Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2728293031323334353637...LastNext
Current Page: 32 of 59
Re: Paris France travel and show info - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour 2017
Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: May 29, 2017 18:54

Interesting that the uarena site lists Fosse Pit tickets as 221.50€. [www.uarena.com]

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: May 29, 2017 19:11

chriseganstar
Interesting that the uarena site lists Fosse Pit tickets as 221.50€. [www.uarena.com]

Yeah good luck getting them at that price

Nate

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: May 29, 2017 19:33

Nate
chriseganstar

Nate

Quite grinning smiley

Nowhere to be seen for sure. I've sold my Spare Lucky Dips for Shows 1& 2 to a long time mate of mine who's never seen the Stones. There's a theoretical chance we could get into the Pit for 50 quid (57 €) each. But only a theoretical chance...

I reckon they'll put us in the cheapest category of seating, right next to the pitch, which actually wouldn't be too bad at all imho.

Date: May 30, 2017 01:59

Nate
chriseganstar

Nate
Just making the point that that is the face value, not the platinum ticket or package pricing. None obviously for sale at that price. Yet.

Satisfied since 1976

Date: May 30, 2017 02:05

chriseganstar
Nate
chriseganstar

Nate
Just making the point that that is the face value, not the platinum ticket or package pricing. None obviously for sale at that price. Yet.

I'm not convinced they will be on sale for that price at any time.

Nate

Date: May 30, 2017 03:13

Nate
chriseganstar
Nate
chriseganstar

Nate

Nate
Neither am I, just depends whether they sell all of the platinum and package tickets to those with the means to pay ridiculously inflated prices. Maybe lucky dips will scoop up whatever is left on the day. You would hope so.

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: wachterc ()
Date: May 30, 2017 12:10

chriseganstar

Very interesting! So it seems that they had plans to sell Fosse Pit stand-alone, but obviously never really done it. Still cannot understand (and still pissed...) why they have cancelled our purchase a few weeks back, especially now based on what they post on their official website about ticket categories...

Date: May 30, 2017 15:58

chriseganstar
Nate
chriseganstar
Nate
chriseganstar

Nate

Nate
Neither am I, just depends whether they sell all of the platinum and package tickets to those with the means to pay ridiculously inflated prices. Maybe lucky dips will scoop up whatever is left on the day. You would hope so.

I think Lucky Dips are predetermined with sealed envelopes with buyers' containing 2 tickets handed out upon arrival. It could well be that some Pit Tickets are handed out at their discretion- probably to the aesthetically pleasing youth. winking smiley Bjornulf has reported seeing late arrivals in the Pit in the past with big beaming smiles on their faces- very likely to be very lucky Lucky Dippers so there could be some truth in this.

So maybe for Lucky Dippers, the best strategy is to arrive a bit later?

Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: May 30, 2017 19:22

grzegorz67
handed out at their discretion- probably to the aesthetically pleasing youth. winking smiley Bjornulf has reported seeing late arrivals in the Pit in the past with big beaming smiles on their faces- very likely to be very lucky Lucky Dippers so there could be some truth in this.

I was wondering (half seriously) whether I'd be best off dumping my current lucky dip partner and trying to find a young attractive (male or female) friend to accompany me.... XD

Date: May 30, 2017 20:12

A question from a french guy, not Parisian anymore (but still in my heart)...
What makes Paris so special? I mean, the other threads are only a few pages, 3 or 5 or 7, and here we're on page #32.
I know theese are the last shows of the european leg, a new arena, etc, but....why are the Paris concerts so popular?
Believe me, my question is very innocent, i don't try to push you to answer "Paris is the most beautiful city in the world blah blah blah" (i'm not sure about that BTW) and so on...
Just curious about your feeling, so?

Date: May 30, 2017 20:25

Jumpinjackflash59
What makes Paris so special? I mean, the other threads are only a few pages, 3 or 5 or 7, and here we're on page #32.
I know theese are the last shows of the european leg, a new arena, etc, but....why are the Paris concerts so popular?
Believe me, my question is very innocent, i don't try to push you to answer "Paris is the most beautiful city in the world blah blah blah" (i'm not sure about that BTW) and so on...

to keep it simple-
3 consecutive shows means the chances are good for a variety of different songs each night
I can save money since I'll be staying at a friend's home
I have a pit ticket for the final show...
that's what makes this run special to me

Posted by: RiffKichards ()
Date: May 30, 2017 21:05

Jumpinjackflash59

I have noticed the same thing. An element (among others) is the mess that was the presale, it has generated many messages. Also, it is about three shows, so three times more messages. But other explanations can be found.

