Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3334353637383940414243...LastNext
Current Page: 38 of 59
Re: Paris France travel and show info - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour 2017
Posted by: Beast ()
Date: July 19, 2017 12:10

Topi
That sounds great, Beast!

It will be!! As long as my birthday show doesn't get cancelled on me again Las Vegas style...

I think the last time I saw you was in Stockholm 2014, so hope to run into you sometime somewhere again on this tour thumbs up

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: July 19, 2017 14:22

Hoping so. I'll email you.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: July 20, 2017 17:49

grzegorz67
Topi
Part of the 22nd Oct show being a (seemingly) tough ticket to get could be that initially it was the last show announced for this tour/leg.

People (like me) made their travel plans accordingly. I knew based on rumours that there might be an additional date but at the time it was officially announced I had already booked my flight back to Helsinki.

I booked my Eurostar from London after the presale but before the general sale, based on the 1st 2 show dates. When I scooped a Fosse Or 2 weeks ago, I was able to change my return journey for a mere £29GBP.

So is it 60 GBP round trip and is this a special price for a limited time only or is that the normal price? We are considering going to London for a couple of days in between Paris shows.

Edit: upon rereading, I c that the 29 pounds was probably only for a change of train date fee. How much is just a regular round trip?

plexi

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-20 17:56 by timbernardis.

Date: July 20, 2017 17:54

Beast
I imagine people are attracted by the "je ne sais quoi" allure that Paris always has. Paris is also perhaps more of a travel hub, but for people who want to attend more than one show it's an obvious choice because it reduces travel costs.

Due to work constraints, I am unfortunately able to attend only one Paris show. But but but - it *is* on my birthday AND I'm in the pit, so I don't think that combination can be beaten for my last show of the tour! smiling bouncing smiley

Then maybe we can celebrate your birthday together, Sara. Just call in sick to work so u can make all three shows. Rome can wait.

plexi

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: July 20, 2017 18:26

timbernardis
grzegorz67
Topi
Part of the 22nd Oct show being a (seemingly) tough ticket to get could be that initially it was the last show announced for this tour/leg.

People (like me) made their travel plans accordingly. I knew based on rumours that there might be an additional date but at the time it was officially announced I had already booked my flight back to Helsinki.

I booked my Eurostar from London after the presale but before the general sale, based on the 1st 2 show dates. When I scooped a Fosse Or 2 weeks ago, I was able to change my return journey for a mere £29GBP.

So is it 60 GBP round trip and is this a special price for a limited time only or is that the normal price? We are considering going to London for a couple of days in between Paris shows.

Edit: upon rereading, I c that the 29 pounds was probably only for a change of train date fee. How much is just a regular round trip?

plexi

It depends on the dates and times but if you book far, far in advance, £58 return is possible. My original fare, based on attending Shows 1 & 2 only was £72 and I paid £29 to extend my stay so I could attend show 3.

Eurostar do special promotions from time to time too - short notice 'Snap fares' from £19 each way where you can choose your day but they choose your train depending on where they can fit you in.

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: July 20, 2017 19:12

grzegorz67
timbernardis
grzegorz67
Topi

plexi

It depends on the dates and times but if you book far, far in advance, £58 return is possible. My original fare, based on attending Shows 1 & 2 only was £72 and I paid £29 to extend my stay so I could attend show 3.

Eurostar do special promotions from time to time too - short notice 'Snap fares' from £19 each way where you can choose your day but they choose your train depending on where they can fit you in.

Usually you can find round trip PAR-LON for around 80 euros.

[www.eurostar.com]

Date: July 20, 2017 19:29

grzegorz67
timbernardis
grzegorz67
Topi

plexi

That's 58 GBP round trip?

plexi

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: July 20, 2017 19:59

Yep. Go on the website and play with the times and dates and also watch out for special promotions such as snap fares via Facebook. Signing up to their facebook page isn't a bad shout. 58GBP the cheapeast possible but 72GBP should be easily achievable. Pricing is dynamic, just like the airlines.

Date: July 20, 2017 22:20

You need to keep checking the website daily and then you'll see how the pricing changes, which is nothing but gradually upwards in my recent experience.

At least when the cheaper tickets start selling out, they begin showing how many are left at that price. In my case, there were initially several options available at the cheapest price on the date I wanted, but now those options have narrowed down to only two, i.e., early morning or late evening. All the ones leaving at other times are now more expensive. Fortunately, I bit the bullet when I saw that the tickets at the cheapest price for a daytime train were about to run out.

[www.eurostar.com]

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: July 20, 2017 23:46

As much as I love flying when I travel from London to Paris or vice Versa then Eurostar is the easiest option city centre to city centre in just over two hours is actually quicker than flying when taking into account getting to and through the airports.
When you arrive at Gare Du Nord station in Paris it is advisable to keep a close eye on your possessions and don't hang around there.

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 21, 2017 11:45

Nate

When you arrive at Gare Du Nord station in Paris it is advisable to keep a close eye on your possessions and don't hang around there.

Nate thumbs up

The Gare Du Nord is obviously the worst of all Parisian stations (a sort of "cour des miracles") but "thanks to" the terrorist threats the numbers of police and army forces patrolling there has greatly improved.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: July 25, 2017 16:18

Still carre or tix for all 3 shows at TM.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: July 25, 2017 17:22

Beast
I imagine people are attracted by the "je ne sais quoi" allure that Paris always has. Paris is also perhaps more of a travel hub, but for people who want to attend more than one show it's an obvious choice because it reduces travel costs.

