of it since his Dark Side Tour 2006/07- maybe even prior, though I don't recall any during his In the Flesh Tour around 2000-2002.
The last tour had the least - none of the new songs were lip-synched for example, along with many of the classics.
The bottom line - no matter how much or how little, it's lame, but it's all part of the spectacle and theatrics lol. winking smiley

Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: January 24, 2020 01:26

Glad he is coming to Philly. Never seen him or Gilmor.

Date: January 24, 2020 05:47

sure would love to see roger bust out some of the amused to death material. such a great album. i bet roger will come up with something new & innovative for the in the round concept. can't wait!

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: January 24, 2020 06:29

RESIST

lip syncing

jb

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: January 24, 2020 07:27

Anyone know what the ticket price ranges will be? I checked Ticketmaster website and it shows sale/presale times but no prices. Since it's in the round, I figure even nosebleed seats will be pretty good.
Only other concerts I've seen in the round were Def Leppard back in 88 and also 91ish.

Date: January 24, 2020 07:30

Hairball
mosthigh

There have been bits of it since his Dark Side Tour 2006/07- maybe even prior, though I don't recall any during his In the Flesh Tour around 2000-2002.
The last tour had the least - none of the new songs were lip-synched for example, along with many of the classics.
The bottom line - no matter how much or how little, it's lame, but it's all part of the spectacle and theatrics lol. winking smiley

He was lip syncing the high vocal part on the Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking song Every Stranger's Eyes. I'm told. Which, when you hear it, yeah I believe it.

Date: January 24, 2020 08:38

DGA35
Anyone know what the ticket price ranges will be? I checked Ticketmaster website and it shows sale/presale times but no prices. Since it's in the round, I figure even nosebleed seats will be pretty good.
Only other concerts I've seen in the round were Def Leppard back in 88 and also 91ish.

Looking at Staples Center show in L.A., tix being sold on AXS will be between $50 and $250 - might be a bit cheaper at some other venues.
As with all Roger Waters shows, best to be further back than up close in order to take in the entire spectacle with better sound. Ten rows or more up from floor probably best, and less expensive!
I also saw that Def Leppard tour at the L.A. Forum in '88 with my younger cousin who bought me a ticket a X-mas gift!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-24 08:39 by Hairball.

Date: January 24, 2020 10:25

i'm hoping that the people who keep whining about lip synching just shut up & stay home. it will cut back on the ticket crunch. i will admit "the wall" most likely had some but it was almost more like a futuristic broadway show. the last tour, if there was any it wasn't noticable live or on tapes of the tour. lots of people in the band sang most notably luscius. those ladies can really sing! will be interesting to see if he uses the same band this time. given the small amount of dates, my fantasy would be to have jeff beck on guitar. is good to dream!

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: January 24, 2020 13:11

crholmstrom
i'm hoping that the people who keep whining about lip synching just shut up & stay home. it will cut back on the ticket crunch. i will admit "the wall" most likely had some but it was almost more like a futuristic broadway show. the last tour, if there was any it wasn't noticable live or on tapes of the tour. lots of people in the band sang most notably luscius. those ladies can really sing! will be interesting to see if he uses the same band this time. given the small amount of dates, my fantasy would be to have jeff beck on guitar. is good to dream!

Lucius confirmed on their Instagram page yesterday that they will be joining RW on this new tour. Great news! Their rendition of Great Gig In The Sky was a highlight of the show recently.

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: January 24, 2020 18:32

He bills himself a creative genius.

If he convinces people that buying tickets to his shows equates to participating in a worldwide movement to save the planet, then he deserves the billing.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: January 24, 2020 18:45

Mr Jimmy
crholmstrom

Lucius confirmed on their Instagram page yesterday that they will be joining RW on this new tour. Great news! Their rendition of Great Gig In The Sky was a highlight of the show recently.

Great news. Jonathan Wilson too.

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: January 24, 2020 19:24

Some argue that Roger doesn't lip synch at all. Technically, he 'sings' (or talks, or emotes, whatever) under a prerecorded track with a gate - which means the recording is activated when Roger emotes into the mic - so that the track is actually following him, so there's little chance of getting out of sync.

This vid is convincing evidence. You can hear the separation between the croaky Roger vocals, and the prerecorded track.

[www.youtube.com]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 22

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1522
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home