Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3536373839404142434445...LastNext
Current Page: 40 of 59
Re: Paris France travel and show info - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour 2017
Posted by: Woz ()
Date: September 12, 2017 20:02

Well, I figured out the ticket situation, flight booked and now looking at hotels....I hope there is an IORR gathering, the last one I attended in Mexico City was a blast!

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: September 12, 2017 21:12

I got two lucky dips for Paris 3 and just hope that it will be No Filter Pit - as in Hamburg and Munich many got very lucky.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 12, 2017 22:33

Got some for the 22nd too, guess we can always dream ! I wonder if it might be a different setup in Paris though as it's a smaller indoor stadium. Will they revive the fabulous tongue pit ? That could explain why they never sold the pit tix outside of the packages unlike everywhere (I think) else ?

@Woz - well done, I'm sure something will get lined up for drinks. There were discussions about hotels earlier in the thread, your choice to crash in the area of the venue or closer to Paris. Paris would be more fun I'm guessing ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-12 22:38 by gotdablouse.

Date: September 12, 2017 23:27

I opted for a place right on the Champs Elysees....for the fun and ease of getting around town! smiling smiley

Posted by: Reus23 ()
Date: September 13, 2017 10:33

Can anyone download his tickets from the website?

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: September 13, 2017 10:34

Not yet. They were supposed to notify by e-mail once downloading is possible.

Date: September 13, 2017 22:36

I bought mine yesterday through ticketmaster.fr, which was linked on the rollingstones.com page and I was able to print my tickets immediately, They were also emailed to me.

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: September 13, 2017 22:39

Woz
I bought mine yesterday through ticketmaster.fr, which was linked on the rollingstones.com page and I was able to print my tickets immediately, They were also emailed to me.

Which day and section was available yesterday?

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: September 13, 2017 23:14

schwonek
I got two lucky dips for Paris 3 and just hope that it will be No Filter Pit - as in Hamburg and Munich many got very lucky.

I think the high strike rate of Pit Tickets for Lucky Dippers in Hamburg & Munich can be attributed to the OTT regular priced tickets not selling at an eye watering 800€. In Paris, regular price is 221.50€. Although in practice all are bundled up in expensive packages. I think as the clock runs down, any unsold packages will be unbundled and the Pit tickets dropped at regular price. That's already happening at the 2 Dutch shows. A load of Amsterdam Pit Tickets were sold last night and I believe Arnhem Pit is still available now.

In Paris, the higher category seats are very expensive - 330€ and I think Lucky Dippers stand a good chance of being placed there. At least I hope so as I'm Lucky Dipping Paris 1 & 2 myself grinning smiley. I'm also taking a friend who's never seen the band and isn't keen on standing.

As far as I can see, with Lucky Dipping, you can't lose and I will be lucky dipping every show I go to If and when they come to the UK. I live here and finding a Partner in Crime will be easy.

Date: September 13, 2017 23:46

> Which day and section was available yesterday? <

The 19th and 22nd "platinum seating" section 117

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-13 23:53 by Woz.

Posted by: johnnythunders ()
Date: September 14, 2017 20:02

Hi everyone
I have made a late decision to attend the October 25th Paris gig. Are there any iorr-ers travelling London > Paris early on the 25th, home the next day? And any suggestions on where to stay night of the 25th ?
All recommendations welcome
Many thanks
Simon

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: September 14, 2017 22:08

grzegorz67
schwonek

I think the high strike rate of Pit Tickets for Lucky Dippers in Hamburg & Munich can be attributed to the OTT regular priced tickets not selling at an eye watering 800€. In Paris, regular price is 221.50€. Although in practice all are bundled up in expensive packages. I think as the clock runs down, any unsold packages will be unbundled and the Pit tickets dropped at regular price. That's already happening at the 2 Dutch shows. A load of Amsterdam Pit Tickets were sold last night and I believe Arnhem Pit is still available now.

In Paris, the higher category seats are very expensive - 330€ and I think Lucky Dippers stand a good chance of being placed there. At least I hope so as I'm Lucky Dipping Paris 1 & 2 myself grinning smiley. I'm also taking a friend who's never seen the band and isn't keen on standing.

As far as I can see, with Lucky Dipping, you can't lose and I will be lucky dipping every show I go to If and when they come to the UK. I live here and finding a Partner in Crime will be easy.

