Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2324252627282930313233...LastNext
Current Page: 28 of 59
Re: Paris France travel and show info - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour 2017
Posted by: spain73 ()
Date: May 17, 2017 18:03

Jumpinjackflash59
gwen

As I said, nightlife in Nanterre or near La Defense is not really my definition of fun.

Couldn't agree more. It will be much easier to get back to city center than from Stade de France. No reason to book a room near the venue.

I 'll stay there only the nights of the shows, I appreciate the nearness after and before the concerts... The others two night I'll stay in a hotel in Pigalle !!!! I suppose it's a good balance... >grinning smiley<

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-17 18:06 by spain73.

Date: May 17, 2017 18:07

I'm in with Lucky Dips! Looking into Hotels now, so the venue is not in a cool area to stay it seems by the posts here. Where should an American stay who speaks no French? Any suggestions appreciated!

Posted by: damnation ()
Date: May 17, 2017 18:39

Lucky dips now sold out on RS.com

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: May 17, 2017 18:46

I'm lucky dipping both Shows 1 & 2. It was the best I could get. The instant disappearance of tickets happened in 2014 for the Stade de France show too.

I really thought it would be possible to grab Fosse Or for both shows yet I never got a sniff. I was logged into tickmaster & uarena on 3 separate devices. Oh well, it will have to do. At least I'm in the house and might get decent seats though unlikely to be Fosse Or or Pit. Hopefully, bt the law of averages, I'll get something decent for at least 1 show...

I now have a spare for each show. Hopefully they'll be easy to shift.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-17 18:50 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: leftbank ()
Date: May 17, 2017 18:48

UArena Seat Chart?? Found a Gold Or ticket on the 25th for 335e in section 418!
This is top green srea on their diagram, not a Gold section. The seated Gold area does not have sections numbered, at least that the are visible. Any explanation?

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: May 17, 2017 18:52

Am I right in thinking that no pit tickets at all have been sold at the standard pricing?

Nate

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: May 17, 2017 18:57

OK Just to make sure I understand this - Fosse Or ticket gets in only after the people who bought categorie 2 VIP correct?

Date: May 17, 2017 18:59

Nate
Am I right in thinking that no pit tickets at all have been sold at the standard pricing?

Nate

Very probably. It was the same in 2014. No-one seemed to get them. I was in the 2nd row of Pelouse Or (the next section back) and the Pit was mostly (though not all) corporate boots and suits with plenty of space for them to stroll around comfortably sipping their champagne. It appeared to be very underfilled and they looked like the type of people who would think nothing of shelling out for a package. Pelouse Or was the 'party' section that night.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-17 19:17 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: joshbg2k ()
Date: May 17, 2017 19:09

just pulled 2 fosse for 10/25

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 17, 2017 19:12

Nate

Nate

If the band decides to film these 3 shows for a future DVD release, the Pit tix might be reserved for young enthusiastic attractive fans (or "fans" or hired extras paid to clap).
IIrc they did this trick back in 1995 for the Paradiso gigs. The 1st row was filled with (female) models.

The visually appaling IORR regulars wouldn't look too good on DVD so we won't get the Pit tix. grinning smiley

Posted by: wachterc ()
Date: May 17, 2017 19:14

drbryant
OK Just to make sure I understand this - Fosse Or ticket gets in only after the people who bought categorie 2 VIP correct?

No Filter Pit and Fosse Or are two different categories. Based on all information from forum here, No Filter Pit tickets only available via VIP packages. Fosse Or tickets available stand-alone. Christoph

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: May 17, 2017 19:17

Idem on Scorcese-Shine a light movie.

dcba

If the band decides to film these 3 shows for a future DVD release, the Pit tix might be reserved for young enthusiastic attractive fans (or "fans" or hired extras paid to clap).
IIrc they did this trick back in 1995 for the Paradiso gigs. The 1st row was filled with (female) models.

The visually appaling IORR regulars wouldn't look too good on DVD so we won't get the Pit tix. grinning smiley

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-17 19:19 by powerage78.

Date: May 17, 2017 19:30

wachterc
drbryant

No Filter Pit and Fosse Or are two different categories. Based on all information from forum here, No Filter Pit tickets only available via VIP packages. Fosse Or tickets available stand-alone. Christoph

Really? It can't have been for very long angry smiley

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: May 17, 2017 19:36

wachterc
drbryant

I understand that. But this description (my French is terrible) seems to say that if you buy the Categorie 2 VIP package, you receive a Fosse Or ticket and early entry. So anyone who bought a regular Fosse Or ticket will end up behind this VIP package.

