Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2526272829303132333435...LastNext
Current Page: 30 of 59
Re: Paris France travel and show info - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour 2017
Posted by: JMARCOU ()
Date: May 20, 2017 14:17

Is 4th show in Paris possible ?

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: May 20, 2017 15:33

No.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: May 20, 2017 16:38

IMO no more show this year, except one private gig before Düsseldorf.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-20 16:47 by 1962.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: May 20, 2017 18:08

6th October would be the date for such a gig - for bankers again, for a big company?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 20, 2017 18:10

JMARCOU

Is 4th show in Paris possible ?

From [www.RollingStones.com] :

"The Rolling Stones add third and final Paris Show to their 2017 European Tour".

"These three shows in Paris, France will take place at the brand new U Arena, and are the first concerts to be staged at this venue. No further shows in Paris will be added".

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-20 18:30 by Irix.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: May 20, 2017 19:34

MAF
6th October would be the date for such a gig - for bankers again, for a big company?
Yeah what a shame.

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: May 21, 2017 06:01

So I have read NOT to stay near U Arena as it is a boring area? Which part of Paris do people recommend?

Date: May 21, 2017 12:42

Ticketmaster.fr says "packages closed for sale". So does FNAC.

Posted by: John1982 ()
Date: May 21, 2017 13:44

georgeV
So I have read NOT to stay near U Arena as it is a boring area? Which part of Paris do people recommend?

Personally I like the region around canal st. martin very much. you've got a lot of bars and restaurants over there. the metro system in paris is very good. so don't worry about traveling in the city.

i will stay in that area in two weeks for the french open.

Date: May 21, 2017 13:55

My #1 choice at this point is the Hilton La Défense. Want to stay near the venue and not go through the trouble of having to commute after the show. I do have other options as well, depending of whether my friend joins me for the show.

Stayed in Saint-Denis literally across the street from Stade de France after the 2014 show and had no trouble at all. And that area is not the most comfortable either.

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: May 21, 2017 14:17

georgeV

La Défense is very close to centre city, you have Metro, RER and urban train..And if you go out late in the city you have Noctambus and a taxi should not be too expensive.

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: May 21, 2017 14:42

georgeV
Depends what you want....one of the reasons we're staying at the Hilton La Defense because I like to go to the venue, get my merchandise and leave it in the Hotel before going to the show. Avoids the crowds near showtime. Also being able to walk back afterwards and get a beer without any hassle ! We're only staying one night so it makes sense for us, easy to get to/from Gare du Nord (Eurostar) to La Defense on the Metro. When we stay in Paris for holidays we always stay near Montmartre, great area at night, loads of bars/restaurants.

Satisfied since 1976

Date: May 21, 2017 14:47

leteyer

La Défense is very close to centre city, you have Metro, RER and urban train..And if you go out late in the city you have Noctambus and a taxi should not be too expensive.

I would agree with you 95%. But i have to say first it's not always easy to get a taxi at night, compared with every big foreign cities that i know. And Noctambus, well, it exists and it's ok, but not really easy to understand how it works and how to get the right one if you're not Parisian. I mean, i'm french, i've been in Paris a lot of times, but i wouldn't be able to get one of those night buses without my daughter who lives there. Not a big issue by the way, you'll easily find some people pleased to help you.

Posted by: Infamy ()
Date: May 21, 2017 15:21

Hello to all you Stonesfans out there.
Me and my friend will be attending show number one and two in Paris. Travelling from the northern part of Norway. We have never been to France, so adwice is needed. As die-hard fans we would like to meet other fans and maybe see som sights. I see there has already been made som suggestions about areas in Paris, but where will the Stonesfans gather?

Another question: does the metro close at night, ore does it run 24 hours?

Ray
15 and counting. No stopping. Stockholm next.

Date: May 21, 2017 15:48

Check this link about transportations

[en.parisinfo.com]

Only night buses (Noctilien) run 24 hours a day. Most subway lines close around 0:40 i think.

Date: May 21, 2017 16:19

chriseganstar
georgeV
Depends what you want....one of the reasons we're staying at the Hilton La Defense because I like to go to the venue, get my merchandise and leave it in the Hotel before going to the show. Avoids the crowds near showtime. Also being able to walk back afterwards and get a beer without any hassle ! We're only staying one night so it makes sense for us, easy to get to/from Gare du Nord (Eurostar) to La Defense on the Metro. When we stay in Paris for holidays we always stay near Montmartre, great area at night, loads of bars/restaurants.

Chris - the first beer at the Hilton is on me! winking smiley

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: May 21, 2017 22:22

Seems that they have stopped selling the package tickets for these Paris shows at the moment whether that means they are sold out which I doubt or that they are about to drop some tickets at regular pricing we will see.

Nate

Date: May 22, 2017 12:43

VIP packages are back at FNAC for #2 and #3.

[www.fnactickets.com]#

TM also has Platinum tickets. [www.ticketmaster.fr]#

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-22 12:47 by Topi.

Posted by: rollingloc ()
Date: May 22, 2017 14:32

VIP package on ticketmaster available now. VIP 4 fosse or with early entrance!
just booked mine!!!