I actually heard that VIP pit packages in Germany are 1275 Euro. That's insane. I paid 799 Euro for the 22nd, but I got a shitty hotel room with it, so I guess my price was about 650 Euro.

Date: September 18, 2017 13:14

Please advise re hotels - are IORRers staying out by the Arena or in town and travelling out to the gig on the Metro ? Your thoughts much appreciated. Thanks
Simon

Posted by: markrs ()
Date: September 18, 2017 13:18

I'm staying in town, at Hotel de Neuve.

The area near the arena is a bit quiet and industrial so will be nice to get some true Paris time as well as catching the show of course!

Hotel is in a good area with cafes, restaurants and fairly central so works better for me there. Hope that helps, though sure there will be others staying right by the venue for ease of access.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: September 18, 2017 13:28

johnnythunders
Please advise re hotels - are IORRers staying out by the Arena or in town and travelling out to the gig on the Metro ? Your thoughts much appreciated. Thanks
Simon

Get an AirBnB. There's absolutely loads of them in Paris. Pick one with good reviews and payment terms. Montmartre is a decent area. I've stayed there several times.

Date: September 18, 2017 13:33

Thanks for those suggestions - is anyone staying out by the U Arena ?

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: September 18, 2017 14:08

johnnythunders
Simon

I am stayin at Hotel Roissy "next" to the Aéroport Charles De Gaulle. It was only 48 Euros for three beds. As my flight leaves the next morning that seems perfect. I just have to get to the hotel at some point.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: September 18, 2017 14:48

johnnythunders

We're staying at the Citizen M, which is supposed to be walking distance from U Arena

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: September 18, 2017 17:27

steffialicia
johnnythunders

We're staying at the Citizen M, which is supposed to be walking distance from U Arena

Walking distance ? Yes indeed !
Approx. 100 meters, closer than any subway station :-)

Date: September 18, 2017 18:25

Citizen M sadly fully booked so have booked Mercure La Defense Grand Arche, also very near venue

Date: September 19, 2017 16:05

Hi,

Finally the Paris tickets from Uarena.com are ready to be printed. However they didn't send the email they promised, I just logged on to the site again and saw that there now are options to either transfer "transferer" or print "e-ticket" the tickets.

Date: September 19, 2017 16:36

Hadn't paid attention to that "Transférer" option, that could come in handy in case of a last minute problem. Strange you can transfer LD tickets though, well they're not really eTickets just some kind of "voucher".

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: September 19, 2017 19:30

Topi
Hi,

Finally the Paris tickets from Uarena.com are ready to be printed. However they didn't send the email they promised, I just logged on to the site again and saw that there now are options to either transfer "transferer" or print "e-ticket" the tickets.

I received an email.

Posted by: John1982 ()
Date: September 19, 2017 20:49

I didn't receive an e-mail. But downloaded my tickets. And while I was downloading the tickets, they started playing start me up on the radio. :-)

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: September 19, 2017 22:27

Here the same: I didn't receive an e-mail. But downloaded my ticket from the u-arena site! Got it!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-19 22:39 by MAF.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: September 20, 2017 00:17

can anyone recommend a site to purchase Pit tickets for the Paris show? The site or contact would need to be translated into english. Thanks!

Date: September 20, 2017 10:50

Ticketmaster has some for the 19th for €850 as part of their Platinum package : [www.ticketmaster.fr]

--------------

Date: September 20, 2017 12:00

Just a minor thing to point out here, the "Platinum" tickets are not packages per se. They do not contain anything else than the ticket (at a marked-up price). They call it "market-based pricing"...while essentially all they are doing is scalping their own tickets.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-20 12:01 by Topi.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: September 20, 2017 18:00

Anyone get the early entry package for the Golden circle? Looks like a LOT of rail space for the golden circle, so hopefully it should be easy to grab a rail somewhere right? Which is better, front of the B-Stage or closer to the main stage? I'm thinking main stage.

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: September 21, 2017 08:00

Question: why is Fosse gold cheaper than reserved gold or cat1? Isn't gold standing next best thing to pit? Also, would anyone trade pit tickets in Arnhem or Copenhagen for Paris?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3536373839404142434445...LastNext
Current Page: 40 of 59

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1062
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home