Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4647484950515253545556...LastNext
Current Page: 51 of 59
Re: Paris France travel and show info - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour 2017
Date: October 17, 2017 11:29

No Filter Pit tickets for Paris 1 right now at U Arena online available
221,50@

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: October 17, 2017 11:36

Finally got a pit ticket for the first show! Been chasing that for a couple of weeks now.

Posted by: monkeymantoo ()
Date: October 17, 2017 11:41

justeillusion
Bonjour,

Les billets Lucky Dip seront à retirer en porte 32 à partir de 18 heures.

Nous restons à votre disposition pour toute demande complémentaire.

Bien cordialement,

Hello,

Lucky Dip tickets will be withdrawn at door 32 from 6pm.

We remain at your disposal for any additional requests.

Best regards,

reply to an email U ARENA
"Withdrawn" means available for collection!

Posted by: justsway ()
Date: October 17, 2017 11:44

mariano
i need a fosse or for 22th show !!!!! please ...

Fose or for 22th availiable at UArena at this moment

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: October 17, 2017 11:45

too_rolling_stoned
221,50@

So they kill the scalpers' business...grinning smiley

Posted by: rstass ()
Date: October 17, 2017 11:45

Fosse Or tickets for Paris 2 (22th) right now at U Arena online available

Posted by: justeillusion ()
Date: October 17, 2017 11:46

FOSSE OR 22/10 ;;;; pIT 19/10 GO u ARENA

Date: October 17, 2017 11:51

too_rolling_stoned
221,50@

Thank you very much for your substantial help. I ordered Pit for Paris II a few mintutes ago.

Posted by: justeillusion ()
Date: October 17, 2017 11:51

mariano
i need a fosse or for 22th show !!!!! please ...

EMAIL just 10 minutes

Date: October 17, 2017 13:27

child-of-the-moon
too_rolling_stoned
221,50@

Thank you very much for your substantial help. I ordered Pit for Paris II a few mintutes ago.

my pleasure to help you out...
Paris 1 Pit
Paris 2 Fosse Or
Paris 3 Pit

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: October 17, 2017 13:45

We've got 'Carre Or' for the 3 nights.

Those were bought on the first minute of sale out of certainty. All Pit and Fosse Or were sold out.
They really got me by the balls.

Posted by: vinckske ()
Date: October 17, 2017 14:14

pfff... just been tryin' for almost 2 hours on ticketmaster and U Arena.
In the beginning pit tix appeared a few times but I could not select a number.
I guess I missed out this pit tix session.

Still happy thoughsmiling smiley have pit tix for Paris 1 & 3 , fosse or for Paris 2

Posted by: spain73 ()
Date: October 17, 2017 14:27

The way they drop the last (pit) tickets is a shame .
Swindlers would be proud of them....
Someone had to say it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-17 14:46 by spain73.

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: October 17, 2017 14:37

are there lucky dip tickets for paris?

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: October 17, 2017 15:01

This sneaky system of selling tickets on and off in the last days isn't that bad, it keeps tickets in fans' hands, and is a way of combatting those damn scalpers.

On Facebook event pages and in the local classified ads website (Le Bon Coin) there's tons of ads with people marking up ticket prices (sometimes asking x2, even x3 face value); some ads are by theives that ask you to PayPal money in exchange for nothing (I've learned how to sniff them out, even if you live in their city, they just "happen" to be on a trip somewhere and say they'll mail you the tix.

Posted by: lickskeith ()
Date: October 17, 2017 15:10

hey guys

Still looking for a PIT Ticket for Paris 2 on sunday!
would love some help!

thank you!

Date: October 17, 2017 15:21

FrogSugar
This sneaky system of selling tickets on and off in the last days isn't that bad, it keeps tickets in fans' hands, and is a way of combatting those damn scalpers.

On Facebook event pages and in the local classified ads website (Le Bon Coin) there's tons of ads with people marking up ticket prices (sometimes asking x2, even x3 face value); some ads are by theives that ask you to PayPal money in exchange for nothing (I've learned how to sniff them out, even if you live in their city, they just "happen" to be on a trip somewhere and say they'll mail you the tix.