Date: May 22, 2017 14:55

See you there rollingloc! I guess we have to start the line-up for the early entry, eh? winking smiley

can anyone help with info re paris.
Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: May 21, 2017 18:06

sorry to start a separate thread but cant find any info specific to my situaton on another thread.

im going to paris in july with my kids to go to eurodisney, staying near eurodisney but wanting to go into paris to visit for a day.

im flying in and out of charles de gaulle.

do i get the tgv train or the metro to get from airport to disney. and is it wise to book online in advance or buy tickets on arrival, and would i need to know french as i dont speak it.

also its 2km from disney train station to my hotel, are taxis the best way or would it be better walking.

also would it be wise to pre book the eiffel tower and seine river cruise or turn up on the day.

would it be wise to pre book museums or turn up on day, and what about the museum pass, is it a good option to buy.

also food, how does one eat in paris without needing to take out a huge loan, is there stalls that sell fast food in central paris.

are supermarkets cheap for food, were self catering.

whats on in the evening in central paris.

can 12 year olds get into bars, beer gardens, street bars cafes etc.

can i drink beer while walking in central paris or on metro or is that not allowed

are you allowed slr cameras into museums or on river cruises and up eiffel tower.

can you bring packed lunch/juice into museums and eiffel tower.

where is there any stones related places to visit/photograph in paris.

can i bring packed lunch into eurodisney and will i get on rides with packed lunch and slr camera.

wheres cheap for beer and food in central paris.

all other info gratefully received. cheers in advance.

Re: can anyone help with info re paris.
Posted by: HankM ()
Date: May 22, 2017 08:26

Only trying to help because you got no answer, not trying to be a wiseacre... but I would bet you could put those exact questions in to google and get a good answer

[www.google.com]

[www.disneylandparis.co.uk]

Dining – Frequently Asked Questions
Q.
Can I bring food into the Disney Parks?
A.
Group picnics which require specific equipment (cool box, tables, and containers) are not allowed inside the parks. For your convenience, a specific picnic area is located between our parking lot and the park entrance.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 22, 2017 08:52

That's a lot of questions to answer, but for advance tickets to museums, tourist attractions, etc. this site is always good - even if just to browse to see all the options available. There's lots to see and do in Paris!

Viator Paris

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: May 22, 2017 16:11

buttons67

grinning smiley

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: May 23, 2017 20:21

(deleted)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-23 20:41 by RoughJusticeOnYa.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 23, 2017 20:56

Don't you hate it when you follow a link to the latest message in a thread and it's been...DELETED !?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: damnation ()
Date: May 23, 2017 22:38

or someone posts a comment to discuss a deleted post..... haha

Who's next?

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 23, 2017 23:36

damnation

Who's next?

When someone posts a comment to discuss a deleted tour (ouch!)

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: May 24, 2017 03:28

buttons67
sorry to start a separate thread but cant find any info specific to my situaton on another thread.

im going to paris in july with my kids to go to eurodisney, staying near eurodisney but wanting to go into paris to visit for a day.

im flying in and out of charles de gaulle.

do i get the tgv train or the metro to get from airport to disney. and is it wise to book online in advance or buy tickets on arrival, and would i need to know french as i dont speak it.

YOU CAN BUY TICKETS AT THE AIRPORT TRAIN STATION ON ARRIVAL. THEY SPEAK ENGLISH HOWEVER THE LINE CAN BE LONG.

also its 2km from disney train station to my hotel, are taxis the best way or would it be better walking.

2KM? WALKING IS BETTER FOR YOUR HEALTH

also would it be wise to pre book the eiffel tower and seine river cruise or turn up on the day.

NO NEED TO PRE BOOK EITHER.

would it be wise to pre book museums or turn up on day, and what about the museum pass, is it a good option to buy.

NO NEED TO PRE BOOK IN MY OPINION. DEPENDS ON HOW MUCH TIME YOU HAVE. MANY PEOPLE DO ONLY THE LOUVRE

also food, how does one eat in paris without needing to take out a huge loan, is there stalls that sell fast food in central paris.

FAST FOOD,FROM LITTLE SHOPS SELLING BAGUETTE SANDWICHES TO MCDONALDS, ARE ALL OVER.

are supermarkets cheap for food, were self catering.

YES.

whats on in the evening in central paris.

RESTAURANTS, CINEMA, THEATER, AND JUST WALKING THE CHAMPS ELYSEE AT NIGHT IS AN ENTERTAINMENT.

LOOK AROUND PRICES ARE POSTED

all other info gratefully received. cheers in advance.

PARIS IS BUILT FOR TOURISM. SOUNDS LIKE YOU NEED A GUIDEBOOK, SO BUY ONE AND ENJOY.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: May 24, 2017 03:33

rollingloc
VIP package on ticketmaster available now. VIP 4 fosse or with early entrance!
just booked mine!!!

I bought this for some friends from Japan. In my opinion, for €325, it's the best deal as long as you are willing to go early and hold your position until the band takes the stage.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2526272829303132333435...LastNext
Current Page: 30 of 59

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1749
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home