Due to work constraints, I am unfortunately able to attend only one Paris show. But but but - it *is* on my birthday AND I'm in the pit, so I don't think that combination can be beaten for my last show of the tour! smiling bouncing smiley

Which show Beast? I am going to all three Paris shows and the last two I will be in the Pit - It would be great to see you again smiling smiley

Date: July 25, 2017 17:23

timbernardis
Beast

Then maybe we can celebrate your birthday together, Sara. Just call in sick to work so u can make all three shows. Rome can wait.

I agree Plexi - lets have a big Sara birthday party - my hotel is so close to the venue you don't even have to cross a road!!!!!

Date: July 25, 2017 17:25

I'm going to all three Paris shows and taking Eurostar back to London in between all the shows to party with friends and family there!

Date: July 26, 2017 15:37

Party - YES!! But I won't be sharing the pit with you, sparkly top moody smiley Because it's at Paris 1 only that I'll be in there...

Date: August 9, 2017 08:07

bump

Just booked our flights two days ago and I am stoked and excited!

plexi

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: August 9, 2017 23:26

I was in paris last month, so heres a few travel and tourism tips that might help people.

if traveling from CDG airport to marne la vallee chessy at disneyland on the TGV dont buy tickets, just go downstairs get on train and get off, no gates to pass through and no tickets checked.

unfortunately no one told me this was possible so it cost me and my 2 kids over £140 between us.

if possible stay in central paris, and make the most of sightseeing and buy paris viste metro pass.

avoid the louvre and go see more interesting art museums that are less crowded.

buy advanced tickets for eiffel tower, but you will be surprised as although it looks a solid structure, it is infact inflatable. we found this out when uncovering some bushes at the base with a sign saying, danger, high pressure, do not open(in french)

eat at mcdonalds, unless your stinking rich, theres a mcdonalds at republique metro station.

expect to get lost in the metro/rer underground system at least twice in a single day, unless your a smart erse with a weird sense of direction.

metro/rer day tickets tend not to work after a few hours and can cause a problem as it needs reactivated.

go self catering if you dont like mcdonalds.
, avoid bars and food outlets in central paris, they will rip you off.
theres plenty of decent shops that sell food and alcohol at reasonable prices

expect very large queues in CDG both arriving and departing. best take a toilet break before joining the queue.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: August 9, 2017 23:55

McDonalds?? Nooo wayyyy where are my French pasteries on every corner?
Sorry mate no way am I crossing the border for McD's.

I just want to walk the best walks and eat, French coffees, nap Repeat.

Date: August 10, 2017 00:34

Anyone who visits Paris in order to dine at McDonalds deserves to be spit roasted in the depths of hell.

Nate

Posted by: John1982 ()
Date: August 10, 2017 11:10

There are plenty of reasonable priced places to eat in Paris. Just avoid the places around the tourist areas. I usually stay around the area of canal st. martin & parc des buttes-chaumont.

lots of good places to eat & a short ride with the metro into the center of paris.

just booked my hotel for october yesterday.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: August 10, 2017 13:47

French McDonald's is not bad. Compared to the States it's amazing. No kidding.

Date: August 10, 2017 13:53

There are so many great places to eat and drink in Paris and it doesn't have to be expensive.Take a walk instead of going on the metro and you will discover lots of great things.

Nate

Date: August 10, 2017 14:22

Anybody have their Paris tickets ordered from Uarena.com ready for print yet?

Curiously, one of my orders for the 22nd Oct concert does have an option to print the tickets ("télécharger E-billets") , either individually or as a ZIP,but when I click "valider", nothing happens.

However I also have two other orders for the same show and neither one of those has the printing option yet.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-10 14:27 by Topi.

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: August 10, 2017 14:31

Who is opening the show for the Paris concerts?M

Posted by: laughinearlydied ()
Date: August 10, 2017 14:55

Topi
Anybody have their Paris tickets ordered from Uarena.com ready for print yet?

Curiously, one of my orders for the 22nd Oct concert does have an option to print the tickets ("télécharger E-billets") , either individually or as a ZIP,but when I click "valider", nothing happens.

However I also have two other orders for the same show and neither one of those has the printing option yet.

a have tickets for 22 and have no option to download or print yet. i know it is still quite some time away, but still, hope they will do it soon since i dont want to think about it as the date approaches

Date: August 10, 2017 15:18

I know they said September. Was just weird for that "button" to show up on one order out of the three.

Posted by: John1982 ()
Date: August 11, 2017 13:53

I wrote them a mail last week, because the printing option wasn't working. They confirmed that the download will be available in september.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: August 11, 2017 16:51

John1982
I wrote them a mail last week, because the printing option wasn't working. They confirmed that the download will be available in september.

Thanks John1982.

Posted by: jhrock83 ()
Date: August 15, 2017 18:49

i'm looking for a pelouse or for this date
je cherche toujours une place en fosse or pour ce soir là

j.houdemon@gmail.com

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3334353637383940414243...LastNext
Current Page: 38 of 59

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1818
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home