Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4142434445464748495051...LastNext
Current Page: 46 of 59
Re: Paris France travel and show info - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour 2017
Posted by: justeillusion ()
Date: October 11, 2017 08:04

Infamy
Hi folks.
Seems to be a lot of speculation about the need for an ID when you enter the venue with tickets bought from other people. It makes me wonder: has anyone ever been stopped and not allowed to enter a show because of this? I have seen the Stones ten times over the years but never been asked for ID...
for barcelona id required. But it was planned as soon as the ticket was purchased and mentioned on the ticket. It seems that somebody could have entered with the copy ID. Amsterdam no control ID at my gate.

Paris shows
Posted by: oldrocker ()
Date: October 11, 2017 00:53

Any one know a good place to meet up for a beer be-four the shows in Paris

Re: Paris shows
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 11, 2017 01:15

Keith's bedroom ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: October 11, 2017 01:42

oldrocker

Place Pigalle
jeroen

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: October 11, 2017 01:45

oldrocker

Lots of cool rock bars to have a beer in Paris before the Stones show. In the center of town (Châtelet) there's the Dr. Feelgood rock bar on rue Quincampoix and the Black Dog (rue des Lombards, but the music is more on the heavy metal side), or in Bastille there's the Some Girls bar, which I suspect will be THE place to have beers (they have Brewdog IPA on tap, and - like the 2 bars in Châtelet I mentioned - it's conveniently located on metro line 1, which goes all the way to La Défense in the west (which if I'm not mistaken, is walking distance to the Arena). I'll likely be at the Some Girls (in my yellow Stones shirt, say hi if you see me!).

Posted by: RiffKichards ()
Date: October 11, 2017 12:11

I agree : Some Girls bar is the place to be.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: October 11, 2017 12:23

Didn't know it still existed since the original owner retired years ago.
He was a great guy

Posted by: thorgal34 ()
Date: October 11, 2017 12:39

Infamy
Hi folks.
Seems to be a lot of speculation about the need for an ID when you enter the venue with tickets bought from other people. It makes me wonder: has anyone ever been stopped and not allowed to enter a show because of this? I have seen the Stones ten times over the years but never been asked for ID...

Once I witnessed the situation that person was not allowed to enter Royal Albert Hall ( Gilmour 2015). His Id had different name than this on the ticket ;-)

Date: October 11, 2017 13:10

thorgal34
Infamy
Hi folks.

Once I witnessed the situation that person was not allowed to enter Royal Albert Hall ( Gilmour 2015). His Id had different name than this on the ticket ;-)

I bought 4 tickets, they all have my name printed on them. Just wanted to avoid disturbing neigbors around me ;-)
More seriously, the U Arena site does not mention an ID control, just a warning about the risks of buying tickets on the secondary market. This is mostly because printable tickets can be printed and sold several times and only the 1st arrived will get in.

Posted by: curt ()
Date: October 11, 2017 14:20

Woz
I am traveling from the SF Bay Area and looking forward to connecting with other IORR folk pre-show. I participated in a great IORR pre-show party in Mexico City and I’m looking forward to Paris!

Say Woz, I believe we were both at the same pre-show party in Mexico city.
Turns out we'll both be in Paris as well...

I'll be turning up on Tuesday morning at CDG, and looks like I'll have the same accommodations as schwonek.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-11 14:23 by curt.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: October 11, 2017 14:38

[Grumble] Ticketmaster.fr advises it is not possible to ugrade / change seats. I didn’t have the guts to book my trip without a ticket in hand, so will be waving at y’ll from my comfy seat in the stands. I soooo should have known better...

Date: October 11, 2017 15:38

SomeTorontoGirl
[Grumble] Ticketmaster.fr advises it is not possible to ugrade / change seats. I didn’t have the guts to book my trip without a ticket in hand, so will be waving at y’ll from my comfy seat in the stands. I soooo should have known better...

This was predictable...
You did right to ensure a ticket for the show, you never know what happens. In 2014 the Paris show was absolutely sold out and no "new" tickets appeared before show day.

Date: October 11, 2017 16:13

Thanks Doc, I feel a *bit* better.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 11, 2017 16:56

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: October 11, 2017 17:04

SomeTorontoGirl

Yeah, the promoters make their money off hyper-anxious people like you and me!

Date: October 11, 2017 17:26

syrel
SomeTorontoGirl

Yeah, the promoters make their money off hyper-anxious people like you and me!

I think the promoters also own the companies that make antacids, stress meds and beer - we’re sitting ducks, they’ve got us coming, going and panicking.

Date: October 11, 2017 21:46

The worst part of the story is that we know it, but still act like idiots. We've been knowing it for a long time, and we still make stupid things like being connected on the ticketmaster website one hour before the start, in full panic and heart at 120 bmp, buying the first overpriced tix we can grab. Well, maybe it's just part of the fun...i use to joke about it with a good friend who suffer the same disorder as me...and you!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-11 21:48 by Jumpinjackflash59.

High hopes for Paris
Date: October 11, 2017 11:35

While the tour is getting closer to its final dates, it looks like th Stones are playing better and better.

If usually there are some people following several concerts from 1 city to another, in Paris, there will be thousands of fans attending more than 1 show, so maybe the band will put some setlist variations for these 3 dates.