Imho, the best way to keep (pit) tickets in fans' hands is selling them from the very beginning in a normal way. I mean: not packaging almost all of them into VIP packages (you pay 500 euros extra for nothing) and writting the name of the buyer on them (in Barcelona they did it that way in order to keep scalpers away).

A real fan doesn't deserve to be checking his computer a thousand times a day ... angry smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-17 15:31 by spain73.

Posted by: AntoineParis ()
Date: October 17, 2017 15:38

One pit for each show in Paris

can't wait!!!!

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: October 17, 2017 16:03

spain73
FrogSugar

Imho, the best way to keep (pit) tickets in fans' hands is selling them from the very beginning in a normal way. I mean: not packaging almost all of them into VIP packages (you pay 500 euros extra for nothing) and writting the name of the buyer on them (in Barcelona they did it that way in order to keep scalpers away).

A real fan doesn't deserve to be checking his computer a thousand times a day ... angry smiley

Well, sometimes he has to!
We did that for the Fan Club Code for the Olympia
Theatre show in 2003 - and ended up paying €50 for a ticket. thumbs up

Posted by: laughinearlydied ()
Date: October 17, 2017 16:08

FrogSugar

riiight, because normal people have time to be the whole day on 2 sites refreshing pages to try and buy a ticket that is already overpriced as shit. You dont combat the scalpers, because they, unlike fans, actually do this full time and scoop these tickets up easily.
if they had fans in mind, they would actually sell the pit normally as was advertised, and not as a part of stupid package for 750+.

Posted by: rlstone ()
Date: October 17, 2017 16:09

Have been checking the website for 10 hours now, but no luck getting 2 PIT tickets for Paris 3.

If someone could help out I would be eternally grateful!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 17, 2017 16:28

Please do NOT use this thead for ticket trading i.e. buying and selling tickets. There is a separate ticket tradinv here called «All Sold Out»

Bjornulf

Posted by: rlstone ()
Date: October 17, 2017 16:42

Sorry BV! Re-posted in the All sold out section.

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: October 17, 2017 16:58

laughinearlydied
riiight, because normal people have time to be the whole day on 2 sites refreshing pages to try and buy a ticket that is already overpriced as shit. You dont combat the scalpers, because they, unlike fans, actually do this full time and scoop these tickets up easily.

Well, in my case, I was fortunate enough to buy my "fosse or" ticket last week during one of these brief windows. (and my psychiatrist says I'm normal!!!) If they had sold everything in the first day or week that tickets went on sale, I would have no other choice but to buy a second hand ticket and pay even more than (the already expensive) face value.

@spain73: I agree about the VIP packages, but unfortunately, as long as there's demand for this stuff, they will supply it and earmark a certain % of tickets for this purpose. The only way they'll disappear is if people stop buying them.

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: October 17, 2017 17:16

laughinearlydied

if they had fans in mind, they would actually sell the pit normally as was advertised, and not as a part of stupid package for 750+.

Actually, we spend all this time on the ticket sites to get tickets that are not overpriced as shit. 220 euros for the pit, or 110 for Fosse Or strikes me as incredibly reasonable in the current climate. I'd pay double and think I got a good deal.

Fans aren't normal people; they are willing to spend the time looking for tickets. I managed to get a pit ticket last night because I decided to make one more check before I went to bed. I am not normal. And I don't think scalpers are spending all of their time looking for these odd tickets. If all regular price pit tickets had gone on sale on the first day, that is when scalpers are looking for tickets (actually, most scalpers have their tickets before they go on sale to the public). So I think this drip-feeding actually helps fans (especially given the odd hours that ticket drops have been released). I have managed to buy regular priced pit tickets for 3 different shows because of these late drops when I was completely shut out on opening day/s. If there had been 100 extra pit tickets on opening day, I still would have been shut out.

Don't get me wrong, I am not staunchly defending the entire ticketing process; I just think in this case you're attacking the wrong target. These little drops don't really matter in the bigger picture, and they do keep fans interested and give them a chance to get a great ticket.