Date: May 30, 2017 22:09

MarthaTuesday
grzegorz67
handed out at their discretion- probably to the aesthetically pleasing youth. winking smiley Bjornulf has reported seeing late arrivals in the Pit in the past with big beaming smiles on their faces- very likely to be very lucky Lucky Dippers so there could be some truth in this.

I was wondering (half seriously) whether I'd be best off dumping my current lucky dip partner and trying to find a young attractive (male or female) friend to accompany me.... XD

Is that for Barcelona, Martha? I'm at that show, my only full price ticket of the tour thus far. I'm in Pista A and will queue for hours to get to the front.

I'm looking forward to Lucky Dipping Paris 1 & 2 as I'll already have seen 2 shows and it will be interesting to see how it works. I'm hoping for decent seats for at least one of these shows...

Posted by: damnation ()
Date: May 30, 2017 22:19

That's great Gzregorz67, this way you can 'test' and report on the lucky dip system - i have dip tix for the 25th smiling smiley and will be glad to take your briefing smiling smiley

Why this thread is so long?
1. Three shows - of which 1 was rumored then confirmed
2. Presale f*ckup with pit tickets that were recalled from the box office
3. Paris IS a cool city smiling smiley smiling smiley

Date: May 30, 2017 22:38

damnation
That's great Gzregorz67, this way you can 'test' and report on the lucky dip system - i have dip tix for the 25th smiling smiley and will be glad to take your briefing smiling smiley

Why this thread is so long?
1. Three shows - of which 1 was rumored then confirmed
2. Presale f*ckup with pit tickets that were recalled from the box office
3. Paris IS a cool city smiling smiley smiling smiley

Paris is always a very popular tour stop. 2014 was a genuine and very fast sellout with a full house on the day. It seems like this is too - all 3 dates!

There will be a Lucky Dip thread when the tour starts and we can all share our experiences. I've never previously used it and it wasn't my 1st preference but the best I could get. The Lucky Dip thread from the 2014 tour is around somewhere - it was pulled up recently.

Some iorrians did well out of Lucky Dip - crawdaddy for starters!

Date: May 31, 2017 00:53

grzegorz67

Is that for Barcelona, Martha? I'm at that show, my only full price ticket of the tour thus far. I'm in Pista A and will queue for hours to get to the front.

I'm looking forward to Lucky Dipping Paris 1 & 2 as I'll already have seen 2 shows and it will be interesting to see how it works. I'm hoping for decent seats for at least one of these shows...

Yes, Barcelona. I'm hoping to make other shows (including Paris) but don't yet know if that's possible. If I only get to go to one show, I'm planning to upgrade when a decent ticket comes up, then do what you're doing for the other shows. Hope you do get at least one good seat!

Date: May 31, 2017 01:08

MarthaTuesday
grzegorz67

Yes, Barcelona. I'm hoping to make other shows (including Paris) but don't yet know if that's possible. If I only get to go to one show, I'm planning to upgrade when a decent ticket comes up, then do what you're doing for the other shows. Hope you do get at least one good seat!

At the moment you can easily get £72 return from London to Paris on the Eurostar around the dates of the shows so they're by far the easiest ones to get to, provided you can get a concert ticket. I booked my train before I got my tickets! The Ticket trader forum on here is very good - I sold my spare for Hyde Park 2 in 2013 on there for face.

If you are planning an upgrade in Barcelona, do bear in mind that you'll forfeit your Lucky Dips altogether as one of the LD conditions is that you must collect yourself so you can only sell your spare if you use the 1st ticket yourself. There are no circumstances in which you can sell both.

Date: May 31, 2017 01:22

grzegorz67

At the moment you can easily get £72 return from London to Paris on the Eurostar around the dates of the shows so they're by far the easiest ones to get to, provided you can get a concert ticket. I booked my train before I got my tickets! The Ticket trader forum on here is very good - I sold my spare for Hyde Park 2 in 2013 on there for face.

If you are planning an upgrade in Barcelona, do bear in mind that you'll forfeit your Lucky Dips altogether as one of the LD conditions is that you must collect yourself so you can only sell your spare if you use the 1st ticket yourself. There are no circumstances in which you can sell both.

I would really love to make at least one of the Paris shows. Not least because I haven't been to Paris for years and want to visit again! Confident I'll get tickets but the shows aren't great timing date-wise for me that's the problem - but I'm working on it. Fingers crossed!

I was planning on just entering the venue in Barcelona with whoever I sold the spare LD to. Friend is happy with cheap tickets (casual fan) so I'd only have one spare. Assumed that would be fine - but maybe not.... I'll find out on the night, I suppose.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: May 31, 2017 16:28

I just received my Vip 4 Package ticket today. They state (correctly) that the face value of the ticket is 122,50 euros.