Aside the web vote, and without bringing any request of new material, here are some songs that would be higly welcome :
Dancing with Mr D , performed 3 times as of today, would be a great treat
Hate to See You Go, performed in Zurich, nice variation or addition to the B&L blues part of the show
Play With Fire, played at the opening show, could be back at the final show
Dead Flowers which hasn't made it on votes could also be a nice treat.

And of course, maybe Keith could also bring up a little surprise, who knows !

Among the rare songs of this tour, Bitch, You got Me Rocking and Rocks Off were already played in Paris during the 2 most recent Stade de France shows.

And you, what do you think ?

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-11 11:43 by Doc.

Re: High hopes for Paris
Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: October 11, 2017 20:48

Doc
While the tour is getting closer to its final dates, it looks like th Stones are playing better and better.

If usually there are some people following several concerts from 1 city to another, in Paris, there will be thousands of fans attending more than 1 show, so maybe the band will put some setlist variations for these 3 dates.

Aside the web vote, and without bringing any request of new material, here are some songs that would be higly welcome :
Dancing with Mr D , performed 3 times as of today, would be a great treat
Hate to See You Go, performed in Zurich, nice variation or addition to the B&L blues part of the show
Play With Fire, played at the opening show, could be back at the final show
Dead Flowers which hasn't made it on votes could also be a nice treat.

And of course, maybe Keith could also bring up a little surprise, who knows !

Among the rare songs of this tour, Bitch, You got Me Rocking and Rocks Off were already played in Paris during the 2 most recent Stade de France shows.

And you, what do you think ?

Hi Doc!
Great to see you are still alive and kicking! Don't worry too much about which songs will come along. I'm pretty sure (in case, and you surely will, you attend all three) the Stones will bring in plenty of variety. Much more important is that the "Stones engine" gets smooth during the course, because there is no better feeling then (in Amsterdam they really blew my mind cool smiley!
I'll be in Japan during the Paris shows, but still have Arnhem coming. Remember our nice meeting in front of Olympia in 2093? (with my Japanese wife?).
Have a great time in Paris!smileys with beer

Date: October 11, 2017 21:35

georgie48
Remember our nice meeting in front of Olympia in 2093? (with my Japanese wife?).

Time travel? winking smiley

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: October 11, 2017 21:54

I guess there will be some more variations in the set list. But even if the double the variation slots there will be only 3 or 4.

And since the cut down their shows from 22 songs (Hamburg) to 21 (Munich) and now down to 20 songs but kept their extended greatest bloc there's rather little space for variation

Date: October 11, 2017 22:16

Why wouldn't they celebrate with 21 songs ?
;-)

More seriously, I reasonably thought of a B&L song switch plus 1 "rare" song per show on slot 6 plus the web choice.
Makes it to the 4 songs I suggested.
Seems reasonable IMHO.
And they still may have a surprise or 2 left for the web choice !

Georgie48, I am not sure I would recognize your face but for sure I was at the Olympia in 2003 :-)

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: October 11, 2017 22:29

Nothing new will happen...why waste seven minutes of Keiths life every night...on stage...playing Play with fire and Dancing with mr D...Uuuh...hell no...people buy tickets anyway...why bother...20 songs is enough!

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: October 11, 2017 23:07

Setlist-wise there seems to be an almost general rule: The higher your hopes, the deeper your disappointment. So better keep your expectations on a reasonable level. Yes, they will play three shows in a row in the same location - Paris. Do I believe they will come up with a major surprise there, even a live debut (Let It Loose, Coming Down Again, Slave, whatever)? No. However, I firmly believe they won't do three identical setlists. The rotating songs will most likely be drawn from the canon of songs that was played so for on this tour, possibly with the addition of songs that got an outing or two during recent tours (Dead Flowers, Ruby Tuesday and the like). But the rotation slots are few by now, and I can't see that they are going back to 21 or 22 songs played every night.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: October 11, 2017 23:13

I do not expect anything special for these shows - including the last one.

Date: October 11, 2017 23:14

Doc
Why wouldn't they celebrate with 21 songs ?
;-)

More seriously, I reasonably thought of a B&L song switch plus 1 "rare" song per show on slot 6 plus the web choice.
Makes it to the 4 songs I suggested.
Seems reasonable IMHO.
And they still may have a surprise or 2 left for the web choice !

Georgie48, I am not sure I would recognize your face but for sure I was at the Olympia in 2003 :-)

For sure you would, you always did ... bold, small white beard (SPM related)

Date: October 11, 2017 23:18

Jumpinjackflash59
georgie48
Remember our nice meeting in front of Olympia in 2093? (with my Japanese wife?).

Time travel? winking smiley

Amazing times smileys with beer Lost all my hair grinning smiley

Posted by: MRROLLING ()
Date: October 12, 2017 10:42

I hope Doc that your wishes will be heard , so that we do not have three identical concert

Date: October 12, 2017 10:53

I've always been reasonable in my requests LOL

Dancing with Mr D, Hate to See You Go, Play With Fire, Dead Flowers are very likely to be played since they've played already on this tour.

Any why wouldn't they advertise their forthcoming Rolling Stones On Air release by playing one of their oldies like Come On, orThe Spider and the fly ?

smiling bouncing smiley

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Date: October 12, 2017 11:53

...and Rocks Off and Let It Bleed! (Please and thank you.)

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4142434445464748495051...LastNext
Current Page: 46 of 59

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1815
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home