PACKAGE VIP 4 / "GIMME SHELTER" PACKAGE

Ce package inclut :
1. Une place debout en Fosse Or / Catégorie 2
2. Une entrée avant tout le monde dans la salle et un accès prioritaire à la Fosse Or / Catégorie 2
3. Une lithographie* The Rolling Stones en édition limitée de la tournée "STONES - NO FILTER"
4. Le "VIP Travel Pack"** de The Rolling Stones

Date: May 17, 2017 19:38

TONS of seats in the stands for 10/25. You can select from the map at ticketmaster.fr. I wish I could go on 10/25.

Click on the link. Click on "Select your own seat". This will give you the seats available on 10/19. Go to the top of the pop up and change the date to 10/25.

[partenaires.ticketmaster.fr]#

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-17 19:39 by drbryant.

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: May 17, 2017 19:40

I've bitten the bullet and gone for VIP NO FILTER package 22/10. I'm telling myself that it's an xmas gift from me to me until I'm 100.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: May 17, 2017 19:51

I hovered but just couldn't justify paying 500 Euros extra for a laminate

sc uk

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: May 17, 2017 19:55

straycatuk

sc uk

The only thing that swung it for me is that it's the only show I am doing this tour.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: May 17, 2017 19:59

I just booked a bed in Premiere Classe Roissy - closed to the airport. Just 48 Euros for 3 beds. Of course it is not superb. But I will not need more...

and booked a bed close to the U arena - depending on what will happen and if trains go back at midnight.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-17 20:00 by schwonek.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: May 17, 2017 20:01

I am looking forward to seeing the unique new architecture of this area/arena
and the old mammoth stone of Paris area. Hope for sunshine too.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: May 17, 2017 20:09

Leclerc and Carrefour are also selling seats if you wanna check.

Leclerc show us the best map I've seen for now
for those who want to take a look it's here, you can enlarge it indeed.
Leclerc Map

HMN

Date: May 17, 2017 20:42

straycatuk

sc uk

I don't see it that way. Don't get me wrong, 700 or 800 € for a tix is obviously wrong and insane and out of touch for a lot of fans. But if i am right, Pit tickets prices for german shows are 800 € right? On a strictly commercial point of view, it wouldn't make sense to sell the same ticket 220 € in Paris and 800 € in Germany. If the average income in Germany was 4 times the one in my country, i would know. I could even learn german and move to Berlin. Wait, i assume i'm a bit too old for that...
The German promotor is just more "honest" than the French one. It's 800 € and if you don't want or can't pay that price, just go f*ck yourself. The French one advertize those tickets at 220 € but if you want one, the only option is the package. Kindoff smoke screen.
At the end, the french price and the german price are pretty much similar.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 17, 2017 21:18

True but NO FILTER PIT in Stockholm was readily available in the pre-sale for a mere 273€...

What I couldn't stomach was that ridiculous 528€ markup, it's just not right to have that variable "prestation" that nothing can justify. If it had been priced at €450/€500 at face value I would have been more tempted.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-17 21:38 by gotdablouse.

Date: May 17, 2017 21:28

gotdablouse
True but NO FILTER PIT in Stockholm was readily available in the pre-sale for a mere 273€...

Didn't know. Well, Sweden is a poor country isn't it? OK just kidding.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: May 17, 2017 21:40

gotdablouse

What I couldn't stomach was that ridiculous 528€ mark Ifup, it's just not right to have that variable "prestation" that nothing can justify. it had been priced at €450/€500 I would have been more tempted.

Exactly my thoughts

These bait and switch practices make the reseller sites look honest.

sc uk

Posted by: gwen ()
Date: May 17, 2017 21:41

The explanation of the german pit prices is quite simple : the equivalent of the french seated carre or in germany is located behind the pit, where the fosse or should be. So the pit there simply had to be more expensive than those seats.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: May 17, 2017 22:00

I got Fosse Or for the 19th and Pit for the 25th. Just working on the 22nd now.

A friend from Paris helped me navigate through Ticketmaster.fr. In the English language version of the site, I could not get to the link to actually select my tickets but it was there on the same page in the French language version and he helped me through the ordering process over the telephone.

Stoked!

plexi

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: May 18, 2017 00:04

SWAP
I need 2 GOLD FOS for OCT 25 for exchange with GOLD SEAT oct 22

vroumvroum67@yahoo.fr

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: leahoneill ()
Date: May 18, 2017 11:07

I have the same question..as I have 2 of these tickets and still dont know where they are

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: May 18, 2017 11:20

leahoneill
I have the same question..as I have 2 of these tickets and still dont know where they are

2 of which?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2324252627282930313233...LastNext
Current Page: 28 of 59

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1748
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home