I view it all as a bit like fishing...you have to spend a long time with your rod in the water in order to catch a big one!

syrel

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 17, 2017 17:16

MartinB
are there lucky dip tickets for paris?

Yes and oddly enough it seems you can transfer them to someone else using "Transférer" on the UArena website, never heard of that being an option before. And it might not work if they're working against a pre-printed list of names ? I've been wondering about that in case I get lucky and score a pit for Paris 2...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: October 17, 2017 17:24

syrel
laughinearlydied

Actually, we spend all this time on the ticket sites to get tickets that are not overpriced as shit. 220 euros for the pit, or 110 for Fosse Or strikes me as incredibly reasonable in the current climate. I'd pay double and think I got a good deal.

Fans aren't normal people; they are willing to spend the time looking for tickets. I managed to get a pit ticket last night because I decided to make one more check before I went to bed. I am not normal. And I don't think scalpers are spending all of their time looking for these odd tickets. If all regular price pit tickets had gone on sale on the first day, that is when scalpers are looking for tickets (actually, most scalpers have their tickets before they go on sale to the public). So I think this drip-feeding actually helps fans (especially given the odd hours that ticket drops have been released). I have managed to buy regular priced pit tickets for 3 different shows because of these late drops when I was completely shut out on opening day/s. If there had been 100 extra pit tickets on opening day, I still would have been shut out.

Don't get me wrong, I am not staunchly defending the entire ticketing process; I just think in this case you're attacking the wrong target. These little drops don't really matter in the bigger picture, and they do keep fans interested and give them a chance to get a great ticket.

I view it all as a bit like fishing...you have to spend a long time with your rod in the water in order to catch a big one!

syrel

It is easy to talk with your pit tickets in your pocket.
Many people have been searching more than you, more time and more effort and they got... nothing.
We are not fishermen, we are fans.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: October 17, 2017 17:29

FrogSugar

No. It’s got nothing to do with keeping tix in fans’ hands. It has everything to do with selling the massively overpiced (in this case) Carre Or tickets.

I was stupid enough to fall for it. If they would have sold their tickets in a normal way I would have been in the pit for €250, or what is it. Now I’m seated far away for €350

Glad for all of you who waited til now. But like this fans who decided to go from day 1 are ridiculed.

Date: October 17, 2017 17:34

spain73

It is easy to talk with your pit tickets in your pocket.
Many people have been searching more than you, more time and more effort and they got... nothing.
We are not fishermen, we are fans.

Excuse me, but how the hell do you know how much time and effort I've spent searching for tickets?

I don't always end up with pit tickets and, when I do, it is not simply out of luck, it's about being willing to play the system and having the dedication to spend insane amounts of time searching. Sometimes those two things alone are not enough, because you also have to be very lucky too, and end up searching at just the right moment (or spend all day searching when there is a sniff). But the harder I work at it, the luckier I get.

syrel

Date: October 17, 2017 17:45

BowieStone

No. It’s got nothing to do with keeping tix in fans’ hands. It has everything to do with selling the massively overpiced (in this case) Carre Or tickets.

I was stupid enough to fall for it. If they would have sold their tickets in a normal way I would have been in the pit for €250, or what is it. Now I’m seated far away for €350

Glad for all of you who waited til now. But like this fans who decided to go from day 1 are ridiculed.

They are 'high-priced' (too high for a seat for me, for sure), but they are only 'over-priced' if they don't sell enough to make some money, or could have made more money selling using a different strategy.

I don't mean to sound smug saying that, I got stung on this tour too (paid for a premium pit ticket for Stockholm when I could have got a normal price one two weeks later). I also now have a spare extra ticket for Paris 3. They certainly make money out of our anxiety. I understand the resentment about the ticket prices generally, but I'm also interested in understanding how the system works.

Generally, I don't think the promoter is making any money out of this tour and, given the number of pit tickets released as Lucky Dips, I think they might end up making a substantial loss. Stones tours are notoriously difficult to make money from for promoters, they take them on for the prestige.

syrel

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4647484950515253545556...LastNext
Current Page: 51 of 59

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1806
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home