But it says "PARTERRE DEBOUT", without any mention of "FOSSE OR".

This probably isn't a concern, right..?

Also the receipt says that the package contents will be mailed before the show, so no pick-up at the venue nor having to carry them around at the concert.

I ordered the package through Ticketmaster.FR.

Date: May 31, 2017 16:34

Parterre debout means floor standing.

Nate thumbs up

Date: May 31, 2017 16:55

Yes it does, my point exactly. Wonder what the VIP 5 package tickets say...

TM.fr clesrly stated on their site that

"GIMME SHELTER’ PACKAGE - VIP4

The package includes :
1. Une place debout en Fosse Or
One Excellent “Fosse Or” General Admission Floor Ticket*
• Package Includes Early Entry and First Access to Your Section
One Limited Edition The Rolling Stones Tour Lithograph • Limited Edition Tour Lithograph Based Upon Original The Rolling Stones Artwork
• All Limited Edition Lithographs Printed on Heavy Weight, Acid Free Fine Art Paper
The Rolling Stones VIP Travel Pack
• Created Exclusively For VIP Package Purchasers - Includes Items You’d Take “On the Road”
• Travel Pack Contains an Assortment of Exclusive The Rolling Stones Themed Merchandise
• Includes a Commemorative VIP Laminate & Matching Lanyard

‘PAINT IT BLACK’ PACKAGE - VIP5

The package includes :
One Awesome “Fosse” General Admission Floor Ticket *
• Package Includes Early Entry and First Access to Your Section
One Limited Edition The Rolling Stones Tour Lithograph
• Limited Edition Tour Lithograph Based Upon Original The Rolling Stones Artwork
• All Limited Edition Lithographs Printed on Heavy Weight, Acid Free Fine Art Paper
The Rolling Stones VIP Travel Pack
• Created Exclusively For VIP Package Purchasers - Includes Items You’d Take “On the Road”
• Travel Pack Contains an Assortment of Exclusive The Rolling Stones Themed Merchandise 
• Includes a Commemorative VIP Laminate & Matching Lanyard"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-31 16:58 by Topi.

Date: May 31, 2017 17:00

I wouldn't be concerned if the ticket has the price printed on then that shows what level ticket you have.Good that they are going to mail the VIP package instead of having to dance around with it in the pit.

Nate thumbs up

Date: May 31, 2017 17:08

Not that concerned either...just something I noticed. I can ask TM to confirm.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: May 31, 2017 17:14

Topi
I just received my Vip 4 Package ticket today. They state (correctly) that the face value of the ticket is 122,50 euros.

Tickets for which shows? Printed tickets, no e-tickets?

Date: May 31, 2017 17:16

Oct 22 show VIP 4 ticket. Hard ticket in the mail.

Date: May 31, 2017 17:26

Oh actually the receipt says that the "modalities how to obtain your package will be e-mailed to you before the show":

"Les modalities d'obtention de votre package vous seront envoyés par mail avant le concert".

(assuming "mail" means e-mail here)

This is consistent with the description of the VIP packages at TM.fr: "Each package order will consist of a ticket in the category linked to the selected package and giving access to the venue, and a countermark to be exchanged at the evening of the concert at the U Arena against the delivery of the package contents."

SO you ARE gonna have to 1) either carry the package around (or stash it in your bag) or 2) drop it at your hotel if you stay close.

Anyhow I just emailed Ticketmaster.FR's customer service to clear things up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-31 17:38 by Topi.

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: May 31, 2017 18:37

Still selling my Paris 22/10, Golden Square block 116 ticket, for below face value. Please see my listing in All Sold Out.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: May 31, 2017 20:29

Jumpinjackflash59
What makes Paris so special?...

Maybe just because it's useful for Mick to get some resting at Fourchette in between or right after.cool smiley

HMN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-31 20:30 by Honestman.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: June 1, 2017 10:21

Topi

But it says "PARTERRE DEBOUT", without any mention of "FOSSE OR".

This probably isn't a concern, right..?

Also the receipt says that the package contents will be mailed before the show, so no pick-up at the venue nor having to carry them around at the concert.

I ordered the package through Ticketmaster.FR.

I ordered that package for a friend. I ordered from fnac and have an e-ticket, which says "Fosse Or VIP". I think that as long as you have confirmation that you ordered the package and the ticket is correctly priced (face value 122.50) it should be fine. However it doesn't hurt to ask Ticketmaster to confirm.

Date: June 1, 2017 12:41

Yeah I haven't heard back from them yet.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2728293031323334353637...LastNext
Current Page: 32 of 59

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1193
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home